A Stranger on the Train

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I want to stay here tonight," she said in low voice. "If it's not okay I'll go but I'm not ready to lose you yet."

"Of course it's okay," he said climbing into bed with her. Her hand found his cock and with patient stroking she made him hard for one last round. Riding on top of him she found the sweet release of orgasm and collapsed on top of him asleep before the fire between her legs had extinguished.

The next morning he woke her up with a kiss. Smiling she let his lips linger on hers. Even after last night she was anxious for more before he left. Reaching up to hug him to her she felt her hand brush the fabric of his shirt. Carly's eyes bolted open in a panic.

"No John you can't go yet!" she said with tears rushing to her eyes.

"My plane leaves in just over an hour," he said. "I wish we had more time Carly but it's over."

"When will I get to see you again?" she asked.

"Again?" he asked clearly perplexed.

"I need to see you again John. What we have here is special," she said letting out a flood of emotions she been trying to avoid. "Forget about your wife and my husband. We have each other now."

"Look Carly this was fun for a week but..." she could see he was looking for a way out.

"Oh god I'm so stupid," she said trying desperately to choke back her tears. "What have I done? My husband..." she said in a panic. "I can't believe I did this to him, to us. I need to tell him, I need to explain how sorry I am."

"No! Are you crazy? Listen to me Carly. Are you listening to me?" he asked waiting for her nod before continuing. "Just because there's no future for us it doesn't mean you have to settle for him. Don't tell him anything. There are plenty of men out there dreaming of a wonderful woman like you. I'm sorry it can't be me but you'll find the right man. I'll never forget this week," he said kissing her lifeless lips one last time before turning to go.

***

Outside he breathed a deep sigh. He'd done a lot of terrible things in his life but these past two weeks were going to take a while to get over. Catching an elevator down to the lobby he paid his bill and let them know there was a woman still in the room for now who should be gone within the hour. Outside he got into a waiting cab and powered on his laptop as he asked the driver to take him to the airport. Just as Windows finished loading his cell phone rang. It was early so he knew right away who is was. It was time to start making it up to Carly.

"Hello? Yeah just on my way to the airport now. No I didn't find anything, sorry David. Near as I can tell your wife does two things while you're away jog and work late," he said while watching the video of her he'd made with the hidden camera in his room.

It was true until he'd turned on the charm and seduced her himself. David had hired him before to track down employee fraud but this job was different. He had contacted him months ago looking for a way out of their prenuptial agreement. He'd had a mistress for years and wanted to ditch his wife for her only he couldn't afford to give Carly her share of the business when it was already in financial trouble. So David had hired him as an investigator to find some dirt on Carly that would get him out of it. As with any job, he promised results and he knew it was easier to create some dirt in places where the digging was too hard. Carly wasn't the first married women he'd seduced to destroy her marriage, but she was the first one he felt bad about afterwards.

"Just to see that Charlie guy you said was like an uncle to her and her sister's on the weekend. Other than that she's been visiting law offices since you've been gone. I know that's not what you wanted to hear," he said closing the video and deleting it from his hard drive. "I don't know I guess you can keep living a lie or deal with the consequences. I know I guaranteed results but there are expenses either way. Cancel payment on your check? You know what David that's fine. Take your business elsewhere next time you have a rat in the accounting nest. I hope you get what's coming to you," he said hanging up and turning the phone off.

Browsing through the photos he'd taken of her one by one he deleted them as he went. Poor Carly deserved far better than that scumbag of a husband. He would have liked to stay but she deserved better than the likes of him too. Slipping off his wedding ring prop he rearranged his wallet and carefully hid his fake ID. It wasn't a good idea to get caught boarding a plane with that on him. The airport was in sight now ready to take him back to his own empty life. Turning to look back on the city behind him he hoped Carly took his advice and moved on with her life.

***

The moment the door closed behind "John" a satisfied smile crept across her lips. Where were all those people who told her she was wasting her time with drama classes in college now? She'd almost told him she loved him but that might have been laying it on too thick. Hopefully it had been enough to keep him from telling David what had happened but it didn't matter either way. Charlie had told her there was no way out of that prenuptial and some of the best divorce lawyers in the city agreed. Still it would be nice to see the look of complete shock on his face when she served him with the divorce papers and told him she knew all about him and his "business trips."

That first night she knew she'd seen Magnum somewhere before. She refused to call him John anymore because it was no more his real name than Magnum was. It wasn't until she was sat at the computer that it came to her. Her husband has used his investigative agency to track down fraud before. A few days before leaving he'd left their website open on her computer and that had triggered her memories. The question became why was he following her now? Suddenly she was forced to look at her failing marriage in a whole new light and was ready for a little investigating of her own.

Once she knew what she was looking for it was easy to see. David was so clumsy in his efforts to hide what he was doing that she felt stupid for not realizing what was happening years ago. That stupid son of a bitch even paid for hotel and dinners for him and his mistress on a credit card they shared. True she never used it, but her name was on the account too. David and his addiction to his precious fucking air miles. The thought of it made her laugh out loud. He wouldn't buy a loaf of bread without using that card. She couldn't wait to tell him that was how she'd found out for sure.

There they were on the statements. A business trip to Florida but a visit to a hotel upstate, a conference in Chicago but a romantic dinner for two at a swanky restaurant downtown, a trip out to Montana to see his sick uncle but flowers from a local florist. Flowers! When was the last time he'd brought her flowers? Maybe some of the trips were real but she'd been able to match enough incriminating purchases with dates in the diary she kept to know he'd been cheating on her for the past two years. She'd only checked through two years of credit card statements but that was enough. It would have hurt even more to know exactly when it started.

Despite the lack of passion in their marriage she hadn't stopped loving him until she realized he'd sent someone to spy on her. Even the cheating she might have been willing to try and overcome but the thought of him thinking she'd stoop to his level sickened her. That entire first week she had no idea what to do. It was the support of friends like Charlie and Barb and her sister's family that helped calm her down. She'd told them all about David's cheating already and they were ready to help her through whatever came next. In the end, she'd decided there was no better revenge than fucking the man he'd sent to spy on her. The fact that his spy was handsome and a gifted lover was an added bonus. It was one more surprise she hoped she'd get to deliver herself.

At first she'd felt almost sorry for David. Carly had never loved anyone as much as she loved him and it was a sobering thought to think she might never feel that way again. Initially she was going to demand just the house and let him get away with rest but two weeks of fuming anger had hardened her heart. She was going to take everything the prenuptial guaranteed her which was half of his share in the company. In the beginning David had three partners and it was them who had insisted on the prenuptial to protect their interests. They all had one with their wives too. Over the years David had bought them out one by one, but the prenuptial remained clear; she was entitled to half his share. She was going to have every last bit of it less whatever his half of the house was worth. Carly didn't think his business would survive it but David had no one to blame but himself. If he'd worked half as hard on his business and their marriage as he did on his affair then he wouldn't be in this mess.

***

Took me a while to write this one with a complete computer crash thrown in the middle and trouble with my new PC too. I kept rewriting different sections to hint at what was happening without being too obvious. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone had figured it out before the end and what might have given it away. Certainly if you go back and read it a second time knowing what Carly knew from the beginning it gives a whole different feel to the story and certain things should stand out as obvious clues. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it if you made it this far.