Fate or Circumstances

Story Info
While fate unites them, will circumstances separate them?
22.2k words
4.82
14.4k
37
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demon160
demon160
501 Followers

Author's Note: This story is a spin off from a previous story 'In My Life'. While it is not necessary to read that story before reading this, the characters have been introduced in that story too.

Fate or Circumstances

Late January 2020

Christopher Jones sat in the taxi contemplating his day. He had been travelling for just on 6 hours, from the suburbs of Melbourne to his final destination. He was on his way to visit his favourite cousin and her family who lived about an hour north of Sydney. The journey had been long, with planes, trains and taxis being used but finally his trip for the day was almost at an end.

The 21 year old had been back in Australia for nearly two weeks, visiting friends and relatives. Christopher had grown up in Melbourne till the age of 14 when his family moved over to England. His father Max had taken a job over there and he, his younger sister Holly and mother Michelle all moved overseas.

Moving to England had been tough for Christopher. He had to start in a new school, where the other children already knew each other. He stood out like a sore thumb. He wasn't athletic, didn't know what the latest trends and fads were in England, the weather was cold and he was miserable. It took a long while for Christopher to make good friends and to finally feel accepted in his new environment.

While making friends was challenging, academically Christopher did well. Upon finishing school he was successful in gaining a scholarship to Gonville and Caius College at Cambridge University to study Mechanical Engineering. Arriving at college Christopher was a tall, geeky looking, glasses wearing, slim student. For the first time in a long time he was in the same situation as everyone else, starting afresh. Being in this situation suited Christopher and he fitted into college life easily, enjoying the experience of freedom for the first time in his life.

He worked hard at his studies he got quite good marks in his first year. He also took up rowing for his college, as well as playing cricket. This opened up his social circle and he found friendship much easier to come by. Female companionship however had been a little harder to find although Christopher wasn't too concerned. He now had plenty of girls as friends however there just wasn't a lot of romantic interest. He had enjoyed a few casual hook ups at parties, but he just hadn't found the right girl.

With all of the training he was doing for his rowing and cricket Christopher had finally managed to get some shape to his physique. Rather than being rake thin as he was when he arrived at college, he was now an athletically fit young man while still being rather geeky.

Arriving at his cousin's address Christopher main concern was his choice of attire. His long sleeve shirt and jeans had been practical in Melbourne where it had been rather cold. Here however, in the beachside suburbs north of Sydney, he was cooking. Grasping his suitcase he headed up the driveway towards the front door.

************

Daisy Nelson had just endured the three worst years of her life. The now 20 year old had experienced far too much pain in her recent past and was now starting to live again. Three years ago her mother Elouise found out she had cancer. A little over 4 months later she passed away. This devastated Daisy and her whole family. Daisy, her father Mark and older sister Lara were all at her mother's bedside when she passed.

Daisy was in her final year of school, only a couple of months away from taking her final exams when her mother died. The tragedy of losing her mother was extremely difficult to bear. Daisy could not focus on her studies as the grief was too much. She took the extremely difficult decision to postpone finishing school to the following year. She now wouldn't be graduating with all her friends, some of whom she had known since kindergarten.

Lara, her elder sister by 2 years, was away at University studying medicine. She came back to support her father and sister as often as she could, but most of the time it was just Daisy and Mark. Father and daughter supported each other as best they could, living their lives one day at a time. Slowly over time they began to function again.

At times during her first attempt at the final year of school Daisy tended to get a little distracted. These distractions were mostly due to her out of school activities with her friends. Daisy was a relatively popular girl at school, while not being part of the 'in' crowd. Her close friends supported her during her time of grief however, as the new school year started, contact with these friends began to dwindle away. Some had moved away for University, while others simply just lost touch.

Returning to school that following year Daisy found having a goal was great at focussing her thoughts. This time, without as many distractions, she worked really hard and with excellent guidance from her teachers she performed admirably in her exams. She was successful at gaining entry to study Economics at University of NSW, following in the footsteps of her mother and father.

At University, Daisy lived on campus with her two flatmates and now best friends, Bec and Kristy. She was there during each semester, returning home again during the holidays. Daisy loved the freedom living away from home provided. It opened her eyes to life and she revelled in being independent.

Daisy's personality was just like her mother Elouise. She was feisty, strong willed, passionate and intense. She didn't however have the same confidence in her own appearance as her mother did. Elouise was 5'6", with flame red straight hair, porcelain skin and a slim figure. Daisy's sister Lara was almost the spitting image of their mother.

While she considered her mother and sister to be beautiful, Daisy did not think the same of herself. She was taller than both of them at 5'8" tall. Her hair was caramel coloured and wavy to the point of almost being curly. She was much curvier than them while still being fit. She did share their fair skin though. Her friends tried to convince her she was physically attractive, but Daisy just couldn't see it.

During that first year at University Daisy's confidence in her appearance skyrocketed. She started her first real relationship with a fellow classmate Travis. She had been friends with a lot of boys, but never had a boyfriend before. While her father and sister cautioned her on entering a relationship with him, Daisy ploughed head first into this relationship. She fell hard for Travis and loved being with him.

By September however this relationship ended when Travis wanted to date other girls. Daisy was devastated by the break up, just when she thought she had her life all sorted out. Kristy and Bec looked after her as best they could, and her sister Lara offered her a knowing ear whenever they spoke. Her friends even took Daisy away for a weekend to try and help mend her broken heart.

By this time her father had begun to move on with his life and had started dating again. He wanted his daughters to meet his new girlfriend and Daisy went into this meeting with mixed feelings. She could not see anyone with her father but her mother. His new girlfriend Angela was lovely and this made Daisy feel even worse. She had wanted to find any flaw with Angela and she couldn't. Her father was happy and Daisy happy for him, but it didn't make her happy.

Her father Mark was now in a relationship with a lovely woman and her sister Lara was in a long term relationship with her boyfriend Simon. All that Daisy could see was that she was alone. She couldn't help feeling that everything was conspiring against her to prevent her from finding happiness.

His father's girlfriend, Angela, had two children of her own, Taylor 11 and Ryan 9. Once they all got to know each other a real family bond began to grow between them all. Taylor in particular idolised Daisy, wanting to be just like her. Daisy soon came to enjoy being a 'big sister' to the two of them. While back at home during the Christmas/Summer break she helped her father and Angela out by occasionally looking after the children when they were at work.

One particular day Daisy found herself at Angela's house looking after Taylor and Ryan. They were having a fun time and Daisy was casually dressed in a singlet top and shorts as it was a warm summer's day. After their lunch, while playing video games, there was a knock at the front door.

*****************

Daisy opened the door and standing there was a young man, about 6' tall, dark hair, round glasses. For a warm day he looked rather odd wearing jeans and a stylish long sleeved shirt. He was also wheeling a suitcase. The man had a rather surprised look on his face seeing Daisy standing there.

"Hello. Can I help you?" Daisy asked.

"Ummm I think so. This is 28 Kirkwood Drive isn't it?" the man said with a slight British accent.

"Yes it is."

"Angela Summers and her family live here?"

"Yes. Umm who are you?"

"Oh sorry. I'm Christopher Jones, Angela's cousin. I believe she was expecting me to arrive today."

"Well she didn't say anything to me about it. Just wait here one second." Daisy replied. She seemed to recall hearing something about a cousin coming to stay, but wanted to make sure.

Daisy quickly phoned Angela and she confirmed that her cousin was coming to stay for a little while. Angela had been expecting him to arrive the following day when she was at home. By this stage Taylor and Ryan had both come to the door and were excited seeing Christopher again.

As Christopher came in he asked with his slight accent "Well now you know who I am, who might you be?"

Daisy smiled at him and offered her hand.

"Hi I'm Daisy Nelson. My father is Angela's boyfriend. I'm here today looking after these two today while Angela is at work."

Christopher held out his hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Daisy." He said with a broad smile, shaking Daisy's hand.

The kids then took Christopher through the house to the spare bedroom where he was going to stay. Christopher unpacked a little, but couldn't really believe what was happening. A very attractive girl was here in his favourite cousin's house. She seemed very nice too.

After quickly finishing his unpacking he came back out a short while later, changed from his previous attire. Christopher was now wearing a t-shirt and shorts, much more befitting the warm day. When Daisy saw him she almost did a double take. The slightly nerdy looking man she had just met had quite muscular arms and strong legs. The t-shirt also gave way to the fact that he had a very fit torso.

The children were excited to see Christopher again and he had brought a couple of presents back with him.

"Taylor and Ryan I hadn't forgotten what you wanted when I came back from University, so here they are." He said as he passed the children a present each.

Christopher watched as the children opened their presents, a sweatshirt each from Cambridge University. They loved the presents and thanked Christopher.

"I'm sorry I didn't bring a present for you." Christopher said to Daisy with a big smile.

Daisy giggled and suddenly felt very self-conscious.

While the kids went and played their video game again, Daisy and Christopher sat down and began to talk. Christopher told Daisy about his studies at Cambridge and was in the middle of his second year of Mechanical Engineering there. He also mentioned he was in the college rowing team and played cricket for the college as well.

Daisy was fascinated by Christopher's stories of college life over there and she shared her own tales of her experiences studying economics. They chatted the afternoon away, while also playing with Taylor and Ryan.

Later in the afternoon Angela called and asked Daisy if she could bring everyone around to her father's house where they were to have dinner that evening. Packing everyone into her small car Daisy drove them all the short distance to her house where Mark and Angela were waiting to greet them.

Taylor and Ryan raced through the house and went straight out to the swimming pool. Angela was delighted to see her younger cousin Christopher again. After introductions to Mark they went and sat down in the lounge room catching up on all the family news. Meanwhile Daisy went and helped her father with dinner.

As Mark prepared the dinner he noticed Daisy was regularly looking at Christopher with a slightly whimsical expression on her face. He smiled to himself as he had seen this look from Daisy before. He shook her out of her dream by asking her to go out and watch the kids in the pool. Daisy reluctantly agreed and headed outside.

Daisy went and sat on the edge of the pool, dangling her legs into the cooling water. The kids asked her to hop in, but she didn't feel like it. Daisy watched the kids as they splashed and played but her mind was elsewhere.

'Christopher is such a nice guy. Good looking, smart, so fit. I wonder if he likes me... No he was probably just being polite. Such a nice guy must have a girlfriend... Oh why did he have to arrive today! I look like a mess, just in this singlet top and shorts. He must have a girlfriend...'

She was awakened from her thoughts when a voice asked "Do you mind if I join you Daisy?"

Daisy turned and smiled, delighted to see Christopher standing beside her. He sat down right next to Daisy and dangled his legs in the water as well. They chatted together, continuing their conversation from earlier, laughing at each other's stories until dinner was ready.

They sat together at the dinner table and everyone had a wonderful time. As they were clearing up after dinner Daisy watched as Christopher helped put things away. He was talking to her father and they were getting along very well. When Christopher returned to the table he took the dishes Daisy was carrying off her as he didn't want her to get dirty carrying them. Daisy just beamed at this gentlemanly gesture.

When he returned Daisy knew what she wanted to do.

"Ummmm Christopher... I was wondering... I...I was going to head down to the 'Beach Club' shortly and I wondered ... If you would like to come with me? If you aren't doing anything that is..." Daisy managed to babble out.

Christopher smiled broadly. His smile just grabbed Daisy.

"That sounds wonderful Daisy. But I might not be dressed enough to go."

"Oh you'll be fine. It is right on the beach with people there who have been at the beach all day. You look fine."

"Well ok let's go."

They said their goodbyes they headed out the door with Daisy telling Angela that she would drop Christopher back to her house.

Once at the bar, Daisy and Christopher sat outside enjoying the cool ocean breeze and the sounds of the waves crashing on the shore. Sitting together they talked about everything. Daisy loved listening to Christopher talk about England and his life over there. She thought he looked like a tall, slightly muscular Harry Potter, with his glasses and dark hair. His eyes were a grey green and very easy to get lost in. When he smiled at her Daisy melted a little inside.

Christopher thought Daisy was adorable, so attractive, but a little shy at the same time. She was intelligent and could talk about anything. He could tell she was a passionate person, particularly when discussing things she felt strongly about. Her laugh was captivating and her blue eyes sparkled when she smiled, especially when she was looking at him. Christopher really liked her although there was no way he could tell her as such.

As the night wore on Daisy and Christopher realised they liked each other's company enough to want to see each other again. Christopher was committed to going out with Angela and her kids the next day, but he was free on the following day, Friday.

"What are you up to then Daisy?" he asked.

"Oh I only planned to go to the gym in the morning and then perhaps to the beach here if it was a nice day."

"Sounds like a great day to me... If you don't mind the company?" Christopher asked cautiously.

"The company would be the best reason to go." Daisy beamed.

The night wound up and they soon headed out to drop Christopher at his cousin's house. After arranging a pick up time for their date, they said goodnight. Christopher's awkward side made its presence felt as he really didn't know how to say goodnight to Daisy. He wanted to kiss her, but didn't know if she wanted to. He tried to stay calm on the outside as he tried to work out how to say goodnight. They finally settled on a slightly awkward hug before Christopher headed inside.

As he closed the door he was kicking himself for acting so geeky and nervous saying goodbye with a hug. What was he doing?

Daisy drove home with a huge grin on her face and not because of Christopher's gawkiness in saying goodbye. She actually thought he was so sweet and so wonderful. Daisy couldn't quite believe she was actually going to go out with him.

************

Friday arrived and Daisy woke early. She wasn't usually an early riser, but her excitement for the day ahead got the better of her. Even though her date with Christopher was going to be casual and active, she still wanted to look her best. After getting herself ready in the bathroom, she had the difficult choice of what to wear.

Not only did Daisy have to choose what to wear to the gym, but also what to wear to the beach and possibly afterwards. After finally finding her best bikini and packing this and her other clothes into her gym bag, Daisy had to choose what to wear to the gym. After trying on numerous outfits she finally settled on a pale pink sports bra/crop top, ¾ length grey yoga pants and an oversize white singlet on top. She tied her long hair back into a high ponytail and sprayed just a little perfume on.

She then went to the kitchen, where her father was having his breakfast before heading to work.

"Off to the gym this morning Daze?" Mark asked, knowing full well what Daisy was doing that day.

"Yes Dad. I'm going with Christopher and then we are going to the beach." Daisy beamed.

Her father could see how happy Daisy was.

"Hope you have a great time today Sweetheart." Mark replied.

"I think it will be a good day Dad." Daisy grinned.

She kissed her father on the cheek and headed out the door.

Arriving at Angela's house a few minutes later Daisy did a quick check in the mirror to make sure she was looking good. She closed her eyes for a quick second and took a deep breath to settle the butterflies in her stomach. Breathing out she opened the door and got out of her car.

As she stood up she could see Christopher walking down the driveway. Just seeing him again brought a big smile to her face.

"Hi Daisy." Christopher said waving to her as he walked to her car.

He was wearing a college t-shirt, navy shorts and had a backpack slung across one shoulder. When he arrived at the car he went around and gave Daisy a hug. Christopher had been thinking about this since their goodbyes the other night. He had made up his mind that the 'awkward hug' was going to be his thing and he was going to run with it. Christopher hugged Daisy with much more confidence this time.

Daisy hugged him back. It certainly didn't feel awkward to her. She just enjoyed the feeling of the wonderful man in her arms. Hopping into the car they travelled the 15 minutes to the gym. During the short journey Christopher and Daisy chatted like old friends, continuing their conversations from the other evening.

Once at the gym Daisy showed Christopher where the locker rooms were and they both put their bags away. Daisy was first out so she waited outside the workout room for him. As she stood there another gym goer came and started chatting to Daisy. He was about her height, reasonably muscular and tattooed. This guy began to hit on her.

demon160
demon160
501 Followers