Gym Buddies Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Silence.

"So, maybe see you at the gym Monday?"

Her voice brightened. "Yea, see you then!"

"Ok, have a good day, Kelli."

"You too, Tom."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Tom hung his head, and it took him a good hour to refocus on his work.

*****

That night Kelli and Richard had sex. For the first time, Kelli didn't enjoy being with her husband. She kept thinking of her gym buddy, wondering what he was doing.

*****

On Friday morning Tom was just leaving a meeting with his boss when She called, excited. He stepped into an empty conference room.

"Terri from your HR department just called -- I have an interview with Marjorie next Tuesday!!"

"Kelli, that's awesome! Congratulations -- she'll be totally impressed with you - I just know it!"

"I'm excited, and nervous. I don't know if I'll interview well. And, I have a problem." 'Actually, two problems.'

"What's that?"

"All my work clothes are very casual, mostly mom-jeans and sweatshirts, nothing I can wear to an interview at a bank. So, I need to go shopping for an outfit for Tuesday. You work there, you know what the women wear, so..... will you come shopping with me tomorrow?" She bit her lip. 'Here's hoping I don't get shot down. What guy wants to go shopping with a girl? He probably has guy stuff to do, or a hot date with that Cyndi woman.'

Normally, Tom would have feigned death or pleaded insanity to avoid going shopping with a woman, and he had a regular hoops game with the guys every Saturday morning. 'I'd do anything to spend time with Kelli.' She couldn't see it, but Tom sported the biggest grin. "Sure, I'd be glad to! Um, what about Richard?"

"He's going hunting with his buddies all day."

Tom detected just a touch of annoyance in her voice. 'Dumbfuck that he is - with a woman like Kelli at home?'

"What time?"

"How about I pick you up at your place at ten?"

"I'll be ready!"

"Thanks so much, Tom, see you then. Bye!"

"So, Kelli - 'mom-jeans' -- really?"

She laughed. "Shut up!"

"Bye!"

First problem and second problem solved. The second problem was Kelli wanted an excuse to spend time with her Gym Buddy.

*****

Tom thought for a minute, then opened Google to do a search. Then he texted his Saturday-morning hoops buddies that we wouldn't be there. Of course, they replied with blistering razzing.