An Unmastered Wife's Reawakening

Story Info
A reluctant & shy wife enjoys her first exhibitionist experience.
21.9k words
4.64
98.2k
100
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

An Unmastered Wife's Re-Awakening

A Reluctant & Shy Wife Enjoys her First Exhibitionist Experience.

NOTICE: Copyright © 2021 - This is an original work by EdwardKalb and is protected under copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only submitted at Literotica.com and the Author has not authorized any submission to any other site.

Author's Note: This is the extended version of 'The Beginning' chronicling a man who hoped to coax his reluctant wife to shed her inhibitions to add a much-needed injection of excitement into their stagnated relationship. It is purposefully long to describe the emotions and feelings of this couple. It contains real-life experiences and re-counts actual events of our life. The writer enhanced the story in certain parts.

If you are looking for a quick fuck and suck story, this is not for you. If you do not approve of this lifestyle, I suggest you move on. Finally, all of this work is mine and no one else has permission to use it, reproduce it, or sell it.

This is the beginning of a man and a woman trying to save their marriage.

-----------------------------

As she sat on the edge of the sun lounger, it was undeniable her heartbeat intensified with the thought of it. Susan couldn't believe what she was about to do. She stood still for a moment, frozen scared; feeling like her heart was lodged into her throat. Removing her bikini top on a crowded public beach was once so foreign, particularly for puritanical Americans. Yet here she was, contemplating doing just that.

She was always taught to be modest. She was a former small-town Catholic schoolgirl from a very conservative family. This would be the first time that she would ever expose herself willingly in public.

But surprisingly, something inside her was pushing her to overcome her fears and trepidation. She had admired women who were confident and accepting of their body. And strangely, she wanted to indulge in the thrill of exposing her tits to everyone on this beach - an inexplicable urge to have eyes focused on her body. What was happening to her? Was she actually glad that her husband pushed her into this enigma?

Feeling more than a little self-conscious, she reached behind her back and found the clasp of her bikini top. She felt her hands trembling as she unbuckled it slowly. The moment it was released, the straps over her shoulders came loose and dropped. Susan quickly put her arms across her chest and held the top in place for one last moment.

She looked up. Although some of the men on the beach discretely watched her out of the periphery of their eyes, a few outright stares confirmed her every movement was being scrutinized.

She attempted to hide her nervousness at exposing herself before the entire beach, but was failing miserably. With butterflies in her stomach and her nerves completely frazzled, she debated her next move.

Why did she agree to this? She was never an exhibitionist. And yet, why was she feeling tingles of excitement?

***********

Edward knew he was a very lucky man and he woke up every morning thankful for everything he had - a great job, a nice home, and a wonderful loving family. He had a gorgeous wife that he'd been married to for nearly 25 years, and his wife, Susan, was absolutely the best thing that had ever happened to him.

But after so many years of marriage, their once romantic relationship had lost much of its original luster. They had become almost too 'comfortable' in their relationship and had fallen out of sync with one another.

If you asked either of them if their relationship was good, they would both say "yes" in public and to each other. However, at least from Edward's point of view, that answer would be a lie. Despite their comfortable and loving appearance, there was a much deeper feeling that something was missing. Although sex was regular, it was fairly standard and far from exciting.

Edward felt Susan was taking their relationship for granted. She always had things to do when she got home from work or on weekends; chores, bills, kids stuff, or running errands. On the little downtime she had, she was always tired. She never wanted to leave the kids for a weekend, and the occasional night out with Edward was more routine than romantic; dinner, movie, then home. Their relationship had lost a lot of the passion it once had.

And going out with the guys simply exacerbated the dilemma. Edward's friends talked about sexy date nights and weekends away without kids that resulted in racy and erotic adventures with their wives. He felt he was missing something. He was sure Susan felt the same way, but still was accepting of this life.

Certainly the stress of two professional wage earners had taken its toll on their lives, resulting in less and less time for each other. The lust-less and mundane became more common in their relationship. They were stuck in a rut. They were in desperate need of adding some 'spice' to their relationship.

Yet neither Edward nor Susan felt comfortable talking about the subject. In fact Susan did not like to talk about sex at all -- a likely consequence of her upbringing, and Edward did not push her. The result was a wall that had them on opposite sides. And, the unfortunate reality was, with the passion in their relationship waning, Edward began to actually question the longevity of their marriage.

He decided he needed to step up to change things. He did his research, reading articles and books to try to better their relationship and save their marriage. He spoke to divorced people about why their marriages ended. Edward concluded too many people stray from their marriages, not for companionship, but to regain the excitement they once felt.

He did not want them to fall victim to that trap. But their relationship was in indeed in dire need of some excitement. Their marriage needed an injection of 'spice.'

***********

Susan and Edward were having dinner at one of the resort's restaurants after their third day of a five-day getaway at this tropical paradise. For the past several years Edward and Susan had been traveling to the Caribbean once a year to vacation with their children. They had wonderful stays each time. But this time, for the first time, they had planned a trip for just the two of them. No kids.

"You look really nice tonight, sweetheart!" Edward beamed proudly. He had noticed a huge change in his wife during this holiday. Maybe it was the sun, or being away from the kids for the first time in ages. Or maybe it was the frozen tropical drinks that Susan had been consuming liberally. Whatever it was, he noticed that his wife was more playful, more flirtatious, and overall more passionate and loving. The "sexiness" he once saw in his wife returned; and he loved it.

"Thank-you!" Susan smiled.

"It was so nice relaxing and unwinding on the beach today, wasn't it?" Edward asked just as the server brought dessert. He viewed this long-needed holiday as an opportunity not only to get away, relax, and have a nice time in a tropical paradise, but also to re-connect as a couple. And he was pleased that they were on the way to rediscovering the passion for each other.

"It sure was!"

Susan picked up her fork and started on the immense chocolate creation. There was no way she was going to be able to eat even half of this dessert.

"So...have fun looking at those topless women today?" Susan asked teasingly, and out of nowhere.

"What?

"Come on now! You don't think I saw you looking? You think you can hide behind those Wayfarers?" she asked smirking.

Edward did not answer. Of course it had not gone unnoticed that a few women were topless on the beach. But that was not unusual. They had been to this island several times in the past and there were always a few topless women on the beach. The resort was Spanish-owned and attracted clientele from Europe and South America where topless sunbathing was not unusual.

"So, did you?" Susan persisted.

"Ahhh...are we fighting? I mean, is this a trap? I'm not sure how to answer that."

"How about start with honesty!"

Edward paused; he knew one wrong word could ruin the night and perhaps this entire holiday. Truth was, he watched with admiration as a few women doffed their bikini tops and sunbathed topless. And he was jealous of the men who stood proudly next to their confident topless women.

And the reality was, for years Edward had a fantasy of seeing his wife sunbathing topless on a public beach. It really excited him. He suggested it, almost to the point of begging, a couple times in the past. He knew his wife was relatively shy, particularly as it related to her body. Consequently, he was always met with a curt, "No!"

But Edward's fantasy never waned and he persisted, with hope. He hoped his wife would get past her self-deprivation. He hoped that Susan would regain confidence. He hoped his wife would allow herself to be unmastered, free and uncontrolled by moral issues. And he hoped she would shed her inhibitions and re-awaken that sexy, adventurous woman she once was.

He thought this holiday offered the perfect opportunity. But now it appeared his hopes would once again be met with disappointment.

Instead of groveling he decided to take a different approach.

"Well, I admire their confidence."

"Yah, sure...your gawked with open mouth at their confidence!" Susan said mockingly.

"I'm serious! I admire women who are confident enough to pop their tops and not care what other people think. And a confident woman is a sexy woman!"

After a brief pause, Edward decided to go for broke while pulling himself out of whatever potential hole he had dug for himself. "You know, it would seriously turn me on to see you sunbathe topless - and whether you want to admit it or not, you do have a great body."

Susan gave Edward another one of those "yeah right!" kind of looks. This was not the first time he posed this suggestion. But this time, for reasons she did not quite understand, she did not outright dismiss it. And strangely, she felt a small thrill run through her from her husband's compliment and suggestion.

"Really, now. So let me get this straight, if your wife took off her top on the beach, you would think that was sexy?"

"Fuck ya!" Edward responded quickly and without thinking. Was she really thinking about this?

"Is that what you want? You want me to show my tits to other men?" she mocked. "You really wouldn't be jealous that your wife's tits would be exposed for all to see?"

"No! I mean, I would be jealous. But...It's not a sexual thing," he lied and fumbled through his explanation. Of course it was a sexual thing...for him.

"I mean, you have great tits, and you should be proud to show them off," Edward continued, trying to refocus the course of the discussion.

"I should be proud? I'm asking how YOU would feel!"

"Okay, if you want to know the truth, I would absolutely love it! Look Susan, if you haven't noticed our sex life has been in a rut recently. I know we love each other. But when people are married for as long as we have, don't you feel like the passion seems to have gotten 'lost?'

Susan continued looking down at her dessert plate. She knew her husband was right. For the better part of 20 years, she put the kids first and all her time had been overtaken by the stresses of life. She was completely dedicated to their children and would drop everything and do anything for them. Since having kids she simply lacked the energy, or maybe the discipline, to do anything sexy.

She had always considered their sex life to be satisfactory - but gradually and continuously, even she had to admit it had lost its spark and had settled down to be rather routine and, well, boring.

Edward picked up his wife's hands into his and looked her in the eyes. "Okay, I must confess. It's hard to explain and maybe even harder for you to understand, I expect. You are the smartest, kindest, and most beautiful woman I know; and you are an exceptional wife and mother, and I love and appreciate that and all that you do. But the thought of showing off this woman who also happens to be my wife would excite me greatly. And maybe, just maybe you will enjoy it as well. We are in desperate need of adding some spice in our relationship. We need something to re-ignite that passion we once had. And if you remember, I asked you to pop your top on our previous trips."

"But we were with our family! I couldn't chance being seen by one of our kids! That would be so embarrassing."

"Well, we're not here with kids. So..."

"So what?" Susan snapped.

"Well, will you at least consider it?" Edward immediately had wild visions of his wife daringly removing her top. He couldn't help but get a growing thrill from the idea of his wife confidently sunbathing topless, and very turned on at the thought of other folk taking in the sight of her tits.

Susan shook her head giving Edward that familiar dismissive look. Although she loved her husband and knew they were in desperate need of excitement, there was still hesitancy to go along with some of his more extreme suggestions. And she considered exposing her breasts in public to be very extreme. She knew what he wanted, but her conservative upbringing and religious beliefs kept her from exploring the kinkier side of life.

Further, Susan had societal pressures. Magazines, social media, TV were geared to the younger woman. Older, particularly those considered middle-aged (40+) were to conform to a certain expectation. She felt she was just too old. So the internal battle between her insecurities and wanting to please her husband raged on.

"I couldn't do anything like that. I just couldn't -- I'm too old!"

Edward just sat there with that look in his eyes. He had visions of being resigned to a life of the sexual mundane and boredom. He saw all his fantasies slipping away.

"You know I would never force you to do anything you didn't want to do," Edward paused before continuing. "I had just hoped you would allow yourself to explore some things and...just...experience the moment."

Perhaps because she saw the extreme disappointment in her husband's face, or perhaps because she had several glasses of wine, or perhaps because she finally wanted to face her own insecurities, something compelled Susan to utter words that she never thought she would.

"Well, we'll see."

*************

They had been coming to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic since 2002. On their first visit, Edward was pleasantly surprised to see several women sunning without tops on the sun beds; with the braver walking along the beach or swimming in the ocean. The women were of all ages and sizes; most were European or South American, and only a few were American. No doubt a result of the puritanical beliefs imbedded into Americans from an early age.

Although they were with their family, Edward always fantasized about his wife shedding her inhibitions and sunbathing topless -- just one of his many perverse fantasies involving his wife. He had encouraged Susan to participate on numerous occasions, but she always turned him down. And as she got older, Susan had become less and less comfortable showing off her body.

Now approaching his 50th birthday, Edward, like many men, was experiencing symptoms akin to a mild depression -- what some call a 'mid-life crisis.' He started to look back on his life, examined his successes and failures, and scrutinized his relationship...and his marriage. He desperately wanted to try to make up for things he thought he missed in life. And he had a desire for more excitement and thrills.

He loved his wife dearly, but he saw Susan falling further into the trap of what society considered acceptable, or 'normal' for a mature woman, mother, and wife. After raising kids and having been a devoted housewife for nearly 25 years, her thinking and fashion choices had become more and more conservative. Simply, she thought she was too old for 'sexy.'

And as a result, the frustration that was building within their relationship was magnified.

Edward never thought about cheating or even leaving. He had a few opportunities for extra-marital naughtiness, but through all the 'problems,' he remained faithful to his wife and never gave serious consideration to an extra-marital affair. He also believed Susan had similar opportunities.

Edward was desperate to change the trajectory of their relationship. Because he also knew that communication was key to a successful relationship, he had several long, heartfelt, and at times painful and embarrassing conversations with Susan about how to improve their relationship. He explained his 'kink' to her, and how he hoped to see her open up and become the sexy woman he once knew. It was a big step for him to open up to his wife, who had shown a penchant to be judgmental and unforgiving.

In the end, they both agreed that they needed to explore ways to add some excitement, some 'spice' to their relationship.

So for the first time in nearly a decade, Edward planned a holiday without kids. It was late January and this would be their fourth time staying at this up-scale resort in the Caribbean, but the first without kids. This holiday presented the perfect opportunity to reconnect and, perhaps, inject the 'spice' they both knew was desperately needed.

**************

Edward lay in bed, staring at the ceiling, the first to awaken the next morning. He looked over at his wife. She looked beautiful sleeping naked next to him. He thought about the conversation at dinner the night before. They had sex when they returned to their room after dinner. The sex was more passionate, and more intense than usual. He didn't know what happened to stimulate his wife, but he hoped they had turned the page to a new and exciting chapter in their relationship.

After breakfast, they returned to their room to get ready for the beach. He thought this would be a good time to give Susan his surprise. Edward had purchased a new bathing suit for his wife, since he knew Susan would not shop for on her own, in the hopes she would shed her conservative style suits she typically wore on holiday.

"I got you something," Edward said nervously handing his wife a small box. "I hope you find it as exciting as I do!"

As Susan unwrapped the little box, her eyes opened in surprise seeing what was inside -- a two-piece hot pink bikini!

"I know you have worn the same style swim suits the last couple years and, well since we are here without kids, I thought it would be great to ditch those outdated one-piece things. You have a fantastic body, so...why not show it off a little?" Edward asked her as he blushed nervously.

Susan blared at Edward in disbelief. "Edward! I can't wear something like this! I'm too old for a bikini!" And it wasn't just the size; she knew if she wore such a thing she would be drawing attention to herself just by how bright the color was.

"And a hot pink bikini? Are you kidding?" Her stare was enough evidence of her shock.

"No, I am not kidding -- I am serious!"

"Look," he continued. "It's time to get rid of those one-piece swimsuits and tankini style suits you wore in the past. They are not only outdated, but they do not you justice. You have a great body and should be proud of it," he told her as she blushed. "You've seen what other women wear. Just try it on. I'm certain that you will look great!" Edward said calmly.

Susan stood silent looking at the small garment. Despite the fact that she kept herself in great shape and her body still turned heads, she remained rather shy by nature.

"Honey, with your body, I am certain you will look great and...I would be proud to be holding hands with you walking on the beach showing you off," he told her sincerely. "We have two full days left on this holiday, nobody knows us, so let's make the most of it."