All Comments on 'Confessions and Consequences'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 467 Comments
other2other1other2other15 months ago

Is there going to be a part 2?

She treated him like shit, and never really tried to make it right, then becomes a slut. “I like sex’ seriously.

But they were right, he had grown bitter, I think he was driven but her to that place, but she just wanted to fuck everyone. Her and the new hubby must be in an open relationship and just rub it in his face. Would she even blush if they spoke about what her new hubby said.

But he needs to find closure, he needs to be able to put her in the past, and find a new love that will hold true to him. Find or do something that makes him a better man, makes him better than before and has someone who will stand up to the ex-wife in front of him, for him.

Again, hope there is a part II where he comes alive again, but we will see…

francemanfranceman5 months ago

Yes, it very often happens that the person betrayed takes longer to recover than the person who betrayed them.

How can you even compare the situations of the victim and the perpetrator?

But please, stop saying it's a mistake. It's never a mistake.

She wanted to have sex and in accordance with what she wanted she had sex. So there's no mistake.

She wanted, she did. No mistake.

Instead, say it was a mistake or a bad decision, then yes. But not a mistake.

How can there be a mistake when you achieve the desired result?

devtekdevtek5 months ago

What's really missing in this story is the explanation of what Aria really wants to do to start again.

Sal never actually asks, and they don't address the point.

Aria want to have an open marriage? Does she want to make him a cuck? Aria want to experience new things with him? Is she ready to go monogamous again?

Does Aria want Sal getting even with another affair?

Does she want to control everything, or is she ready to accept Sal's decisions in the new arrangement?

The story evolves enough to make it clear that Aria simply wanted an open marriage where she can basically do whatever she wants. But it would have been interesting for Sal to address the issue, and it would have helped him getting closure.

Sal and Aria have great potential as characters, a part 2 would be great.

AlluredAllured5 months ago

Sal needs to pull out from the depression and suck it up and get some help. Once you stand on your principles and go through your grief period, then you have to take the first step in getting better by really believing that you can do it one day at a time. Hope there a part 2.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi41045 months ago

The answer to his question is "yes".

The decisions we make are usually the correct ones for ourselves at the time. He had no interest in reconciling. Trying would have just prolonged his agony.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed5 months ago

Sal is the victim of her choices. Aria admits that she didn’t open a conversation about the issues as she saw them until after her first affair. However, by confessing to cheating she really knew that their problems would never get discussed. All she is doing is easing her conscience and shifting the burden of responsibility for the end of the marriage to him. He is flawed, but she really just uses his personality against him. She clearly wanted a doormat for a husband, as her new husband’s words reveal. Because she is hot and sexy, he implies that he will let her cheat. Sal, however, is not that guy though.

InkentInkent5 months ago

Yet again, great piece of work :)

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago

It was the right choice, if he was strong enough to make it, move on and live well without her. He wasn't.

blackrandl1958blackrandl19585 months ago

LOL. Well, that should do the trick. Angry ones be shouting from the rooftops. Provocative. All the stars. Randi.

billyblazebillyblaze5 months ago

Not sure about his choice, but I definitely made the wrong choice reading this! And regardless.of how things work in this author's man-hating mind, in the real world women with grown children that get divorced and then start slutting around rarely wind up living this kind of happily-ever-after life. It obviously doesn't fit the author's agenda, but the truth is that the divorced man with a good income has almost infinitely better dating prospects.

stev2244stev22445 months ago

Well written and engaging as always, easy 5*. I'm not going to discuss his choice here, but the overall outcome still left me a bit frustrated.

InfosaugerInfosauger5 months ago

A good but sad story. For me it seems the husband wasn't just in a rut, he was in a depression all along, even before the confession. He never got out of it even when the others tried to help him.

Let's say he didn't divorce her: I don't think they would have lived happily ever after. His depression wouldn't have let him change things and seperation would be inevitable. Maybe she would cheat again because his inability to increase his sex life.

The MC needs psychological help, otherwise he will live the rest of his life and die alone.

c24jc24j5 months ago

Hard to say if it was the right decision or not . . . is integrity and/or true love more important than cheating and/or narcissistic love? Maybe, it depends what's important. She may be beautiful and sexy, but she was obviously not that into the marriage or anyone but herself in the first place. She would probably have cheated regularly if he'd tried to work it out, and he'd be ten times as miserable.

Apparently she never admitted her 'mistake' to the family . . . so there's the truth right there. If she'd actually felt that cheating on him was wrong, and truly loved him, she would have admitted it to everyone (not just her new husband . . . heaven only knows what he's into). He hid it for her benefit. She did NOT reveal it for his. He treats her with respect and dignity, her fragile ego won't let her to support his dignity and respect. Hiding it is the biggest clue to her true personality.

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

Seems like another story justifying betrayal. Men should just suck it up - what harm was really done? If she wanted to spice up her life she should have stopped her affair without telling him. She should instead have asked him to go to marriage counselling where she could have spoken about her wanting to spice up their lives. Instead you made the faithful husband the loser and the cheater, the winner. You will guess I didn't like the story. Still 3 stars for writing the story.

Baldy74Baldy745 months ago

Yes he did! Always makes me laugh when writers use the boring old male ego BS. Never mind about the cheating, lies, the disrespect to the marriage! All about the ego!

And in the end you wrote him as a pathetic, sad, lonely old man doomed to die alone! I gave it 1*.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

I have a feeling he will be miserable no matter what he does!

5

steeltiger01steeltiger015 months ago

Not a bad little story, but it needs an actual ending.

012Say012Say5 months ago

Amazing! I have notes to write a similar story, SWIB6. I think the theme is a common one. People get into a routine, fall for their jobs, and stay together out of habit. Maybe I’ll change mine and have them stay together. Very well done, 5.

LechemanLecheman5 months ago

Well, that was depressing.

chick2206chick22065 months ago

Yes you made the right choice

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

Had he stayed married to her her, her continuing affairs would have destroyed him. Selwyn made the right, though painful, decision for him. 5* story.

WrickettsWricketts5 months ago

I don’t know. Divorce is a must but not letting the family know why and letting her really off Scott-free, not BTB, but more like truly feeling what she has lost.

kelchakelcha5 months ago

Yes, divorce was the right choice for you. Why should you both be miserable in a marriage tainted by betrayal? Basically, she chose life and you chose emotional hell after divorce.

demanderdemander5 months ago

You were right to leave her, but wrong to sink into a depressed funk. She seemed like she was going to ask for an open marriage. Exciting new stuff. You had to go. But you didn't have to turn off your life. D

nickbgbnickbgb5 months ago

Aria was a very unsympathetic and unremorseful character. What she took from her experience was that cheating pays. Divorce was the right decision, but he should’ve treated her with the indifference and contempt that she continued to show him. If necessary, leave the area entirely. She wasn’t worth his depression in the long run.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon5 months ago

A well-written story and with much better punctuation than some of your previous work. I'm not going to discuss Sal's question, but I liked that you ended the story where you did.

ApathyIncApathyInc5 months ago

I always enjoy your stories but I have to say I hate open endings. You as the author know your characters and the decisions and feelings they have. We as the audience only get a small snapshot of who they are and rely on you to tell us how they react. Just constructive criticism and my opinion. I feel if Aria was so sexed up she could have taken the initiative to bring romance back. Taken a cruise or a getaway together rather than have an affair. If it was over with Phil why say anything and put more energy into Selwyn to fix the marriage. Aria feels remorseless as to her part in all this and it feels like she rubs his face in it after the divorce even while saying she still loves him.

AZslyderAZslyder5 months ago

You write so well but it's the same with every story I've seen "it's only sex, your male pride, you should've done more I would" - it's about trust. Your female MC abused it and is unrepentant about it - that's what makes your stories so disappointing.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere5 months ago

Well, the normal "fragile male ego" platitudes were in there, but at a minimum. I actually liked this story, and the way you set it up. I think every man will read it from your MC point of view and have to answer the ending from their perspective, and I'm ok with that type of ending for this. No need to provide the happiness of knowing he lifted himself out of the funk. I will have to say that the odd way you punctuate and divide your thoughts is frustrating sometimes. Aria was not anymore a sympathetic character than he was. As others have pointed out, she blew it up, so what did she expect?

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for your story, well written, and very sincere sounding. The rest of the story needs to be that you "wake up" and realize being with you ex-wife was holding you back from doing other things that you enjoy. Start going to the gym, running, and getting "in shape". I have been married now 5 times, and women are all flakey and can't keep their vows. Use this moment to do more things, and enjoy life. Start riding your bicycle, start walking, and jogging. Go to Church, and talk to God for guidance. Make this "stumbling block" into a "stepping stone" Make that cheating slut ex-wife REGRET losing you by moving on successfully. You don't want to go backward, you can't go back to your cheating ex. Forget her, throwing her cheating ass out was a good start. But now you have to get yourself ready to go back into the dating game after all these years. I know it is tough. I have been there, MANY TIMES. REGARD THIS as an OPPORTUNITY. Get yourself together and move on, my friend. There are many more women there to enjoy. MANY! I been through a zillion. Buster2U

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

Had he stayed, she'd have cheated multiple times and would have broken him, He made a painful, but correct decision. 5*.

CD1929CD19295 months ago

Same old same old-Oh I made a silly mistake and my vagina fell on his penis.

Do you have any idea what a mistake is?

When someone that has no knowledge of the subject matter chooses incorrectly.

Aria did not make a "silly mistake",

She made a choice. She knew the subject matter.

She chose Phil over her marriage.

Just own it and say it like it is.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack5 months ago

Didn’t like the ending, and think he was well she’d if her, but I did really like the line "I know that, but at the moment, war feels good." Feels very realistic about the attitude.

dragonmann72dragonmann725 months ago

Tell me Selwyn, why the hell did you divorce Aria?

Tell me Selwyn, why the hell did you divorce Aria?

Why should I. We are totally honest with each other. She told me about her affair, while she was married to you.

If he already knew the answer, why did he ask, just to twist the knife?

Did I make the right choice, you tell me.

Yes!

BriteaseBritease5 months ago

as an earlier commentator said, the 'innocent' party often takes longer to get over a break up than the 'guilty' party. (and I speak from experience!) the trick is to pull your socks up and get on with life, but that's not so easy if you're suffering from some sort of genuine depression (and this time I don't talk from any experience). Selwyn has a problem that he needs help with, and any follow up to this story needs to be about that.

MwestohioMwestohio5 months ago

Ugh. Apparently the moral of the story is lie to your partner, have an affair, and live HEA while the one with standards is miserable

miket0422miket04225 months ago

Well, that was depressing.

Aria never came across as contrite or remorseful at all. She said she felt guilty and had sleepless nights. But, not enough to stop the affair. She said she was trying to apologize but, just kept moving on to how they could use the affair to revitalize their marriage.

Never in any of it did she ever appear to stop and take into account how her actions would make Selwyn feel.

He may not be better off without her but, considering her attitude how could he really stay with her?

I guess this is a good example of how life isn't fair. She cheated. She hurt the man she claimed to love. As Selwyn put it, she moved from strength to strength and kept on having a happy life, never suffering any consequences for her actions.

Really wish the author would have continued the story long enough for Selwyn to hit rock bottom and finally start rebuilding his life.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

She was bored, he was boring. After 17 years she OWED it to him to tell him what was going on in her head. Yes, he let the marriage deteriorate into a roommate situation, but the first step in restoring it was a conversation, not an affair. "Silly male pride" or "fragile male ego" are extremely insulting terms. If he was fucking some hotty at work and confessed it to her, how would her ego be doing? Her new husband said he'd have forgiven her the affair because, on balance, she was worth it. It's easy to say that when it wasn't you that got crushed by her betrayal. He did the right thing, now, find a woman and start anew. Check back on the skank in 10-15 years when her new "It's only sex" hubby is cheating on her. *** The story was well written, thanks for sharing.

SmoothMsclSmoothMscl5 months ago

No Sex and Self-Edited? I'd already had my daily limit of arrogance so stopped there.

des911des9115 months ago

A sad story and true to life. One person can't get beyond a disturbing event, the other can. It doesn't need to be infidelity - miscarriage, trauma, etc. In this story, it is sad because there was the possibility of rebuilding their relationship - they still loved each other. But, he got stuck and she moved on.

Did he make the right decision? No. He shot himself in the foot and suffered. She built a new life without him.

Good story, though. thank you.

TechumsahTechumsah5 months ago

So what's the point? 17 years of knowing him and she was surprised by the outcome? Now he feels guilty because she is having fun. I wish I one of these we would quit pretending that men and women are not a dime a dozen. If she wanted to stay with him she would of approached it different. She didn't care and of course he is the bad guy? The delusion runs deep here, even for a fictional story. The fragile male ego troupe is lame and your so much better a writer than that. Because of course women are imperious and have no ego. Plastic surgery, makeup, blah, blah, getting older same dog food different can. Hoping for better.

koosewatcherkoosewatcher5 months ago

The Sun always rises the next day. A man is his age in good shape with a good income are in high demand. The story doesn’t ring true.

Pinto931Pinto9315 months ago

Good story but I actually hated the ending.

Bham487Bham4875 months ago

It’s funny how you write stories just to try to prove points from other stories.

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt5 months ago

I think it’s hilarious that some of you blokes get 20 varieties of pissed off when the man takes back the wife who cheated, and now you have your wish but you’re still pissed off because the wife dared to go on with her life and found happiness. Admit it, boys, you just won’t be happy til the cheating wife is burned at the stake in town square at high noon! You call the author a man hater. The woman hating that emanates from some of you is sickening and scary.

MigbirdMigbird5 months ago

Nope, he made an unfortunate choice one with sad consequences. A confessed affair happens/so true and for the very reasons you shared through your characters. Need not end that way, but sometimes, sadly it does. Could easily have enjoyed a happy ending/stronger relationship.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester5 months ago

While he did what he thought was the right thing, the hole he is in is of his own making. If you what to get out of a hole, the first thing you have to do is to stop digging. I hope he finds a ladder and gives up his shovel.

someoneothersomeoneother5 months ago

5*. The comments are interesting as they portray an Aria that wanted to have an open marriage or a cuck husband. That is not the story. Aria terminated her affair, voluntarily confessed and admitted her share of fault, in the hope of restarting a better marriage. Sel was a loser. A good man would understand and forgive because no one is without some sin in their background, and marriage is for better or worse and demands some forgiveness by both. Sel chose his pride rather than marriage. He made the right choice for Aria, because she deserved a better husband than Sel could be.

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Tough one, did he or didn’t he? It’s all about your values and beliefs, stay or go it’s up to you and you alone! Would you be able to live with yourself and not hold a grudge over your “partner” that’s the question. I’ll say he made the right choice for him, time to move on don’t wallow in your past decisions. I give the story 5*

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler5 months ago

Interesting perspective for the story. His unwillingness or his base attitude about a relationship was too big for him to overcome. He didn't consider the negative possibilities of his decision. I am curious why this story got low marks. That is one reason why I had to read till the end and form my opinion. I think another page or two covering the rest of their lives could get me to 5 stars.

Thanks for a insightful read.

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

This was one story where I liked the cheating wife more than the husband. He was a complete idiot. No motivation. His 'cant be bothered' attitude infuriated me. Early in the story it mentioned he had a business. how can a man run a business successfully with that kind of attitude. Then he continued going about his life, going to all the same places, seeing the same people. but without his ex. She turns up tie and time again and he just wallows in his own self pity. He doesn't even have any gumption. The only decision he actually made was to divorce.

I hated the way the story went, but it evoked a reaction. Excellent writing. A five from me.

swfb70swfb705 months ago

I would have booted her as well

secretsalsecretsal5 months ago

Moral of the story, don't dump the main character of the story, because a downward spiral is the only end you're getting. Plot armor aside, decision didn't seem that extreme. Life is short, don't need to spend it with someone who doesn't have your back, regardless of what she and her supporting cast keep claiming.

payenbrantpayenbrant5 months ago

Huh....well, considering that the writer has asked a question at the end....I will answer. I am sorry that the wife has no understanding of the male ego or of integrity. It is such a good thing that they have divorced because they have such completely different belief systems. She is happier not being monogamous and he prefers monogamy. The problem was it took her 17 years of marriage to find out.

He did the right thing by divorcing her, and making it as amicable as possible. The mistake he made is one common for many hard working and industrious people...he needed to find a good counselor or therapist to talk with to help him get out of his rut.

So he made several mistakes but in the end it was wise to divorce her, yet he needed to follow through. When one loses the love of their life it creates a hole and it can be one filled with bitterness, resentment, fear and loneliness. One needs to replace what was there in that hole and allow healing to start so they can flourish.

I will say though that the wife in this story surprised me with her statement on "fragile male ego" and her lack of understanding on the concept of integrity. It is obvious she has not really looked into the subject very much. If she had though she would be a much more likeable character and reconciliation would have been much more possible.

Considering her actions, her choice of words, and lack of insight I am surprised that they had been married as long as they had been. Seemed more like 5 years or less with how well she knew her husband.

All this being said, well written but a bit of an eye roll when she played the same old song about egos and such. Solid 4 stars. Not your best Cagi, but most assuredly not your worst. Please keep writing so we can all enjoy your work.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

JAFCritic3JAFCritic35 months ago

I know you don’t give permission to rewrite your stories, however, this ending leaves open the possibility of further chapters. Are you going to open the story to allow others to add to your original work? There are many good authors who have done this in the past. If you set up ground rules that others would have to follow such as getting your ok before publishing, character traits for those used, what’s not allowed in a follow up, etc… I think it’s a way of allowing more people to find your works through the adaptation process. Just a thought though

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69895 months ago

Very thought provoking. I myself would have dumped her a lot quicker and avoided her in the future, The story problem is the MC didn't move on.

groaningbumpgroaningbump5 months ago

Not as strong as your usual stories. Character development is very basic. And the whole premise is far fetched. Why wouldn't she go to him and try to resolve their issues first? No, I'll just have an affair and then tell him about it AND try to get him to believe that it will help our relationship. Sounds like a sure fire plan. What could go wrong? 2 stars, thanks for sharing. - gb

JH4FunJH4Fun5 months ago
Good Read ⭐⭐⭐

I don’t normally comment on tales I rate a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐.

Funny, your tale brings to light something that most young (under age 45) people today don’t seem to understand. You must own your actions. Those actions have consequences. Once a decision is made you need to move forward toward the outcome of the decision. Owning your actions and decisions is critical to have a Life Well Lived (LWL). If you need to tweak the movements toward reaching the outcome of your decisions, you do it in and with the additional knowledge gathered since making the decision. Thereby improving the potential outcome of the decision. Sometime you learn that you made the wrong decision and you then have to learn from that decision for future decisions. Your results for both parties in this tale where well written and insightfully developed.

I enjoyed consuming your tale and liked the way you put it together.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg065 months ago

Wow

Is it BTB when you burn yourself?

KRD19254KRD192545 months ago

I see what Cagiv wants; the bottom line was her solution was to CHEAT, crippling any prior chance in mutually solving a marriage problem, first. She decided to betray her wedding promises behind his back. If marriage was so important to her why did she break the TRUST, first? She wanted improved sex at any cost.

\

Why is she exempt from opening a dialog with her husband and try to fix the marriage before becoming a slut? But HER solution was to CHEAT (testing the waters) and then bomb him into solving their issues.

\

Once again we read she was (per Cagiv) right and he could not overcome his fragile male ego that is centered upon TRUST and HONESTY. How much is required of a husband to keep the faith?

\

She could not even be HONEST telling her adult daughter and her/his parent(s) why the divorce, but she expected Sal to fall on her sword to protect her image, and he did. She hung him out to take the blame. And the family was too stupid to see what was behind the curtain taking the easy road 'in damning Sal.'

\

The tell to this story is she marries an amoral cuck that finds CHEATING acceptable providing he gets his....

\

3.3*** hooyah, but no salutes to this very flawed story

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf5 months ago

As usual, another great story from you. Five stars. You have a way of making your reader feel the emotions of your characters. Bravo. As for where you go from here, in my opinion, the husband stayed true to his integrity. He did the right thing. I believe you should write a part 2 in which the wife experienced the true fallout for betraying her husband. It sounds like her new husband lacks morals. So it’s only a matter of time before she cheats again. Or he cheats. Please don’t leave the story. Please write the follow-up.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter465 months ago

Sal is a F***ing idiot. Good thing its just fiction.

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

Right decision or not, he could have moved on with his life. He was only 46 not 96!

vazkor13vazkor135 months ago

First I must say that I'am a huge fan of Cagivagurl, and that storie did not disapoint me.

Did Sal took the right decision.... I don't know, how do you manage to live with someone who cheated on you and then goes full slut mode later on ? Maybe he should have try to reconcile, but I'm pretty sure he would not have been happy, in fact I do not see how that guy could be happy.

Whatever you choose, keep her or diviorce is irrelevant, what you MUST do is OWN your action.

YOU decide to divorce then move on.

On a more personnal note I do thing that some relation are worth fighting for, I'm pretty sure that one, with the character as they are described, is not one of those.

Cracker270Cracker2705 months ago

1 Yes a part two or even three would be welcome

2 You did a great job of describing life its own self.

3 Five all the way

Midnight53Midnight535 months ago

You definitely did….!

Go out and find a new beautiful woman….. one you can trust.

Wavedave45Wavedave455 months ago

There's certain things you can and should lie about. Such as if the sex was good or better. Not lying is like a guy telling his wife he cheated because the other girl was younger and had very perky breasts. Hh but not better than her mature ones. They were just different. Then telling her to get over her insecurities when it inevitably blows up in his face.

And yeah he made the right call. She was a little too dismissive about his feelings and expected him to come to an understanding and not even end the affair before telling him. With her actions after divorce it's obvious she wanted out of the marriage.

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago

Whether any decision is right or wrong depends on whether you consider "doing the right thing" worth what it will cost you. A quick look at any day's news will show that many people who choose to live life by their principles end up materially worse off and with fewer supporters in their lives compared to people who sell out or "go along to get along." If that's too high a cost for you to live with, then maybe you just have to choose the "unprincipled happiness" option and accept the fact that you're a weak person who lacks integrity.

Nasty56Nasty565 months ago

Another story that tries to justify cheating, lack of honest communication and lack of respect on a married partner. I believe most people would prefer to be sad their union is over than sad their partner was not the person they thought he/she was.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

he did make the right choice as far as real life is concerned. broken trust, etc. But according this story though it seems he is still hung up on her and waiting for her to come back to him. He should have made the reason for the divorce public knowledge.

This Aria character is a horribly selfish person. hopefully she catches an STD in her pursuit of carnal adventure.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ5 months ago

He made the right decision. Now he needs to go find a better woman. She is disgusting. I am glad he didn't compromise his values. There are better, faithful women out there. When he finds the one, he will do better himself and make sure she is happy. By the time he marries that good woman, Aria will be on marriage number three or four. Marriage doesn't really mean much to her. Hopefully their daughter ends up with better morals than her alley cat mother. Ten years on, when Aria sees him happy in a stable loving home, she will regret everything but it will be too late.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

honestly, I'd like to see more of this story, hopefully with Selwin finding his love for life again.

mistakes he made in the first story: protecting the reason for divorce, not slapping her face when she accused him of divorcing her because of his pride, not punching the new husband out for saying he screwed up by divorcing her and not bringing up the health risks associated with her post-divorce lifestyle... or if he's really opposed to her new lifestyle, calling her a whore and telling her off.

so, this story really worked for me, just want the main character to get a nicer ending.... finding love, happiness AND forgetting all about the pain caused by his ex... hopefully where he can go days, weeks or months without thinking of her.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ5 months ago

Please finish this story. Sal deserves a better ending.

red_woodred_wood5 months ago

Story well writen.

Now that out MC has appeared to have reached the very bottom, he should take some lessons from the EX.

Join a gym, get in shape, new wardrobe and hit the town.

A 46 year old, well establish guy will have draw lots of opportunities, both older and younger.

Ride the wave until the right one comes along, she's out there.

Meanwhile, it would be interesting to seehow long the EX lasts without trying a new one,

Be safe

phill1cphill1c5 months ago

I feel this story glorifies cheating. That said, the unrealistic part is where Selwyn is all lonely and not in the game. The facts are that Selwyn, being less than half the population, would be sought after and caught, whether he wanted it or not. These women aren't going to let a guy with a good job and generally trustworthy waste away. That's reality.

Also, let's face it, the blithe manner in which she cheated and confessed showed that she wanted out. She could just as easily had "the conversation" about them moving apart and needing to start over, sans telling him about her cheating. That would have at least started the healing. Instead, she ambushed him with something she wasn't sure how it would end. So, she must have been good with how it ended, seeing as nobody forced her to cheat or to tell her husband she cheated. She's not the kind of woman I'd trust with deeds and insurance. Sure, cohabitate, but there'd need to be a strong reason to take wedding vows. She probably wouldn't care anyway, makes it easier to "accidentally" have an affair. MC: 3 (too whiney and because of his personality flaws--can't get a woman--not appealing). Wife: 2 (not really sincere).

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

The bitch is a slut. End of the story. The ending sucked. And this shit about the 'stupid male ego'. it's okay for women to do it, but don't YOU dare do it. I wonder if her parents and daughter know. Four fucking months. And talk about double standards. I'll bet she would have hit him, slapped him if she felt like it for whatever reason. But GOD forbid he strikes her. This 'free modern woman' shit sucks big time. I'm glad I'm old and won't have to worry about much longer. 3 stars, because your stories are always interesting. But this one??? Naahhh!!! The Bear will pass on it.

The BEAR

skiaddictskiaddict5 months ago

The reality is that any man willing to play russian roulette with STDs from a woman like her needs to have his head examined in this day and age. Would have been a better story set back in the mid 70s.

prinnaveaprinnavea5 months ago

I have to side with Sal. Why? Aria had plenty of time and chances to correct things, especially at the proposed age. Communication is the key to a relationship. The story reeks of "I just wanted something different/new according to Aria. But it was written well, at one point I had a different view of how it might end. Then it became obvious the cheating affair was on going with her boy toy.

Sons_LoveSons_Love5 months ago

Hated the ending!!!! Wife cheats and she gets a happy ending!!!!

Lord_GroLord_Gro5 months ago

Poor Selwyn. The man really needs to be in therapy.

Yes, he was justified in divorcing Aria. She KNEW their marriage was in trouble and rather than talking to her husband about the problems she was seeing, she decided to have an affair instead. That’s Aria saying “I’m not prepared or willing to even face up to the problems in our marriage, let alone do the work necessary to fix the relationship.” That’s a pretty high level of betrayal.

Everything AFTER the divorce is on Selwyn. If he’s miserable, it’s because he’s choosing to live in misery over choosing a life that would make him happy. And it’s no one else’s job to fix him, although his daughter or one of his mates REALLY ought to point out to him that he needs professional help at this point. Not a happy story, but in many ways a realistic one. Have to give it 4 stars.

CreeperclawCreeperclaw5 months ago

Do not care for this one.

I don't like it when the person who caused the harm in the marriage gets a happy ending, and this author seems to always do that. The wife cheats and no matter how it resolves the cheating wife stays happy.

usaretusaret5 months ago

Seems like a backhanded plea to excuse adultery.

BigDee44BigDee445 months ago

If not for our two young girls, I (hope, wish) I would have.

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Get out!

What a silly story.

You can do much better than this bare bones rubbish. You did not invest much time developing this tale, it was just cliche after cliche. Indeed, a lazy effort from you.

Compared to your last three stories this one comes across an afterthought that went through the motions.p, and came up short.

You should be a bit embarrassed somewhat with the outcome if you are honest with yourself

1/5 better luck next time, l know you can do better.

Let’s see what others think?

dys_xelicdys_xelic5 months ago

It's sad, really. Your male characters get more and more wimpy and sad with every story. And the female ones even more improbably entitled and sluttier. His wife cheats, has her "slut phase", and after the divorce finds some "tolerant" cuck to marry and is happy ever after. The MC then regrets divorcing the person who disrespected him and herself, who has shown to be fake, unreliable, just because she looks hot and the new cuck is an even bigger wimp? Sorry, it makes no sense. Zero depth to the characters, zero credibility, just wimp males that accept blame for what is squarely on the wife's shoulders, and an over-entitled, cheating, liar that always has no regrets and always comes up on top.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Bit one sided. In the real world presumably he moves on and finds happiness as well. Suppose its possible she does too, but the idea that she gets prettier and happier while he stews seems a bit optimistic given the reality of the dating pool at our age and the realities of open relationships. Seems like the story punishes him and rewards her.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff5 months ago

Aria and Trevor are meant for each other. Both don't give a shit who they fuck. Great story telling, but Selwyn needs a little something on the side, if you get my drift. 5*, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Classic manhating stuff from this author, no efforts to even conceal it behind some kind of a story

mndhanson017mndhanson0175 months ago

@other2other1, that's the way all of this author's stories go, that the cheated spouse gets shafted by the wife, he made the right choice. While he was bitter, she should have talked and she claims that she was honest, I doubt she has told the truth that they broke up because she cheated, instead of talking to him. Author just wanted to beat down the MC and make the wife look strong as usual, have no remorse for her actions, it's why her stories are dwindling, they could have sparked the romance without her looking elsewhere, and a mistake is a one time thing, not a two month affair because she kept going back rather than talking to him still. There won't be a part two, other than force reconciliation, if there was a part two, it would have to be from another author because no one will stand up to Aria, Cavigagurl won't allow it.

PorterrhPorterrh5 months ago

how many times does the MC have to be kicked in the teeth , before he sees a dentist……… ?

Reader2071Reader20715 months ago

Someone's trying really hard to sell the "cheating in a marriage is okay" shit. The hero of the story is the cheating wife getting all of her dreams. Fuck the man that believes in marriage and vows he took. Could have done without this.

Harryin VAHarryin VA5 months ago

The very question at the end of the story....Did the husband make the right decision Is in itself anti-man.

Look It's not a bad story. . The problem is that throughout the story every time the husband has an emotional conversation ....tries to get his wife to understand what he's going through ....every comment every thought he has becomes stupid male ego. It seems obvious that from all the stories that this transsexual person has written that they don't understand men in any capacity.

.

The marriage was in a rut. it happens all the time. instead of engaging in marital conversation and seeking some kind of assistance or trying something new. She fucks another man.

And then she says the worst thing a wife can say to a man husband. The reason she is unhappy is because she's married to him. That's essentially what she said and when he is hurt by that and by her actions she completely dismisses his value.

.

Now that she is divorced, the wife is open and honest with all the men. Why wasn't she open an honest with her husband?.

.

Of course, she's having the time of her life. Nobody degraded her. Her spouse did not take a giant shit on her.. She has all these men validating her as a woman professionally psychologically sexually.

.

And nobody gives a shit where the husband lives or dies.

.

It's no surprise given this author's background and the numerous deviant and twisted stories that this author would write another stupid Heterosexual male bashing agenda Drivin story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with Other2other1 the story was good but it does need a second part

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The two of them seemingly just gave up on their marriage, with a total lack of communication leading to her affair and his refusal to accept it.

Neither really seemed to want to put in any work to attempt to rebuild the damaged relationship so the ending was only to be expected.

Quite sad all round but well written, as always with Cagivagurl. Thanks

offkilter123offkilter1235 months ago

What I know about this author:

1) She cannot write with an authentic male voice. Many commenters have pointed this out. Her male characters rage and rage at being cheated on, yet at the end are led to slaughter like meek little lambs.

2) She has no personal familiarity with infidelity. The thought process of both cheater and cheated upon is very unrealistic in her writing. She alway tries to make the cheated upon spouse partially responsible for the actions of the cheater. This is straight up Esther Perel discredited bullshit. Two people were in the marriage but only one cheated. Cheaters cheat because they are selfish, dishonest, broken people with poor boundaries, bad communication skills, and poor coping skills.

3) She does not possess a dictionary nor does she understand how to use an online thesaurus. How do you “hiss gratingly”? Poor/odd word choice is a recurring issue in her writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You always write the story about how the man can't forgive, I've never seen you write the story where man cheats and wife should swallow her pride

TwentysevenTwentyseven5 months ago

This is a very honest story and true to the differences in their personalities. Of course she should not have started the affair. Of course she should have spoken to him first. But would it have made any difference? I doubt it. Given his personality, he would have refused to accept that anything was wrong and they would have fallen back into the rut.

Just because he was the innocent party doesn't mean he comes off best. Life isn't like that. She held all the cards, with her personality and physical beauty, and he could not get past (not passed) her betrayal.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...