A Stranger on the Train

Story Info
A woman struggles with temptation while her husband is away.
24.7k words
4.13
42.7k
42
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a story about a woman's struggles with a marriage that has become stagnant and the lure of infidelity. All the characters are fictional so even though they don't practice safe sex it doesn't mean you should too. Allow me to apologize up front for any grammatical errors I missed. I hope that anyone who takes the time to read it will enjoy the story. Comments, good or bad, are always welcomed.

***

Carly Newberg sighed and closed the thick book on state contract law that dominated her desk. It was time to go home. She was in her office at school where she worked as a law professor, but this was for one of the law firms she did research work on the side for. If she left now there would be just enough time to catch her normal train home. Her husband had left on a business trip this morning, but she didn't dread his trips like she had when they were first married. Two whole weeks without her husband would be refreshing and she couldn't wait to get home.

They had met in college. Her husband David was a couple of years older and ready to graduate from business school whereas she still wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her life, halfway through her undergraduate degree. She smiled thinking about the night they had met at a frat party. If only things had remained as perfect as that night she thought sadly, the smile gone now, as she turned out the light and locked the door behind her.

For eighteen years they'd been a couple, nearly half her life she realized with a start. She loved her husband more than anything, but over the last few years their marriage had started to fizzle. They'd been married for fifteen years now. For the first few years of their marriage David had supported her in her pursuit of a law degree, but lately she had been earning more than him as the company he owned ran into financial trouble. This past year, she'd started taking casework with the firm she'd worked with years ago to make ends meet. David was a perfectionist and shied away from facing his own shortcomings. It was the main source of trouble in their marriage and his recent dependence on her had become the latest and greatest reminder of his failings. There were a lot of things she loved about her husband, but his bullheaded pride wasn't one of them.

Walking across campus she headed to the station for her commute home. There was an early evening chill in the air to remind her that the middle of fall was here already. She was fine in her light sweater over a blouse and knee length skirt, but it wouldn't be long before she needed a coat. Within sight of the station now she could see her train pulling up and hurried to make it knowing it wouldn't wait long. She caught it just in time, slumping into an empty seat a little out of breath.

Almost immediately she could feel the eyes of the man across from her lingering over her skin. Carly was in her late thirties with dark hair that fell just past her shoulders and smooth white skin that tried in vain to cling to its light summer tan. The short run in the cool weather had left her cheeks slightly flushed, a look she knew men found irresistible. Five and half feet tall with an athletic body thanks to her religious like dedication to jogging and a pair of breasts that looked well proportioned on her slender frame, she was pretty if not quite beautiful. David liked big breasts but had still fallen in love with and married her, a fact she reminded him of every time he hinted at her getting implants.

The man across from her with short dark hair, graying slightly at the temples, and a Magnum P.I. like mustache certainly seemed to admire her charms. He wasn't one of the regulars from her evening compute, one the people who'd become her silent and nameless companions. Sitting in front of her today was the girl she called Red, a short girl with countless piercings and a star tattooed on the back of her neck who had bright red hair the first time Carly saw her. Her hair was green this week, but she'd always be Red to Carly. On the other side behind Magnum was Big Beard an older, balding man with a messy looking beard. He wore a wedding ring and she always wondered how his wife could let him get away without trimming that thing. There were plenty of people she recognized but Magnum was definitely new. Turning her blue-eyed gaze back to him she blushed under his bold stares and let her dimples show nervously. He wore a wedding ring too but looked more than ready to forget about his wife for a night if given half a chance.

Reading her book, she glanced at him frequently becoming nervous under his unwavering stare. She wasn't scared in the crowded train, but would have changed seats if there had been an empty one. As the train started making it stops she said her silent goodbyes to the faces she knew, knowing their stops as well as her own after all these years. Soon as there was another vacant seat she moved to it but Magnum's eyes followed her. As the train got closer and closer to her stop she started praying he would get off soon. Relief filled her when he stood up a few stops before hers and left. Even outside the train he stared back at her until the train pulled away.

Getting off at her stop she ran to catch the bus that would take her home from here. She had her own car but the traffic and parking in the city was a nightmare so she rarely used it to get to work. Magnum's stares had left her shaken and she was still nervous even though she knew he wasn't here. It wasn't that she had sensed anything dangerous about him, but he shared more than just a mustache with Tom Selleck. He was blessed with rugged good looks and a pair of broad masculine shoulders. Carly was forced to admit she found him attractive and therein lay the danger. His gawking stares had left no doubt in her mind that he was open to sharing a lot more than looks on the train. While her marriage had been less than perfect of late it wasn't bad enough that she'd ever thought about cheating on David. Then again, she was sure most people didn't plan on having affairs they just sort of happened. Well nothing was going to happen between her and Magnum, no matter how warm his handsome face left her feeling inside despite the chill in the air.

Letting herself in at home, she locked the door behind her and leaned back into it with a sigh. Safe inside she hoped David would call tonight, though he didn't check in with her every night during his trips like he used to. Magnum's face kept popping into her mind, like she'd seen it before, as she went to the kitchen to pour herself a drink. She broke out David's good scotch and poured herself a stiff drink downing it in a single gulp. He didn't really look like Magnum all that much. It was the mustache that made her make the comparison but his face was just as handsome and familiar. Maybe she had seen him on the train before, but she didn't think so. In either case he was gone now and it didn't seem likely she'd see him again which meant she was worried over nothing. It was the small part of her worried that tonight was the last she'd ever see him that forced her to have another drink.

Trying to focus on fixing dinner for herself she found it was impossible to get his piercing gaze out of her mind. Carly knew she had a nice figure and pretty face, but it was easy to forget when her husband didn't show much interest in sex anymore. As she chopped vegetables for a small stir-fry for herself she began wondering who he was and why he had shown such an obvious attraction to her. She couldn't envision herself ever cheating on David, but the feelings another man's interest had awoken in her were surprising. Thinking for a moment, she couldn't remember the last time her husband had given her desire filled stares like that.

When dinner was ready she ate in the living room watching TV. Flicking the channels she seemed to find reminders of her admirer wherever she turned instead of the relief she was hoping for. Everywhere she looked from the local newscaster with a mustache to the host of Jeopardy, though he looked different since he shaved off his own mustache, she found vivid reminders of the man she called Magnum. Finally resorting to tuning in a kids channel she could only watch that for so long until it filled her with pain. Turning off the TV in disgust, she put her dishes in the kitchen sink before retreating upstairs to her office.

Shortly after she married David they bought this large four-bedroom home filled with dreams of the children they'd raise here. As Carly stepped into the office that should have been the bedroom for one of her children she felt the sadness wash over her like it hadn't for years. For her law school seemed like something to do as she waited to get pregnant, but she was a member of the state bar and working full time with a firm before she was forced to admit something wasn't right. David had been supportive of her, willing to do whatever it took he said, but how quickly that changed when her doctor told them he was the problem not her. Her husband refused to accept any kind of failure and couldn't stand to ask for help. Suddenly they didn't need children in their lives according to him.

Carly loved him so much that she didn't press the matter, but now as his interest in her diminished and he spent more and more time on the road trying to save his floundering company; an empty house was her cruel reward. Everyday, every single day of her life she wished their problems had been something with her so they could have at least tried some of the treatments. She shook her head thinking about some of the things people would say to her. 'Oh Carly you're so lucky you get to travel all the time and not worry about dragging kids along with you,' or 'You have such a great figure Carly, I wish I still looked like I did twenty years ago but I never got my figure back after having children.' Lucky? Great figure? People could be so fucking stupid sometimes. She knew none of them meant to be hurtful, but if they had any idea how much their comments pained her she knew she'd never have to listen to it again.

As she sat down at her computer she logged into the school's secure server and downloaded some files to go over for tomorrow. These next few weeks were going to be busy and every little bit would help. If they couldn't get that one case to settle she might have to spend a few days in court on top of her classes and other work. It was useless to try and focus on her work though. With her empty house and a strange man showing interest in her on her mind, she found herself thinking it wasn't too late to have kids yet. Giving her head a shake she got up to get a glass of wine. Carly loved her husband more than anything despite his foolish pride that had cost them so much, but tonight her thoughts were leading her down a dangerous path.

With a full glass of wine in hand she returned to her home office and closed her work documents. As busy as she was, her heart just wasn't into it tonight. Checking her email she read a message from her sister inviting her over for dinner this weekend. She smiled thinking about her niece and nephew and the chance to spoil them again. Whenever she was feeling down over not having children of her own, her sister's kids ended up with a big surprise from their favorite aunt. Sending a quick reply and deleting the junk mail that promised to grow her the big cock she'd always dreamed of owning, she sat back and sipped her wine.

Where had she seen Magnum before? The more she thought about it the more certain she was that she had seen his face before and it wasn't on the train. Checking her browser history for a page she'd been reading a few days ago she lost herself in studying the site and finally succeeded in pushing the questions about who Magnum was from her mind for now.

When she finished with the website she left her office for the night, turning off the light. Running a bath for herself she checked her figure in the mirror as she shed her clothing. Her friends were right; she did look almost the same as she did twenty years ago but she would have given almost anything for a C-section scar or the stretch marks of a woman who had given birth. Looking down at her thick growth of pubic hair she tried to remember when she had stopped caring what she looked like down there. Maybe she could trim it before David came home as a nice surprise, but the thought of prettying her privates when her husband was on the opposite coast for the next two weeks sent her down that dangerous path again.

Slipping into the warm soothing water she dipped her head underneath the surface and came up tucking her wet hair behind her ears. With a bar of her favorite scented soap in hand she started to scrub herself, but when it brushed across her nipples she knew she'd found the place she needed to clean for now. Lathering her breasts up, she let the soap slip from her hand as her stiffening nipples glided between her fingers. At the beginning of their marriage, David had given her all the sex she wanted but lately she found herself horny and unfulfilled all the time. Carly had never been shy in bed, one of the things that helped her capture her prince charming in the first place, and had no qualms with seeing to her own needs.

Closing her eyes she let one hand slide down over her taut stomach towards her burning lips as the other continued to fondle her breasts. Caressing her clit softly she thought about her husband's handsome face and sexy body, reminding herself how lucky she was. She'd been with other men before David, but no one except him since the day they met. Some of her crazier fantasies included a faceless second man who joined them in bed and she smiled as it filled her mind when her fingers slipped inside. When the second man showed up with Magnum's face tonight she gasped and opened her eyes quickly. Carly's hand didn't stray from her pussy though and she shrugged knowing thinking about it wasn't going to hurt anyone. No man, not even her David, could live up to the men of her fantasies anyway. Knowing he could never exceed her own vivid images made her feel at ease. The real thing was a lot less tempting when you were sure he'd be a let down.

The Magnum in her mind ravaged her with his stiff cock, pumping between the pink lips of the neatly trimmed pussy in her fantasy world. David was nowhere to be seen now, but as her own hands had proved countless times lately she didn't need him to have a good time. Her husband normally came before she did unless she was well warmed up, but Magnum fucked her on and on waiting for her to finish first like a true gentleman. In her aroused state, Carly had herself tensing in the tub as her orgasm approached. Normally she could last much longer than this but her new admirer had filled her with lust tonight. As her orgasm consumed her, the Magnum in her head asked where he should cum and she said inside her. Carly could almost feel his forbidden seed filling her as she sighed and slumped into the water spent for now.

Afterwards, as she dried, she felt cold and dirtier than she had when she entered the water. Maybe David would call tonight, it would be good to hear his voice she thought. She didn't get her hopes up though. It was the first night apart this trip and she was sure he liked the space it allowed him as much as she did. Calling him at his hotel was out of the question, she hated to disturb him unless there was something important and if he wasn't there he'd return her message the moment he got it despite hour.

Brushing her teeth, she shied away from confronting the guilty look in the mirror. She passed on drying her hair planning a shower in the morning to cure her bed head so she wouldn't have to face herself right now. Dropping her towel at the foot of her bed she crawled under the covers naked and vulnerable, ignoring her pussy's cries for more attention. Carly kept her eyes pressed firmly shut but sleep remained elusive. She could feel her excited pussy pulsing with sexual energy as she tossed and turned trying to find a comfortable position. The bed she normally shared with her husband felt empty that night, more empty than it had in all their nights apart. Glancing at the clock as her frustration grew she read 11:17, 11:44, 12:20, 12:52, 1:09, 1:36.

Finally she succumbed to her urges, sinking her fingers into her snatch mercifully. She'd been tossing and turning thinking about Magnum's heated stares but now as she gave in to her desires her mind was blank. Right now she didn't need visions of David or her mysterious admirer all she needed were her fingers and their skilled probing. Spreading her legs wide beneath the blankets she fingered herself wildly with one hand and massaged her clit with the other. Grunting softly from the effort, she pushed herself towards the sweet release of orgasm willing her pussy to cum and put an end to her torment. The heat emanating from her pussy made her break into a light sweat as she bit her lip ready to cum any second now. Crying out as her orgasm shook her body she settled into her pillow drained, asleep the moment her heart stopped racing.

The next morning she was relived when she didn't run into Magnum on her commute. With an early morning class to focus on she was able to keep him out of her mind all morning. This afternoon she had two law offices to visit and had asked her department secretary to see if she could squeeze in a third that had come up last minute. Eating lunch alone in her office she was checking one of their credit cards online and realized she'd need to contact them for more information.

"Hi this is Carly Newburg. I need a fax of our purchases on this card for the last two years. You can do it? Great. Sure I can verify whatever account information you need," she said answering the lady's questions. "I'm trying to remember when and where we bought this laptop that's on the fritz. I lost the receipt but I seem to remember the store signing us up for their extended warranty and wanted to see if it was still good before replacing it. Thank you, you don't know how much this helps me."

"Here's that fax that came in for you Carly," her secretary said stepping into her office a few minutes later. "I set up that last appointment for today at four too."

"Thanks Janice," she said taking the fax and reviewing. "This is exactly what I needed," she said looking up from the sheets with a crooked smile. She still needed to match the date and location but the proof was in her hands now.

That afternoon she hurried through her first two meetings to make sure there was plenty of time for her last one. It was something urgent that had just come up but the deadline was short. She had less than two weeks to get this case in order and her most important client was counting on her. Heading to the final meeting of the day with the documents she needed to review in her bag she was greeted by the firm's secretary and waved on into the office where she was expected.

"Carly it's good to see you again. Janice said you had something important to go over with me. I hope its nothing too serious," her friend and colleague Charlie Dunn said standing to greet her. After law school her first job had been with Charlie's firm and he'd always looked out for her. The first day they met she was extremely nervous but he made a joke about their names sounding alike that put her at ease right away.

"I don't think so Charlie, but you're the expert on this kind of case so I was hoping you could take a look at this for me," she said taking a folder out of her bag.

"Let me read it over," Charlie said taking it in his hands and looking into her eyes before he started to read it. He nodded as he read it and a few times looked up bobbing his head back and forth as if considering the legal merit of what he was reading. "I'm guessing you'll be the one trying to make this hold up in court?" he asked.