All Comments on 'A Wife's Dark Talent'

by John_Vandermeer

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AardieAardie12 months ago

He will be less than human now. Get out now. His wife is an evil monster that does not like men, even her husband.

John_VandermeerJohn_Vandermeer12 months agoAuthor

Well... Jaime certainly likes toying with men. Teasing, humiliating, denying them. And I think she thinks Henry wants that from her too. She just thinks he is not willing to admit it yet.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The husband is why out of his league. He only has two Choices, one divorce her ASAP or two fully except that she will be or already is your dominant Superior Mistress wife and there will be no going back. She will fuck you the rest your life..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I gave it 5 stars. The concept is very exciting and you write very well. I’ve started and stopped reading this story twice because pages 1 & 2 led me to believe it wasn’t engaging. I get the importance of background and character development but personally I think if you condensed both pages into 2-3 paragraphs your ratings would improve. Thanks for sharing.

MikePaulWritesMikePaulWrites10 months ago

Five stars for the development of the story, but four stars for grammar and editing.

mattenwmattenw10 months ago

Why would he want to be married to this woman? She's a selfish complacent slut and nothing more. His intellect is miles above her. And if he divorces her, he'll get plenty of alimony from her. So let's get out of this morbid marriage!

LI KerwellLI Kerwell9 months ago

By far the most creative conceptualization I’ve read in a very long while. The story is fantastic and I’ll be going to the next chapter shortly. I disagree that it was too wordy at the start. Rather, I’d suggest you were struggling to articulate Henry’s hidden desire to be dominated with the fear that his wife would find out or he might be forced to share her with others. Regardless, it’s a difficult conflict to draft.

Once the story got moving however, WOW! That evolved quickly! I’d suggest quite naturally though.

I’d say Jaime must have been a method actor in school!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Yeah, this is pretty terrible.

BullwipBullwip6 months ago

I immediately became immersed in this tale, and although it be but late and I'm very tired, I will read another chapter. I like your style and the careful reveal of your characters as you develop the plot. My only criticism is in the editing. Some of the prose is awkward in some places, even jarring, interrupting the flow as you read through. This impacts the build up of tension and can redirect the reader out of the story entirely.

I fully understand how in being excited to get your work out in public you willingly forego having a fresh pair of eyes look it over and catch what your natural blinders prevent you from quickly spotting. As writers we are all guilty of this from time to time- especially in the pieces that we most enjoy writing.

In work as fine as this, editorial mistakes really stand out. Consider working with an editor if you are not already.

~Bullwip (5 stars)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJohn_Vandermeer@John_Vandermeer
Classy, seductive, wicked women. And the men who lust after them. Contemporary femdom relationships. That is what I write about. These women may be their target's very own wife. Or the forbidden wife of another man. They may be their targets very own mother, sister or daught...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES