Dana's Story Ch. 13-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dana glanced down at herself and realized he was right. She was wearing jeans, of course. Sneakers. A blouse instead of a t-shirt. At first glance it wasn't a big change. Except—the jeans were new and tight-fitting, unlike the baggier jeans she'd started the semester wearing. The blouse was tighter as well, and had a scoop neck displaying more skin than her usual t-shirts. It was also new.

Dana had neither the time nor the money to completely change her wardrobe, but she had bought these and several other items with Zoe's guidance. She'd felt self-conscious wearing them at first, putting her figure on display as they did. The jeans showed off her ass and the blouse revealed a little cleavage.

Which Zoe had argued was the whole point of the new clothes.

Tonight she'd pulled them on without hesitation. She hadn't even noticed. But Dave had. Dana ducked her head to hide a smile. She liked it that Dave had noticed.

"Yeah, I guess," Dana said.

"I don't have to guess," Dave replied. She didn't miss the way his gaze lingered on her cleavage before meeting her gaze. "I like it."

"Thanks."

"But that's not all," he added.

"No? What else?"

"I'm not sure."

"Well, figure it out quick," Dana said as she started walking again. "We're almost to my dorm."

Dave took a few long strides to resume his place at her side. "You're hot, is what."

"Am I?" Dana struggled not to look insufferably pleased by his words. She couldn't recall anyone ever saying she looked hot before. It was a heady feeling. It reminded her of how she'd felt after the first time she had sex with Darren, of how she felt like the whole world should be able to see the change in her. Was that what Dave saw now?

"So, what," she asked. "All it takes is some new clothes and suddenly I'm hot?"

"No, not the clothes," Dave said. "Not just the clothes, anyhow." He frowned for a moment, frustrated by his inability to express his thoughts.

"They seem more like a symptom than a cause," he said.

"A symptom?" Dana asked, with mock asperity. "Like for a disease?"

She saw a flash of alarm in Dave's eyes as, just for a moment, he feared she'd really taken offense. Then he grinned.

"You know that's not what I mean."

"Do I? I don't know what you mean," Dana replied, looking up at him. She was standing very close to him, she realized. Or he was standing very close to her.

Dave was aware of it too. His gaze dropped for an instant to her cleavage again before bouncing back up. He licked dry lips.

"You seem...more real," he said. "Not...grounded, exactly, but like you're more present." He nodded slowly, as if satisfied with his answer finally. "You don't seem to be living entirely in your head anymore."

Dana blinked. She'd been accused many times of living in her own little world by many teachers, and by her parents. Of paying too much attention to her imagination and not enough to the real world. It wasn't a new criticism, even if they'd never put it quite the way Dave had.

Only he wasn't being critical. He was describing his experience of her, and he was telling her that she'd changed. That she was no longer living entirely in her own head. Dana felt a chuckle bubble up out of nowhere.

She'd achieved exactly what her teachers and her parents had wanted for all those years—she was paying more attention to the world around her. They'd be horrified if they knew the source of that change. Shocked and horrified—because the impetus for the change was sex, and her pursuit of it.

Speaking of which...she met Dave's gaze directly. "So you think I'm hot?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Is that why you wanted to walk me home?" They were closer still now, speaking softly.

Dave nodded. "I wanted to ask you out."

"Okay." They were almost nose to nose now. "Ask me."

"Dana, would you like to go--"

Dana's lips met his and stifled his question. She'd never kissed anyone with a mustache before. It was slightly bristly and tickled just a little, but didn't detract from the kiss. Dave's mouth was slack for a moment, caught by surprise, but he recovered quickly and returned the kiss with enthusiasm.

He pulled her close, and Dana melted into his arms. It felt good to have his arms around her, and his mouth pressed to hers. The kisses went on for some time, wandering from mouth to cheeks, eventually raining on her neck and earlobes. He liked it when she nibbled at his earlobes.

After a time, the make-out session wound down. Dana stepped back, feeling aroused and eager. Judging by the erection Dave tried unsuccessfully to conceal, he felt likewise. Dana took his hand. "C'mon," she said.

Dave managed to complete his invitation on the walk. Dana agreed to go to dinner with him on Friday evening.

As they approached her dorm, Dana scanned the windows. The windows of the room she shared with Zoe were dark. That wasn't a guarantee that Zoe was out, but the odds were pretty good. She glanced at Dave frequently as they walked, wondering what he'd be like in bed.

It occurred to her that she was about to fall into bed with still another lover only hours after being dumped. She really was a slut, wasn't she? All her worries about how Darren had reacted, about her own less than upright behavior, swept away in a rush of hormones.

She shook herself mentally. Whatever. She'd worry about all that tomorrow. Tonight she was going to get laid. Again.

When they reached the front door of her dorm, Dave pulled her into another enthusiastic kiss. She returned it twofold, holding him tightly. They kissed for several minutes, Dana becoming ever more aroused, anticipating the excitement and pleasure of a new lover.

It came as a shock when Dave broke the kiss to meet her eyes. "Well, I should get going and let you get to bed," he announced. "It's late. I'll see you Friday?"

Dana stared at him, uncomprehending, jarred by the sudden reversal. No! He couldn't leave! She was going to—she wanted to—why was he leaving now?

"Friday?" Dave repeated.

"Uhm, yes," Dana said. "Friday."

"Okay," Dave said, taking a step backward, smiling happily. "See you then." He turned and started back toward his own dorm.

Don't go! I want to fuck you! But she didn't say it. The words stuck in her throat as familiar demons rose to surround her. Maybe he wasn't interested. Maybe she'd misread the situation terribly. Or maybe she'd come on too strong? Was that even possible?

Dana watched him until he vanished into the dark. She shivered, the cold night air colder still after having Dave's arms around her. Time to go inside. Alone.

"Fuck."

* * *

Thanks for reading. You have a vast number of options here, so if you've taken the time to read my story, I appreciate it.

I enjoy getting feedback, it's more tangible evidence that people are reading my story than simple view counts. If you have a comment, question, or suggestion, I'd like to hear it.