Brian's Choice Ch. 05 - Post-mortem

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You'd think that people would like some story every now and then instead of just something else to jack/jill off to, but that's their problem I suppose. It's not like anybody's paying me to write this. So, writers beware! If your story emphasizes plot over porn this could happen to you -- including people not even bothering to comment about it. I encourage you to do it anyway. Write what you love, do it in your style, and if some people don't like it, fuck 'em. But also realize people might not tell you their reasoning for downvoting your story either.

Moving on, the church scene was fun for me to write. Time to pick on the boy when it's not really his fault! Also, for those who don't go to church, it's true, there's a lot of gossip going on in a place that preaches against it. Maybe that's just human nature, but it's still worthy of criticism. Still, it explains how Brian's family was alerted to the Furies, and it let me pick on Brian.

And yes, Susan gets bitchy here too, just like I would, but this time my Muse told me to leave it in. I guess even pacifists can get pissed off now and then. But to frame the immaculate conception as nonconsent...wow, I still question whether that should be in there, and each time my Muse tells me to leave it in. It makes me curious as to whether Mary at least got off on the impregnation, or if Joseph even touched her during the subsequent 9 months. The sex is part of what makes it all worthwhile, but the Bible is quite vague on that point, lol.

Casting cops in a bad light is probably going to cost me some readers, just like politics. But anybody who disagrees hasn't ever been on the receiving end of what cops do. The police as designed are supposed to serve and protect, but as implemented they are not your friends. Ask any defense attorney and they'll tell you just that. Every innocent person forced to plead guilty due to their tactics is a travesty against justice. Every obviously innocent person forced to stand trial is an injustice. And then there are the innocent people who are found guilty due to police and prosecutorial misconduct.

This goes beyond Black Lives Matter; the enforcers have too little supervision and accountability. I thank God for the cops that choose morality over the shit they could be getting away with, but that they can git away with all sorts of shit is still a major problem. Just go to youtube to see what defense attorneys have to say about cops. I dare you. After that, you should get a prepaid legal membership. I'm a member, and by experience I can tell you, once they see your membership card the cops are much less likely to abuse your civil liberties. Also, it might not help you much, when they search your place, at least at first. They call it "being thorough", but they don't exactly help clean up and repair shit they damaged either. But that lawyer can help sue them to cover that cost.

And of course the Furies (what's left of them) have manipulated the cops, who are out to arrest Susan. Another dark aspect of society is the corruption. Whether it's actual corruption this time, or magical manipulation, isn't important, though; what's important is that the system still allows it due to lack of checks on police power. I think this is why the Muse wanted Brian's father to remain a lawyer; without him, she's proverbially fucked and not in a good way.

The fight scene was the hardest bit to write for me. I had a list of requirements (parents live, Susan lives, Brian and triplets die) and just couldn't put it together. So I did what I always do; I set it aside, re-read it every week (revisions continued each time on the rest of it), until finally my Muse and I worked it out. I know others outline or flowchart or whatever to get past such blocks; to each their own. It's also why I do complete stories before posting any chapters. Each revision in one chapter leads to revisions in other chapters; one revision pass reverberates across the entire story, which can cause consistency issues if chapters are already posted. And this story, short as it is (given my record with my previous stories), has gone through dozens of revision passes. Dozens. That's how you get quality. That's how you get art.

I'm going to reiterate that last point; I write complete stories before posting any chapters. This means the next story, where Brian wakes up, and where we get to meet Amy, is coming (so, the entire thing will likely be under incest). But it'll be awhile before chapter 1 is up. Sorry/not sorry; this is how I work. Be patient. Dozens of revision passes. Good things come to those who wait.

Unless you're an editor. My editors, of course, don't have to wait. And I'm actually down an editor right now, and wouldn't mind finding a replacement. So if you want an early peek at what's coming, and want to be part of crafting the story, send me a PM (or whatever it's called now).

The forums are quite helpful for authors. You're more likely to get better feedback from the forums, and you can also learn from looking at the feedback on other stories. You can also get many questions answered here: it's where I went to when I wondered about the placement of Ch00-01 into the incest category (as I said, only the prologue has actual incest in it -- chapter 1 doesn't, but that's still where it ended up). If you do, however, there is one piece of advice I'd like to give up-front: you can put a link to your story (or stories) in the signature area of your posts. I didn't know this at first, but someone pointed this out to me, so I'm forwarding that advice to you.

There's probably some things I've neglected to comment on, but there is one thing I'd like to re-iterate: write what you love, and write it for yourself first. The quality of your work will shine better when you love what you're doing, and writing is as much an exercise in self-exploration as it is self-expression. Don't be afraid to explore.

12