All Comments on 'Blaire and Foster - A New Direction Pt. 03'

by Aurora22

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

After reading this chapter in your storyline around Bella and Blaire, I decided to reread the first chapter to remind myself of how they met and those early tentative feelings. Doing so accentuated the poignant feelings so evident now. That first chapter is so heartwarming, so refreshing in contrast to the unsettled, even painful tentativeness both protagonists are experiencing now, and that contrast speaks volumes about your creativity/your ability to create real, believable characters caught up in a real, believable relationship. Curious aside: Why did you post the first part of the Bella-Blaire saga in the Celebrity-Fan Fiction category? Maybe I am missing something obvious — maybe linked to that old school fairy tale you reference in your Biography. In any case, I am captivated by this storyline and our two protagonists.

Aurora22Aurora22about 2 years agoAuthor

If I'm honest, I wrote this as a way to try and re-imagine/ deconstruct a situation that unfortunately happened in my life recently. It started as part of my process to let the situation go since I was having trouble believing I could be abandoned by someone like I had.

I played off of a series on this site called Blair and Foster, and while trying to make sense of my own life, I got kind of upset with how many stories like Blair and Foster exist in the real world, this heterosexual erotic fairy tale. I wanted to challenge the idea that maybe the character Blair, that the author had vividly described, was in fact questioning her adherence to the usual script of society to marry and man and settle down, and was instead questioning her own sexuality. So that's kind of where the idea was birthed. It's why I chosen to classify it as a "Celebrity/Fan Fiction" since I thought it meant any type of fan fiction. Not sure if it is possible to re-classify a published story but I could try to re-group them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAurora22@Aurora22
I've enjoyed some of the content on here and decided to start writing. My passion is to create content that destroys the Mad Men style, old school heteronormative fairy tale that far too many women and men are hoping for. I want people to learn that maybe the sparks in a relat...