All Comments on 'Confessions and Consequences'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 469 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of your best stories but it was so so sad. Can we get an alt. version where the MC and Aria reconcile? MC seemed to be suffering from some depression from the very start

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was very depressing story. I am sure this does happen. I have noticed that in real life the guy seems to find another woman than his x wife. I have heard such x say they only are interested in taking me to bed. They’re not interested in me as a person. His depression in this story sounds like he has a short life expectancy due to depression. Unfortunately I’ve seen that happen to many times. You write good stories but this is one I wish I had not read

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm really surprised to see these many comments supporting the story and keep destroying the MC. Most of the people, keep saying why is so righteous and morally self centred. Everybody make mistake, but those mistakes don't count for 2 month affair. She was attracted, got some emotional connection and had sex for 2 months. She lose respect, love, and trust for his husband.

For a Male, it's a defeat, it's a life time pain that your wife stabbed you in the back after 17 years of life. YES, Male pride and ego exists and jealousy exists for reason and thats why they are protectors of the family and society.

Divorce is just a procedure and a piece of paper. 17 years of memory and a life lived with a loving person. She blatantly tell him she enjoy sex and has threesome with 2 males and enjoyed it. Can't she know as a women how much pain this will cause him and he is already down the rabbit hole. Is this the character who shows empathy, grace and love to a person who lived with them for 17 years? If you comments keep crucifying male ego and pride, where is the feminine, loving, caring, respecting and gracious person?

There is reason behind lots of comments, it's because the ending is such sad state for MC and he is victim of this terror and betrayal. On the other hand, the betrayed and un caring person lives a good life without any guilt. This shows who is a good person all along.

Again Divorce is just a procedure with papers and process. What she did to him uncaring, no respect and no empathy shows that she is self centred, narcissistic and worst kind ever. She destroyed a person and enjoying the fruits of that labour and laughing at his menace.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You might as well invent a story about a desperately poor couple taking their last savings, going to Monte Carlo, or Las Vegas, or just buying Irish Sweepstakes tickets, and solving ALL of their financial problems and living happily ever after. I mean, its not an impossible story, just very very improbable.

\

So here we have a wife who turned into another man's whore because her husband and marriage got boring. And she then became a promiscuous slut, then found a man who thinks fucking around is like shaking hands with strangers, and she marries stupid cuck number two and is living happily ever after as the story ends. Of course cuck number 1 is living in misery, hanging onto his quaint outdated principles of commitment, fidelity, and marital loyalty. I mean, cuck #1 is a dinosaur, right? ALL enlightened new age men think their wives fucking around is just sex, a mistake. Right?

\

I hope someone writes the "probable" sequel to this story. Men age like wine, women age like cheese, and shallow unethical people get bored, have no principles or virtue, and the bitch will eventually find herself in the same dilemma of boredom, with the opportunity to get some new dick. And she will; why not? Cuck #2 is on record that her fucking around is just sex, and her first outing as a whore ended up wonderful. Hell, they even wrote a story about how great her life became after she fucked over her first husband.

\

Yeah, go to Vegas, or become a wanton slut, or both; great ways to make your life better. Delusional stories are juvenile, and boring. Grow up.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy605 months ago

In this author's mind, cheating wives are never wrong or held accountable. They just sh*t gold bars and piss rainbows, and skate away without a care of the damage they caused to their husbands.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I have been in a similar situation in real life. When you read the story and after the confession there’s no mention of love or motivation to reconcile which speaks volumes only sexual attraction which is not enough to make a relationship. My story is that I encouraged my wife to spread her wings and boost her confidence and we would explore her blossoming sexuality and exhibitionist fantasy’s together. In the early stages this happened and we had great fun with erotic photography, nude sunbathing and swimming, social nudity and eventually some very blatant flashing to pervy beach walkers then eventually sex on the beach while being watched. My most memorable occasion was a late afternoon encounter with a mercate as we called them, pervs sneaking around the Sandhills popping their heads up trying to catch a peak . I saw one while we were taking photos and swapped places with her so as she could take photos of me, she quickly realised my game and indicated that we should get him to take photos of us , I agreed and she waved this little old brown man down and handed him the camera and sat behind me with both of us showing nothing to eventually changing positions until we were both completely exposed sitting side by side stroking each other . The final shot was reverse cowboy clearly showing us having sex , very exciting and our little brown man stood wanking until he sprayed the sand in front of us then quickly handed back the camera and scuttled off . Uretiti beach is still a holds some great memories for but unfortunately has been taken over some weekends by guys cruising. So how did it finish ,well she started a secret affair with a married work colleague who promised to leave his wife but never and from there she went on a slutty rampage with many guys on the go at one time, several bi encounters and multiple big hook up sessions at CKK a local swing club . For me I never once wanted to get back in a relationship with her while she was sexually attractive and I enjoyed hearing about her escapades there was no love.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The bitch wouldn't still be breathing. Her new husband is nothing more than a cuck wimp

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Harryin VA “hit the nail on the head” with his assessment of this story. Kind of interesting a trans writing about a heterosexual marriage, for which the author would have no clue or real life experience about.

wretched_youthwretched_youth5 months ago

Enjoyed this. I wonder what the wife had in mind for "their" bright new future before MC divorced her? I suspect (given her subsequent roster of partners) that she would have dearly liked an open marriage. Can't see this MC ever standing for that

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Cheating is not acceptable. I would never entertain the thought of touching her again.

RosejaRoseja5 months ago

You have to ask is hot sex worth it. Can you live with yourself not knowning if your wife will be home.

macian49macian495 months ago

You did the right thing.

WwoodyWwoody5 months ago

Moron......it takes more strength to forgive....in other words....only a strong person (male or female) to grant mercy......nobody is perfect....ALL have fallen short of the glory of God

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Female crap with an ending opposite of reality. Not to mention her indifferent "if you want a divorce, that's what we'll do attitude". Sooner or later she would have dumped him herself. AND It isn't male "pride". "ego" or any other such swill. Cheating destroys trust. Statistics are that a person who cheats once is likely to cheat again. "Pretty girls are a dime a dozen" Remember that? How about this one: the likelihood of a woman over 35 getting married is less than her getting hit by lightning/killed by a terrorist. 40 yo men, on the other hand, get hit on by women barely out of their teens. Move on and don't look back.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"Trevor remember the old adage buddy "if she'll do it WITH you, she'll do it TO you." Good luck, mate. My guess is you'll need it."

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm not surprised by the low scores because this was boring beyond belief.

You finish the story asking if he made the correct decision, the answer is yes.

Never settle for someone who feels they are doing you a favour, she nolonger loves him and is unlikely to be faithful in the future. Therefore goodbye.

Healthy and financially secure single men in their 40s are the most attractive men on the planet so old Selwyn will probably be neck deep in pussy for years to come.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Absolutely wrong choice.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When Aria reacted with shock at Sel's call for divorce, claiming she'd apologized I went back since I didn't remember an apology, and I wasn't mistaken. At no time in this story did she look at her husband and say, "I'm sorry, I messed up, I messed us up. I was frustrated and reacted poorly but it's not what I want" or anything of that sort. When Sel says that she's just trying to rub his face in it, he's not wrong, and her approach to him post divorce offering him an occasional seat on the sex train is proof. So yeah, Sel's life ended up horrible, but realistically, Aria did it to him, and at no time did she show remorse. I'd say he's better off without her because she would have just kept hurting him, but the reality is that once the story started he had lost, no matter what actions and decisions he made.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well that was a reality check hey! It's only sex, I do not think so. He [as I don't know him] is not prepared to let go and move on, that is all on him. But when it comes to morals you all have to be reading and agreeing to the same page. A good and rather sad story line.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes, he made the right choice. We're not talking about a one night stand (drunk or otherwise). She made a series of choices that led to this. That makes it deliberate. I guess her new husband will be o.k. with her doing it again, since its "just" sex. Ignore the lying, the deception, the broken vows, after all it was "just" sex.

She apparently likes her new found freedom and he does need to move past it and get on with his life. But it could take anywhere from a year or two to recover (according to the surviving infidelity websites). So he'll move on when he's ready. But inviting her back in is only a recipe for disaster.

MbgdallasMbgdallas5 months ago

Nope. To answer you question.

What an absolute idiot for not even trying. She came clean amd recognized the problems and wanted to fix them and you were too big of a coward to do anything.

Typical idiot male and his ego.

Goddamn at least try. It may not work but not trying his lunacy.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Some have stated he should have stayed and forgiven her. She needed him and this was the "worse" part of the wedding vows. I call b.s. on that. SHE LEFT THE MARRIAGE WHEN SHE CHEATED. Its like a contract. She violated the terms and nullified it.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c15 months ago

A guy that age with a good salary is a hot commodity. An easy woman that age can get fucked but no commitment. You have it backwards.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My goodness you're a one trick pony. Just another guy hater. You're a good writer. Expand your play list

Theakston58Theakston585 months ago

I don’t think his mistake was divorcing her. There are plenty of argument to go both ways. It comes down to do you think you could ever trust her or not. Personally I don’t think he could. Saying sorry and being sorry are two different things. His mistake was not telling the family why he divorced her. Having just grown apart and then not moving on in his case looks weak. Her moving on looks perfectly acceptable. Having been cheated on and morning your loss is reasonable. Cheating and then moving on easily looks like you never really gave a dam. The family’s misunderstanding and frustration with him is a problem of perception. As a side note, I would have kicked the shit out of her new husband. That prick needs some humility.

knoxhardknoxhard5 months ago

He's not pathetic because he divorced her. He's pathetic because he chose to be pathetic. If he really needed to be married to the slut to have any chance of happiness, he's really worthless.

FeltfixerFeltfixer5 months ago

Her life after divorce proves she would have gone on cheating on him

WoodencavWoodencav5 months ago

Yes he probably should have stayed with her at least tried to fix the marriage. But once divorced he should have got out there and made a new life for himself. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

JayZipJayZip5 months ago

In most of our "betrayal" LW stories, the husband catches the wife and divorces her, no forgiveness. This wife gets just as dumped & divorced for CONFESSING as she would have for trying to hide it and GETTING CAUGHT. That doesn't make sense to me. You don't want to disincentivize honesty. The MC has shown her that she would have been better off to keep the secret; she gains nothing from honesty. That can't be the message this husband, or most spouses, actually *wants* to send.

°

This is more clear when you look at raising kids. When a kid does something wrong, you correct them for it, but you ALSO correct them for hiding it or lying about it. That's Parenting 101. If the kid tells the truth about whatever th3y did wrong, they earn a little leniency. We se the same thing in the criminal justice system. Defendants who confess or plea-bargain get lesser sentences than the ones who go to trial and get convicted. It's a fundamental principle.

°

But that's not how this MC behaves.

°

I'd have bought in to the story a little more if the MC had made some attempt to "reward" her honesty. Maybe therapy or something. It still might not have worked out; very reasonable that he can't let it go and still has the anger etc etc. But her honesty deserves SOMETHING. Not that she automatically buys acceptance just because she confessed; but confessing is morally superior to getting caught. She has to be able to buy SOMETHING with it, even if just two sessions with a counselor. Maybe divorce is inevitable, but the wife has earned at least a token gesture.

°

Cagiva, you always write the feelings of anger & betrayal in the cheated-on husband SUPERBLY. Just top notch. But after the betrayal & reveal, it often seems that you're more sympathetic to the wife who cheated. The husband often stays rigid and sometimes one-dimensional. Your cheating wives seem more capable of growth than the husbands. Is this something you're doing intentionally? Or am I misreading your stories?

°

Love your stuff! I'm always excited when I see there's something new from you. Please keep 'em coming! Best, JZ

McDingelMcDingel5 months ago

Good story. I'm sure scenarios like this are more common than we all realize.

vazkor13vazkor135 months ago

Rating is low for a story which has more than 350 comments !!! It seems to create strong feelings and reactions !

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

A lot of LW readers don't like me, at least in part because I have admitted that I have fucked four married women, though I didn't know that one was married until later. I don't know why two of them wanted to fuck me -- I'm just average in the looks department -- but I do know about the other two, and it was because their husbands were not taking care of business in the bedroom. It was not, apparently, because they were impotent, but because they were just plain lazy.

.

And that's how Selwyn was written. He was physically able to do better, and had in the past, but he settled into a lazy wham, bam, thank you, ma'am, without even telling her thanks:

.

"Sal, we hardly make love any more. God, we're lucky if we do it once a week. When we do get around to it, it's all over in a few minutes, and you're asleep five minutes afterwards. Snoring your bloody head off. It's wham bam, but I don't even get a thank you."

.

A lot of commenters complained about Aria using the 'fragile male ego' line, but it's perfectly appropriate in this story: when Aria told Selwyn about her dissatisfaction in the bedroom, all that he could do was complain that she said that Phil was better in bed than he was CURRENTLY, and never considered that she'd also said he was better than Phil when he used to actually try.

.

A lot of commenters complained about the ending, because Aria "won," by living a better life than Selwyn, and said that he should have gotten out of his funk and gone after some of the desperate, divorced women out there, but it all falls back on that one fact: he's just too fucking lazy to do it. The line that he 'couldn't be bothered' is telling here. And if some of those desperate divorcees did go after him, always a possibility given that he's written as having a successful business and money, the fact that he's both lazy in bed and happy enough with being lazy in bed will torpedo his chances. He might get laid occasionally, but there'll be no wife #2 for him, at least not one who's actually interested in sex, once they've sampled his wares in bed. He might pick it up, and do well the first few times, but he's still lazy, and will fall right back into his old habits.

.

Selwyn tells us that, lacking anything else better to do, he really buckled down at his job, and was making more money. That, too, is telling: it shows that he can stop being lazy, when it comes to something he knows and loves. But he either doesn't really know that much about sex -- which would not seem to be the case earlier in his life -- or he just doesn't love sex all that much. There really are men out there like that, as I've learned from fucking their wives.

.

Sure, I'm an asshole, and I admit it, but I'm also telling the truth, Cagivagurl told you the truth, too, even though a lot of readers don't want to see it.

.

There are a lot of reader complaints that Aria "won" and Selwyn "lost" in their future lives, but, given that the vast majority of stories here end the opposite, there's nothing wrong with some variety.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He did make the right choice. She is narcissistic, un caring and respect less and honourless person and she proven that during marriage and after divorce as well. This author enjoys making MC weak and pathetic. MC should bounce back throw the mories of her in garbage and Move on. There are good, feminine and wonderful women in the world.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

And the decline of western civilization is added to. Once again, a Man, is not allowed to have standards and preferences. If he does, he is a pathetic misoginist. But a woman is strong and independent, in the reverse.

Man up. Get over yourself and the betrayal. Who cares if she's ripped your heart out and stomped on it. It's your obligation to accept it. Such a Neanderthal.

But where is all the understanding and acceptance of the Man, and his beliefs. Why are his feelings unworthy of value. Where's all the progressive empathy and fight for his right to think his own thoughts.

I guess that's more misogyny. Only women are allowed to have feelings that can be valid. And this author is great at pushing the Feminist doctrine.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written ending asking a valid question. I believe his choice to divorce was the right decision. However his choice to not disclose her infidelity was wrong. Had he disclosed her cheating he hopefully would have received better support from family and friends along with recommendation for individual therapy which he desperately needs. He appeared to accept that his part in the marriage problems influenced her cheating. That was just wrong. He may have been responsible for his share of the marriage problems but the cheating is 100% on her. Cheating is not a normal or logical response to the problems she claimed the marriage had. Communication should have been her response. I would fully expect Aria's new husband will be cheated on by her as her job apparently still requires her overnight travelling to see Phil. New hubby better not leave the toilet seat up as she has explained to him what her go to response is for anything less than a perfect marriage.

I considered a 5 but ended up giving you a 4 for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A sad story of two screwed up people who can't and won't and didn't make any attempt to communicate until too late! What a bunch of BS and total lack of any respect and consideration for the other spouse. We hated story, the outcome and no serious effort made - ever - to continue remaining a loving and trusted couple. A wife who is a self-centered bitch who seemingly expects her husband to just accept her casual affair and a husband who can't really dump her and move on with his own life and happiness.

If there was an actual point to this story, we sure as H have NO clue as to what is? Two stupid mindless people!

bobareenobobareeno5 months ago

Well, she showed him, didn’t she? As written, this tale left no room to conclude anything other than that he made a mistake. Easy for her to move on, but that’s the power of the attractive female.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So I wonder how her new husband will react when he wants to come home and cuddle with his terrific, awesome new wife only to get a call from her saying she's going to a hotel with a couple of her coworkers who want to spit roast and make her airtight. She'll see him tomorrow, it's just a night of sex and because she's abandoning him and his desires, it doesn't have anything to do with him. Why the hell would a basic slut like this ever get married, the new husband is just a friend with benefits. No different than all the other people she's fucking. Yes, and think of all the possible health destroying diseases he'll get share with this whore.

driv2u2driv2u25 months ago

She will cheat on new husband , in time , but think he will put up with it or forgive .

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That's it? Really? Well you did make the right decision. She disrespected the marriage. If there was a problem she should have discussed it with you first, but instead she chose to have the affair. Now stop wallowing in self pity and get out there and start living again.

lujon2019lujon20195 months ago

Funny how she never had the time to say stop working so many hours and let my parent pay their own bill or die in the street became I need more sex, funny how she never worked more hours so he could work less,

.

.

Funny how she was never expected to sacrifice anything to make his life easier so he could have more time for her - nope, he is supposed to do everything and STILL make time for her.

.

.

Were I him after the conversation with the new hubby I would have gotten up to make a toast

.

"We're all here tonight to celebrate the new marriage of my ex wife to her new husband, well he and I just had a talk and I have to say I think he is the right man for her. When I divorced her for cheating on me we agreed we would keep that fact to ourselves, as well as the conversation where she tried to convince me to be her cuck and pay her bills while she continued to fuck other men. Now I discover shes been telling all the men shes been with since and BEFORE our divorce all about it. But that neither here nor there, I'm rambling. As I was saying this fine upstanding man just told me he would be proud to be her cuck, I personally dont understand that, but it make them happy. So here is to the new couple!! Also, sweetheart as your new man has just publicly admitted he doesnt care who you have sex with and you've been after me for years to throw you my bone what say we head upstairs? You want it to be just you and me for old times sake or do you want to do another spit roast like the one you were telling me about a few months back?"

OPrimeOPrime5 months ago

No matter what the story, cheating sucks. Silly to think her husband could get past it. The story stinks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

FOR THOSE BLAMING THE HUSBAND.... many have made the case that the wife SEEMED to make effort to use her mistake/ actions to work on the marriage.

.

THATS BULLSHIT... here is why... Every reaction ...EVERY emotion....EVERY conversation the husband had was ridiculed as SILLY MALE EGO.

.

if it take BOTH husband and wife to work on a marriage... that requires RESPECT and consideration

.

The wife dies NOT Have that. Not as long as every other sentence is silly male ego.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

possibly the worst story on this website -5/5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A second rate story by a second rate author

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written story...

...as is usual from this author, who would make a good political spin doctor.

The spin is, that A man who insists on monogamy will end up a miserable loser.

The promiscuous woman he dumps will find her cuckold in shining armor, and live HEA.

I don't believe that is a typical outcome.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That is another story, which shows one great idea, that every modern man should take - you always should think about youself first of all. Every man must (not should) be healthy, fit, he must have intresting hobbies, he must train his mind and body every day, to become today a better model of heself of yesterday. Your wife, your kids - today they are yours, toworrow they call father another man and it doesn't matter, how long did you live with your family. You must be self-sufficient to survive.

JensensloverJensenslover5 months ago

"It is also self edited, consequently will be full of errors. If that irritates you, again."

The amount you write, especially the edited ones, which you clearly don't learn from, you'd think you'd learn how to write better without the need for an editor instead of constantly pushing the fragile male ego bullshit in all of your stories.

Yes he did the right thing. Married for 17 years, couldn't talk to him but coud talk openly with every Tom, Dick & Harry she was fucking.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Time is on his side, men are aging like wine but women like cheese. In this case, he may or not, came out and rise. If he succeed then he’ll have the moral higher ground and feel justified and even happy again. If not….

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why has no one worked it out yet, Cagivagurl doesn’t believe the utter nonsense HE (quite obviously GURL is a statement) writes about.

If you want to know why just take a look at the amount of responses he gets. At the moment it stands at 280 posts after only one day and you’ll find a large majority of those comments negative. His ambition is to set an unassailable record for the number of comments within a set period of time and knowing the mindset of the typical reader of LW stories he’s well on his way to achieving his goal.

That being said it does not take away from his talents as a writer, but when you write the same story over and over again you’re going to get better. The premise of his LW efforts remains the same throughout, names, places and circumstances are altered but the core argument of female entitlement permeates the entire cannon of his LW submissions.

But like all train wrecks you’ve just got to look, you know beforehand you’re going to be pissed off enough to make a comment thereby helping achieve that ambition.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just stop trying to write from the male perspective. You do NOT understand men. You write women in man suits.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Strange that she found a new life and he was too stubborn to work with her? Now he is remorse.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As far as I'm concerned you have made the right decision. That dumbass of a new husband is nothing but a stupid cuckold. I would rather set at home alone than wonder who the slut was with and what she might bring home.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Did I make the right choice, you tell me... YOU ASKED... Yes Your Character Made The Right Choice.

WHY?

The author answered that question towards the end:

Main character asked new hubby "Don't you worry about her fucking around on you?"

New hubby "Why should I. We are totally honest with each other".

You see... If she was "totally honest" with main character, it would be different!

PS: I like the story, but I don't like your ending, it's shit, but it is your fiction, if you want to reward the guilty, so be it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a narcissistic bitch. She has no empathy and no guilt.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This author insists on writing stories that diminish males and promote acceptance of self-centered female behavior. It’s almost like the author is trying to justify her own betrayal through her characters.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It’s not your fault, it’s both of our faults. You see, you did a lot of bad things and neglected me. So it’s really your fault..I mean our fault…because I didn’t point out the bad things you were doing.

She really takes no responsibility for anything.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0355 months ago

What utter shyte, your stories always have the man emasculated and regretting having any self respect while the herione flops on her back repeatedly and never has any regrets.

MsDirectorMsDirector5 months ago

First the author is very good. But she has an agenda. Marriage to someone like Aria is meaningless, so why bother? There has always been these sorts of people, both men and women. The author is trying to explore a perspective common among the young today, that marriage is really a prison. Aria chose to cheat rather than try and bring her husband along. If she had realized the damage it was doing, she would have ended the relationship and brought up her concerns with her husband before confessing if she confessed at all. These sorts of confessions have one purpose, to make the other person the bad guy. She successfully achieved her true goal, force her husband to pull the pin and he his shame to gallantly keep her 'secret'. Thus she achieves her goal of being both have her affair validated by his unwillingness to accept and forgive and also achieve her freedom. Her effortless bounce back proves that.

Finally one point for hubby. She makes a sarcastic comment about his 'ego' which is the hallmark of a truly unrepentant cheater. In the end, as my grandmother always said, 'the only person you have to wake up with is yourself'.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Gee how depressing. I would have given her another chance. I believe she was sincere about her affair being over, and that they could make their marriage more exciting. She was his to loose, and boy did he loose.

Now he’s a depressed old geeser. Poor guy.

d0br0d0br05 months ago

Thought provoking story. Made me anxious actually. I suppose that might have been the point.

A cautionary tale.

And wow. You sure get a lot of negative reaction to your fiction. Lots of testosterone fuels indignation.

Perhaps it hits a bit too close to home on occasion. Ya think?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As many commentators have observed, him staying quiet about her cheating — especially with his daughter Andrea — was both stupid AND contrary to the “bright line boundaries “ guy portrayed up to tne divorce happening. And what did he reap from keeping the truth from his daughter? He had to endure Andrea pestering him to go to Aria’s wedding and then put up with Andrea’s anger when he didn’t. Just stupid.

====

As is the case with most male “leads” in this author’s stories: he acts authoritatively early on with principles founded on morals….but then caves one way or another to the narcissist in the end. Again as per usual….the narcissist female wins, and tne poor deluded male loses. It is this repetitive paradigm by this author that, I think, drives most readers crazy…despite the technical excellence of the writing.

Tomh1966Tomh19665 months ago

Well written until it wasn't. Literally the last five or so paragraphs then a sudden ending and I'm like... wait... what? Good reading then the mood just got sad then wham! end!

OTOH this has inspired me to take a stab and my own two different reconciliation stories to see if I can finally advance them from the idea paragraphs.

Is the last line did I make the right choice an invitation for other authors?

Anyway. Keep writing. I read your stories as I see them and I did not skip read this one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The further into the story you go, the more the characters become cardboard caricatures mouthing dialog expressing the same shallow views found in every story I've seen by this author. Boring and utterly predictable.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes. The choice was correct. Her cheating and expecting a different result than divorce is delusional. The whole story is sad. In his lace I think I would have done the same but avoided her at all costs. Good story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"Because marriage is wrong, cheating is a positive thing: an act of modernization, a breach in the wall, a foray into the brave new world of the feminist ideal." - @deepender

-

Well, you're half right. That is, in fact, the view point of Cagivagurl when it's the wife that cheats. Somehow, when it's the husband that cheats, that viewpoint is nowhere to be found...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You made the right choice only a wimp or lower would have kept the whore time to forget her move on with life your daughter seems to have no problem with mommy being a cheater maybe she will follow in her footsteps maybe it is time to pack up and leave town and forget them all and start fresh somewhere else

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He made the right choice. However not living a better life afterwards has been the worst choice ever.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why worry about sluts?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I think you answered your own question. Good story, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Lol.lol.lol

I can imagine the same story with the roles being reversed . Baesd upon the author previous work i can easily imagine how the husband would have been treated if he was the one cheated.

johnluvssexywomenjohnluvssexywomen5 months ago

My only question if she was not that ashamed about her behaviour why hide it from family and others . Why not be honest with her daughter and family about the divorce ?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

An interesting conundrum! At the end of the day, the question is: do you need another person to make you whole? If the answer is yes, then the next question is: how important is your concept of integrity? The dramatic tension comes from whether one can live with the breach of trust with the the betrayer. The unexplored proposition in your story is to answer no to my first question. That generates a whole host of other tensions, which all demand that ultimately the precipitating betrayal be resolved so that wholeness can be restored. Forgiveness is NOT an indicator of weakness, but it does demand that you confront questions that go to the very heart of who YOU are as an individual. The are ALWAYS consequences and it is not always the “guilty” who pay the highest price!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This author lives in a world with no moral code, no ethical standards, and where men who value commitment are looked at as if they’re mentally ill. In spite of this she still has the husband not tell anyone what she did to end the marriage.

Why?!? If she did nothing shameful, then why shouldn’t her family know?

Wicked people, like the author, continually try to make abhorrent behavior normal, but their conscience knows better, and it always comes out.

ZK

BSreaderBSreader5 months ago
I

Don't understand you at all, your a good writer but there something I don't understand.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He could never trust her again. After he ramped up his "Game, it would soon get old for her when they ran out of new ideas. Then, she would go looking for fresh meat.

He made the right choice before she cut him down with another confession and probably an ultimatumn.

4****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ludicrous and repetitive. All your stories are the same, dude. You obviously hate men, but since you're a man, I can only imagine what a chaotic mess your head is. As you wrote it, she didn't really care one way or the other on what he decided, and for all we know, she initiated his "depression" by demonstrating her indifference, long before the affair. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you, as usual, CG, your submissions are excellent!

Take note that my comment is NOT aimed at, nor to denigrate the Female population, simply just applying to both genders whenever the particular situation arises in the course of any (supposedly mono) relationship.

WELLLL, what are the chances of contracting a ultimately fatal disease such as HPV, not HIV, silent/malignant for for ten years plus, untraceable through normal blood/urine tests, until then..... Bam!

Normally could perhaps been detected as onset of Cervix cancer, should wifey had regular Gyno PAP smears done, Too Bad otherwise.. In the case of a male, as the English used to (would) say, 'toughsky shitsky',

You sleep with partner A, who has had sexual intercourse with 2 other persons, who each have had sexual intercourse with 2 different persons, ..now stop the bus right there, in other words you have been exposed to 'sleeping" with at least 8 other person's minimum, and who knows, Karma might turn fickle on YOU. Damn!

Keep your Dong in your pants Boy, let that Lady Dog named Karma take a hike to the next millennium!

vicelordvicelord5 months ago

There have been quite a number of stories exploring the "better with or without her" question (including, surprisingly, RichardGerald's "The Bridge") and the tales, like this one, that favor keeping her, all seem to follow the same story-line: The wife starts out a cheater, then, after the divorce, goes into full slut mode, fucking everything in sight and enjoying every minute of it. Nevertheless, we're expected to believe she wouldn't have been who she became if only the poor guy had swallowed his pride, accepted the humiliation of being betrayed, and be happy--like the second husband in this story--to be married to a sex bomb.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I dislike this story because of the intellectual dishonesty. it acts like there is no harm in taking an oath to another person and then cheating, lying, over and over; showing disrespect, dishonoring her husband, turning him into a cuck. She then shows no regrets, no shame, no concern for her husbands feelings, beliefs, or welling. She lied, damaged her husband, and then let her friends and family believe it was his fault. I do not enjoy stories about mean, vicious, self absorbed, entitled cheats. one star

MoustacheSmugglerMoustacheSmuggler5 months ago

This is a really hurtful story. It elicits strong emotions in me. That's why I think it's excellent. That's what fiction is for. I don't think there are any goodies or baddies in this story, just a tangle of people reacting like people.

I also think it's a great rebuttal to the "wife cheated then I divorced her and now my kids don't speak to her and I'm married to a supermodel" stories.

Life has nuance. You are really fucking good at capturing this. Please continue writing, even as you make my blood boil.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Please at least try to give your male characters some respect. Your stories do come across as anti-male.

Also, the wife says they are both at fault for drifting apart but then goes on to say all of the things the MC did to create the distance. Her culpability (in her mind) is that she wasn’t strong enough to stop him from doing bad things. Seriously? She takes no responsibility and destroys a good man to justify her own selfish and narcissistic behavior. There is no justice in your story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I suppose if McDonald’s and Burger King can churn out the same bland crap day after day with little or no variation, there is nothing inherently wrong with authors doing the same thing with their stories, once you hit on the winning recipe why bother changing it. But just like having those burgers every time, you know what you’re going to get when you select one of this authors efforts.

Storywise Aria wanted out, they’d been together a long time so she knew what his reaction would be when she dumped her confession on him, the nonsense about stepping into a brave new future together was a hollow gesture designed to give her the imaginary moral high ground (‘I begged and pleaded with him to work this out’) when he ended the farce, she knew full well what course hubby would take and relied on that foreknowledge to achieve her objective.

Huedogg2Huedogg25 months ago

he did the right thing if that's what works for him. He's taking all the time he needs to deal with a clean break from the slut. Its telling how she picked a willing cuckold to marry next. He'll be licking her clean after her next husband comes into view.

SorchakSorchak5 months ago

Would I have done as Selwyn did, divorce Aria in a hot minute for cheating? Hell yes. Would I have turned into a complete nebbish afterwards? *snorts in derision* Hell no. As for Aria not being able to get his attention on their problem, I call bullsh*t. Look at the effort she went to so she could tell him about her affair. All she had to do was apply that same effort to talk about their relationship at that stage. Or if she wanted shock and awe, she could have had divorce papers drawn up, and gotten him to go to counselling. I can easily think of another 4 ways she could have gotten his attention. Instead, she chose the easy route for HER, not for THEM. Once she made that decision for herself, the marriage was pretty much a write-off.

BSreaderBSreader5 months ago
I

Had to think hard on this because it's basically not finished, the wife turned out to be a bigger slut than previously thought yes slut, she did him wrong by not talking to him first and giving him a chance to up his game, yes thus destroying his ego and confidence as a man. And she fucked around so much what about std's huh. Come have some realism in it. Typical British style story little or no emotion by the husband and like a few of your previous stories why not try and force polyism on him and her. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes Sel YOU did make the right choice Believe it or not from this story Aria is a born slut and you are better off with out her Cheaters NEVER change their spots Believe me I know (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You made the correct decision divorcing the cheating slut she wasn’t going to stop no matter what she had ignored her vow to you and would do it again no doubt! Your mistake was not getting back in the saddle and remaining focused on her! Your free your successful rebait the hook and turn the table on her, as long as she sees your inability to move on she feels justified! Prove her wrong

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great storyline, sensibly written. He could have made things right again, instead he choose self-pity and to not to be bothered with the effort needed für recovery of his relationship. Sad. But she did the right thing: Giving him various chances to talk, change and act on it. When it didn't work due to his narrow-mindedness she left him behind. Touching story after all. Thank you for sharing. Certainly five stars!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There is nothing pathetic about a man in mourning. Perhaps he will get over the loss of a good wife and realize that there are still honorable women out there, but there is certainly no reason for him to think that remaining married to an unfaithful woman would do him any good. However, there are people who never do get over the loss of a true love. Great poetry has often been the result.

mariverzmariverz5 months ago

Te has superado....ufff 1 estrella

vhasstvhasst5 months ago

Mailed this one in then huh ?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I always see the ex inviting the MC to the wedding as a mean, passive aggressive thing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hell yes he did do the right thing. This is too close to my life. I forgave my ex-wife of cheating. Guess what? She cheated again years later. Selwyn is much better off ditching the cheater.

Sure he would be down in the short term but time heals all wounds and eventually he'll recover. And, eventually Aria will cheat on Trevor.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If this author is a woman her hatred for men is explicit. If male he is suffering from a severe case of penis envy. It must be sad inside its head of someone who so happily shits on any form of morality and is so bereft of any form of personal ethics. Having read three stories from author I know better than to read a fourth

UncleGrahamUncleGraham5 months ago

"Did I make the right choice, you tell me." Oh yes! You just need to get a new life now...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulay5 months ago

Oof, that's a really good one but hard one. Couldn't let go of whatever bitterness he had. Couldn't just open his brain of how to move on and make the best of his life. Another good one.

Highway69_50Highway69_505 months ago

All of your stories are well written and this one is no exception. They are hard to put down once I start reading. The main characters in this story are not very likeable. Good story,⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Yes, he made the right decision.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...