All Comments on 'An Unexpected Reaction'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 1,117 Comments (Page 5)
York1234York1234about 6 years ago
Very good

Great sorry. Little bit sad about Becky but she went too far on her cheating. Once can be forgiven, twice is already over the limit. In my country of origin they say "there is no 2 without a 3", meaning, if something happens two times, it is going to happen a third time. Hope to read more.

York1234York1234about 6 years ago
Previous comment

the first words.....it was meant "Great story"...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great read

Mistakes????? I wouldn't change a word.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This would be a great Movie!

This would be a great Movie! Great story i would leave out the description of the bike thou.lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
do not understand...

...anyone feeling sorry for becky...anyone believe she is not cheating on her current husband is a fool.

Amanda is a true celestial treasure...ahh redheads!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You Are A Prize

One of the very best stories here. Even if you don't write this caliber of story again, you will always have this one. I hope more stories will surface focusing on various characters appearing here. I would like to hear more about Celeste, Sam, Helen, Jack, and some of the bikers. I am thinking Becky will cheat again and pay dearly for it. You do one thing in this story that very few writers have learned to do. You manage to include characters' names in conversations, keeping them fresh on the minds of your readers. I am looking forward to more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Superb

Beautifully written, heartwarming tale of love lost and love found.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
This was the 1st, 5 Stars I ever gave on a Story

I am always over-critical of Stories and Movies, rarely giving them the Highest Rating. But this one was so interesting, it was like 2 stories in 1. I've noticed that a lot of the stories that don't have a bunch of crazy sex (which I do love), tend to be exceptional plots and very well written like this one. I read it the first time a couple of months ago and give it 5 Stars but never wrote a comment. I have read several hundred stories on here and this is just 1 of 2 I have ever given 5 Stars too.

You are a good writer and storyteller. Thank you for your hard work and sharing it with us.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
Alright, it should have been 2 stories

Amanda threatening emasculation and controlling the finances are things I'd keep in mind if I was JC...hmm, yeah. This story has many alternate endings, which I've seen here. One is the two women, uh, and then it can get into weird I guess. But this is a conventional and acceptable ending.

The character of Becky is just really sad, and...hilariously ironic. She said she would leave her husband for him. Well, shit! I'd feel like a stepping stone if I was JC. She didn't learn a thing.

The story says to listen to your gut when it comes to love, like he reflected on when Becky lied about being out. I totally agree with that sentiment. Actually in those cases it seems that the worst thing you can do is think. Going with the gut to never talk to her again would have saved him a spot of trouble. But, I disagree with it for a rule of thumb when it comes to violence.

This story isn't 5 stars, mainly because I think I didn't even read the last page. It could have used some work...but it's better than 4 stars. I know, my valuation is of utmost importance...lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Oh, no! Really! One Complete Story or Two, Who Cares?

It was a very good "complete" story. Not like some that drone on, and on, and on with no real ending. You left it at a good place if you really cared to continue with the story of, Amanda, Jace, family and friends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent!!!

You're a great writer... This story doesn't belong on a basically porn site... The attention to detail, the way your story weaved in and out and resolved is what great writers are made of. Your imagination and attention to detail us impressive. Very well done!! Congratulations!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

I loved this story, there needs to be a part two so we can see how they are doing and to see what the sister is doing. Please write part two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The smell of testosterone makes me giddy.

A well-written story of wounded pride, machismo and the joys of a Pyrrhic victory followed by a well written story of sensitivity, tenderness and compromise.

I can't quite believe that the bitter, testosterone driven, destructive maniac of the first story could morph so easily into the sensitive protector of the second.

Two very good stories glued into one that doesn't quite make sense.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
RESONSE TO THE COMMENT LEFT BY THE OVEREDUCATED MANHATER Anonymous 03/31/18

Testosterone had diddlyshit to do with it, stupid. It was her BETRAYAL of him and his trust in her... PLAIN and SIMPLE. You fucking knowitall Liberals are the first to cry FOUL when someone shits on YOUR parade but you dictate that, because he's a man of honor and principle that he has no right to NOT COMPROMISE his code and principles? My best advice to you and to every asswipe who thinks like you is to go fuck yourself. Lowes has a sale on wire brushes. Buy and use one of those to get the dried Liberal scum off and out of yourself. You fuckfaces are too stupid to mentally put yourself in the situation that you're trying to dictate the story's character should accept.... leaving himself open to ANOTHER of her cheating escapades that he might not discover for five or ten years. Ignorant motherfuckers like you don't deserve to be using up oxygen. What you DO deserve is the solid impact of a steel-toed boot in the teeth, with daily repeat applications because I choose that you should accept them. (same logic as you dumb motherfuckers dictating that the guy in this story should take the cheating whore back. ... A whore who may have already cheated with other men and who would have KEPT cheating, if she hadn't been CAUGHT. She, like YOU, was too fucking stupid to get the message the first time he dumped her.

No matter what asswipe Anonymous 03/31/18 (with all the vociferous baffle 'em with bullshit wording) thinks of it, I think this is a first class story and that's why I gave it 5 *s.

l_bentonl_bentonabout 6 years ago
wonderfully great

thank you first for not making this a two part story. couldn't have handled it. the first part was sad, i had a lot of empathy for Becky, but i know she got what she deserved. Amanda or Baby doll was awesome as well. but my heart went for Amanda's sister Chelsie. thank you for all your time and sharing your story.

l_benton@yahoo.com . .

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 6 years ago
Started Off Somewhat Bitter, but Atained Total Remption in the Second Half.

I almost gave up and stopped reading this wonderful story,but one Jace moved and you introduced the spunky little redhead Amanda, I couldn’t put it down. Once again you have proven to me at least, that you should be writing novels. Great job, please keep writing.

Woodbgood

argeelogargeelogabout 6 years ago
Satisfying

Your writing is excellent; detailed, good characterization, and well done dialog. Thank you for taking us through trial and tribulation while coming out at the other end with a happy ending. Nice for a change on this site. I really hate cockold stories and was glad this wasn't one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The best!

This is the kind of story that I look for on this site. Sharp, intelligent writing, excellent imagination and plot development. Most importantly, realistic - unlike the majority of stories here. Well done, and thank you.

l_bentonl_bentonabout 6 years ago
great story one small error

great story thank you for sharing.

one small mistake. Jace's name came from his sister....

Jace's mother always wanted a daughter.. and no mention of his sister at the wedding.

please don't take it as an incelt the story was absulutly great. i have red it a dozen times.

l_benton75@yahoo.com

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 6 years ago
Great story

Well done, as I've come to expect from you.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 6 years ago
Another Favourite.

The only criticism I have (apart from the sporadic errors) was that, as you said, this should have been two chapters. It read as two very different chapters in Jace's life but I honestly couldn't tell you where one finished and the other began. I think the first chapter needed an ending, something to hint at hope but still round out the obvious tension of the first half of the story. Then the second half could have climbed it's peak knowing it was a new, fresh chapter. In addition, the initial scene didn't dovetail with any part of the story, I would have expected a callback to that scene somewhere but didn't notice anything. In the back of my mind I kept thinking where that scene fit in the timeline when I realised that the story had already gone past it and it threw me a little.

Still, it's a good tale and I love a happy ending every once in a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Long winded POC

Piece of Crap

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful writing...

...and a great story!

cordialddcordialddabout 6 years ago
longwinded POC...?

Getting lost in the wrong story is understandable. Staying lost is your own fault.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 stars

nice story .

too bad the whore didnt crash and burn hard .

YvesmiYvesmialmost 6 years ago
Nice

Nice story, nicely written. I did not like the way you describe the lead character. Much too paternalistic for my liking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not erotica, but a good story

This is not what I expected from literotica, but I liked the story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

I wasn't planning on reading this again, clicked on it, and wanted to reread the bar scene with his ex-friends and got roped in! I do have a mild continuity question - did that happen before or after the business folded?

@Witton 01/02/17 Re: "I beg to differ" - Yes, it's a well-worn path, the value of a story depends on the sights you see along that path, and this story delivers in spades!

As to why he didn't introduce Becky as his ex-wife, that was to dis her. Amanda knew full well who Becky was, Jace wasn't hiding their prior relationship.

I somewhat question the "It's a boy!" I think he would have been told she was pregnant long before she could know the sex.

I want to SLIGHTLY modify by criticism of Amanda's threat, though I do still think it was out of line. His refusal of Becky's come on followed this line:

"I heard a sharp intake of breath behind me as I gently removed her hand."

So he knew Amanda was behind him, so while I believe that everything he said was sincere, a case COULD be made that it was said for Amanda's benefit. I still think her threat was excessive, especially coupled with something he had no control over.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Yes there were a few minor errors but, overall this was an excellent 5*+ story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Entertaining

Overall, pretty good story. I found it captivating. I only gave it 3 stars because it wasn’t a Literotica story. Needed a little more erotic detail.

But. I really couldn’t stop reading it. The errors were an issue when I first started to read it, but the story kept me engaged. So I guess that’s not an issue.

Good read. I would read another if it had more steam.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 6 years ago
Stil Magnificent!

This is at least two Literotica stories in content and is as good as anything I've ever read on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Need practice

Usually a good story is obscured by misspellings and typos. That didn't happen here. But there were things that needed more explaining, or were not explained at all. Some other things that just didn't seem to make much sence. But you muddle through it because basically it's a good story. The 'sunshine and lollypops' ending just doesn't make it very plausible.

l_bentonl_bentonalmost 6 years ago
one of the best

I Loved the story read it more than half dozen times. still having a hard time with how he got his name, his sister gave it to him, unable to say JC correctly. but his mother always wanted a daughter, in fact she mentioned that twice. once at his wedding, other time after Amanda's graduation, wen his friends and mother were each taking Chelsie every other weekend and she was hardly ever home.

that's my only critical issue. but I will still read it again.

leeben

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What a Story!!

Oh my gosh! What a fanstatic story. Well written and it was an attention holder. Great story writer. Please continue to share your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed this ,excellently told .Thanks for sharing with us

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Dogs

"You still don't get it, do you? There's plenty of emotion inside me. It's emotion, not intelligence, that makes us human. All animals think at some level, but who besides humans feel love, hate, desire? Not any other specie. I've just gotten better at controlling them."

flarebel2327flarebel2327almost 6 years ago
alcohol

Amanda didn't like alcohol but developed a taste for wine. well wine has alcohol in it other wise a great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The hero

is arrogant self-important prick; he didn't deserve Becky; good riddance for Becky.

patilliepatilliealmost 6 years ago
Didnt like this on the second reading

just didnt get me fully emotionally involved. Main character a little creepy during the early courtship with Amanda, I mean spanking her over a car hood? AFter the childhood she had? And he was a little unforgiving in his ways, which kinda wore on me as I continued reading. His anger at Becky was well justified, but then he kinda continued with that personality in the second half, just assuming getting on one knee for a bargirl as a joke was funny, without knowing her background, well just not sign of a self aware person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Arrogant, Self-Centered

Of all the people in this story with problems, the main character was crippled from the beginning with his arrogant, self-righteous demands. I kept waiting for the story to turn toward his recognition of his flaws.

Any capable person would have avoided him. I agree, Becky may have hangups, but is better off without him around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ignore the naysayers

Jace was your character to develop and you did a great job. Good and not so good traits are in all of us. All of your characters were were developed nicely, even the minor ones. Great story line too. Keep writing! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It's 02:27 in the morning

A good story!!!

Konahrik7784Konahrik7784almost 6 years ago
Amazing

This is one of the very best stores I've read on this site. keep up the great work my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Miscategorized but glad i found it

Great story, which should have been labelled Romance. Fortunately it was listed as "similar" story to a recent Romance story. I rarely look at the LW category, as that rarely has anything but "hot wives", swinging, cuckolds and the like. Definitely not my taste

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
4.8

Nice balance between the start and end.

Wow!

StangStar06StangStar06over 5 years ago
Absolutely Friggin' Loved It!

This story had everything. Awesome job. A great read. I especially loved the redhead, the Mustang and the meeting with the ex at the end. I gave it the max score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story

You handled the cheating by Becky very well especially after experiencing prelude before you got married. The fact that all her friends were condoning the fact she was stepping out on you Jace, but I wondered though If you had payed a little more attention to what Becky was doing when she was working and being aware of actions

before it got out hand, instead of burying your self with work all the time maybe that situation could have been avoided or at least put a scare into her before it had gone to far. I also think that that Greg fellow who probably instigated the whole thing by seducing your Becky, I think you should have sent his wife a wake up call to beware of her husbands infidelity with your wife Becky would have been appropriate. Also I think giving Greg a bit of a warning when he was not expecting that you already new of the cheating by cornering him when he leased expecting it even if it was a kick to his balls would have let him know that his seducing your wife would have also been appropriate. In the end you got the best woman in the world who really loved you and would not have allowed any one break that love because she could be a tough nasty bitch and would have fought for her man come hell or high water. Poor Becky

would have a real fight on her hands if she tried to get Jace back from Amanda. I know Amanda would have kicked her ass real good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A well written story

One of my favorites. Great story line that flowed nicely.

forsure798285forsure798285over 5 years ago
Read three times probably read 2-3 times more

My measure of how great a story or book is how many times I read the book/author. You re in there with Ken Follett, Tom Clancy, Michael Chrchton and David Halberstam. Your introduction to the story grabs the reader and never let's go. Couple that with the steady introduction of colorful (albet damaged) characters and their redemption makes this a must read.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great

As it's scores indicate, one of the very best stories ever posted in LW. A true classic. My first time reading, but won't be the last.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@ Anon 3/31/18

You're single, aren't you?

SMH...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Corrections

This is the umpteenth time I've read this story and it will always be a favourite.

Advice (I write a lot of extremely long-winded technical reports and I've come to relay on 'Spellcheck' to help me get rid of typos & duffed spelling) - you need to try it!

Also I know from your work that you are reading in paragraphs and you brain is telling 'all is good' -whereas? Try reading word by word and then slowly the sentences; ignore your brain and you'll be surprised how many corrections you'll pick up.

5*

VBR

19pvc44

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous 7/4/18...

So, you think that someone who works hard, although somewhat long hours, and won't tolerate his wife fucking other men is arrogant and self-righteous? Wow! Try running your own business (especially in tough times) and try working 8 hour days. He provided a home and whatever she wanted and she figures, along with the cunt Cindy, she can also have a fuck buddy on the side. And you think Jace is the screwed up character.

Try this... Put your hands on both of your ass cheeks and push hard. This should dislodge your head from your asshole and give you a slightly better perspective.

This is one of the top 5 stories on this site. He dumped her without lighting her on fire and built a new, better life. Personally, I would have done a little more to the wife-fucking asshole than ignoring him. With all the information he had on the two cheaters, a copy of the file should have been sent to the assholes wife. Better to cut him off at the knees right away rather than waiting for her to find out on her own. Wasn't he pissed that nobody told him about his wife? Why couldn't he do for the wife what he wished someone would have done for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unbelievable comments...

All those who berated Jace for working hard so Becky could live the lifestyle she so obviously figured she deserved must be high. All he asked for was a wife that wouldn't fuck another guy. Poor baby. She initially complained about his working so much and even had Cindy start in on him until he explained that everything that was provided to them was because of his company's work. Why is it that the women in these stories think that they deserve not only all the fine things in life but to have their husbands work 2 hours a day (preferably two hours before the women have to get out of bed) and then spend the remainder of their day waiting on them hand and foot. Reality check! You can have money to do anything you want or have your husband home with you. Pick one but you can't have both. Unless you're one of the few who have hit the lottery big time the reality of life is you trade time for money. If you're a woman who can't face this fact, you're in for a bad ride through life. Get a hobby. Volunteer. Find your own nitch in life. But, if you think, like Becky apparently did, that you can have a husband and a fuck toy also doesn't work for any normal man. As far as commenters complating about Jace being unreasonable wanting his wife not to screw other men, get a life. He expects no more than he's willing to give. If she's not willing to live up to her wedding vows she needs to find some pussy wimp who doesn't care if she fucks around on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why do old guys in the loving wives story end up with a 20 something

A old man fantasy if I ever read one. Not believeable at all. Mid life crisis writing.

SophisticateTSophisticateTover 5 years ago
Love This

Outstanding story. Contrast of expectations and results.

rfnks2002rfnks2002over 5 years ago
Outstanding

Wow it was hard to stop reading.

5 stars all the way

Sawdusty1Sawdusty1over 5 years ago
Fantastic story - FIVE STARS !!

Becky is very much leaning towards maiming and amputation if it were me. As for "the friends" - friends don't do that to friends. Very interesting story and so realistic. FIVE STARS. Not a trashy read either with 6 hours of moaning and rectal copulation like so many other stories in here. Very enjoyable. What's next???????????????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Mistakes, what misteaks?

1) I never read stories over 5 pages but I started and got hooked really early as it is one of the best stories I have ever had the wonderful opportunity to read.

2) It didn't need to be a 2 part story as I would have stopped at the first 4 page mark.

3) All of the sentences that I read were orderly, complete and demanded a look at the next page. i.e. and including the dotted separation lines, the flow was without fault.

3) I've read several of your other stories over time and consider this one of your best outings.

4) I saw maybe 6 misspells in the entire piece but am smart enough to figure out the gist of what you were saying.

5) Thanks again for a great, wonderful, well meaning, and conclusive story. I wish I could do as well to put together a paragraph of meaningful words as well as you tell a story....

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 5 years ago
I LOVE your SAGAS! :+))

Note: I missed Amanda's high school graduation?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why is she punishing him at the end?

I positively hated the end where Amanda grabbed Jace by the balls as punishment for talking to Becky, despite having heard him turn Becky down and compare Amada favourably.

She had no reason to be unhappy with him and no right to assault him.

It was a nice story until then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Way Too Long

Just Too Long, got. Quite boored. Characters are Pretty shallow, hubby The Saint angel And The wife is Not much better.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Friends Telling

There have been a couple of stories lately about friends telling a friend about a spouse's affair, which made me think if this. I remembered enough that I didn't need to read again, but did look at the end.

I'm still troubled by her threat. Even assuming that his words were at least partially because he heard her behind him, there is still the threat over something that he has no control over, whether Becky is ever in the same room with him.

GillotineGillotineabout 5 years ago
Freakin' masterpiece

1100+ people favouring this story says something...

jneric2691jneric2691about 5 years ago
I agree, this should have been a 2 parter...

But once I started I couldn't stop reading. I had to make this one of my favorite stories! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Dodge

Dodge Dart (the FIAT/ALFA one) never did one eighty even in your dreams, being so good that they gave up trying to sell any. Yer still getting five stars.

TexdomTexdomabout 5 years ago
Stories like this

Stories like this are great, and this one is great. Not all jerk off material, but character development, a plot and an over all good bit of story telling. Please continue to write more like this, and hell 9 pages is not too long - just means there is some meat to it. Good job!!!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 5 years ago
WOW!! Absolutely Great Story

Thank you for such a pleasant story. Very interesting beginning through a nice middle part introducing new characters and finally a very nice and gentle love story. Kudos

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Critic hope helps

Overall liked your story

Becky contradiction. Fond of Gregg?

But

Few other examples as this

Understand we all have flaws etc and development of our character can be well past 21 or whatever age you choose some never develop

But as this is story I like more cut and dried characters at least by end

I like overall as I said and I will read more of your stories

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Great story! 5*****

The first part clearly described how someone loses his entire life when friends cover for a cheater. Then a happy ending is always a welcome read. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Praise

I have read nearly all of the 250 stories, and this is my favorite. I have laughed and cried quite a few times in reading this story. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A God read

I have read it many times and still cannot understand why Becky ruined a very good marriage she proffered her love for him over and over but she still cheated. I guess it was just the thought of having a weekend lover I just couldn't believe she could be that stupid or thought he was that stupid and there Good Friends that covered for her don't get me started on them.

Have you thought about writing a story on Becky's thoughts on why and her Regrets???

Amanda a broken person that came out of it all One Of The Most Loving Caring A Person you could ask for.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Responsibility

There are many interesting stories on Lirotica, and rather than retribution I prefer to read reconciliation types. Speaking about those types, they have a common pattern: cheating, busted, separation(optional) and reconciliation.

After reading all of these cheating stories, and reading many male characters wallowing, I wonder why we haven't come across the most important word: Responsibility !

Let's just say you for some reason do not actually like your spouse. Then will you cheat her ? Of course not ! A person with proper moral values understands this-

Love can be fleeting, responsibility cannot !

Every long term relationship has its highs and lows. But we shouldn't discard our responsibility.

As for why I wrote this long comment which has perhaps less to none connection with the story, make one reason yourself, I just wanted to share this thought.

Lori_the_HoosierLori_the_Hoosieralmost 5 years ago
A wonderfully involving story

Heart-rending, romantic, tragic, all things to all men, almost filmic in its narrative, and a thoroughly absorbing, beautifully crafted story with a completely satisfying conclusion! 5 stars, sir!

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Great read

That was quite the story. As you said it could have been two stories...good read.

Davidj001Davidj001almost 5 years ago
Darn you,,,

You chicken plucker you, you made me all leaky eyed,,,,,, AGAIN!!!

Wish i could change from 4 to 5 stars!!! Please keep writing!

norcal62norcal62almost 5 years ago
Nah. Have to downgrade to a 3, from a 4.

Author put himself into his character and the arrogance doesn't sit well. He still treated people like objects.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Been meaning

I've been meaning to read.this again and tonight is the perfect time. Still one of the very best LW stories ever posted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent

Great story. Superb finish (I don’t dare use the word ‘climax’!). Good humour. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
People only see what they want🙂

His favorite car was a Dodge Dart, which he could never give to his daughter/sister in law so he got her a V6 mustang to keep her from hurting herself.

In other words a mustang was not as fast as his Dodge Dart. How can anyone misinterpret that as anything nice about a ford😊. A V6 mustangs slow and wouldn’t get Celeste in any type of trouble opposed to his Dodge Dart the mustang is slow a heavy also underpowered.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Decent

Decent story,pity the author kept slipping up with timescales,ages and the bar location.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How can she know it's a boy when she's only just having morning sickness?

It wouldn't be until about 14 weeks, well into the 4th trimester that a scan would be able to reasonably accurately differentiate between a male and female fetus, and if she was in the 4th trimester she'd be very obviously showing...

Morning sickness usually manifests right at the beginning of the pregnancy, typically around 20 days after conception occurs, and continues for a few weeks, in extreme cases sometimes well into the second trimester, and is usually gone by 8 weeks (although it can linger for literally half the pregnancy, but if that was the case with Amanda, she would be very visibly pregnant, so why hasn't Jace noticed...?)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really nice

Fantastic little story! Just the right amount of drama and attitude with some sweet loving emotions. Thank you for this little gem.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 5 years ago
Surprised

I'm surprised that Amanda grabbed Jade at the end of the story. She knows how faithful he is, and that there was no need to "guide" him further.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 5 years ago
*Jace

Hit the wrong key...sorry.

JBinGAJBinGAover 4 years ago
Great storytelling! :))

Thank you for a great and captivating tale. IMO, It was a much improved effort by writing it in one submission. Makes it so much easier for the reader to keep things in context . Too many punctuation and spelling errors for this good an offering. You might want to consider using a proof reader. Anyway, Bravo! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The story’s perfect EXCEPT...

Why did Amanda has to squeeze Jace’s balls to the point of almost FAINTING outta pain ?! What was the point of doing that?! He did nothing wrong and she heard him when he blew Becky off and also she already knew that he loves her soo much and would never ever cheat on her.

What really bothered me is how the author made Amanda doing such a thing look like A CUTE reaction of a jealous wife. If the roles were reversed, would the author still consider “a jealous husband who choke his wife to almost fainting” as a cute reaction or would he consider it as an abusive action ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not The First Time I Read This

Story, I was looking for one with a tad of BTB and a happy ending without a RAAC. Don't know if it was just a simple plot device or whether it was a deliberate tweak to StangStar but I laughed at the part about the Dodge Dart being way faster than the slow, little V6 Mustang. I only bitch about little things like typo's and timelines when I don't enjoy the story and in this case they didn't bother me a bit. Seems to me that just about everyone received what they deserved, needed or wanted in the end and it doesn't get much better than that. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A captivating...

...tale with something for every perceptive reader. After his one questionable decision, i.e. marrying Becky in the first place, he was sharp and steady. Amanda was a lovable, admirable character and the plot was nicely rounded out with the appearance of Celeste. I gave it 5 stars...

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Excellent

Very good story, well told.

LwcbyLwcbyover 4 years ago
One of my favorites

Love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too damn long!

And too damn good, so I had to read the whole thing and give it 5 stars! You write stories that make sense, and have characters to care about. You have become one of my favorites, along with blackrandl1958. Keep 'em coming, and thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nice

This story is an example of good writing. The only thing it was too long.

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
Superb Storytelling

That was simply remarkable writing.

tellmeagoodstorytellmeagoodstoryover 4 years ago
Long but absolutely worth it

Great story, Babydoll is a keeper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Beautiful Story

The advice you got from your writer friend was outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed your story. You are a very talented writer and need to expand the scope of your efforts.

TnicollTnicollover 4 years ago
Proud of Myself!

I’m really proud of myself. I made it to the middle of page 5 this time before I gave up on it. Someday I’ll finish it. Just because Qhml1 is such a good writer. But, this story is way too long and rambling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very entertaining story

But it was "two stories for the price of one". You told us a story about his first marriage, his Company and his friends and how they all imploded. Then you told us a completely different story about a man starting a new job, finding a woman and falling in love. Two separate things. Both well played. Thanks for the effort.

5 stars on BOTH stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story!

Q, writes A great story! I read it in one setting. Well written, and you will need to wipe the tears from time to time!

With very little editing I really think you could sell this and make a little money for your story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
you got one thing wrong

Well written! I could make a few technical comments ... but not important.

You got one thing wrong, though. Not critical to your story, but because you get so many things right, I thought I'd mention it,

"All animals think at some level, but who besides humans feel love, hate, desire? Not any other specie. I've just gotten better at controlling them."

I'm not an animal lover. But I've seen animals show profound grief over the death of a mate. I'm not projecting .... I'm recognizing, empathizing. I've seen animals demonstrate fondness, affection, unconditional love. Their thinking is limited, and this precludes certain complexities. But they've got all the emotional depth you could want.

1...34567...12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
9000 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories