Commercial Sales Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kate sighed deeply. "Okay, thanks," then paused.

"But...?" Mikki interjected.

"No...I don't know. I mean...well, Mark and I are doing alright, but we're definitely not rich," she said, then paused. "I mean, I guess I don't understand this kind of wealth, Mikki. Does that make sense?" Kate asked, finally looking back at Mikki.

"Of course, it does, Kate," Mikki replied with a slight smile. "Kate, yesterday, Jay and I were at a fund raiser for children with cancer at one of the hospitals. If you look online or in the paper, you'll probably find an article or some mention of Jay's one hundred-thousand-dollar donation to the hospital. The truth is, he probably gave them five-hundred-thousand, but wanted to keep it private." Mikki said.

"Kate, we have more money than we could possibly spend in three lifetimes. Jay is a very giving person. I think you'd be surprised how much he gives away or donates; especially to charities involving children and schools," Mikki said. "Money doesn't make Jay tick. He loves what he does. He loves the thrill; the chase of the sale. It's not about money; it's about his passion.

That's one of the keys to life...loving whatever it is you do. Unfortunately, there are so many people out there stuck in a job...or a career...they really don't love. So many people hate going to work. I get it; they're stuck doing a job that brings in money. I don't blame them. I see it kind of like a hamster running on a wheel, round and round. Then okay, they get promotions...by then, the wheel is spinning so quickly, they can't get off," Mikki sighed deeply. "I feel sorry for them; really, I do," Mikki paused. "On the other hand, they're earning money and hopefully planning for the future. What's wrong with that?"

Mikki looked across the pool, pausing. "Jay's not out to hurt anyone. If someone or some company is going bankrupt or needs to sell property, Jay isn't a hawk that swoops down and takes advantage of them; but he's no fool, either. Jay's a very smart businessman," she explained.

"Is that why you're helping the city with a new school in the low-income section?" Kate asked.

"Yes. Jay knew nothing about it until he met with some folks in the city planning office or something. I guess somebody mentioned the need for a school, but there was no land. Jay had his team do some research and made some deals or whatever, but within a few days, his team formulated a plan with the city to get a school built. He's an amazing man, Kate," Mikki answered.

"Wow, that's nice. If I had a lot of money, I'd help people too; like if I won the lottery, ya know?" Kate told Mikki.

"Explain," Mikki replied, knowing full well what Kate meant, but she wanted to hear more from Kate.

"I don't know...I mean, the average person is already blessed with so many gifts in life. Yes, having a lot of money is great, but there's so much more," Kate said turning to look at Mikki.

"Gifts? More?" Mikki asked, still trying to dig into Kate's mind.

Kate sighed. "You said Jay grew up dirt poor, right? Well, he could walk. He had his health. He had his mind. Those are things people take for granted; you know, gifts. It's not where you start in life. In fact, I don't believe it's even where you are at the end of your life that counts. I think the journey is more important...is it not?" she asked rhetorically.

Mikki was impressed.

"I remember, years ago...I was in the kitchen and my little brother came in. He was like 12 or something and he was flexing his arms," Kate laughed a bit. "He was kind of scrawny and his biceps were like two little bumps. Anyway, he said 'I'm going to have big muscles and play football in high school'...or something like that," Kate continued, after another short chuckle. "Randy, my step-dad, replied that Humming Birds have muscles. I've never forgotten that."

"Meaning?" Mikki asked.

"Meaning, Randy was right. Humming Birds have muscles, but nobody thinks of a Humming Bird as being muscular. It's all about your point of view...you know, the way you look at things; perception," Kate explained. "Sorry, not really related to money, but that memory just came to me, I guess," she added.

"Kate?" Mikki asked.

"Yeah?" Kate answered, looking at Mikki.

"You do know you've already won the lottery, right?" Mikki told her.

Kate looked at her with a blank stare.

"You just told me people who can walk or are in good health shouldn't take that for granted. Then you said you'd help others if you were rich or won the lottery, did you not?" Mikki recanted.

"Sorta, I guess...but..." Kate started.

"But what? You're not rich because you've never bought a winning lottery ticket?" Mikki stated, looking into Kate's eyes. "I don't mean to get personal, but how much did you and Mark earn last year?" Mikki asked.

Kate thought, "I don't remember exactly, but it was a little over two-hundred-thousand."

Mikki then continued. "Kate, the average household income for the US is around fifty-five thousand per year. It's even less in this city."

"Okay? What are you getting at, Mikki?" Kate asked.

"Let me guess, Mark's salary is close to six-digits, right? Combined with your real estate commissions, you're earning about four times the average family here," Mikki explained.

Kate still looked at Mikki confused. "I'm still not following you, Mikki."

"Suppose you go into a store tomorrow and you notice a kid with his mom. Judging by their appearance, they probably are not doing too well financially, ok? You then notice the boy's shoes and they're worn down, torn; dirty...the kid could use a new pair of shoes, right?" Mikki explained, looking at Kate.

Kate stared back.

"Kate, how much does a new pair of shoes for a child cost?" Mikki asked.

"Oh, shit," Kate sighed, getting Mikki's point.

"You already have the ability to help people. You don't need to be a millionaire, Kate; think," Mikki explained, in an attempt to coach Kate on the meaning of wealth. "You just told me about the Humming Bird. It's all about perception. You don't have to be rich to help someone," Mikki calmly testified. "If there's anything Jay's taught me about life, it's helping others. Give them a hand up, not a hand out. Does that make sense?" she added.

Kate nodded. "Why haven't I thought about that?" she added quietly.

"Because everyone looks at life as the rat race. Most everyone is scrambling to pay their bills; living paycheck to paycheck. The lucky ones are trying to buy a house, put their kids through college; put money away for retirement," Mikki told her. "There's nothing wrong with that, but the focus is on themselves. There are so many people on both sides of the tracks, Kate," Mikki said.

"The tracks?" Kate asked.

"Yes, on one side are the Haves. On the other side are the Have Nots. If only the Haves would take time to realize it won't hurt them to help the Have Nots every once in a while. Make sense?" Mikki elaborated. "You know, a pair of shoes, not a new car?" she added.

"Wow," Kate softly sighed, looking across the pool, taking in Mikki's lesson about helping.

Kate and Mikki sat on the steps in the water for a few minutes; listening to the soothing music. "Mikki, what does Jay know...."

"Everything. I told him everything, Kate," Mikki interrupted the question she knew Kate would eventually ask.

"Oh my God, Mikki," Kate softly whispered as she brought her knees up, put her face into them and wrapped her arms around her shins.

Mikki reached her arm around Kate's naked back, rocking her gently. "Hey, girl. I told you. Jay and I have no secrets. I also told you Jay will respect your privacy," Mikki paused, looking at Kate's face buried in her knees.

"What exactly did you tell him?" Kate whispered, her voice softly speaking into her thighs.

Mikki chuckled. "Pretty much everything. The theater, the couch...out here; the hot tub," Mikki paused, still rocking Kate gently. "I told him how beautiful you are, Kate. I told him your kisses are soft and loving. I told him I love your tits," she said with a slight giggle. "The best part about it is, I told him about you while Jay and I were making love. I think I came twice while I told him about Friday," she still looked at Kate's head in her knees. "I also told him how you took notes, asked a lot of good questions and generally immersed yourself in the project's plans and strategies. That's the impact your visit Friday had on me," Mikki concluded.

Kate sat there for about a minute. She lifted her head and looked at Mikki with a faint smile. "Okay," she gently acknowledged. "I can live with that. If you trust Jay; I'll trust Jay," she added, then pushed off and swam away from Mikki using the breast stroke. Mikki watched Kate's ass and muff as her legs spread while slowly kicking under the water.

Kate swam to the other side of the pool for a minute. She returned slowly, smiling at Mikki, as she approached. Kate swam up to Mikki on the steps, steadying herself on Mikki's thighs, kissing her softly; looking into Mikki's gray eyes.

"I think you're an incredible woman, Mikki. You've taught me so much in just the few hours I've been to your house the other day and today. I want to learn more from you," Kate tenderly told her, then kissed her again, gently...then sensually; pushing Mikki back on the steps, Kate's tits pressing against Mikki's. Mikki put her arm around Kate as they kissed.

Kate pulled back, looking into Mikki's eyes. Mikki stared deeply into Kate's green eyes.

"Kate," Mikki sighed; pausing briefly.

"Yeh," Kate replied.

"I don't know how to tell you this...I mean, I don't want to scare you," she said softly.

Kate pulled back a bit with worry on her face. "What? What's wrong?"

"Well, I hope nothing's wrong. I mean, this morning...when you arrived...I told you I missed you..."

"Yeh, so...I thought about you, too. So?" Kate nervously interrupted.

Mikki looked deeply into Kate's eyes. "I meant it. I mean...I really missed you," she confided.

Kate had confusion all over her face.

Mikki smiled slightly, "Kate, I haven't stop thinking of you since Thursday night at dinner. Then you came over Friday and, well...you know; things happened," Mikki muddled...looking for more words.

"What?" Kate's worry intensified.

"Even though Jay was here, from time to time I still thought about you this weekend...and...this morning, when your text came through, I was like a little school girl," Mikki confessed, pausing.

Kate stared at her; waiting for Mikki's next words.

"Kate, um, I hope you're not going to run, but I really, really like you," Mikki said, looking into her eyes.

Kate stared back, emotionless; her mouth opened just a tad, then her eyes squinting a bit. "Are...are you falling for me?" Kate asked softly, cocking her head.

"I didn't say that. I said I really like you. I like you a lot, Kate," Mikki quietly responded, looking lovingly into her eyes.

"No, you said you missed me. You said you really, really like me," Kate replied in somewhat of a firm manner, almost like a lawyer in a courtroom; then paused, staring at Mikki.

Mikki stared back, silently; looking into Kate's eyes.

"Tell me. What's the difference between you really, really like me and you're not falling for me?" Kate asked firmly, pausing, looking at Mikki sternly.

"Kate...I...I..." Mikki stuttered.

Kate swooped into Mikki on the steps and softly laughed, then kissed Mikki repeatedly, then engaged her in a long sensual kiss, feeling a handful of Mikki's left breast. "Damn you, bitch," Kate softly confessed. "I was worried if I texted you this morning, you'd think I was getting too close to you," she kissed Mikki some more, becoming more passionate. "Thank you," she breathed, kissing Mikki deeply. "Thank you for being honest with me," Kate quietly whispered between kisses. "For what it's worth, I really, really like you, too," she sincerely added, with a soft laugh.

12