All Comments on 'A Tomboy and a Femme Enter a Bar'

by Sapphic_Sabra

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Once again, you create a scene so easily visualized — an interesting way/setting for the two characters to resolve/dissolve their relationship. The dialogue and lines of reflection almost perfect. I say almost because for me the explicit reference to ENM was unnecessary; seemed a bit clinical. Still loved this piece. You may have created Sarah as a foil, I get that — like very much what you are doing with the pieces/storylines so far, but a fully believable, 3-dimensional foil she is. Yes, you’ve caricatured her a bit, but in this short piece she becomes just as intriguing as the uniquely interesting women she encounters (Alex, Kim, Sanchez), a testimony to your ability to develop characters that resonate. OK, I should stop over thinking, but that is part of the fun in reading good erotic fiction.

lexdw32lexdw32over 1 year ago

The scenes that you portray are very East to fall into.

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

Wow! This is sad. I feel sorry for Sara, cutting her losses and leaving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Feels incomplete.

Sapphic_SabraSapphic_Sabraover 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous--indeed, Sara and Alex's story is incomplete. I was just thinking about writing more between them...though am not sure if I'll do pre- or post- break-up.

Fandeboris-It is very sad for Sara, but ultimately leads her to new adventures...admittedly with women she hasn't connected with as much...yet. ;-)

Lexdw32--Thank you very much! :-D

Migbird--I actually wrote this one for you. You commented after Sweet Release (the Sanchez story) about wanting more background. Thanks for the encouragement! I've also been toying with the idea of writing a scene between Alex and another femme...why should Sara have all the action? (Hmmm...maybe so I can write a diverse cast of butches!) ;-) Curious how you would have handled the ENM disclosure differently. Feel free to post a suggestion here or message me with your recommendation. I'm a new writer and appreciate input.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Did not see your response to my comment on this piece until I revisited/re-read a couple of days ago. Enjoy engaging with authors who write pieces that resonate, so I emailed you, but apparently you did not receive (?). Would enjoy engaging about ENM and story/characters in general. Like your creativity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous