Ah... Honey, We Have to Talk Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He trailed off and I wondered what that meant. I said nothing, letting him process it all. He seemed to be thinking about something.

"Wow! That was..." he took a deep breath then kissed me. "It was special."

What girl doesn't want to hear that. But I had a feeling it was something else. Do I press him for it now? I mean we barely knew each other. But I am a curious bitch at times and cant' help but pick a scab.

"Why do I have a feeling you are not talking about me...us," I asked.

"No Leila. Don't take it wrong. This was about us. About you. You drew me out in the end. I could feel you wanting me, and I let go. You know...to cum."

"Has this been a problem in the past?" I asked in curiosity.

He lay back looking at the ceiling. His hand caressing my wet thigh. I think a combination of his and my juices from when he pulled out. His cock and my pussy were a sloppy wet mess. A pleasant sex smelling mess.

"Kind of," he replied. "Some women loved it using me as their walking dildo. Some complained that I took too long. And a few took it personally."

"You're kidding!" I said turning to look at him. I thought I struck a gold mine and those bitches had complained?

"Part of life I guess right?" he said trying to make light of it. But I could tell there was some pain somewhere in there.

"Well, I love it Mister. You can do this...all of it to me any time."

He turned his gaze at me with a nervous smile.

"Deal."

We fell asleep and managed to get up in time to check out and get back to base to change for morning PT. We kissed as we left the motel having decided to not show affection on base. But my mind was on Jake as I filed out for PT formation. Good thing it was not my turn to lead calisthenics as was customary for sergeants in our unit. My mind was still on Jake.

I caught a glimpse of him and his team as they took off for their morning run. I could have sworn he turned and looked at me with a slight grin.

"Who did he smile at?" One of the females in our formation asked.

"He can smile at me all he wants," another female soldier replied, which brought laughter in the ranks.

I just smiled knowing that just a few hours ago, Jake had been with me. He had smiled at me. And for the life of me, I felt like a teenage girl again; happy that her stud boyfriend looked at her. I shook my head trying to think straight.

"One date. One date!' I said to myself inwardly. 'You have been with him just one night. Get a hold of yourself woman.'

During our run, my body felt on fire. The night's exercise had tired me, and I struggled for a while. Still, I focused and got myself in the zone as I do in unit runs by focusing on the pace and the cadence calls.

"Moma, moma, can't you see? What the Army's done to me?" I heard the sergeant's cadence which we all repeated after him while running.

As we ran and sang along, the glow of sunrise came to the horizon and I wondered where Jake was right then. It surprised me because I had never felt that way with anyone for quite some time. No. Correction. I had never felt that way for anyone before. Sure I had boyfriends before and gotten attached to a few. But nothing like this. I was consumed with thoughts of this man.

Man. That was the difference. Jake was not a boy. Nor was he an older man who was a teacher as well as lover. I did not know it then as my mind was clouded with early relationship feelings, but there had been something missing in my life. A special person that we all need. And in the deep recesses of my mind, Jake had awakened that need and was beginning to fill it. Not just with his wonderful cock and smile and demeanor. It was deeper.

The rest of the week was a nightly repeat of the first night. Then that Thursday, Jake and his unit were doing CQB (close quarters battle) drills and it ran all night. He sent me a text to let me know.

Jake: Running training drills. I won't be able to make it tonight. Rain check?

Me: Funny, that's what I had planned for us. CQB my style.

I tried to be funny and relaxed about it. But holy hell. I was disappointed and even wondered if he was with someone else. Where was that coming from! I snapped my head to clear such thoughts. We had just met. I had no claim on him if he was with someone else. Why was I feeling this way?

Jake: I like your drills much better Leila. I am sorry about this, but it's part of what we do."

It was true and I knew it having been on Delta support staff. In fact I had gone to watch a CQB drill once when our support staff had been invited by the C O. Jake had not been in the unit then and I was still learning what Delta was, so I had been impressed by the precision and repetition as they strove to reduce their time of breach, entry and clearing of the simulated target. In that case it had been a bus with bad guys and hostages inside.

I could just imagine the scene over at the practice area as Jake and his team went over and over a similar exercise. That they were working on it late in the evening meant one thing. They were having problems making the mission times work and had to run it over and over and possibly change the plan to make it work. The last thing Jake needed was his new girlfriend giving him grief about him having to do his job.

Job. Wrong way to think it. Other people have "jobs." The military, especially the fighting part of it, has missions and faces death when they conduct them. The difference between success and failure was the ability of the soldiers to focus on the task at hand. Not to be worried about wives, girlfriends and children that moment. That could get the soldier and his team killed.

Me: You make sure you get it right soldier. I replied. You and I can CQB on our own time. Mission first. Right?

There was a slight pause where I stared at my phone and then it beeped as he replied.

Jake: Thanks for understanding. I appreciate that. See you tomorrow?

Me: Try and stop me from stalking your ass. I'm a ninja.

Jake: Ha! You are dangerous. I have to watch out. Hey hun, I have to go. Hugs.

Hugs! Oh my Gawd, I think I felt my heart skip.

Me: Take care Jake. Kiss.

I didn't receive another text from him for a while. I guess he did go in the zone they all go in to when they train and set thoughts of me aside to get through his mission training. My original plan called for me to dress up and meet him for dinner. That was not to be. Instead I worked a bit late to finish paperwork that had piled up and then took my Beretta to the range and fired off about 100 rounds to stay proficient.

By the time I cleaned my pistol and went back to the armory, it was ten at night. One of my crew was on duty as the Delta guys had signed out their weapons and someone had to be there to receive them when they were finished. I had time to go get something to eat but had missed mess call for dinner. Rats...fast food then.

I was driving to a Wendy's just out of base when I got a text. I pulled over to look at my phone hoping it was from Jake. No. It was Todd.

Todd Do you want to get together?

Me: No Todd. You and I are not doing that again.

Todd: You know you liked it. And Jake is busy at the moment.

That pissed me off.

Me: Get something straight Todd. You and I are done. And what I do with Jake or anyone is none of your business. Don't make me block you.

Todd: That you want to keep me on your contacts tells me you and I are not done.

Me: Todd. I am beginning to realize what a mistake it was to start anything with you. Back off.

Todd: You'll be back Leila. See yah.

I started typing a response but thought better of it. Any attention I paid him he saw as a continuation of our past and hope for more in the future. So I blocked him.

Jake and I got together the next night and it was better than before. Somehow the one night break led to a better time together. Later that night, as he slept exhausted I lay next to him draped over his body and listening to his breathing in the dark. It felt good to do that with a man. I had not slept the night through with a man for some time. Not with Todd or anyone else. I didn't know it or want to admit it to myself if I had but I was falling for Jake in less than a week.

The next day we went back to base and fell into our routine. But it all changed around eleven hundred hours. There was commotion as Jake's team was activated and started drawing weapons for a mission. I and my team worked frantically to issue out weapons to each of them. When Jake came in, he looked at me and nodded. I knew then. I knew from the feeling in my gut that I felt something more for him than any man before.

Jake signed out his personal 9 millimeter pistol, his back up 45 caliber colt automatic and then his F N SCAR H. A heavier 7.62 mm round version of the SCAR L firing the lighter 5.56 mm standard round. I didn't have to be told to know that Jake was part of the breach and entry team of his platoon. A sense of dread overcame me as I had an image of him being in harm's way in the next twenty four hours or less. I had never felt that way for anyone before. Definitely not for Todd. But Jake...

"Got a minute?" he asked.

"Sure Sergeant Sloan," I replied using his rank in front of everyone.

We walked outside and stood facing each other.

"Will I see you after we get back?" he asked.

"Just get back safe Jake," I replied with a tense smile. "You and I have a date."

I saw him smile then and he nodded to me as he started to turn away. I watched him walk off, turning once to look back at me. And the bastard winked!

'Asshole' I mouthed back at him and he laughed. When he turned the corner, I went back to work both giddy with excitement and anxiety at his going off on a mission.

I didn't see Jake again for four days. Four long and anxious days. I had a hard time sleeping the first night holding my phone waiting for a text I knew would not come this soon. They had flown out soon after our last conversation. They were probably deploying overseas and would not be back for who knew when. Welcome to the world of a Delta woman.

And just like that, I was no longer just on the support staff of the Unit. I was one of the women who had a man in the game. It's how it started for us. That first time set the tone for Jake deploying and me waiting.

I threw myself at my job thinking it would help. It sort of did, but I still thought of him. That second night, I masturbated just thinking of him. It was some sexual release that let me sleep, but I woke up with a nightmare of him in battle trying to clear a weapon malfunction frantically. It took me a while to get back to sleep.

That third day I decided I had to get myself together. I worked late until I was too tired to do much when I got to bed. For the first time since he left, I crashed and slept straight through. There was nothing I could do for Jake by turning in to a basket case. But Jake was no longer just a passing fancy; it was something I had to accept. I had to face the reality that he had gotten through my defenses and was special to me. I didn't know how long he would be gone, the command staff never let on abut an ongoing mission, but I had to do my job until he returned.

Then out of nowhere, on the fourth day I received a text from Jake.

Jake: Just got back. Miss me?

I closed my eyes and thanked God he was alive.

Me: Who are you again? I replied trying to keep my cool.

Jake: I am a Nigerian Prince who needs some money. Ha!

Me: You're an asshole Jake Sloan. But I'm glad you're back. Are you OK?

Jake: Yeah. All in one piece. Look, we have debriefing to go through. I think I'll be free by nine at night. Do you want to meet at our place?

That was Legends Pub where we had gone our first night.

Me: I'll see you there Jake. Glad you are back. I'll wait for you.

Why had I said, "I'll wait for you?" I never said that to anyone before. What was wrong with me?

I pulled up to Legends and parked. Jake's Red Mitsubishi Evo was not there yet, so I walked in and ordered a drink at the bar. I was about to turn and look at the door to see him when he came in when I felt a hand on my arm.

"Hi Leila," it was Todd! Todd Fucken Manson. What was he doing there?

I stared at his hand on my arm and pulled away.

"Now, now," he said with a smirk. "Is that a way to treat a guy just back from..."

"You can go back where you came from Todd," I cut him off. "I'm expecting someone...I'm expecting Jake any minute. So scram."

"Why do you need him for when I'm here," he replied snidely.

Then I saw Jake come in and froze. Coming into the bar right behind him was Jenny, his redheaded girlfriend. They walked right up to me and Todd at the bar. I was stunned not knowing what all this meant.

"Hi Leila," he said, but I was too stunned to answer. I just nodded.

"Hi," Jenny said and came to stand next to Todd placing her hand on his shoulder. "I see you kept Todd entertained until I could get here."

Jenny and Todd! Seriously? I looked at Jake who smirked and then broke into a slight grin raising his shoulders in a "don't look at me," motion. That broke the tension and I exhaled in relief.

While Jenny leaned to hug and kiss Todd, I jumped up and fell into Jakes arms. Thoughts of the other two now vanished in my mind.

"I missed you," I whispered to him. "Take me away from here Jake. Please take me away."

He looked at me intently and nodded. We didn't say a word to Todd and Jenny as we walked out hand in hand.

I think I heard Todd say snidely to Jenny, "was it something we said?"

"I'm starving," Jake said we got to the parking lot. "Can we go grab something? We can come back for your ride."

"Where too?" I asked.

"There's a small place nearby. They make a good burger and fries. Is that OK?"

In thirty minutes we had arrived, gotten a table and ordered.

"I thought a lot about you," he said a bit nervously.

My heart skipped a beat and I reached to touch his hand on the table. That warm sensation came back to me.

"Me too Jake," I replied. "I..."

He looked at me with anticipation waiting for me to finish what I had started to say.

"I had a nightmare that your SCAR jammed," I said as I let a tear run down my cheek. How had this man gotten to my heart so quickly? I felt like I had known him for years, yet it was less than two weeks. "I worried about you,"

He smiled shaking his head.

"The SCAR was just fine," he said. "In fact no one had any problems with the weapons. Your team does a great job maintaining and servicing them Leila. You should be commended..."

"Oh shut up," I said wiping my tear. "I am so glad you are back in one piece."

He was stunned and stared back at me. I could tell from his lips moving in indecision that he was thinking of what to say. I didn't give him the chance.

"Come sit next to me Jake," I said and scooted over on my side of the booth.

Jake did not need to be told twice. He was around in a flash and we melted into each other's arms. He kissed me and I kissed him back without having to say a word.

"Mommy they are kissing," I heard a little girl say from the table across from us. A couple of people even clapped.

Jake pulled back and we smiled at the other customers smiling at us. When everyone looked away Jake looked back at me. He was about to say something when our food arrived, and the waitress got us situated. The moment was gone as we ate, but not the good feeling I had sitting next to Jake. He was back and all in one piece and I was happier than a stockbroker counting her commission.

We chatted about the food and he asked how I had passed the time.

"Don't ask," I replied. "I missed you. I mean we haven't known each other long, but I feel good being here with you. You being with me."

He nodded and finally spoke.

"I thought I was alone in this," he said. "I thought about you a lot."

"You did!" I said all giddy like a schoolgirl.

Jake leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. There was something about the way he did that made me gush and feel warm all over.

"Eat your food girl," he said and smiled at me.

It's been years since and I still remember that day and that kiss. I remember how we giggled and laughed at silly things and fed each other fries like idiots. I remember us driving back to pick up my jeep and head to our motel. I remember us walking to the door and kissing again as he lifted me up.

An hour or so later we lay next to each other exhausted from our love making. I don't know what I was thinking and if I was, but I blurted it out.

"I don't want to hide you and I being together," I said.

"Good," he replied. "Because I want you all to myself."

"Are you sure Jake? You want us to be exclusive?"

He smiled and pulled me to him.

"Is that so bad?" he replied.

"No Jake. Its good. It's very good."

We didn't say I love you to each other, that night. But we did that weekend when we went away to the coast. We were sitting on the beach looking up at the stars listening to the surf crash on the sand when Jake pulled me close. We kissed and one of us said it first. I don't remember who, and to this day we argue about it. It doesn't really matter. But we both knew and felt good to say it. That weekend is etched in my mind. It comes to me in bits and pieces. Walks on the beach hand in hand. Eating lunch at a park. Kissing in the rain. And making love while he kissed me and worked his way in me.

We came back energized and full of life. We spent every minute of our free time together. Before long everyone knew we were together as a couple. We met for lunch at the mess hall and went out every evening. We tried line dancing making fools of ourselves. He took me parachuting. I was scared, but he calmed my fears and helped me through it. We both loved shooting, so we were at the civilian range with our private firearms. We talked a lot.

It was those talks that brought us together. We were not carbon copies of each other; thank God. We came from different backgrounds and families, but both from the Midwest. Me from just north of Cincinnati. Him from Indianapolis. We talked of our families, parents and siblings. His younger sister and my older brother and sister. And we talked of our hopes and dreams in life. Of having the opportunity to travel someday far away.

"So Leila," he said one day as we sat in a coffee shop. "How many children will we have?"

Woa! Kids?

"Don't we have to be married for that?"

"You would have to say yes," he replied.

"You would have to ask Jake," I said staring at him in shock. "Are you?"

"Depends," he replied with a smirk. I wanted to smack him for teasing me with something so important.

"Depends on what?" I almost yelled.

"On what I asked you," he replied leaning in and holding his hand up to stop me from interrupting. "See Leila. I want to have children. I want to have children with you. For you to have my children. So I need to know you are interested in that or else what is the point of asking you to marry me?"

That was not the answer I expected. But as I thought about it, it made sense. If you want children, why bother asking a woman who doesn't want any to marry you?

"Yes Jake, I want children. I don't know how many, but I do."

I said that looking right into his eyes leaving the ball in his court. I still could not believe the conversation we were having. Jake had just proposed or had he? I needed an answer. He nodded and smiled.

"I better get you a ring then," he replied. "Want to go pick one up?"

"Right now?" I asked incredulously.

"Yeah, there's a jewelry store not far from here," he replied fiddling with his cup. "But we're on a budget. I only have two grand in the bank. That's it."