Carnal Desire Ch. 18-23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So you made a choice?" It wasn't a question, more of an assumption. Yet I said it with a bitter taste in my mouth.

"Yes. I did. If you would've seen the look in his eyes, you wouldn't be so quick to judge." She spat, her eyes telling me she was growing tired of my judgmental attitude. "Before I knew it, I'm agreeing to help him because I didn't know what else to do. So, I told him the truth. I told him how much I love you and I would do anything to make you happy. We met a few times after that, it was mainly him just telling me how we would communicate without anyone finding out or talking about different ways we could come between you and Sydney.

Then he showed me the pictures of you and her together. At first I couldn't believe it, I fought against it. But seeing the mental images of you and her together made me angry. I was supposed to be your best friend Jordan and you didn't say shit. Not one word! Even after all of the opportunities you had." Her eyes glowing with venomous rage.

"I gave you my reasons." My voice seething with distaste.

"Yeah, but only after I caught the two of you together. Speaking of which, only made things ten times worse. I loved you Jordan, I still love you. And it pains me that it took a fucking psycho stalker to show me just how much in love with you I've always been. I mean, I knew deep below the surface just how in love with you I am, but I was always too ashamed to admit it to myself. Afraid of what it might do to our friendship." Her eyes softening just a fraction as she confessed. Looking away as if she were reliving the moment. 

"So, that's when I came up the idea to break the two of you up." Rage began to pulse through my veins. "I told Drake to send Ms. Vaughn the photos, I wrote the note and dropped it off. Oh, I knew you would be heartbroken over it. I knew it would take time for you to get over her. But I also know you Jordan. I knew it would only be a matter of time before you went back to your same destructive ways. Then all I would need to do is come in and console you, like I always do."

Fury roaring through my mind as her vindictive words settled. "Well, that's fucking rich coming from you." I scoffed. "You've had seven years to figure out how you really feel about me, and you have the audacity to come between me and Sydney!" The building fury within was becoming too much to contain, but no matter how furious I was with Kennedy, I couldn't bring myself to use more than words. "With friends like you, who needs enemies." The both of us staring daggers at each other.

Seeing movement in my peripheral, but neither one of us willing to look away. This was it, the time had come to put this to an end. Kennedy was the first one to break as Sydney came further into the room.

"I just have one last question." I said as I sidestepped towards Sydney. "Was it worth it?" The stunned look on Kennedy's face spoke volumes. Her mouth hung open, unable to answer, she appeared to be torn in her thoughts. As she was about to say something, Drake stood in the doorway, leaving the question unanswered while the three of us turned our attention to Drake.

"Perhaps I can answer that." Drake said with an evil smirk. "I am the one who holds all the cards after all." The evil smirk still there. "I have to admit, when I first approached Ms. Rollands she was just a means to an end. A fly in the ointment as it were." He stated with an off handed gesture. Another devilish grin appearing from ear to ear.

"But when she suggested that her and I work together, I was rather surprised. I thought for sure this young lady wouldnt just betray her best friend so quickly. So you can imagine my skepticism at first, but then as time progressed her devilish tactics intrigued me.

Especially once she confessed to me how much in love with you she's been." He remarked glancing in my direction, a look of distaste crossed his features. "Personally. I don't see the appeal. But to each their own I guess." He said the last part dismissively. "And I have to say, she hasn't failed to disappoint me yet." He smiled adoringly at Kennedy.

"It's been fun watching the two of wiggle and squirm under my thumb. It's been quite the show seeing you both in so much pain to where you feel lost." His condescending tone was fueling my anger with each word he spoke.

"But then again, it couldn't have been too bad for you Jordan. You know, with having a chance to be with Ms. Rolland's. But I guess that's over now. Oh well. You win some, you lose some." Drake's unrelenting arrogance and piss poor confidence was driving me to the edge.

I looked at Sydney, seeing her staring down Drake. The tension of being in the same room with him was mounting as the seconds ticked away. She turned to face me, in that moment we shared a knowing grin.

"You're right about one thing Drake." The evil smirk on his face dropped. "This has been fun."

*****^^^^^*****

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponents fate."

                              -Sun Tzu-

JORDAN

Knowledge is a very powerful thing, knowing when and how to use it is another. If there's one thing I've come to understand in my young life and the experiences I have acquired; it's that arrogance will ultimately be a persons downfall.

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face as I stared down my enemy. A smile in which caught him off guard, as I seeing a flash of incertitude in his eyes. I noticed Kennedy inch her way towards Drake, while Sydney stood her ground, and I kept my attention on Sydney's stalker.

"You know, I really have to hand it you Drake." I said, still soaking in the information I attained. But now it was my turn while doing my best to remain calm, holding back the urge to rip this piece of shit to shreds. "I have to admit, the photographs and the note, a really nice touch." I remarked, with a few mocking light claps to my palm. "Truthfully, it had me going there for a bit. Then hearing from you and Kennedy on becoming allies, did a real number to my psyche I admit. Kudos to you for that by the way.  The person I trusted most in this world, I mean up until I met Sydney of course. But here's the thing, I have a little secret of my own."

I looked to Sydney, who nodded her head, encouraging me to continue. While Drake and Kennedy glanced at each other perplexed. "The thing is you got comfortable watching from afar. Standing in the shadows, every so often making yourself known as if you were relevant. While at the same time thinking you were smarter, thinking you had power. It's funny how a man such as yourself would be arrogant enough to think that. When in reality, you're nothing but a coward." The words hitting him straight at his fragile ego, which made the look in his eyes brim with hostility, a slight scowl formed, and his fists clenched at his sides. 

"Are you familiar with Sun Tzus book, The Art of War?" I continued to look at him, the hostility evermore present as I continued, "Doesn't matter. In the book there's a quote, 'If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles'. Meaning in your case; somewhere along the way you forgot the simplest detail." A look of confusion crossed his face. "You and Sydney used to date and once you royally fucked that up, and started stalking her, ultimately scaring the one person you supposedly love. Which isn't very gentlemanly or even considered an act of true love not by anyone's standards. One of the most important things you forgot is, within the year or so you and Sydney were together she got to know you.

The things that made you happy, the things that made you upset, how you grew up into the so called man you've become. Not only did she get to know you as a person, but she also got to know you as a predator. While you were busy tracking her every move, leaving her on edge for the past four years, without really even realizing it she got to know how you stalked your prey. Which wherein lies your arrogance. Your biggest and most fatal flaw is underestimating her. Then underestimating me." I could tell by the like on both Drake and Kennedy's expression as they both shared a look of bewilderment, neither of them had taken into account this simple but important factor.

"I admit, up until the night of the photos I didn't have the slightest clue what to do. I knew going to the police was going to prove fruitless. There really wasn't much we could do on that front. After the initial panic wore off that night, Sydney and I had a long talk. As painful as it was for her to tell me, she explained in as much detail as she could remember from how you met up until that night. As she was nearing the end I had a thought. Sydney was right, we had to break up. Or at least make it seem like we did. And the only way to make it believable was for me to fall into old habits, not my idea by the way."

Sydney was well aware of how I used to be before she came into my life. Like I said before, there wasn't anything that Sydney didn't know about me up until that point. Granted there are still a few things I need to admit to her but that will come in due time. I digress. I honestly didn't want to even go through with it, being with someone else didn't seem right. But Sydney eventually convinced me that it would be the only way to get Drake to come out of hiding. Deep down I knew she was right, but I still couldn't help to feel like it was wrong. I didn't like the idea of being with someone else, even if it was just kissing.

"But it truly did serve its purpose. Especially, when I just about to give up and say fuck it. Then the day finally came when the tables had turned. And boy was I ecstatic when it did." This was it, the part of mine and Sydneys story where everything would begin to truly unfold.

"The night of Marnie's party is when everything started to fall into place. So, imagine my surprise when I found out my supposed best friend was conspiring with Sydney's stalker. Granted it was a matter of happenstance but still, it was a slip that neither of you could avoid for long.

It wasn't until a few days after the party that I really started to put everything together. I knew you would keep your sights on me and Sydney for the most part. After all, that is what the two of you mostly talked about in a darkened area at the party. Practically gleeful that the two of you succeeded in breaking us apart. Or so you both arrogantly believed." This time it was my time to shoot them a wicked grin of my own.

I directed my attention towards Kennedy, while making sure to be watchful of Drake. "And if that isn't enough of a revelation for you, Sydney's the one who came up with the idea that I should involve myself in a relationship with you. Since that was what you ultimately wanted KD. I was reluctant of course, mainly because I didn't know if I could look you in the eyes without wanting to causing you harm in some way. But the more I thought about it, I thought it was the best course of action, as the old saying goes, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

The evening you came into my room, you fell into the trap just like I knew you would. I know you so well KD. I knew you would eventually get sick and tired of me not talking to you, your curiosity and your so called kindhearted nature would get the best of you. Besides, we both know that you had a job to do. And without anyone knowing, you played your part perfectly. Acting as the caring, loving and understanding girlfriend." The hurt in Kennedys eyes said it all.

Part of me wanted to feel bad, she had been my best friend for the last six years. I told her everything. I confided in her when I couldn't with anyone else and the same could be said for her. Up until now, I thought that everything she said and did was because she was only trying to protect her family. The venom in her voice earlier made it sound like she only did what she had to do to get tear me and Sydney apart, like it was done out of malice.

Not once did it ever occur to me that she actually might have those feelings towards me. But the fact of the matter remains, she did betray me. She betrayed my trust. She knew exactly what she was doing when she wrote that note that would cause my world to turn upside down.

My resolve came quickly, no longer any room for doubt. As if there was ever any choice. Even if there was, this is where I would want it to come to. This all had to end tonight.

"Ultimately, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist throwing a party, especially if it was me. It appears that I'm not the only one who's predictable." I remarked raising an eyebrow in subtle mockery. "You must admit, it does take a certain kind of person to possess such cunning qualities to impose the power of suggestion. Wouldn't you agree?" Both Kennedy and Drake shared another look of confusion.

"Are you familiar with the phrase, Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing?" I asked quirking an eyebrow. "While the both of you were busy trying to plan mine and Sydney's futures for your own selfish gains, I made a phone call to a very dear friend of mine."

Now my full attention was on Drake. "Let's just say that this friend of mine has been able to pinpoint everywhere you have ever been since the very first day you supposedly met Sydney. And I just have to say, what my friend found has been very very disturbing Mr. Drake Webster." I reached into my pants pocket and pulled out a flash drive, waving it around casually in front of me.

Drake looked like a deer caught in headlights as he eyed the flash drive. If I hadn't been staring at him I wouldn't have noticed the panic stricken expression in his eyes, but just as fast as it appeared it was gone. Before I could contemplate his next move, out of what I assume was pure desperation, Drake rushed to Sydney. Grabbing her wrists then pulling her towards him, he spun her around, so she was facing away from him. As he turned her to face me, Sydney's expression was one of terror.

In that moment fear of losing her forever engulfed me. Much to my surprise, he pulled something from the right side of his jacket pocket. The shimmer of the light caught the steel object, causing the knife to glimmer in the well-lit room. For a few grueling seconds all I could do was look on in shock and horror. Silently praying for him not to hurt her.

The way guys like him thought was sick and twisted. If he couldn't have her no one could. His ego, arrogance and pride wouldn't allow it. Guys like him, raised with a silver spoon in their mouths couldn't stand it when others had more to offer. Especially when it came to having things other than money.

Drake raised the knife to Sydney's throat. Sneaking a glance at Kennedy, she seemed just as shocked and surprised as I was. "Drake, what the fuck are you doing? This wasn't part of the plan." 

"Improvising." Drake's anger was getting the better of him. And now his attention solely fixed on me. "Now Jordan, do the right thing. Hand over the flash drive." He tried to come off as gentle and soothing, but it came off as more condescending. I mentally rolled my eyes.

I promised myself that no matter what, I was going to make sure that Sydney would finally be free of him once and for all. "I swear to every God out there, if you hurt her -- "

"Give me the flash drive and I won't have to." He reasoned. "It's your choice." The nerve of this douchebag. As if I'm the one that's holding the knife to her throat.

I would rather he kill me than to have him harm her. Just as long as Sydney was safe. That's all that mattered to me. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to weigh my options. I could only think of one thing that could get us out this in one piece. That thought alone was all it took for me to make my move. Without even really thinking about what I was going to do I tossed him the flash drive.

Three seconds. That's all the time I had to make a difference. To somehow gain the upper hand. Three seconds. That's what it took for me to distract him.

As the flash drive flew through the air, Drake's attention trained on the object. I looked at Sydney who was staring at the flash drive too, "Sydney, get down." As soon as she heard the words, her eyes diverted to me as I took the three quick strides towards both Drake and Sydney. Sydney managed to duck just in time as I spun around able to land a backwards roundhouse kick to the right side of Drake's face causing him to stumble back.

I pulled Sydney up from the ground and guided her back towards where I was standing before. With my attention on Sydney's safety. "It's going to be okay baby. You're going to be okay." My attention on trying to sooth the emerald eyed beauty. Sydney just nodded her head in agreement. I didn't want her to worry anymore.

Sydney's eyes widened in fear. I didn't hear anyone approach me from behind. "Jordan watch out!" Sydney shouted. I didn't have time to turn around. The next thing I felt was a searing pain in my lower right side. Just as fast as the knife cut into me, it was gone.

I turned around only to be faced with Drake seething with anger. In a blind rage, Drake lifted the knife to take a swipe at my face, trying to capitalize on another opportunity. The pain in my side all but forgotten as my adrenaline and instincts began to kick in.

I managed to deflect his attack by grabbing his wrist with my right hand, then kicking him the armpit with my right leg. With my leg still in the air I unleashed another kick but this time it landed across the left side of his face.

With my hand still gripping his wrist, I swiftly maneuver my leg under his right arm, pulling him down so as he is bending forward, while applying pressure to his wrist to keep him from trying to further attack me. I brought my right leg over his right arm, leg bent in the air, giving me the perfect opportunity to land a kick to the top of his left shoulder and with the top part of my foot I'm able to force him down to the ground. I slightly twist his wrist, Drake releases the knife. It drops to the hardwood floor with a thud.

I kick it towards Sydney's direction. I look over and see Kennedy frozen in place. I'm surprised she hasn't moved an inch since the scuffle began. My gaze lands on Drake, who's lying on the floor groaning in pain.

Taking a few strides in Sydneys direction, I pull her into a quick embrace placing a gentle kiss to the top of her head. Relieved that she's safe. It isn't until Sydney wraps her arms around my waist that I feel the pain in my side where I was stabbed.

I take a glance in Kennedy's direction only to find that she's no longer there. Panic sets in. Lord knows what she's going to do. I pulled away from Sydney and hastily searched for her, stepping out of my bedroom doorway with Sydney trailing behind me. But as I do a quick scan, I don't see her anywhere.

I turn my attention to Sydney, who's holding onto my shirt tail. I gently place my hands on each side of her head, so I know that she's paying attention to me. "Sydney, you need to leave now. You know what to do." She nods her head in response, I watch as she quickly rushes down the stairs.

The next thing I feel is a body crashing into mine, sending me into the hallway wall. The impact of his body landing on top of mine knocking all of the air out of my lungs. That's when I feel piercing pain where I was stabbed, it takes a moment for me to realize that I had just been punched. I could feel the wetness of the blood soaking my shirt.

What a fucking pussy. Cheap ass shot. Then another blow hits my stomach, then another to my lower left side, he hits me in my wound again. More blood gushes out. I see him reach back with his left arm, I know he's going to try to hit me in the face. I push his right arm into his stomach as he throws his punch, but as he does I move to my left. He groans in pain as his fist hits the hardwood floor.