Finally, a Day Off

Story Info
Two busy professionals meet on Nude Day.
29k words
4.76
15k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I created this second story for the Nude Day 2023 contest as a challenge to myself. I wanted to put more of Celina and AJ into that story, but it hit 40k words, so they needed their own. My challenge was getting a nearly 30k-word story done before the deadline, about a week after finishing the other. I wouldn't have made it if it were not for an extra day off because of the holiday. A few notes:

1. I did not have enough time to do my French translation, so I apologize to any French speakers. My French had apparently atrophied more than I thought. That section is not long, and the English words for the conversations are in parentheses after the quotations.

2. Like many of my stories, getting to any action other than nudity takes a while.

3. My Nude Day stories occur in a fictional Colorado where Nude Day is officially celebrated.

4. The two main characters in this story are straight, but AJ's best friend is a lesbian, and Celina's bestie is bisexual, so there will be some lesbian themes and kissing. All the real action is in its own tale, but if that much offends you, maybe look elsewhere for a story.

Celina -- Nude Day morning

Sunlight managed to hit Celina's eyes just the right way; it had to bounce off both her phone and smartwatch after finding its way through a pencil-sized crack in the curtains. She sat up and stretched, giving up on getting back to sleep. Cel was amazed at how quickly she nodded off when she got up here. Being around her best friend, Grace, made it feel like home.

Her parents were nomads for most of her childhood, her dad was a French-Canadian travel writer, and her mother was a novelist. Her mom's head was in the futuristic eternally with an interesting perspective as she had grown up in rural Paraguay during her summers and in Washington state during the school year. It wasn't until they stayed in Colorado through her time in high school that she found a true best friend. Grace was in volleyball, basketball, and track with Celina. Her nerdy parents didn't wholly understand sports, but they supported her. Perhaps it was her and Rae's dose of teenage rebellion, but they gave up organized sports as soon as college came along. Yoga and running were their replacements.

Celina and Grace's skills weren't potent, but they were tall enough to start in basketball and volleyball for three years in high school. They went to the same university and roomed together until the final semester of their junior year. That was when Cel dropped out of college to pursue a culinary career. Her father and mother had collected recipes as they meandered through the country and beyond. The kitchen was family bonding time, and she was good at it.

A lucky break got her noticed by a fine dining establishment. Two years ago, she left the restaurant that had given her a chance to take an opportunity with a celebrity chef as his sous chef. A grueling pair of years had sharpened her skills considerably but at the cost of seventy-hour weeks and a scarcity of days off. That was nice after she caught her boyfriend in the shower with another woman. Cel discovered why he didn't mind her leaving the restaurant they worked at together, as it gave him more time to pursue side pieces. Once she made that discovery, she learned that the woman was far from the first. Her work schedule didn't give her much time to think about what had happened. On the minus side, processing the breakup took her too long.

After a year, the extra hours were a burden, not a blessing. Celina knew she had to put in the hours and pay her dues to move up in the highly competitive culinary environment. It was starting to wear on her. Still, she would put on a brave face and endure; she had already wasted a ton of her parents' money going to school that didn't stick. Success was the only way after she had given up so much.

Celina stretched and glanced over at the mirror. She loved the way her chest looked since she had gotten it enhanced just before she was discovered by the celebrity chef. Not only had her natural pair been on the small size, but they had also been tragically saggy. She had been so embarrassed by them that Cel rarely showered in the locker room before it had cleared out. Grace didn't have the same issue but stayed with Celina to support her.

Sleeping nude finally felt right after she healed from the augmentation. Before then, she would wear an oversized t-shirt to bed without panties. She liked to let her kitty breathe a little at night. At the beginning of the summer, she had gotten waxed for the first time. She didn't want to worry about keeping her bikini lines clean, and that seemed to be the lowest effort way to accomplish it. Grace had tried to talk her into it several times before. Celina had dreaded what it would feel like, but it wasn't as painful as she had feared. She had even gotten it touched up a couple weeks ago.

Stepping into a pair of pink cotton panties, Celina grabbed her silky Tahitian green robe and tied it around her before leaving the guest room. She wasn't about to gallivant around the house naked, even if Grace wouldn't have minded at all. Since Cel had discovered Grace working on homework naked in their dorm room during their freshman year at college, her best friend rarely wore clothes at home. If I looked as good in my birthday suit as she does, I might want to flaunt it all the time. Celina thought but knew that wasn't why her friend liked to be nude.

Grace's bedroom door was open as Celina advanced down the hall. "Grace? Are you up?" Cel called down the hall as she moved toward the kitchen.

Rae's car keys weren't hanging from a lanyard by the door, so she was likely off jogging or running errands. Celina searched the kitchen but only found an empty bag of coffee beans. She gave a disappointed grunt before flopping on the recliner in the front room. It took a minute to figure out which remote in the stack on the nearby table worked the television. Getting the sound to work right was even more fiddly.

Ten a.m. was an early morning for Celina, when her night cooking didn't end until midnight, and taking a few hours to wind down, she usually slept until noon. If it was by her choice, on too many days, she had to be back at the restaurant on far too little sleep. The news was covering a giant parade and concert that was taking place in Denver. Today was the state's first Nude Day. It was a trial run; judging by the crowd, it would likely continue. Written into the law, the test gave the legislature a way out if there were massive issues or protests. There was only a tiny clump of protestors yelling and shouting as a cluster of naked revelers danced in the street in an impromptu pre-event to the parade. The news had to be on some kind of delay with all the blurring that they were doing.

Could I do that? Celina questioned. She had gotten a boost of confidence since her surgery, but body issues still gnawed in her brain. She wished to be more like her best friend, who seemed more confident in the nude than when clothed.

As if summoned by thought, the front door's hinge squeaked as Grace entered the house with a pair of large coffees, a pink purse on her shoulder, and running shoes in a color somewhere between pink and orange. The pale woman wasn't wearing anything else.

Grace had the type of effortless beauty that most girls envied. Her wavy red hair always attracted attention wherever she went; it had the perfect amount of bounce and body without getting frizzy. Her cute nose was dusted with an outstanding amount of freckles. Neither one more nor one less would make her as beautiful. High cheekbones had just enough red color to look like natural blush. Her straight, gleaming smile had come from braces, but her emerald eyes hadn't needed any correction from glasses. Her bestie had subtly done her makeup this morning; anything more extensive would ruin an impressive natural canvas. Her cute, pink lip gloss was brighter than she typically used.

Like Celina, Grace was very tall for a woman. Her best friend had all of a half inch on her at a little over six foot in height. Their height during their freshman year in high school was how the two met. Their school liked to grab a photo of the incoming freshmen class and had everyone arranged by height in the gym so they could be assured that no one was accidentally hidden. Cel and Grace had to stand together in the back row. They were the only two girls in the entire line. Rae didn't seem to be shy about talking to the new girl. The photo took twenty minutes to capture, but by then, the girls were well on their way to being best friends.

Celina's bestie was in far better shape than in high school or college. Long, lean legs led to a tight but prodigious ass. Celina knew her butt was better, but it was a close competition. Grace's stomach was flat. Her abs weren't showing, but her core stood out. Her breasts weren't fair, large, round, somehow still perky. Tiny light pink nipples capped the jealousy-inducing peaks. Freckles dappled her slim shoulders in a manner like her face, the perfect amount.

Grace's mound was neatly waxed and had been since college. Even if it took forever for her pale skin to tan, the faintest hint of tan lines showed that Rae preferred a tiny string bikini. Her pussy was barely visible, even in her nonchalant stance. Just the touch of a line parted the smooth skin with nary a peek of her clitoral hood.

"Grace!" Celina tried to sound shocked, her naked friend wasn't that much of a surprise, but it wasn't polite to stare.

"I got coffee!" Grace didn't mention her nudity, but a quick giggle revealed it was on her mind.

"I should have known this was a risk." Celina was surprised that Grace had been wearing a robe when Celina arrived last night. "Damn, you look good, girl! How do you have time for the gym?" Celina's schedule only let her get in a run a few times a week. She knew Grace was working as hard as her, but she looked damn good.

"Helps that I no longer have a boyfriend and don't put in nearly as many hours at work as you. I already went for a run this morning. Some of us are used to being up at five a.m." Grace shrugged and handed her a coffee. "I got you an extra shot of espresso." The cup was warm, and the aroma smelled like caramel and dark roast.

"Perfect, thank you. Ten a.m. is early for me. Some of us don't leave work until midnight. You didn't go running dressed like that, did you?" Celina was shocked that Grace had gotten out of bed so early on a day off, but she probably snoozed on the couch waiting for Cel's arrival last evening.

"Big negative on that one. These two bounce a little too much for that." Grace giggled as she bounced on her feet and shook her large natural breasts. "Some of us don't have artificial enhancements. I thought running bottomless would be a little weird."

"Just because my girls had surgical assistance doesn't mean they don't bounce. You sure you aren't going to burn outside without clothes?"

"It's not my first Nude Day." Grace winked. Celina should have known that the woman had been spending time naked outdoors.

"It's the first here in Colorado." Cel did her best to look surprised.

"So, it's my first legal Nude Day. It's been an unofficial holiday for some of us." Grace sipped her coffee as she gave an adorable little shrug.

"You and your fellow nudists?" Celina wondered if her bestie had found any fellow naked ramblers, it would be nice if she had someone with her to keep her safe.

"It hasn't been a group activity before other than skinny dipping. Not even Bish went along."

"Did he know?" Celina had the distinct feeling that was not something that Grace could conceal for long.

"Oh yeah, you think I can be home long without shedding my restrictive armor?" Grace giggled.

"Restrictive armor?" Celina snickered. "No, you couldn't. You only made it half a semester in school before you let me know."

"You almost caught me like seven times before you succeeded." Grace chuckled. Her friend liked to be naked in their dorm room when her schedule allowed it. Or, after she was caught, whenever the mood struck her.

"It was weird how you were always on the way to the shower."

"SPF 90 all the way. I might go through the whole bottle today." Grace non-sequitured her way to an earlier point in the conversation. "I hope you brought some of your own, as I'm taking you somewhere special today."

"It's sweet that you think you'll get my ass out in public during Nude Day, Gracie." Cel shook her head as she tied her robe tighter. Maybe it would help me get over my body issues. Part of her wanted Rae to talk her into it.

"You came up here to hang out with your college friends, and you're not attending the main event?" Grace sounded incredulous.

The swimming hole was a secluded spot off the trail and out of any touristy places in the parks nearby. It had been discovered by two friends that had yet to be there when Grace and Celina were. Twin Alexes, or Alex squared, were a year older than Grace and Celina, but it was somewhat of a wonder how the only times that they hadn't been out at the swimming hole were the times the pair of Alex was not.

"It's not like you didn't go skinny dipping back in school with us. Besides, I thought you would want to show off your enhancements." Grace continued. Those times at the swimming hole took much mental effort and alcohol to join in with. The joint she had to mellow her out also hadn't hurt. This time she could indulge in a wholly legal manner.

"Really, you want to go galivanting out in the woods naked? What about bugs or creepy guys?" Celina was digging her heels in.

"We have bug spray and hiking boots. Plus this." Grace pulled a cylinder that resembled a small fire extinguisher out of a small backpack. "If it works on bears, I'll bet it works on creeps too." She winked at Celina and then flopped unto her couch. The coffee in her cup sloshed but didn't spill.

"It's just... They want to start doing some advertising with me, and what if someone sees me out there naked." Celina nervously fidgeted in the recliner. It was the next step at the restaurant. She's built the skills from rigorously working and training daily; now it was time to show off a little.

"On Nude Day? I guarantee anyone up there will be just as underdressed as me. Plus, the swimming hole won't be out in public, not exactly. Come on, it's going to be a blast. We're bringing the chips, so we have it easy. Brad and Mel will meet us at the trailhead in an hour. You can stay here alone, but there will be beer, weed, and cute guys. How long has it been since that fuckwit cheated on you?"

"Almost as long as it's been since Bishop left." Celina shrugged. She didn't want to discuss her ex and doubted Grace wanted to do so.

"See, too long. Grab your hiking boots and a wide-brim hat. I'm not going to let you mope on this trip, Cel. We mourned our relationship enough last time."

"Okay. If I have to." Celina hid a smile; Grace could make her go on crazy adventures like no other. She would pretend to protest, but Cel loved going along.

"You do." Grace glared at her with determination, but her countenance quickly softened. "I won't force you, but I promise you'll have fun."

Celina rolled her eyes and then smiled. Grace always brought her on wild adventures that Cel rarely regretted. She needed her more free-spirited bestie to get out of her own head. "Since when did you care about weed being there, Grace?" It was her turn to jump backward in the conversation with no warning.

"I'm still the family rebel, but I know you used to indulge." Grace's parents were a couple of hippies. It was funny that her act of teenage rebellion was not smoking pot while her parents and siblings did.

"I hope someone brings the good stuff." Celina didn't indulge often but preferred quality over quantity. It was an excellent way to wind down after a very stressful night of cooking. She preferred to get high when she had a day off, and those had been few and far between.

"We can stop by the dispensary on the way out of town. You don't have to get naked, Cel." Grace stood up. There was a bounce of excitement as she gathered things around her house.

"Yeah, I do. None of the group would let me hear the end of it if I went to the skinny-dipping hole without adhering to the cultural norms." Celina shrugged as she got up to help get things around.

"You want to know how I know you were a sociology major before you dropped out to become a kickass chef?"

Celina had found the classwork exciting but hadn't wanted to be a professor or a social worker, so she found a different path. She was lucky that her parents wanted her to follow her dreams instead of being worried about wasted tuition money.

"Okay, okay. I can do this. You're right, though. Lucy and Melanie would show up and make me go if I didn't, wouldn't they?"

"How often does Mel get into town these days?"

"More often than I do, it seems." Celina sighed and shook her head.

"That's just because she has a wedding in a month." Grace shrugged.

"Outdoors in August? It's going to be hot! Give me time to take a shower and do my makeup." Celina bounced to her feet and downed half of her coffee.

"There are going to be cute guys!" Grace yelled at her down the hall.

AJ -- Earlier Nude Day morning

When Alexus wasn't at their shared apartment, Alejandro felt she would have gone to the brewery. It was where all her efforts were poured. However, the brewery was closed for the next three days as significant renovations with a few structures needed to occur. One of the tanks needed to be replaced, and they all required to have their plumbing redone. None of those operations were in Lexi's wheelhouse, so AJ had hired professionals. He didn't need her to watch and fret all weekend.

Life had taken some odd turns in the five years since he and his best friend, Alexus, had graduated from college. Lex had gone from looking into graduate schools to running her uncle's brewery so fast it might cause whiplash. Alejandro was supposed to have his entire career figured out already, but he wasn't expecting the mill to be in such dire financial straits. Alex spent over three years putting his heart and soul into the family business. He couldn't bail water from the sinking ship fast enough, but AJ had made the sale sufficient to take care of his grandmother and allow his parents to retire.

Alejandro's father wasn't fiscally minded and had been thrust into being president of the business before he was ready. AJ's grandfather had been great with numbers, but a sudden heart attack felled the legendary man who had saved his entire life and bought the mill. Alejandro Senior could diagnose and repair any machine in the mill with a glance, but he didn't have the mathematical aptitude to keep the financials sorted. His mother was a great communicator with clients and farmers alike, but she didn't have the business acumen to keep the mill treading water.

A brother and sister were still in high school when AJ's mom and dad were able to retire. His youngest sibling was a senior in high school this year, while his sister had spent the last year in Boulder getting into computer science.

Alexus's truck was in its usual spot when AJ approached the brewery. Alejandro could barely remember his first time riding out to the brewery as a kid; his parents were very hands-on with their clients, and the brewery took on most of the barley. Flour was milled from wheat at the plant, but they also bought and sold various grains. AJ and Alexus played while Lexi's uncle and aunt talked business with AJ's parents.

They were already best friends when the two kids called Alex by their friends and family ended up in the same kindergarten class. Their teacher decided they couldn't be named Alex, so she nicknamed Alexus Lex. AJ always thought that sounded slightly like Lex Luthor and didn't think his bestie was a villain, so he called her X instead. When it seemed to slightly irritate Alexus, AJ kept it going. X decided he needed to go by AJ instead of Alex, stating it wasn't fair that he got to keep Alex and she was Lex or Lexi now.

123456...9