Big in Japan Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sergeant Carter and Patrolman Kevin Buchannan were in a shady spot near the edge of the school playground. With them was Patrolman Daunte Wagner, who had been sworn into the TCPD the previous February, after two years with the Southport Police. Like Carter and Buchannan, Wagner was black.

"I gotta say," said Wagner, "the politicians here sure have supported us better than they did in Southport."

"It's even worse in the City." said Sergeant Carter. "Patrol Officers have to get the permission of at least a Division Superintendent to chase a suspect on foot. If some perp ran by here right now, and this was the City, we'd literally have to radio in, and they'd have to get ahold of someone at the Lieutenant Commander or above level just to get permission to chase that suspect."

"Might as well not bother trying." said Buchannan. "I grew up in the City. I feel bad for those guys over there."

Sergeant Carter said "And if we did get permission to chase that suspect and make the arrest, if it were the City the D.A.'s Office would refuse to prosecute, and we'd just have to put the perp on the street again... and get permission to chase him down tomorrow."

"So why are we here, at this school, today?" asked Patrolman Wagner.

Buchannan pointed to the two kids on the equipment, who were among eight total kids. "See those two little girls? They're Commander Troy's kids. The bi-racial one is ADA Patterson's daughter, and she's a potential target. The white girl with the straight bangs? She's already an Auxiliary Detective, and is credited with solving more crimes than all three of us put together."

"Including putting the TCPD on the trail that led to a $400 million drug bust." said Sergeant Carter. (Author's note: 'Schoolhouse Rock'.)

"Wow." said Wagner. "Whoa! What's that?" The other Officers looked, and saw a black man in his late 20s, muscular and bald, sprint from around the side of the school from the street. He was making a beeline for Carole and Tasha!

'Hey, stop!" Buchannan yelled, seeing that the man had a serrated hunting 'Rambo' knife in his hand as he ran. "POLICE! STOP!" Buchannan yelled as he ran, Carter and Wagner running after him... but the distance was going to be too much to make up in time.

Tasha turned and saw the man coming at her, and shrieked loud enough to wake the damned. The man yelled "KILL THE HALFBREED!" as he ran right at her, raising his knife to strike...

To be continued.