Celeste Pt. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh it was your pleasure," Celeste winked then walked them to the door. He opened it and said, "I'll see you later! Go to the gardens, you like it there! Tashawna loves hanging out with you too!" He gave him a quick wave then went on his way.

In a blink of an eye, he was touching down gracefully by his brother's side.

Lawrence looked over, "Celeste?" He gave him a soft smile. He was currently standing in the middle of a battle ground; Bartholomew was a few feet away walking along the rubble. Lawrence's hands were moving in slow circles coaxing the grasses' roots to awaken once more. He didn't stop his movement when he asked, "What do I owe the pleasure?"

Celeste pursed his lips, "You should have told Connor about Marcus."

Bartholomew's head snapped up at that, "What has he done now?" He practically sneered. Bartholomew really didn't like Marcus.

Lawrence waved his hand at him, trying to project calmness, but it didn't seem to work as the god of war started to stride over to his brothers' side. Lawrence sighed then said to Celeste, "I didn't tell him because it is not an issue. I've made my feelings known. Marcus is no longer a bother."

"Does he know that?" Celeste cocked a brow.

"What the fuck did he do?" Bartholomew roared.

Celeste lifted his hand and placed it on his brother's chest, "Shh shh," he chastised, "nothing serious, but he did make Connor doubt."

"Doubt me?" Lawrence looked upset and he heard Bartholomew's low growl of frustration.

"Yeah..." Celeste looked sympathetic.

Lawrence let out a huff, "Why would..." He sighed, "I can't..." he closed his eyes and took a deep breath trying to quell his growing ire. After a moment he said, "I will speak to Marcus now. Not only is he interfering in my personal business, but it's resulting in me having to address it and taking time away from my duty."

With an angry flourish of his hands, he had left the mortal realm and was standing right outside of Marcus' office, blocked by the open door. His brothers had followed, but before any of them could step forward to announce themselves Marcus could be heard and he sounded angry.

"You're going to die Connor!"

"I am well aware," the human snapped back, "but that doesn't mean you get to stick your nose in it now!"

Celeste's eyes went wide while Bartholomew and Lawrence narrowed their eyes and leaned forward a bit to hear better. Each of them stayed hidden.

Marcus scoffed, "You've been here for a few months and you think you know how this works? We are immortal! You really think he's going to want to touch you when you are a shriveled old husk and no longer virile? What value could you serve any of us?"

Lawrence's body instantly went aflame as anger engulfed him. He took a step forward but Bartholomew grabbed his arm and shook his head. He wanted to see how Connor would handle himself. Lawrence was shaking but he followed his brother's lead. Besides, he would probably tear Marcus' office to the ground if he went in there now.

"Exactly!" Connor let out a little chuckle, "I have only been here for a few months. Must make you feel like shit that I caught Lawrence's eye in such little time when you had millennia!"

Celeste covered his little snort of laughter with his hand and Bartholomew smirked. Lawrence took a deeper breath and realized that Connor did, in fact, have this under control. He was still angry, but had calmed enough to stop thinking about demolishing the god of death's room.

Marcus slammed his hands onto the top of his desk, "You listen here you little--"

"No!" Connor's voice rose as he interrupted the god. He pointed his finger at him, "You stay out of our business!"

"You're nothing but a novelty to him!"

"That may be," Connor said and that made Lawrence frown from behind the door. The human went on, "but he deserves more than that! All you want to do is treat him as a novelty too! You don't give a shit about Lawrence!" He stepped forward, "You don't care about how compassionate he is, or how loyal and honest he is," his volume dropped, it was hard to maintain his anger when speaking so kindly about the person he cared for most, "How seriously he takes his duty and how proud he is of his brothers. You don't know what makes him laugh or what books he likes to read. Have you ever seen the way his eyebrow twitches when he's annoyed or how one corner of his mouth quirks up when he's amused?"

Bartholomew and Celeste glanced over at their brother to see his reaction. They were both smiling softly. Lawrence was standing wide eyed with his lips slightly parted, touched. Never in all of these past eons had he ever felt the way Connor was making him feel now. Never in all of these eons did he ever entertain the thought of someone feeling for him the way Connor was projecting his emotions now.

Connor continued, "I'm not saying Lawrence can't and won't have casual relationships, but the way you speak about him is selfish at best and disrespectful at worst," his voice went high again, "he owes you nothing! You don't get to decide you're better than me just because you can't die! You arrogant asshole!" He was yelling now, "Go fuck your fist and leave Lawrence and my relationship alone!!"

"Relationship?!" Marcus scoffed, "You speak of loyalty! Do you know I saw them? Bartholomew fucking the spirit out of him against a tree?!"

"Damn, you jealous about that too?" Connor smirked.

Celeste had to bite his lip to keep from laughing, but his body was shaking.

Marcus looked at the human in disbelief, "His own brother!" When Connor didn't seem fazed his eyes grew wide, "You already knew! What the...did Celeste do this to all of you?"

"What?" Connor looked confused.

Bartholomew's lip curled up in anger. He was very protective of his brother and he wouldn't stand for Marcus saying anything negative about him. Lawrence reached out and took Celeste's hand. Celeste himself looked nonplused, he was used to people assuming the worst about him.

"Celeste," Marcus breathed, "he has you all under some sort of spell..." he looked away, "I knew he couldn't help it, his sluttiness but--"

Bartholomew tensed but Celeste reached for him and shook his head no. Suddenly all three gods jumped when they heard Connor's outburst.

Connor had taken two strides closer to Marcus and leaned over the table to hiss out, "You call him that again and I will rip your fucking face off! You will not talk about my best friend like that!" When he saw the god opening his mouth to retaliate Connor interrupted him by spitting out, "Fuck you Marcus!" then turned on his heels and left the office. He slammed the door behind him then started when he was face to face with the brothers.

Bartholomew looked impressed, Celeste was giggling like a highschooler watching a cafeteria fight and Lawrence looked moved. When Connor and Lawrence met each other's eyes they both blushed. Celeste flung himself against Connor and gave him a strong hug, lifting him off the ground and kissing his cheek.

He placed him down then said with a bright smile, "You're my best friend too!"

"Oh dear..." Connor looked a bit sheepish, "How much did y'all hear?"

Celeste was still grinning, "A good chunk!"

"See Lawrence," Bartholomew nudged his brother, "he's fearless," when Lawrence nodded his head at him with a smile he smiled back.

Lawrence then turned his attention to Connor. He stepped forward and took the human's face in his hands and whispered, "I heard enough to feel confident in saying...I love you too."

Connor's heart started to beat wildly and he started to blush, "Yeah? Are you allowed to do that?" His ears were red now, "Can gods fall in...be in love?"

Lawrence chuckled, "Yeah," he mimicked Connor's casual language then he pulled him close and kissed him softly. Sweetly. Lovingly.

When the god pulled away Connor placed his forehead against his and whispered, "I really do love you."

Lawrence closed his eyes and enjoyed sharing the space between them.

Bartholomew smirked then patted Celeste on the back and the two of them left, traveling back to the mortal realm. Marcus, on the other side of the door, had heard the exchange and knew two things at once: first, that he had gone about this all wrong and secondly, that he had underestimated the human. He let out a long sigh then went back to his desk feeling humiliated, but not defeated. Connor would eventually die and after that he'd just try again.

Lawrence pulled back so he could look at Connor properly, "I still have to finish my duty, but I don't wish to be away from you right now," he pursed his lips and looked away in thought for a moment before making up his mind, "Come with me?"

Connor laughed, "I'll be so bored," but when he saw Lawrence's sad nod in agreement he just couldn't say no, "but sure I'll go. You gotta find me something to do though."

Lawrence's smile was so brilliant it was almost blinding. Connor smiled back with a gentle chuckle then took Lawrence's hand and they were gone.

12