Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tallion bowed to the Elven Queen, "Correct on all points except one, Wild Elves are returning slowly and moving into Wild Elf lands. Not Wood Elves, but many of them have been lost on the front lines as well. That means there will be more women looking for a mate than males we currently have. You might be forced to increase that to 4 to 1 with a minimum of 3 at some point. Even across species of Elves, Your Majesty."

Queen Goldeagle nodded and then led the procession out to her husband's funeral. She then held her marriage to her royal consort right over his grave as yet another insult to the coward King. Several members of the Goldeagle line looked like they were debating on if they should attack then and there.

They saw Tallion glaring at them and several left. Queen Goldeagle turned to the crowd, "There will be no year of mourning requirements from this day until peace is achieved. We do not have the luxury of holding back on children with this war going on.

I will send forth a royal decree on this matter later today. Tonight my consort will bed me, and Gods willing I will bear many more children with strong draconic bloodlines in them. Marriage across species of elves is permitted and is not grounds for disownment while this war goes on.

My husband's other 2 wives have been ordered out of the palace and will be married off into other Gold Elf families. Not Goldeagle for them or their children. We will likely have many females who need husbands from Snow, Wood, Wild, and Moon Elf families. Potentially even Gold Elf families. It is hard to say where we will have more males than females.

Marriage for love is commendable but all males are required to marry when they turn 75, within the first year, to at least 2 wives unless they are infertile. They are expected to breed like mad. The fate of our people is at hand. Infertility items, potions, and spells are outlawed as well, for as long as this war goes on. It would mean execution to the one using them or creating them."

She returned to the Palace and Tallion returned home to sleep for the first time in days. Knowing her decrees would be unpopular but they were correct. Her rulings on titles for Half-Dragons and Half-Elves still showed some strong prejudices.

Queen Goldeagle's new husband and Consort Par was now a General and a Duke by military rank thanks to Tallion's move before her announcement. Par was her royal consort but held a position in court as well that further legitimized the affair of her loving heart, or at least her lust-filled heart.

---

Corellon met Tallion in his dreams with the Lady of Dreams at his side. "First, what happened to Crisna was not a part of our plan. She was not to die that soon, part of the reason we removed the King was her death at his lover's hand.

That was the other reason. He spent little time trying to get his wife pregnant again. We need children and you helped to reinforce that statement today. The impures was a smart call on Queen Goldeagles part and better in my eyes than Half-Elves from humans.

I don't want humans to gain magical knowledge or talent from us. Half-Elves can breed full elves with a full Elven spouse. Aerdrie Faenya was working to ensure those children would be fully elven and Dragonblooded for you.

I ask that you avoid Half-Elves of the human line for now. My wife will send you information on another candidate soon to fill that hole if you will. Likely another Half-Dragon, of a different type, but still Moon Elf blooded to keep it simple.

When impures breed with an elf then the dominant side takes over if Half-Moon Elf and Half-Wood Elf and they marry another the same way. Some could be born like their parents and some could be Moon Elf and a brother or sister could be a Wood Elf. If the father is a pure Moon Elf, and the mother is a Half-Moon Elf, they produce Moon Elf children will just be a taint of the parent's other nature."

Tallion sighed, "I would not call it a taint, but potentially a talent, like my Dragonblood into my Moon Elf children."

Corellon chuckled, "Fair point and it is true for psionic Half-Dragons as well. We do not have many Elven Psionics, but we have gained a few. I guess you could say we gain something, good or bad from that other aspect.

Taint was a poor choice of words. I have had that issue with you before on compromise. Not selecting a Full Elf was a compromise of my personal beliefs. Another deity, 2 actually, including Bahamut told me some compromises in this war for me might come early to have the right person in the right position.

My compromise was my principles and those with the Gods. The fact they all had Half-Dragons made it easier to sell them on you being the Grand Field Marshal, not counting your 150 years of service thus far for my military with a proven war record that is top-notch for any race.

It was not in you being a compromise. You have the talents I need on the field right now to get this all started correctly. For humans, that is their main motivation and you struck upon it with all of the royalty that the dragons were the best place for them to get that right now if they want it for their armies.

You are also right about the Queen's proclamations, it will create danger for her. You made the right call and a difficult choice. I like the role you stuck Par into as you brought him forward. Also, a lot of concerns they were not looking at and a lot of coastline and cities that needs to be covered.

The dwarves lost 62,584 dwarven males and females in those lower tunnels, Another 38,594 in King Fire Axe's lands. Small numbers compared to the obliteration of 700 million dwarves that could have occurred.

Those Shadow Dragons would have decimated them, your talking points were spot on and King Fire Axe knows it. Moradin and the other Dwarven Gods understood your tactics and the fact you saved a lot of his people by looking at the world as a whole. Saving resources where you could.

He has confidence in you as well. Tyr is also a fan of yours, because of your honor in matters. You always try to do what is right and stay true to the Blade Singer Code but hold others, even non-Blade Singers to the same high standards.

He could see you as one of his paladins with your combat reflexes and loyalty to the Gods. The dwarven King's Champions are providing guidance. Essentially stating what you said was true and should be considered.

Bahamut and I both ensured all Half-Dragons were highly intelligent, but you are the product of chance as well. The right seed with the right egg, which we did not guide. We had not planned for champions to occur yet as we had not expected to be attacked by an Avatar.

I had not settled on a champion until the night before I chose you. I did not have one 'outstanding' other option better than you. You were a very easy choice in the end. Bahamut was at my side when we heard your prayers to both of us. It needed to be an Elf you told us, but one who could watch the ebb and flow of the battle on a world scale.

You were right, except on the Elf part. You are the first Half-Dragon I have ever chosen as a champion. You will likely be the only one I ever choose as a champion to be fair to my people. Another of my Gods may choose one or two, it is hard to say.

I will have to have champions with those kinds of skills in the future, you are helping to seed that into the Silvertree line and the lines your daughters will marry off into. You follow me but also pray to him, I find no fault in that matter, you were the right one to bind this together.

You have the long-term vision dragons take. They just take it for thousands of years and are typically slower to react because of that, except during Wars. As the years of battle take hold good candidates from all the Elven and Dragon races will likely rise and fall in that position.

Bahamut put his champions on the field years earlier, else he might have chosen you himself. He told me as much. There will be a time where Half-Elven and impure champions will be chosen in the future, all because of what you are doing right now.

The next one in that position will likely be a dragon as you are my Champion. Bahamut is working to get those skills into more than one champion on the field from the dragon side. The one following an elf Champion into that role at least.

As the two longest living races we will alternate that position, but we had to agree upon where to start. Your skills and talents. Your loyalty to me, even against Queen Golden Crown, were all noteworthy.

You have the heart of an elf, the mind of a genius, and the power and vision of a dragon within you. You are a gifted Blade Singer as you have shown the masses. Different champions gain different abilities. You will wake soon with a surprise around your neck. Flora finally finished your amulet to protect you with freedom of movement, proof against petrifaction, and poison immunity.

Flora wanted it ready for you, especially after your latest field rampages. That amulet will attach and be a part of you. Taking on the shape of my holy symbol that you wear around your neck. It will be loud and will likely be the reason you wake up.

All champions have a symbol of strength to their Gods eventually. A magical amulet and your God's holy symbol will enhance and merge into you. It is also your greatest weak spot. If you are killed by another champion that symbol will explode within seconds, or immediately if struck by a champion and broken.

If they kill you in totality or in part. The same is true if you or another champion nears you kill an enemy champion. One going off will destroy a massive area, similar to a retributive strike. Keep your will updated and journal if you wish to be remembered, you should look to start one.

If you are caught in the area a second explosion could occur. Be as far into the enemy lines as you can get if you feel this is getting close. You will gain the ability to delay poison by touch 4 times a day, due to your incredible constitution and stamina as a bonus from this amulet.

Your senses will sharpen, and it will be harder for the enemy to flank you in combat. Get a cloak with non-detection and protection on it. Get mithril chainmail that will work with your wings. See Queen Goldeagle about that as she has already started looking into it for you and another for her new husband and her Royal Bodyguards.

The King was a disgrace. I needed her, not him. I need you on the field for as long as possible. But pace yourself and take time for the War Room and the evolving landscape. With your mind, you will see things before others do and that can only be done from there.

That gives me more time to season those who will take the next steps further after you have passed, hopefully far in the future. Aerdrie Faenya heard your words on dragon lances and is taking a personal interest.

Along with Moradin to find the location to eventually build them and the relics we will need to bring this war to an end. She is going off of your ideas based upon my directions to craft more relics.

She is expanding upon it in identifying the where, as we speak. In short your ideas resonated with the royalty in the Alliance and with the Gods. For that, I am extremely proud of you. Yet now, you have more work to do. As do I."

---

Plania White Wing stood before Aerdrie Faenya in what was left of her people's mountain fortress. Plania spoke to her on bended knee and through heavy tears. "You are telling me, I am the last of the Avariel. When I die we will be no longer?"

Aedrie Faenya nodded. "Stand child. I need one thing from you for our elven brethren in this world. The Avariel exist on other worlds. I promise one day you will be reborn on one of them with the knowledge of this day as a champion to me again. With a fuller capacity and hopefully with a much longer life with a family.

For now, I need you to stand arms at your side, wings tucked in, and standing proud. I intend to petrify you and meld your body into the walls of this fortress. I can only walk this world where I have followers.

It will be centuries before I return here, but I will come for your spirit. This teleportation circle you created to my temple in the Capital is walled off. Nobody knows of its existence except for the 2 of us and the other Elven Gods.

They don't know the runes to activate it, only you, Corellon, and I know them. Eventually, another champion will know them. This continent will sink. This fortress at 18,000 feet is the highest point in this land. Dragons could get here and did in massive numbers at the other 2 cities, the fighting was over in minutes not even hours.

Most of your brethren here died to Dragonborn. The magical tomes and relics were already moved off to the Capital by others. I directed them to be stored in a secret vault years ago.

Even the royal family does not know about them, it is under my temple there. My previous Grand Cleric was the only one who knew and has died since then. It is a secret among the Gods for now. They will come in handy someday.

Thousands of islands will form from the tall mountains left behind. Most will be uninhabited by people. But not many could live here. When this continent sinks I will work to protect this fortress.

Moradin will work to ensure a volcano rises next to it. It will be an island surrounded by sharp rocks near sea level. I will pull your spirit when they arrive through the circle. You see, you will be my only champion in this world.

I will make you near-indestructible short of a champion-on-champion attack. Until I withdraw your champion status and take you off the field myself or have another non-champion do it for me. This fortress is where the elves, Metallic dragons, and dwarves will craft the artifacts needed to bring this long war to an end centuries from now in this world."

Plania White Wing nodded, "I will do as you ask, for the sake of the elven people at large. Your work for me makes sense now, given how many we lost. I hope they use this place wisely in the centuries to come."

She dried her tears, she wore a simple gown of light white lace, her bracers, and her favored bow and quiver on her back.

She was an Arcane Archer, the last of her people. Her blonde hair and green eyes showed brightly but filled with tears. She had a belt with an enchanted bejeweled dagger at her side. She closed her eyes as she assumed the pose.

Aerdrie Faenya petrified the woman who was only 126 years old and still a virgin. Aerdrie Faenya snapped a necklace in place that transmuted her body from the stone into solid mithril as the sound of her becoming a champion echoed in the halls.

Aerdrie Faenya created the opening in the stone to best protect her champion. She never planned to return to this island after today, that was a white lie. Moradin would with her permission to work the Volcano but he knew nothing of her being here or where she would be located, that was masked to all of the Gods for now by Corlellon.

Deep would move his Sea-Elves into the area and they would work to guard this island after it sank. They would build defenses and establish massive cities in the century following the loss of the continent.

Aerdiria sighed, "When I pull your spirit, I will keep my word to you. You will fly again as one of my champions in another world. This body, filled with the last blood of the Avariel in this world will become the mythic mithril needed to create 24 relic swords for the elven people.

One bastard sword, 2 short swords, and 21 long swords. No impure steal will be required to merge it with the adamantium being brought in due to your infused blood touched by your Solar ancestors.

Wieldable by only those of Elven Blood and tied to the houses whose Elders sacrifice themselves in their creation. The blood of 2 Elven species to craft these wondrous relics and one of them a secret buried in the mithril they are crafted in for all time."

She sealed in the stone and left the area for the last time. She kept an eye upon it from afar in the heavens. She wept for the girl she had to trap in such a manner. Only Corellon and the Lady of Dreams knew of her plans for the woman's body when the time came or the why of it all. Other Elven Gods suspected, but not Loth as they were never built before Loth was banished to the Abyss.

---

The Lady of Dreams was with Solonor as Gregian White Oak stood before them before kneeling in his dream. Solonor spoke with him, "You, great ranger, are my champion in this war. Marry your second wife choice, Blixxora Strong Oak, daughter of the General, the psionic Half-Dragon you have been pursuing with your wife Flenna.

They will both be pregnant by the following morning. You will awake to find a cloak of elvenkind and non-detection and an amulet waiting for you. The amulet is Poison protection, with a minor constitutional boost to it. It is in the shape of my holy symbol.

You are a sergeant in this war currently, eventually you will become a General. A year from now add a third wife and look to a daughter of House Silvertree, Samina will be of age then. She will be a virgin bride and one of the daughters of the Field Marshal with his wife Teresna.

You will find love and many children with your wives. Yes she would be impure but decrees are coming to cover that to keep you from being disowned, you also have divine direction. Only inform your wives of your selection.

Unless secured and talking with Tallion for some reason. With both of you alone. Something I foresee happening if he asks the right questions, which he has been known to do and surprised many including us in his actions. Now the things you need to know about champions..."

---

The Lady of Dreams stood as she watched him come through the trees. Limman Moon Ray stood before her and kneeled. He was a Battle Cleric as she spoke, "Arise. You work for General Strong Oak. Captain of his Battle Clerics. You are now my Champion. I modified your holy symbol in your sleep.

It is enchanted and fused into your chest. You have 2 wives who are infertile but lay with them tonight and they will each bear you four more sons. 2 each. In 2 years Garmina Silvertree, a hybrid dragon-blooded woman, will become your third wife, your 2 wives can look to see that it happens.

She likes the idea of women more than men, but her Dragon Blood needs to be spread and she knows of this task. You will find love with her. Do not treat her like glass, even on the wedding night, once her hymen is gone give it to her, all of you.

As fast and as hard as you can and she will love you for all of your days. You know the right way to do anal on a woman. Ensure it is followed, but again, Half-Dragons enjoy hard, fast, and rough sex, just like their dragon parentage, at least male to female relations. Female on female and they enjoy mixing it up.

Your holy symbol provides increases to your mental attributes and your constitution. You will find you have one extra spell slot at every level you can cast. It will always be open. It will allow you to cast any clerical spell you need that you do not have memorized or you need to cast again during that day.

Your wifes scrimped and saved to get you a poison immunity ring. Keep it on always as the Drow are a vicious enemy. You will find a new cloak with non-detection upon it when you wake up, your old cloak which I repaired and enchanted for you.

To try and hide the fact you are my champion on the field the cloak is divine non-detection. Eventually, it will be your job to kill the champion of Loth. We have to time that right and it will likely be a one-way mission if you have to go after her. Now the rules about champions..."

---

The Lady of Dreams was with Vandria Gilmadrith as the very young elven boy stepped out and immediately took a knee before the two Goddesses. Yarnius Moon Blade asked, "May I ask why I am here?"