All Comments on 'Her Turn . . . Again? (750 Words)'

by IWroteThis

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
Bronco56Bronco563 months ago

I did like it. You had me there for a while. Nice Twist

5stars

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

That was great one! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg063 months ago

Loved it

It was a good part 2

LanmandragonLanmandragon3 months ago

Short and nice. Some proofreading would be good.

MellowJoeMellowJoe3 months ago

I saw where it was going as soon as she said "it's not going to be just the two of us any longer".

And that's OK! You've rapidly become one of my favorite writers here. Please keep writing!

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Neat twist. No apology necessary. thanks

SithLord6969SithLord69693 months ago

The thing most people seem to be missing is that they previously had an open marriage of some sort, hense the reference to stop having threesomes. I didn't like it at all. A bit too clever clever. 1 star.

UnassignedUnassigned3 months ago

Easy to see what was coming, yes, but that's not an issue at all in such a short story. Nice epilogue to the story!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Reading it as a stand alone, it’s well done! 4.5*

Dare2BroDare2Bro3 months ago

I really enjoyed the original story and this was a nice addition to that story. You continued the same theme from the original and added another nice twist. IMHO, It is time to leave it be. And please don't apologize for your writing, that is the LW commentors job.

Thank you for the good read.

waifwaif3 months ago

I want to make a few points.

-

It's okay to care what your readers think of a story. After all, if you only wrote for yourself, you would not publish it. However, you should never allow it to change what you are saying. It is YOUR story to tell. Criticism should make you learn where you failed to communicate your story in a way they would understand. That way, you actually grow as an author.

-

Anyone who just wants to trash it is free to write a better story, but if they don't offer something constructive, please avoid them and be yourself.

-

I liked it. I gave it 5 stars despite the giveaway ending because it made me smile. I think you could have couched the ending better by stressing the word threesome less, and going into more depth about the failed swing or other event that caused the MCs angst. Let the audience feel a deeper dread as her current behavior mirrors those events in his mind. At any rate, it was FUN to read and I thank you.

ttt59ttt593 months ago

I like the twist and am not "unhappy" with you, but if I were him, I would most definitely get a maternity test once the brat is born!

Rocky62Rocky623 months ago

Summing up her history, was on the pill, how she words things i’d be getting a DNA kit asap

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Did not expect that, jaded reader that I am. The decency challenged writers in LW throw so many cruddy stories into the category that I truly expected this to melt down into a septic mess of human depravity. Instead, I almost smiled at this one. Well played, well done. Five stars.

WetheNorthWetheNorth3 months ago

Not enough there for more than a 2

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Seemed obvious to me, but it was still well spun.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As I wrote previously:

“Bullshit! He needs to divorce her anyway. She’s telling lies. If she hasn’t already been fucking other men, she’s going to do so now. Just because she doesn’t get her devil’s threesome doesn’t mean that she doesn’t still want more than just her husband anymore. She’ll just hide it going forward’l

ZK

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

You definitely got me with that clever twist.

RosenkavalierRosenkavalier3 months ago

In the first (!) line you quote

„ask and you shall received“.

When you quote the bible (Mathew 7:7), copy, but don‘t add faulty letters.

And then you commence

„ Luckily, editing is easier than writing it in the first place!“

Probably editing and proof reading is something you should put more effort into.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Saw it coming a mile away, buy the last line was a gem. I have not read the other story, and don't plan to. This one was okay. Three stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A very nice story and I gave it a 5*. Yes, the nit pickers and fault finders will pick you apart, they have done it to me. Cheer up. Know they do this out of their own low self esteem, knowing they can badmouth somebody without their knowing who they are... cowards to the nth degree.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I saw that coming. Well done, nice play with words.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

AWESOME way to disguise the pitch never gave the batter a chance.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Would be better as a longer story but ok. Ending was easily guessed.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It was pretty predictable about pregnancy. Although, after so many rants about Cordon Bleu in a short story of 750 words, the twist could have been like this: "Dear, meet Pierre, he is from France and works as a chef in an upscale restaurant. Knowing your weakness for culinary delights, I'm sure you definitely won't mind if he sometimes cooks delicious French cuisine for us, and later at night we'll all study together... However, if you are still against threesome sex, then I will thank Pierre myself for his high culinary skills. Trust me, honey, sex is secondary here. First of all, I care about you and your gastronomic preferences!"

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

After reading to the finale, I was surprised that the idea of her pregnancy had not occurred to me. The thought was spinning in my head that that trial threesome with a woman turned on the toggle switch of a suppressed strictly lesbian orientation inside her.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is a story like a woodpecker is a carpenter. It took an effort to think up this?

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

Wheew.

Glad it didn't turn out the way I thought it it will turn out. That was a good twist @IWroteThis.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A unique ending. I enjoyed it.

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Good part 2 to the story. For a 750 word story, I still felt the emotion of the nameless husband. Thought the first story was fine on its own.

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

beanburner69beanburner693 months ago

I like it but her past would require a DNA test

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

@Lanmandragon - Yeah, my first two stories were pretty much finished long before the 750 Word Project opened at the beginning of the month and I had a lot of time to try to polish them. What I didn't count on was how much I would enjoy the feedback and having people enjoy what I wrote. (I partially blame that on my English teachers, who never looked at the entertainment value of what I wrote. It's almost like they don't want people to become writers...) I quickly finished a couple of my other 750 word stories that I hadn't planned on posting this year. Then there is this one. Before I posted the original chapter, I had never envisioned more to this story. But, the outcry of the pitchfork wielding townsfolk led to me writing this chapter, with only one week from initial idea to submitting. So, yeah, this one probably could have use a bit more polish, but I didn't want to keep people with pitchforks waiting!

-

@MellowJoe - One of the earlier drafts had it sound more like a threesome than a pregnancy, but I didn't like it and rewrote it. My intent was less about tricking the audience (beyond the title) and more about trying to show how her past behavior was still coloring his perception of her despite her change in behavior. Without that background, he would have instantly caught on that she was pregnant, just like you did.

-

@SithLord6969 - I don't think folks are missing that. I think you missed that it was to be a one time thing, not an open marriage, and he put an end to it at just that, a one time thing. You're not alone, based on many of the comments that I received. In fact, I wrote this chapter in large part to put to bed the claims that she went behind his back when he said no more. I'll have to wait and see how well it worked...

Happily_Married87Happily_Married873 months ago

Great setup enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Please proofread, two stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Amusing.

Tomh1966Tomh19663 months ago

Fooled me gets you a 5!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Aw, sweet! I'm a sucker for a happy ending!

JR

inka2222inka22223 months ago

4.5 stars. I admit I agree with any notional theoretical other commenters that would have called for paternity testing, but the story by itself is good. It was a little TOO obvious, but hey it's 750, it's funny, it's unexpected and the effort definitely deserves 4.5 stars rounded to 5. Thank you.

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

@Dare2Bro - The problem is that when I was setting up the series to link these two I used the number 3 in the short description. Almost immediately, I realized you can't have a two chapter story that revolves around the number 3. I don't know for sure if it will turn out to be a viable story, but it looks like they might become a trilogy...

-

@waif - I appreciate the words of support! My comments about the pitchfork wielding mob were just me attempting to be humorous. I wrote this chapter because it spontaneously came to me while driving. I write down every story idea I can remember long enough to get back to my computer, and then advance them as the inspiration strikes me. As for changing my stories to satisfy the mob, this was the opposite with me reiterating the reconciliation from the first chapter.

-

@ttt59 & @Rocky62 - I was beginning to think my powers of prediction were faulty, so thanks for the paternity test comments! I just need one more to reach that "few" threshold I set.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How could anyone read "There's going to be three of us " and not know were this was going? But that's only because we're reading this, not living it.

,

I know you were trying to be cute about it, but in reality, after what they went through before, writing her tell him that way board-lined on cruelty. How could she not have some idea that would be his initial thought.

Davidj001Davidj0013 months ago

Liked it just fine😉

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

Worry less about the comments. write what feels right to you. You will never please everyone. This one works well.

AethurAethur3 months ago

The outcome was rather predictable from the wife's word choice, but with the limited word count (and this being LW), there's nothing wrong with being predictable. A solid 4.3* (rounded up) story. Thanks for sharing!

GerMagGerMag3 months ago

I did like it. Thank you!

IWroteThisIWroteThis3 months agoAuthor

@Rosenkavalier - Touché! The sad truth is that I did not put the author's notes through the same editing intensity that the story itself got. In hindsight, that was a rookie mistake and one I will strive to not repeat.

-

@Anonymous - "It took an effort to think up this?" - Actually, as I mentioned, it came to me from the boredom of a two hour car drive, so not really.

-

@beanburner69 - Thank you! As the third to mention DNA, my paternity test prediction has been reached!

-

@Anonymous - "Please proofread, two stars." - I do try, but your comment would be a lot more helpful if you also pointed out what I missed so I know where I need to improve.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

I know my friend TraLaLa will mock me as Captain Obvious, but I have to say it, it was pretty obvious that she was pregnant.

skruff101skruff1013 months ago

Come on own up who didn’t realise she was pregnant right from the first paragraph?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

@SithLord, they didn't have an open marriage of ANY sort. They had ONE FFM threesome, that's it.

\

@ttt59, you mean PATERNITY test, LOL!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good stuff. Don’t apologize. Let the writers write their own stories. Doubt they can, of course. Well done 🤙🏿

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Figured it out at the beginning. Not too much of a story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lame. And what is with the weak fearful husband? Are most writers that timid and non confrontational? As soon as he knew something was wrong he should have stopped everything right there and demanded to know what was going on? Why would the wife wait until after the dinner to announce her good news? The dinner should have been to celebrate the good news, in a normal marriage of strong honest people. Just weak and pathetic. Hope the dumb shit gets a DNA test. Naw, that's too scary, for sure.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ignore the haters. It's good to find a story like this in literotica. GOOD JOB!!!!!!

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

You wrote this, and did a very good job with it too.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture3 months ago

Hmm. Again no depth, like many I worked out she was pregnant from the word go, predictable seems to be a common ground here

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree3 months ago

Much better.

4 out of 5 from me.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Great follow up story. Thanks for your writing.

TrustingagainTrustingagain3 months ago

Such a nice follow up to the story.

shopratshoprat2 months ago

I kind of liked it. It reveals the broken trust, and it shows how vulnerable he is now that he (perhaps foolishly) didn't leave her after her previous machinations. And yet it looks like there's a shot at a happy life going forward, perhaps she's really changed. But he won't know for a long time yet. That's a lot to get done in such a short story, so good job!

Lyon796Lyon7962 months ago

This was a really cute story and a great followup, thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good story. Stop apologizing. The last people in the world you should need or want validation from are the bitter, unloved dirty masses that lurk in the LW comments section.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Who the baby daddy?

Lyon796Lyon796about 2 months ago

This is a great sequal. You have left no doubt that they have a great marraige and that it is HIS baby. Your setup of a perfect dinner and a discussion of there being three of them from then on made it seem as though she had reconsidered a ‘threesome’. It created a tension that was fully and hapily resolved with her revelation. Thank you for a wonderful short story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You're wrong my friend. It is as good as the first part. A bit more predictable than the first but very good. Keep writing please. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

At least we now have 2 stages of a story, abbreviated of course but 2 is a big improvement

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIWroteThis@IWroteThis
I'm a long time reader and long time writer who finally worked up the nerve to share some of the "naughty" creations that I've never let anybody else read.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES