Her Private Dick Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

-oOo-

Josh started awake, his sudden jerk waking Hazen. "What?" she mumbled sleepily.

"My alarm didn't go off," he said as he relaxed.

"So?"

"Nothing," he murmured as he rolled to his side to snuggle into her back. "I just remembered I silenced my phone at dinner last night and then didn't change it back," he murmured as he kissed her shoulder while cupping her breast.

"So what? We don't have to check out until two."

"That'll make us very late getting home."

"So?" she murmured with a sigh. "I'm in no hurry." He reached over her for his phone. "Just leave it," she groaned.

"Just checking the time."

It was only eight-thirty... not nearly as late as he thought. While he had his phone in his hand, he saw he had an email notification. His eyes widened in surprise as he checked his email. He had twelve emails, all from various newspapers, television stations, and reporting services, all seeking his comment on a story coming out of Miami about a major treasure theft ring being broken up. He then checked his missed calls, and his eyebrows try to crawl into his hair. Sixty-one missed calls.

"Hazen..." he said softly.

"What?" she mumbled.

"You have to see this."

"Fuck... what?" she asked, her tone slightly sharp. Josh was going to have to learn to relax and stop getting up so early when he didn't have to.

Without listening to his voice mails, he returned to his emails and handed her the phone. She lazily read through the emails, a smile forming on her lips.

"Told you." She stretched with a groan and then yawned. "Dammit... I suppose we need to get going after all. We need to get you home to take advantage of all this free publicity."

He gently took the phone from her and placed it on the table before pulling her close. She leaned in, ready to accept his kiss, but he stopped, their lips millimeters apart. "That can wait. I've got everything I want right here."

She smiled, closing the remaining distance to his lips.

He rolled to his back, pulling her with him as the kiss became deeper and more passionate. She didn't love him, and she knew he didn't love her... but each day they were drawing closer. As their bodies responded to the other, she knew she wanted Josh's steadiness in her life as a counterweight to the craziness of her family. She didn't know what he wanted from her, but whatever it was, she'd give it to him if she could. Wanting each other wasn't the same as love... but it'd do for now.

1...456789