For the Love of God Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Candace, please..."

Mayor Gordon was useless as can be. The fool was still on the floor!

"I am staring in the eyes of the Devil and I have to stop him!"

She was totally out of herself. Maybe she was the one possessed, I thought.

I could see her playing with the trigger. She was only a few feet in front of us. I was so scared for the kids. I took a deep breath.

"The Sixth commandment, Madam. Thou shall not kill." I told her, trying to remain calm.

She looked at the ceiling. She did not what to do. Sometimes, she was touching her heart.

"Theodore, they have corrupted you... You have let the Devil penetrate our walls..."

"Honey, I..."

He (freaking finally!) stood up and walked towards her.

I walked back to get closer to the twins. I feared we were all going to die. She would not give up the gun.

"Daddy... I'm scared..." Jacob whispered behind me.

"Shhh..." I said.

"I know what I have to do, Theodore... I have to call a priest and I have to get you exorcised... But first, I have to stop these three demons."

She pointed the gun back to the three of us.

"They are the ones who are responsible!"

"Candace, please, let me explain. For the love of God!"

"DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER! LOOK AT YOUR FACE, THEODORE! LORD BE MY WITNESS!"

She was about to pull the trigger. Theodore jumped on her. There was a shot. A vase exploded. I pushed the twins away, against the couch, and covered them as much as I could with my own body.

Nobody had been hit. Thank God. But the Gordons started running around their mansion.

"Emma! Emma! Where are you, sweetie? Mommy's home! We're leaving!"

Candace was running up the stairs.

And suddenly there was a huge boom. I thought it was another shot for a second but it was not. Something had fallen from the stairs.

Actually, someone had fallen from the stairs.

I was holding the twins, lying on top of their naked bodies, praying they would not get hurt in all of this mess.

Please God, anything, but keep the boys safe.

Then, there was silence.

"Daddy... Daddy... I see blood..." Aaron said in a strange voice.

It was maybe 30 seconds later.

"What?"

"I see blood on the floor."

Mayor Gordon walked into the living room.

"I swear I did not push her. She fell. She was running hysterically, I tried to catch her but she messed a step... She fell down the stairs. On her own!"

"Stay where you are, boys."

Theodore was shaking. I walked slowly towards him.

He had blood on his hands. I had never noticed blood had such a thick smell.

"I tried to feel her pulse." He explained.

I looked in the doorframe, leading to the large entrance and to the staircase.

Candace Gordon was there, lying down the floor, her head smashed against a marble piece. There was blood everywhere.

She was dead.

[MORE TO CUM]

Well, looks like we are reaching the CLIMAX of the book! ;) See you next week, guys!

12