And What a Time It Was

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's ok, she knows us." she said above the roar and I got even more worried. She stood on a small rise of stones and I took some photos and then joined her, watching the foamy white ocean rush to shore.

"I was talking to her." Kate said, eyes far out to sea. "Thanking her." She crouched down and placed her hands on the stones. "Come on." she said, looking up to me, eyes shining. I crouched with her, our hands touching.

"Thank you, friend." she said as the wind rattled our clothing, "I know you are angry, but we love you." I found it oddly moving and I looked out at the raging white-topped grey moving mass and added my thanks into the howling wind and a wave crashed, the spray rising high and the foam racing to shore, hissing loudly up the stones as they clattered and clinked under the power of it. The water bubbled and then gave a long "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and the final tendrils licked our fingertips, held for a second or two, then retreated with a whoosh, taking a tear or two from each of us.

The wind felt calmer as we walked back, maybe it was just my imagination, or maybe... The sea rattled the beach and we watched her as she undulated far out before releasing another burst to shore, but softer now, the anger diminishing.

The storm kept going, but easing, gusting, periods of calm. Kate screamed into it, her cry filling the bedroom, able to release fully, her cries joining the wind as she shook and trembled and my groans were lost in a strong gust that rattled the windows.

Another gap in the wind and a song rang out, a call, soft, getting louder. Repeating. Kate lifted her head and I did likewise. Through the storm it sang, four notes, then a different four.

"The days are getting longer." I whispered, not wanting to break the spell. "The Song Thrush always starts after the Solstice. Spring is coming."

Another call joined it, loud in the darkness, a break in the storm being filled with more song

"Hello Robin." Kate whispered.

"I was going to say that." I said, looking down at just such a bird and Kate laughed and wiggled her bottom as she lifted her hips, ready for me and we merged beautifully again, like the birdsongs outside.