Career Moves

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Was she with you in the hotel?" Sarah asked.

"That why you came out with all that 'be professional' shit?

Don't think I didn't notice the little touches when she was in the go-kart in that stupid little skirt.

What the hell do you see in her anyway? She's little more than a child."

Sarah spat the words as her eyes turned to Angela.

She withered under the gaze and hunted around for her shoes desperate to escape. She could feel tears welling in the corners of her eyes as the full horror ate into her soul. She saw her shoes and snatching them up she shoved past Sarah, deciding she'd rather dress in the toilets.

"Fuck the pair of you." Sarah spat defiantly.

"Angela. Wait." Logan called meekly.

She kept walking. Behind her, Sarah was launching into another tirade.

The first week was painful. Self-recrimination and fear for her future. She certainly hadn't dared return to the job she'd been so desperate to keep and Logan hadn't attempted to call her.

She'd cried herself senseless hidden away at home for two days. Both Mandy and Karen had texted her to ask why she wasn't at work. She ignored both, unsure what they knew. Embarrassed to face them if they'd heard.

By Monday afternoon of the second week, things had changed. Angela was angry. Very angry. Hiding and blaming herself wasn't foremost in her thoughts any longer. Rather she wanted her life back and she wanted Logan crawling to her.

Sure. She'd been the one to make a pass at him. But Logan had taken advantage of her naivety. He'd been the one lying. Now she wanted revenge.

Angela felt the eyes on her as she walked through the outer office. She focused on her target, not acknowledging anyone. Only Sarah spoke.

"What are you doing here? You've some nerve."

"Shut up Sarah."

Angela kept walking, straight to the rear of their open-plan area where Logan had his private office. She didn't care the door was closed, a firm grip on the handle and she walked in, slamming it behind her.

There he was, behind his large desk like the emperor of an empire he didn't know was about to fall. The same desk she'd been sprawled over a week earlier. She wondered if Sarah had been similarly pinned to it at some point.

"I'll call you back."

Logan dropped his cell phone. She could see the fear in his eyes. He didn't look so powerful now. Smaller somehow.

"What do you want?"

"My job.

No." She corrected.

"I'll have a promotion. I want Office Manager."

Logan laughed. "Not a chance.

Look I'm sorry about what happened..."

Angela wasn't interested.

"I'm not. You wanted to fuck every pretty girl that came through here that's fine with me. I'll live with my mistake.

But I have a mortgage to pay so don't think I'm going to walk away..."

"Fine. Keep your job but I've told Sarah she's..."

"Well un-tell her.

Or perhaps you'd like to explain to the rest of the staff and Head Office what you've been up to."

"And you think I can't deny it?

Get out, Angela. Take me to a tribunal if you like. I'll tear you apart. No one will employ you after you're fired for inappropriate sexual approaches."

"And what about your wife?

I doubt you can just lie and carry on as usual there. Two children was it? How will you face them? Sure, they might rally around. But the doubt and distrust will always be there."

Logan hesitated.

"You'll never be trusted. Always the husband trying to make amends.

I've seen you naked Logan. I can describe your body in detail. I know what you do, your little... desires. I'm sure I can describe enough that Mrs Taylor recognises something."

Angela felt stronger. She remembered that she had initiated their liaison. But now she wondered how much she'd been manipulated into it. Her job threatened, the flirting and little brushes of contact. There never had been any redundancies. Just a rumour that had dwindled away right after he'd had the pleasure of her arse in his car.

No matter what she might be, it was Logan who'd planted the seeds. It was Logan who'd readily accepted her offer when he should have turned her away. She was regaining that sense of control she'd thought she had at the start. But now the power was real. Not an illusion.

"I've already given Sarah the job. I can't just take it back."

"What a shame. For you.

Figure it out."

"He doesn't need to. I didn't accept anyway."

Angela turned. She hadn't heard Sarah enter behind her.

"You can have the job. I don't want to work for him."

"Sarah..."

"Fuck off Logan.

You made a fool out of me and Angela. Now she's giving you what for."

For just a split second there was a glimpse of the old friendship in Sarah's eyes towards Angela. She saw it just before it was gone again.

"Suck it up. I'm off."

Angela looked back at Logan. His strength was gone. Now he just appeared a weak man. His voice was subdued when he spoke.

"You've got what you want."

"Yes sir. I have." She said sarcastically.

"Thank you, sir.

Now in the words of Sarah. 'Suck it up' because, for all intents and purposes, I'm your manager now.

You can keep the office and the big chair. But step out of line with me and I make phone calls."

Logan backed away. He didn't feel confident. His 'no strings' arrangement had suddenly become chains. He realised he'd have to accept her sitting there. She was good at her job and certainly, she could step up to this one without a problem. Perhaps if he left her to it she wouldn't wreak his life.

"Fair enough."

"And I'll be filling out my own appraisal next year." She smiled.

Angela turned and started towards the open door. She could see Sarah putting her coat on. She was going that instant. Everyone else was just staring. It wasn't as if they hadn't heard the exchange. Angela didn't give a shit. They could think what they wanted.

She stopped in the doorway and turned back towards Logan.

"One other thing.

Make yourself available when I need you. Friday evenings mainly. You still have other uses."

Logan looked incredulous.

"Are you serious?"

"Completely.

You thought you could fuck me when you wanted. Now it'll be when I want. Exclusive rights so far as this office goes.

And you will be buying me dinner occasionally.

I'm sure it won't be too much of a trial for you."

Angela turned away and headed to the now vacant desk. As of this moment, it was hers.

"My driving lessons start next week by the way." She called back.

Sarah gave Angela one last approving smile and walked out. The rest of the office was staring at her. Angela didn't care. They knew now. So what.

Logan stared at her from his office. Suddenly the lure of sweet youthful flesh didn't seem so attractive. But she had him over a barrel if he wanted his comfortable home life and well-paid job left undisturbed.

The End