Fate or Circumstances

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They had been living together for just over 12 months when Daisy completed her doctoral thesis. After years of hard work and study Daisy turned in her thesis in person to her professors. Daisy had been in Sydney for a few weeks, putting the final touches on her work and having meetings. Unbeknownst to Daisy Christopher flew up on the day she was turning her work in.

He had organised a big celebration dinner for Daisy. All of Daisy's family were attending, as were Christopher's parents who had recently returned from England to retire. It was a huge surprise for Daisy seeing everyone together and she had a wonderful time. As the night finished, instead of travelling to her father's house, Daisy and Christopher stayed at a hotel in the city.

Entering the room Daisy could see both of their large suitcases sitting in the room.

"Why did you bring both the suitcases Chris?"

"Well we are going on a little trip tomorrow Sweetheart. Do you remember, a long time ago, a certain young woman was going to visit a rather handsome young man who was studying at Cambridge?"

Daisy's face lit up. Her mouth opened but no words came out.

"Well tomorrow we are catching QF1 to London for 2 weeks. To have the trip we were meant to have."

"Oh Chris. I... Wow... That is ... You are so wonderful" Daisy babbled before embracing Christopher.

They flew into London and stayed for a couple of nights with Christopher's sister Holly and her boyfriend in Hertfordshire. She was the only member of his family who hadn't met Daisy. The women became instant friends. Christopher then hired a car and the couple travelled over to Cambridge.

It was a perfect English summer Saturday when they arrived at Cambridge. Christopher took them to their accommodation before showing Daisy around his college. Where he lived, where his classes were, where he rowed and played cricket.

Daisy soaked up everything. She could see the pride on Christopher's face as he showed her around his academic world. Even though it had been some 6 years since he had been there, Christopher still knew the place like the back of his hand.

That evening they prepared to go out for dinner. Daisy was wearing a summer dress and Christopher nice trousers and a shirt. He then produced from his suitcase 2 academic robes, his Caius college robes and Daisy's Master's robes from University of NSW. He had arranged to take her to dinner in the Hall of Gonville and Caius College.

As they arrived Daisy was mesmerised by the sights before her eyes. It looked like a scene from the Harry Potter movies. The great hall, filled with students on long tables, all in their academic robes. They were greeted at the door by the Head of the College who fondly remembered Christopher. Christopher introduced Daisy.

"Miss Nelson, I see you are a Master from the University of NSW judging by your robes. What field of study did you undertake?"

"I completed my Masters in Economics and have just completed my doctoral thesis." Daisy replied with pride.

The head of the college guided the couple to the Fellow's table, where they spent the evening enjoying wonderful food and intellectually stimulating conversation. A couple of Christopher's professors were there and they spent the evening catching up. One of the Cambridge Economics professors had seen Daisy present in Michigan the previous year and they had plenty to discuss.

The evening wrapped up at 9:30, and Christopher took Daisy by the hand and walked her to the old courtyard. The wonderful English summer twilight had produced a stunning evening. They walked through into the Tree Courtyard. Daisy was trying to take this all in. As the weather was still warm they took off their gowns and Christopher carried these. They looked at the tree that was planted when the college was founded. Christopher cleared his throat.

"Daisy I had planned to do all of these things when you came over to visit. I so wanted to share all of this with you."

"I'm so glad we got to share this now Chris. Thank you so much."

Christopher shuffled on his feet.

"There is also something else I was going to do while you were here."

"What's tha...?" Daisy began to reply, before she saw what was happening.

Christopher got down on one knee in front of her and held her hand.

"Daisy Nelson you mean the absolute world to me. I cannot imagine my life without you. You are the smartest, funniest, most beautiful person I know and I ...I would be the happiest man on Earth if you wanted to spend our lives together. Daisy will you marry me?"

Daisy had tears streaming down her face and she was nodding her head in agreement long before Christopher had asked her the question.

"Yes, Yes, Yes my love. Yes" Daisy exclaimed as she pulled on Christopher's hand to make him stand up again.

The couple embraced and kissed, as they both shed more than a few tears.

As they moved apart Christopher gently moved the tears from Daisy's cheeks with his finger. They were both beaming with happiness. He reached into his pocket and took out a ring box.

"Ummm Daisy I ... I got this ring back then to give to you. It isn't anything extravagant..."

"You bought me a ring back then?"

"Yes Sweetheart I did. I bought it the week I came I back here. I always knew you were the girl for me Daisy."

Daisy started tearing up again.

"Now it isn't extravagant or anything and if you don't like it I can get you another one now..."

Christopher opened the box and Daisy could see the ring, the simple gold band with the nice Solitaire Diamond standing on top.

"Ohhhh Chris it is so beautiful. Don't you dare change it. It is so, so perfect."

Christopher took it out of the box and placed it on Daisy's shaking finger.

"Do you like it?"

"Chris Honey I love it. And I love you."

Christopher kissed Daisy again.

"Daisy while circumstances with Corona Virus tried to keep us apart, fate brought us together twice. Together where we are meant to be."

"Oh yes Chris. We are meant to be together. I can't wait to share our lives like we are supposed to."