Beachside Escape

Story Info
A stay at the beach with friends helps Jaye unwind.
33.5k words
4.69
5.1k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jaye was in her room packing a bag when her friend and housemate Kelly appeared in the doorway.

"Why are you taking such a large bag? We're only going to be there for the weekend."

Jaye looked at her bag, it didn't seem that big to her. She turned to Kelly, "I know. I'm only packing a few different outfit options. I also need some space for the other things I'm bringing."

Kelly shook her head but for once didn't argue. Normally the petite blonde wouldn't let something go this easily but it seemed she had other things on her mind. "The important thing is that you've packed a swimsuit."

Reaching into her bag, Jaye pulled out her swimsuit and held it up, letting it unroll for Kelly to see. From her expression it was clear that Kelly was far from impressed.

"Why did you pack a one piece? It's not even a sexy one piece."

It was true that it wasn't particularly sexy but Jaye felt the need to defend it. "It's great for swimming."

Kelly rolled her eyes. "Who cares about that? We're going to spend the weekend at a fancy house right by the beach. We've spent all winter and spring eating right and working really hard to get into shape for summer, you HAVE to show off all your hard work."

While both Kelly and Jaye had already been in reasonably good shape, their office jobs and lazy weekends were beginning to take a toll. After summer last year, Kelly had persuaded Jaye that they needed to make a change and they both committed to a plan to get them 'beach ready' for next summer. Their diet and exercise regime had paid off and they were now the most fit and toned they had been in their lives.

Jaye wasn't swayed by Kelly's argument that this meant she needed a more revealing swimsuit. She was proud of how her body looked but that didn't mean she wanted to draw attention to it. "Everyone will still be able to see my figure in this one piece."

"That's not the point I was making. While seeing yourself in great shape boosts your self-confidence, having guys not being able to stop themselves from checking you out is a confidence boost on another level."

"Guys? Are we expecting there to be a lot of guys there or are you just talking about Casey, Leo and Brendan?"

Kelly shrugged. "There's bound to be other guys around but even if there isn't the Guys will be fun to show off to."

Jaye still wasn't sold on the idea. Kelly however, wasn't going to let this issue slide.

"You're not taking that swimsuit. I'm not going to let you miss out on this opportunity. Where are your other swimsuits?"

"I don't have any other swimsuits."

Kelly glared at Jaye, her gaze then shifted down to Jaye's chest. "And I don't have a spare suit that your boobs would fit in."

She sighed in exasperation. "Fine. Pack that 'thing'. Just don't think I'm going to let you off this easily." With a slightly dramatic turn Kelly left Jaye to her packing.

Relatively early the next morning Jaye and Kelly were up and about, getting ready to go and gathering anything else they might need. For the drive to the beach house Jaye was dressed casually with some loose fitting shorts, a t-shirt and a pair of sneakers. Her shoulder length brown hair was up in a simple ponytail. Kelly had chosen to put more effort in her appearance. She was wearing a short summer dress that showed off a lot of leg, paired with some low heeled sandals. It was clear she didn't have a bra on but with her modest bust Kelly could get away with it. With her honey blonde hair that went down to between her shoulder blades Kelly would definitely catch a few eyes.

When they were close to being ready Kelly received a message. After checking her phone she looked at Jaye. "That was Brendan, he should be here fairly shortly."

"Wait, so is Brendan the one driving us there?"

"Yeah. He's closer to us than Casey is. Casey will be picking up Monica and Selena, Leo will probably go with Casey too. Did you want to ride in Casey's Mustang?"

"No thanks. I'm happy to go with Brendan, there's a lot more space in his car plus he's a far more sensible driver."

Once they were both ready Jaye and Kelly brought their bags out to the living room to wait for Brendan's arrival. Jaye saw that Kelly's bag was about half the size of hers and became curious. She thought that Kelly had been joking last night when she had asked why Jaye's bag was so big.

"How is your bag so small? Do you really have everything you need?"

"Of course. I've got a couple of other dresses, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, my bikini, some panties and my toiletries. What else could I need?"

Jaye was having a difficult time believing that Kelly could fit everything she needed in her bag but didn't push the issue. She would find out what Kelly had packed eventually.

It wasn't long before Kelly received another message on her phone telling her that Brendan had arrived and was waiting out front. Kelly looked toward Jaye with a wide smile,"It's time to get this weekend started."

Outside they found Brendan waiting by his car. He appeared to be a lot more dressed up in comparison with Jaye and Kelly even though he was only wearing some loose chinos, sneakers and a short sleeve button up shirt.

On seeing them Brendan gave a small wave. When Jaye and Kelly got closer he took off his sunglasses and gave them an appreciative look. "Good morning, you're both looking great." His gaze lingered a little longer on Kelly. "That's a really nice dress."

Kelly let out a pleased laugh. "Thanks. You're looking somewhat overdressed though, shouldn't you at least be wearing shorts?"

Brendan chuckled and shook his head. "You'll get to see my legs when we go to the beach and then you'll be thankful that I kept them out of sight for a bit longer."

He looked at the bags they were carrying. "It might be better to bring your bags inside the car, we're going to need to save the trunk space for groceries and alcohol."

That statement got Kelly grinning, "Did you get stuck with doing all the shopping?"

"Most of it. Leo refused to let me buy any meat, he's scared that I would be cheap and get something inedible." He smiled in amusement. "They'll probably pick up a couple of other things but I imagine the Mustang is going to be pretty cramped already."

Jaye laughed and then made a sympathetic expression. "I feel sorry for Monica and Selena but I'm happy that you're taking us there."

Brendan looked pleased to hear that, he gestured to the bags they were carrying. "Do you have anything else to bring?"

As everything Jaye and Kelly were bringing was already with them, they all got into Brendan's car. Kelly took the front passenger seat, leaving Jaye with a lot of space in the backseat even with their bags.

The drive up to the coast was relaxed. It was mainly Kelly and Jaye talking, with Brendan occasionally contributing but he was mostly focused on driving.

They arrived at the beachside town closest to the beach house around an hour before noon. It was a fairly affluent area and the town centre had everything a well to do person could need to be comfortable. Alongside the grocery stores, coffee shops, bakery and restaurants there were nail and hair salons, boutique clothing stores and even a golf shop.

Brendan was able to find a parking spot close to the main street. After turning off the engine he took out his phone, checked it and then turned to look at Jaye and Kelly. "There's a fair bit to get. It will probably be best if both of you come with me. Is that okay?"

Neither Jaye and Kelly had a problem with helping out so they both agreed immediately. Their first stop was to the liquor store. While they would only be there for the weekend, there were seven of them and that amounted to a good amount of alcohol. They bought a couple cases of beer, some hard seltzer, vodka, tequila, white rum and a few bottles of wine.

After that they went to the grocery store where they bought most of their food and drink for the weekend as well as some bottles of water and bags of ice. Brendan's foresight regarding keeping the trunk space free turned out to be correct.

When Brendan finished loading the last of their supplies in the trunk of his car he turned to Jaye and Kelly. "Do we need anything else while we're here?"

Jaye shook her head, while Kelly thought for a moment, she then looked toward Jaye and grinned.

"Actually yes. We need to get Jaye a swimsuit."

Jaye frowned deeply. "I don't need a new swimsuit."

"Yeah you do." Kelly turned back to Brendan. "We're not going until Jaye gets a new swimsuit. Got it?"

He smiled and nodded. "Got it."

Jaye was a little shocked at how quickly he had accepted Kelly's instructions. "What the hell Brendan! You're just going to do what she says?"

He shrugged. "I'm not going to argue with her."

Kelly grinned triumphantly. "So it's settled. Come on, let's go find you a swimsuit." She grabbed Jaye's arm and began to pull her along.

Brendan leaned back against his car. "Please try to not take too long."

"Don't worry this should be fairly quick, you're coming with us though. We'll need a male opinion."

Jaye was about to protest but decided to save her breath. There was no way she would be able to change Kelly's mind. She could only hope to influence what kind of swimsuit she ended up with. Acquiescing to Kelly's will, Jaye let herself be led with Brendan following behind them, a carefully neutral expression on his face.

They found themselves at a beachwear store next door to a bakery/coffee shop. When they entered they were greeted by the shop assistant, when she asked if she could help with anything Kelly asked about the range of bikinis that were available.

After being pointed toward a section of the store Kelly took Jaye over to the racks of bikinis. Brendan stayed in the middle of the store, hovering awkwardly around a display of sandals and flip flops. After taking a quick look at the items on the rack Kelly turned to Jaye. "You can pick a couple of swimsuits and I'll pick a couple too. You will be getting a bikini though."

Jaye nodded. It wasn't like she was opposed to bikinis, she just didn't think she needed one. Since they were in the store she was willing to get a new swimsuit. She just wasn't going to let Kelly push her into get something too revealing.

After a few minutes Jaye had found some matching bikini tops and bottoms in her size that she quite liked the look of. Jaye turned to Kelly and watched as she finished picking out another bikini set. As Jaye had expected, Kelly's choices looked like they were definitely more on the revealing side. Kelly turned to face her and held out the bikinis she had chosen. Jaye took them and held them up for inspection. Kelly gave her an amused smile.

"Why are you wasting time looking at them? Go try them on."

Caught by surprise by Kelly's authoritative tone Jaye didn't think to reply that trying them on would be a waste of time. As she walked by the shop assistant she held up the bikinis.

"I'd like to try these on please."

The shop assistant smiled and nodded before pointing to two curtained booths at the rear of the store.

"Sure. The changing rooms are just over there. If you're trying on the bikini bottoms please keep your underwear on."

"Yes, of course. Thanks."

Inside the changing booth Jaye felt some trepidation about modelling the bikinis for Kelly and Brendan. She wondered what her hang up was, it shouldn't be a big deal, after all she would be wearing one of the swimsuits in front of her other friends and other people on the beach. She thought it might be the fact that she was still wearing her panties. Even though her underwear covered more than a swimsuit did it was the context, her underwear wasn't meant to be shown. Plus it was going to look ridiculous wearing more revealing swimsuits on top of her underwear. Unfortunately, Kelly wasn't going to let her get away with not showing how the bikinis looked on her. With a resigned sigh Jaye stripped down to her panties and picked up one of the bikinis.

The first bikini was one she had picked, it was a quite modest looking functional bikini for swimming or surfing. The top only showed a bit of the upper part of her chest and the bottoms almost completely covered her underwear. Jaye knew that Kelly wasn't going to approve of this choice but it would serve the purpose of setting a boundary. Kelly would be more willing to accept Jaye's other choice on the basis that it wasn't as overly modest as this one.

When she left the changing booth she was immediately confronted by Kelly standing nearby with Brendan next to her on one side and the Shop assistant on her other side. Before Jaye could even say anything Kelly was shaking her head.

"No. It might be a bikini but it misses the point of what we're here for."

The Shop assistant actually nodded her head in agreement. Jaye didn't know how to take that, she turned her attention to Brendan. He seemed to like how she looked. Seeing that she was looking at him, Brendan smiled.

"It is a little plain but you look good in it."

Kelly was instantly dismissive. "Of course she does but imagine how good she would look in a better bikini." She then pointed back toward the changing booth. "Let's see the next one."

Back in the changing booth Jaye chose the next swimsuit to try on. This time it was one of Kelly's picks, it wasn't obscenely revealing but it was a clear contrast to the previous bikini.

The top was a strapless number with half cups to hold her breasts, if she leaned forward everyone would get an impressive view of her breasts. The bottoms were a lot briefer than the previous bikini, without her underwear on about half of her butt would have been exposed. Due to the top Jaye was absolutely opposed to this bikini, it felt like any movement faster than a walk would cause her boobs to pop free.

Thinking about how Brendan had reacted to the sight of her in the previous bikini, Jaye took a moment to critically inspect her figure. She could understand Kelly's insistence that she get a bikini, her exposed midriff did look good with her flat stomach and slim waist. Jaye then shifted her attention to her breasts. They were a good size, around a generous handful and very perky. Despite the feeling that the top she was trying on could slip at any moment, Jaye admired how it showed off her breasts, giving them a little lift and making them seem even fuller than they actually were.

Leaving the changing booth Jaye was met by the intent gazes of Kelly, Brendan and the Shop assistant. Upon seeing the bikini Jaye was wearing, Kelly smiled broadly.

"That's more like it. Don't you think she looks a lot better in this bikini Brendan?"

He nodded and then realised he should say something. "She does, she looks amazing."

His eyes never left Jaye which she took as a compliment. It also made her feel a little more comfortable with the modelling she was doing.

Kelly turned to the Shop assistant. "What's your opinion Naomi?"

Naomi gave Jaye a considered look. "Can you turn for me please?"

Jaye did a slow spin and when she was facing the 'judging panel' again she saw Naomi nodding.

"She certainly has the bust to fill out the top. The bottoms look good but aren't anything spectacular." Naomi's eyes met Jaye's. "How does the top feel?"

While she could appreciate that she looked good wearing it, Jaye still felt that its cover of her breasts was too precarious to be comfortable. "Like I could end up flashing my tits to everyone at any moment. This isn't the top for me."

No one tried to convince her otherwise so Jaye went back inside the changing room. The next bikini was Kelly's other choice, it was a fairly regular triangle bikini top and matching bottoms. The top was large enough to cover most of her breasts, leaving a good amount of cleavage and some sideboob on display. The bottoms were the briefest of all the bikini choices. The front side was a little too low cut for Jaye but fully covered her pubic area, the sides were thin straps and the back of the bikini covered maybe the top third of her ass. With her panties on, what would have been a revealing view of her pert ass was instead a strange sight consisting of the thin strip of material that would have been hidden between the cheeks of her ass sitting right in the middle of her panties.

Studying her reflection Jaye conceded that she looked really good in the bikini, maybe even hot. The problem was that she didn't think she could wear something like it out in public. Even in the confines of the store she was hesitant to show herself off. Though that was partially due to feeling silly from the way the bikini bottoms looked on top of her panties.

Wanting to get the modelling of this bikini over with, Jaye practically burst through the changing booth curtain. Without any prompting Jaye presented herself and did a slow turn.

Kelly's eyes narrowed in consideration. "The top looks great on you but I can't really judge the bottoms. They look odd like that."

Naomi shrugged. "It can't be helped. I'm sure it would look good on her without her panties on."

Turning to Brendan, Jaye saw he was smiling. From his expression his smile appeared to be more appreciative than amused. She smiled back at him and cocked her hip to the side.

"What's your verdict Brendan?"

He gave her another up and down look, his gaze lingering a little longer at her breasts. To Jaye's delight Brendan actually started to blush and he looked away for a moment before meeting her gaze again.

"You look really good, like a model. I think that if you get that bikini, a lot of people will have a hard time looking away from you. I know I would." He winced as if regretting saying that last part, he then shrugged. "If that's what you want, that would be a pretty good choice. The only thing that matters is what you think about the bikini."

Brendan's answer gave her a welcome confidence boost. Feeling a bit more self assured, she shifted her gaze to Kelly.

"I get that you think I should be flaunting myself and I'm not opposed to showing some skin but this bikini is a bit too revealing for me."

Kelly nodded. "Okay. I don't think it's all that skimpy but let's see the last bikini before we make any decisions about what you should get."

The last bikini was more modest than the previous two but less covering than the first choice. The top was like a crop top but had a dip between her breasts that showed off the inner slopes of her tits.

The bottoms were like brief short shorts, her ass was mostly covered except for the bottom curves of her butt cheeks. Having tried on more revealing options, Jaye thought that these bottoms were too modest.

When she went and showed everyone the bikini, Kelly and Naomi were generally of the same opinion. The top was fine but they didn't think much of the bottoms. Even Brendan's opinion on them was lukewarm. Naomi offered to pick out some more bikinis for Jaye to try on but Kelly declined. Kelly looked to Jaye.

"So which bikini did you like best?"

For Jaye the only one she was really comfortable with was the bikini she was wearing. "I think this one is the best of the ones we picked out."

Kelly nodded. "I like the top but I don't think the bottoms work well with it. How about one of the pairs of bikini bottoms I picked out?"

"The last pair were too revealing. I didn't mind the other ones."

"So you would be happy to get those bottoms?"

"Yeah. I thought they looked good."

"Good. That's settled. We'll just have to find a pair that matches with that top."

After changing back into her clothes Jaye passed the rejected bikinis to Naomi who took them to the counter for rehanging. Jaye and Kelly then hunted through the bikinis on the rack to find a set of matching tops and bottoms. They eventually found a pair of bottoms that matched the forest green top that Jaye had chosen. Kelly took the bikini pieces from Jaye as they headed to the counter.