All Comments on 'Conspiracies Ch. 11'

by Barbarella420

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

If only she could stand up to Oliver instead of becoming his bimbo at the slightest touch. He deserves a few good kicks at the very least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Ehh I find the last comment a bit harsh, but still, I do think that Oliver needs to address some of his past actions... I mean, standing by while Sauer beat and raped her, telling her on more than one occasion that she is worth less than him, treating her so coldly, raping her then dumping her when he was annoyed about her sneaking money in his wallet... Pretty bad stuff, and if he wants to run away with her he has to face up to it imho.

That said, I really enjoyed AJ's opportunity to prove herself and am superhappy our heroes are working out how well suited they are. Thanks for writing, as always!

piccolamortepiccolamorteover 4 years ago

Eek I miss O+AJ!!! ;)

Barbarella420Barbarella420over 4 years agoAuthor
Picco <3

I will not lie i am at the same point that i got to with Artemis. Im absolutely stumped. But even though i don't get as nearly as good votes With AJ as Artemis did, i gotta say there is something about these two characters I just adore writing. So ive got half a chapter locked down, just gotta figure how to move forward! I have an ending, but its not time nor do i want to end it now. I'd love any tips or critiques that can snap me out of this writiers block! Thanks picco for your support though this adventure, i always look forward to your comments.

piccolamortepiccolamorteover 4 years ago

Aww it's so tricky.  Completely feel you on the writer's block!  I think it's probably no coincidence it strikes when the resolution of the story is in sight because there's an added pressure to bring it to a satisfying conclusion. 

As a fan I would like this story to go on, but my personal judgment as a 'critic' is that it probably is approaching a resolution.  In terms of how to get there, it obviously depends on what you have in mind, but as I see it the classic romance story arc is two lovers slowly overcoming obstacles both internal and external to their relationship -- once the obstacles have been overcome, the tension of the story is lost and it can't be stretched out much longer.  

In this case the external obstacle for O and AJ is clearly Sauer, and O is already breaking out from his influence and becoming his own man.  The internal obstacles relate to the characters' own personal development -- in this case I guess the obstacle to O and AJ having a satisfying relationship are, the fact that O behaves like an ass at times, the fact that AJ doesn't know quite where she stands with O (ie he hasn't actually come clean about his feelings, since this doesn't come easy for him) and maybe AJ not admitting to herself that she likes a lot of what O does.  Or whatever it is you see as the characteristics of the characters that is stopping them from sailing off into the sunset at this moment in time.  Once you work out what the psychological or relationship blocks are, then it's a case of finding how each character can overcome them.  

So perhaps O needs to work out what it is that is making him crave control to an extent that is unsustainable in a loving relationship (even in the non-con section!) and then open up to AJ and just apologise for the worst bits (eg the fact he ended the relationship pretty brutally). Perhaps AJ needs to let some steam off and tell him off a bit and then she'll feel more able to embrace the part of herself that enjoy's O's attention. Or you know, whatever growing and learning you feel they need to do in order to get to the point where they can realistically have a sustained relationship.

As I say, as far as I can see you are very nearly there.  I think you probably just need to trust yourself a bit more to wrap it up with the ending you have in mind. 

I think you have created two really amazing, likeable and lifelike characters in O and AJ and also think it's weird that the ratings don't consistently reflect this.  To an extent I think it's because in the longer, 'romantic' series in non-con the heroines that are popular are often extremely innocent and virtuous, so I guess that's what many people like, but personally I am very happy to read some characters with a bit more personality. So thanks again for writing. 

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Love this story. I look every day for the next chapter. Can't wait to see how this story goes !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous