All Comments on 'Casting Couch'

by dirtyguys

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So the bimbo didn't want to dance and strip clubs, because she was too moral for that. So she went to a meeting and fucked three guys? Makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

When it comes to lust-driven lapses of judgement, when do they ever make sense? Besides, it's erotic fiction, not a historical novel for Pete's sake.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

FYI, you should just change Mark’s job from Casting Director to either Producer or Director, or head of a studio. The “casting couch” never actually referred to the casting director. It refers to the director or producer—they are the ones who actually choose who gets the job. The casting director only narrows down the options. Note: Harvey Weinstein was the producer, not casting director. He had the power, not a casting director. Also, casting directors weren’t even really a thing yet for the most part in the 1950s because of the studio system. Casting Directors also were often women, though not always —to this day 80% are women. Particularly in the 1950’s, casting directors were very low on the totem pole, their names not even put in the credits and were seen more like secretaries. As the studio system started to break down is when the job started to become a little more prominent and respected.

(Also, there wouldn’t be two other men around. Not sure where they came from. There might be casting assistants, again, likely women.)

I know it’s a story but all the inaccuracies were frustrating. One small change making Mark a producer or studio head and the entire story becomes historically accurate and possible.

dirtyguysdirtyguys4 months agoAuthor

That's really interesting, thank you. Who knew. I was just having some fun writing it off the top of my head. It's not my field.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous