Ah... Honey, We Have to Talk Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So with that knowledge, I decided to wait for Randy's story. But I did call him after Jake said he was coming.

"Hi Dad," I said when he picked up.

"Hi Leila," he replied. "How's the Midwest?"

"Its not the same without you guys," I replied.

"Well," he said seeming to gather his thoughts. "I guess I owe you a talk when you get back this way. I'm sorry for keeping mum when I did but my lawyers wanted it that way."

"When you are ready Dad," I replied. "Does Nancy know everything?"

"No hun. No one knows everything. Everyone has their side to the story and sadly I had my hand in our marriage going south as much as Angie did. But I'm trying to move on just as I am sure she is."

We chatted some more and ended the call with me having a lot to think about.

Jake's plane just landed, and we are waiting for him. We'll let you know what happened. The monster between my legs is about to be fed. I managed to make it through. It wasn't easy, but I did.

Oh! There he is!

"Jake...Jake! Over here!"

-----------------------------------------------

OK, so this was one day in the life of Jake and Leila with flashbacks and some future hints. I'm sure some of you hate it and some of you love it. I can't wait for the Anonymous comments calling me names. But I don't mind so long as you read the story.

Todd Fucken Manson. We are not done with him. He is based on a guy I knew in the army who I grew to detest. He is mild in this story compared to the real one. But I plan to have him get worse in a different piece down the road. And for him to get his burn that he deserves.

On Angie's rant about cheating by withholding sex. I am of the opinion that if a husband or wife does that to their spouse they are as bad or worse than cheaters. If you marry a person, you agree to be their everything and everyone. If they are to be faithful to you, YOU must put out when they need you. I get it, not when you are sick. But holding out and then expecting the spouse to stay true to you is a shitty thing to do and selfish. You are no better than a cheater because you have cheated your spouse out of the love and affection you promised them when you married them. If you are one of these people...OWN IT! You are at fault.

--------------------------------------

Main characters:

Jake Sloan - special forces soldier returning home

Leila Sloan - Jake's wife

Jenny Manson - Jake's girlfriend before Leila

Todd "Fucken" Manson - Jake's fellow Delta force member

Angie Sloan - Jake's mother

Randy Sloan - Jake's father

Joanna - Jake, Angie and Randy's neighbor in Indiana; now Randy's lover

Bruce - Angie's man-friend who drove her SUV back.

Charlie - Joanna's ex-husband and Angie's lover in Indiana

Nancy Sloan - Jake's sister

Randy and Lana - Jake and Leila's twins.

Lana - Leila's mother.

Gordon - Leila's father.

  • COMMENTS
41 Comments
DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducah2 months ago

I think this was an interesting look at the effects of separation on romantic relationships. In the case of Jake’s parents, it’s more like the question of the chicken or the egg. Did the deterioration of their affections begin with the husband’s prolonged absences and loss of interest or his wife’s decision to look outside of the marriage for attention? Once that dynamic begins, it tends to feed on itself. As far as Jake and his wife, their relationship illustrates the enormous pressure placed on fidelity by military life. Lengthy separation due to deployment resulting in a much higher divorce rate is one more sacrifice made by servicemen and women and their spouses.

The cost to you and to society by serving your country can be brutally high.

I think that Jake’s mother’s decision to seek sex without intimacy is questionable. Her attitude toward relationships is very aggressive, bordering on hostile. Once her bloom fades, she faces a dwindling number of willing partners, and without love, or at least an intimate connection, risks both at the end. She better learn how to fake it.

On a personal note, I enjoyed this series but it feels to me there are some unresolved issues. Do you have interest in continuing? I wouldn’t mind seeing the predator Todd face some reckoning or some more definite resolution between Jake and his finely tuned spouse. She reminds me of an F1 race car. Thank you for an entertaining and thought provoking story.

h2osh2os3 months ago

Bummer no ending. that sucks.

Thor2530Thor25305 months ago

Very good story, and well told. Could have added a bit more color about FayetteNam, Ft. Bragg, and that we'll lit complex on Longstreet, but that's not really a criticsm, just an old retired Army guy reminiscing.

Buster2UBuster2U6 months ago

Two chapters, 2 whole chapters wanting to know what happened! It is still 5 stars, a fascinating take on the military life that our heroes have to endure. Thanks for the Great Effort. thanks, Buster2U

xhunter4uxhunter4u7 months ago

All Leila needed to do is tell Esmie that Todd kept coming around to her residence hitting on her when her husband was deployed and Todd's career would have been over. Other than that this was a terrific story.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Requital He caught her cheating; she thinks he's overreacting.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
Fool Me Once Fool him twice? He won't let that happen.in Loving Wives
More Stories