An Improbable Series of Quickies Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A few minutes into the flight there was an incredibly loud bang.

Some people screamed and then the stewardess standing next to me disappeared through a hole in the floor. There was a roaring sound and the oxygen masks fell, I looked where the stewardess had been and there was nothing. The plane began to shake and there was a crunching, grinding sound, wind was whipping through the cabin then the front of the plane seemed to dip away in front of me as I fell backwards.... then everything went quiet.

I woke up... I don't know how long after. I was on the ground and all around me was burning debris, wreckage and... bodies! I stood up and surveyed the scene, it was utter carnage! I'd never seen a dead body before, but close by there were several. I looked down at my hands and arms, not a scratch! There was a strong wind whipping up the flames, but I couldn't feel it, suddenly I saw motion... someone walking out of the wreckage... the smoke obscured my vision... I called out, "Hello?" The figure came closer and the wind flushed the smoke away... Rachel! "Oh my god, Rachel, I didn't know you were on my flight!" As she approached she held out a hand, I took it in mine and then hugged her close. "Rachel, I'm so glad to see you!"

"We parted and her gorgeous eyes stared into mine, "It's time."

"I don't understand, time for what?"

"Come with me, I'll guide you."

I looked down and, for the first time, saw the mangled remains of my body. I felt no fear, Rachel was with me. "Are you an Angel?"

She smiled, "No Paul, I'm your Guide. I've been with you from the moment you were conceived, but you can only see me when you pass."

I was confused, "But I saw you in the airport, we..."

"I broke the Golden Rule to let you see me."

"Why did you do that?"

"Because you were so unhappy and I wanted your last days to be good, to let you feel truly alive."

"Did you make all of that happen?"

"No, you did. You found a new meaning of life and you were kind and confident, you made it all happen.

Movement to my left caught my eye, the shattered remains of my travel bag lay a short distance away and the wind whipped at the contents. The neatly folded lingerie was being flung into the air like cards off a deck, one by one they flew away. I turned to look at Rachel. "What will happen to you because you broke the Rule?"

"I'll never be able to be a Guide again." She looked sad.

"Does that mean you can stay with me?"

She looked up at me with hope in her eyes, "Do you want me to?"

I squeezed her hand, "Oh yes, more than anything, I do. Please stay with me Rachel, forever."

She smiled and I felt complete, "Come on Paul, let me Guide you Home."

Hand in hand we walked slowly into the light.

The End.

-----------------------------

Epilogue

Elaine and Maggie did meet up and quickly became close friends. Shortly after they became lovers. Elaine nursed Maggie through the bad times and when Maggie was well they toured Europe having adventures. Five years after they met they married and two years later Maggie died from her illness. Elaine created a Foundation called Maggie's Trust and devoted the rest of her life to raising awareness of the disease and money for the sufferers.

Felicity managed to re-educate her husband and they remained happily married all their lives.

Aimee, became Global President six years after her promotion, a position she held until she retired. She married and had one daughter, Pauline.

Beth earned her wings and became a US citizen. She received numerous requests to fly commercially, but stayed with Bill although she did take work as a stunt pilot in several movies. When Bill died, he left the company to Beth and Annabelle, Beth was the managing director and Annabelle the commercial director. Beth married one of their mechanics and they had a son, Paul.

Suzie and her husband embraced the swingers' lifestyle for a couple of years (Carl did get to have his way with her), but her husband never got over the fear of losing Suzie. They returned to a monogamous relationship and remained happily married.

Harry was 'spotted' by a movie executive from Pinewood studios. The possibilities of her striking looks were plain to see and she starred in several Sci-Fi and fantasy films. She married her make-up artist, Briony and they lived peacefully together in Switzerland.

Mimi bought new lingerie that evening and shortly after she visited a style consultant. She was so overwhelmed with her transformation, she bought several wigs that she could wear until her hair was long enough to style. Her first day in work with her new look was so revolutionary, no one recognized her and her ID photo had to be retaken. Within a year she was dating and had been promoted. She married a financier who funded her own agency.

I got to see all of them again eventually and all the time Rachel stayed by my side. I was in Heaven.

12