Amanda and Jeff Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jeff was conflicted on what to do. He had to leave the gym as it would be closing soon. He didn't want to go home. He finished getting dressed. He decided to take himself out for his birthday. They could all stew a bit longer as he put his phone in airplane mode. He packed up his belongings and headed out.

It was about ten o'clock when he got home. Amanda was up waiting for him; she was a nervous wreck.

"Where have you been? You didn't reply to my texts or calls? You had me worried." Amanda complained.

"I decided to celebrate my birthday at the gym; afterward, I took myself out for dinner. You should have been worried when you and your friends were disrespecting me on my birthday, in my own home," he snapped back.

"I didn't plan it to go down that way; things just started and then got out of control; I thought it was too late to stop," she explained.

"You should have listened to me when I said I didn't want a party," he yelled.

"Your friends wanted to celebrate with you," she answered.

"They aren't my friends. Friends would never treat a friend that way. Hell, a loving spouse wouldn't treat their spouse that way," Jeff answered. "I want to make it clear to you; I am not in this as a lifestyle. These people are my coworkers, my on-film collaborators; they are not my friends. If you fail to recognize the difference between real life and fantasy, then we are finished as a couple."

"Are you threatening me with divorce?" Amanda whispered as she started breaking out in tears.

"Promising, not threatening. I think I've put up with enough shit already. I don't think a divorce would be any more humiliating than what I've gone through already," Jeff said quietly.

"You couldn't live without me," Amanda sobbed.

"It's the other way around. I've already been living without you. You've taken advantage of my doing everything for you while you toss me the crumbs. Try and get along without me," Jeff said as he headed to the guest bedroom. He locked the privacy lock before he undressed for bed.

Amanda sat on the sofa, crying. She couldn't fault Jeff for feeling the way he did. She didn't do too much for him. He tried to take them away for Valentine's, and she screwed that up. She insisted on a birthday party that he didn't want and that went off the rails and made things worse. She didn't know how to bring things to a balance. Jeff was right; he could live without her. She was afraid that she wouldn't be able to live without him; he practically took care of everything in their lives. She went off to bed; she wasn't surprised that Jeff camped out in the guest room.