All Comments on 'Birthday Surprise'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

A spouse cannot kick other spouse out of the house, period. When will authors learn that basic principle and stop writing stories with that stupid ploy?

Short stories need to have something more than just a simple uninteresting scene.

wheelman53wheelman538 months ago

This is only the beginning of a story

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

Short and to the point. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Such a low score (so far) for so much burn. It's almost like LW doesn't like it when the sexes are reversed. Where's the love for the righteous revenge? For the innocent party?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thank you! I enjoy your stories a lot. :) But is there anyway to do follow-ups? So that we can see what happens next and how things end up? It seems we are often left hanging.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It's like you're trying to win a bet on how many tiny little stories you can foist on this site before the Admins accuse you of plagiarism.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Trite. One of LWs most common tropes, but absolutely nothing about it makes it stand out.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Love the story but you cannot kick a spouse out without a court order. 30 days minimum even in the most optimistic situation. US rules. No idea other countries.

The family court judge will nuke the victims in this story.

Still gave ya 5 for the fun.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

First, I didn't much like the story as there was no background on who these people were, theending was too abrupt and unsatisfying and it was barely a story to begin with. Secondly, in response to Someoneother saying that you can't kick another spouse out of the house, he's wrong. I don't know British Law, but in the USA you can have a spouse removed by the police for a vasriety of reasons such as mental cruelty or alleged abuse and if they are not on the lease or mortgage they can be legally evicted, again, for a variety of reasons. Plus which, if you have a husband that's really mad, any sane woman would WANT to get the hell out of there fearing for her physical safety. She'd need a Court Order to get back in the house or Apt. and then might want to think twice.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nice burn! A well written story that deserves more.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer8 months ago

As "someoneother" stated: a spouse cannot kick out the other from the marital home. Plus, to be legal, the divorce serving MUST be official. Just handing the papers to the other person does not constitute a legal serving. That's why an independent, official server, must serve them. In many cases, photographic evidence of the serving is also taken as additional evidence for the Court.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"This is only the beginning of a story"

,

What more is there to write? Could it have been expanded to include some of why they did it? Maybe., but it has a beginning, a middle, and an end. It's a story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is more of a scene than a story. You need to take the time to actually develop your story instead of rushing to post your first draft.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Good story. That one pretty much had an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another rushed short tale with an unbelievable conclusion: they can't kick out their cheating spouses from their home at their will, it needs a lot of lawyers work before doing that. Instead of writing multiple unfinished tales it would be better to write less, but finished, tales.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Box cake Loving Wives story. You appeared to follow the recipe reasonably well. Good for you. Maybe someday you might want to make one from scratch, you know, your own twist and imagination applied to the standard ingredients. Good luck with it.

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

Short but complete, thank you.

I often enjoy longer stories, including some you have done, but since I'm not the author I certainly won't tell you how long you must make your own efforts, as long each story is comprehensible and has all the necessary elements . Which this one does.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Meh. Three stars.

JPB

IndyOnIndyOn5 months ago

I hope you are considering a part 2? Where is FTDS (Finish the Damn Story) when you need him? *2*

fishgetterfishgetter29 days ago

Now this is a story that is NOT worth spending 1/2 the time it takes to boot up your PC, on. So skip it if you are one who skips to the comments on stories, wish I had. 1* only to make the vote count.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES