I'll Always Catch You Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Provided you keep your legs shaved, I'll tell Becky to place you in the next pay grade."

I smiled at her and she returned one to me. "I've been messing with you a bit. You can wear dress pants if you want, and you can leave the stockings or hose at home as well. However, that being said, you still need to shave your legs."

"Becky told me that already."

"She did?"


"Yeah, but you know I kind of like coming to work dressed like I have been. I get a lot of respect from people. And you know what? I like that feeling."

I was about to say something when I reached out and tried to grab the back of the sofa. The next thing I knew my head was on the floor, and all I could see was Lisa's shoes.

Chapter Thirty-Four

Everything was blurry. I blinked several times trying to get my eyes to focus. I heard voices. At last I was able to get a clear image of my surroundings. I had tubes in both arms and wires stuck to my chest.

"Where am I?"

"Ah, Mister Beck, nice of you to join us."

My head flopped about.

"Settle down. You're in the ER."

"What happened?"

"A doctor will be in to explain it to you."

"I have a girlfriend. A skinny little thing with long brown hair."

"She's been waiting outside since you arrived. Would you like to see her?"

"Of course."

The nurse disappeared and a minute or so later the curtain rings squeaked as they parted and in stepped Hannah. Damn if she didn't look good. She held my hand, and I could tell she was upset by her red eyes.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out. Becky called 911 and then she called me. Becky is out in the waiting room, too, along with several other friends. I got first dibs."

About that time a doctor came in. He had on a Daffy Duck smock, and had large bushy eyebrows that looked like caterpillars over his eyes. It was hard not to smile at him.

"What happened? Why am I here?"

"You passed out and hit the floor. You'll be sore for a few days."

"Did I have a heart attack?"

"No, you were lucky. What you do have is an extreme case of hypertension. Your blood pressure was so high; I'm surprised you didn't pop an artery. Your blood sugar numbers are in the basement. That's what made you collapse."

"He's been under a lot of pressure," Hannah said.

"And you are? Does he belong to you?"

"I'm Hannah and he's mine."

"I've written you a scrip for the blood pressure, and you'll need to start eating meals on a regular basis. I would also like you to start monitoring your blood sugar."

"I got it." I tried to move, but the nurse pushed me down."

"Mister Beck, I don't feel you do got it at all. High blood pressure is the silent killer. It doesn't hurt. You were lucky. The next time, you could have an artery blow in your brain, and we'd be talking about you in the past tense. Yours blood sugar is all a mess as well. You'll need to monitor it." He looked at Hannah and continued, "Make sure he's eating right and taking his meds. You're too young to bury your boyfriend."

* * * * *

Hannah took me back to her apartment. We weren't there for an hour when the doorbell rang. It was Becky. Her and Lisa raided my apartment and brought over some clothing. I was lying on the sofa and couldn't make out much of what they were saying.

Hannah came over and sat on the edge of the sofa and stroked my hair. "She's a very good friend isn't she?"

I detected a tone in her voice I've never noticed before. I said, "Yes, I've known her for years. You know that."

I fell asleep on the sofa because the next time I opened my eyes, I heard Hannah in the kitchen. I put my feet on the floor and rubbed the sleep out from my eyes.

"Damn, I haven't had a nap like that since I was a kid."

"That's part of your problem, you don't kick back," Hannah said as she handed me a cup of tea.

During dinner, we ate in relative silence. I guess there wasn't much to talk about, yet I had this feeling that something was off. Way off. I watched some TV while Hannah read a book. When I announced that I was heading to bed, she said she would be in shortly. Hannah has never been late to bed, at least with me. There was something seriously wrong between Hannah and me.

And I didn't have a clue what it was.

* * * * *

The next morning, Saturday, I was in the bathroom doing my usual morning ritual when Hannah walked in. I damn near dropped my toothbrush when I saw her. There leaning against the doorjamb was Hannah wearing a very short pair of shorts, running shoes, and a tank top with spaghetti straps.

"Why in the world are you dressed like that?"

"You've been trying to get me to wear short shorts for the longest time. So you got your wish. Besides, we're going for a walk. A long walk."

"I've never said anything to you about wearing shorts. I've never mentioned it."

"I could tell."

"Tell what?"

"That you want someone like Becky."

And with that, Hannah turned and walked out. A minute later she brought me in some shorts and my running shoes.

"I don't want anyone like Becky, I want you."

* * * * *

We went to Edge Water Park and spent the day walking on the beach and the walking paths and trails. There was something seriously wrong with Hannah, and I didn't know what it was. I did ask her several times, and she brushed it off.

"What did I do that's got you so pissed at me? The doc at the ER said I was supposed to rest and take it easy. If this continues, I think I might want to go back to my place until the storm is over."

"You know what's going on."

"Honest to God, I don't know what you're talking about."

We were walking briskly when Hannah made a detour to an empty picnic table. I followed her.

"I can't do this any longer," Hannah said as she palmed her eyes.

"Do what any longer?"

"Are you sleeping with Becky?"

I was so stunned I shook my head and sat on the top of the picnic table. "What are you talking about? Where in the hell did you come up with that?"

"It's a simple question that requires a simple answer. Are you and Becky fucking?"

"Absolutely not! Why would you think that?"

"You use to tell me you liked that I dressed up for you. Now, it's like you don't even care or even notice what I'm wearing for you. I put on makeup. I wear nice things for you, and you never say a word."

"I'm not having sex with anyone other than you."

"Then why haven't you been interested in me?"

"What do you mean?"

"You use to put your hand on my legs and push my skirt up just to look at them. You'd cup my breasts in the morning and kiss me. That's all gone."

I looked right at her. I didn't have a leg to stand on. The interaction between us has certainly dropped off by an order of magnitude. It certainly wasn't because I was having sex with Becky or any other woman.

"Are we growing apart?" Hannah asked.

"No, of course not. It's...well I haven't been feeling so hot."

Hannah didn't reply. I wasn't making that up. I haven't been feeling like my old self in months, and I was afraid to go to the doctors and find out why.

"I like to watch you masturbate. You know how much I enjoy watching you do that for me. Tell me how long has it been since I got a show?" Hannah asked.

I lowered my head. "I know you do." I shrugged. "You haven't asked me to do it for you."

"Why should I have to ask? Maybe you're doing it for her!"

"That's bullshit and you know it."

While we weren't yelling, we certainly were talking loudly.

"There is something else I need to get off of my chest. Why don't you pay any attention to my breasts? You don't kiss, fondle, or caress my breasts. Why is that? Are they too small for you? It's those damn scars isn't it?"

"It's none of those."

Hannah poked me in the chest with her finger. "I've waited since we've hooked up for you to come on my tits."

"I'm not a God damn mind reader."

"You don't need to be one."

"The hell if I don't. I have you and I have Moose all stuffed in the same five-foot package. I can't make a move without getting permission from both of you. What would you think if I crawled on top of you, whipped out my dick and jacked off on your tits? Would you start to bawl because that was something Moose did to you and now I brought back bad memories? I can't win!"

Before Hannah could answer, two bicycle cops rolled up. They asked us if there was a problem. I told them no, and I tossed Hannah my car keys.

"I'll get a Uber back to my apartment."

I turned and began to walk as briskly as I could away. As I rounded a bend in the walking path, I saw Hannah talking to the cops. They left and Hannah put her head down on the picnic table.

And for Christ sakes, looking back, I don't know what the hell came over me. I can't be mad at Hannah for letting Jason cop a feel, while I did the same thing with Becky that night I undressed her at my apartment. I sure inspected all her forbidden fruit.

As to why I haven't been as attentive to Hannah as I use to be, I have my reasons.

And they were fearfully personal reasons.

Chapter Thirty-five

I turned my phone off, as I didn't want to continue the conversation we were having in the park. I could understand Hannah's frustration to a point. But to climb into my shit for not coming on her tits certainly wasn't my fault. How in the hell was I supposed to know that? I don't have much of a track record when it comes to women, and I don't have scores upon scores of successful encounters with them. The last time I rubbed my dick on a pair of boobs, I got slapped and pushed off the bed. Years back, the kinkiest thing I ever done was with Becky. I fucked her in the ass. I can't imagine what kind of reaction Hannah would have if I rolled her over and tried to nail her in the rear.

Uber got me back to my apartment around five. I changed clothing and went out to eat. I had a few drinks, and I'm glad that I gave Hannah my car keys. A DUI wasn't something I needed. Another Uber got me back to my apartment safe and sound.

I kicked off my shoes, and melted down into my recliner. I channel surfed for a while, and apparently I fell asleep because the next thing I knew, I heard the front door un-lock.

A quick glance at my watch told me it was after eleven that night, and the last ten minutes of the evening news was on the TV. The door slowly pushed open, and I rushed to the kitchen to flick on the lights when in walked Hannah.

"Hannah, if you came over here to fight, then you may as well leave now. I'm not going to fight over something I didn't do."

"I'm not going to fight."

"Well what then?"

Hannah walked into my living room and said, "Jason told me you and Becky were having sex behind my back," Hannah slowly lowered herself down onto the sofa. "If it's true, at least be honest with me and say so."

"It's not true. This needs to end now!"

So I went over to the phone and I called Becky. I explained what was happening. I asked her to come over as soon as she could.

"Who did you call?"

"Becky."

"What!" Hannah stood and I pushed her back down.

"We need to clear the air," I said.

About twenty minutes later, we heard a knock on the door. In walked Becky and to my surprise, Bruce came in as well. Becky went right over to Hannah, and Becky sat on the coffee table in front of her. Becky held Hannah's hand and asked, "Honey, what's this all about?"

Through tears Hannah spoke. "I'm so tired of the pills. The lies everybody keeps telling me. They say I should be happy, but I worry all the time that this life I have right now is nothing but a dream. Even if it is, I don't want this dream to end."

"Hannah, who told you Jim and I are sleeping together?"

"Jason."

"My ex-boyfriend Jason?"

Hannah nodded.

I was sitting beside Hannah, and Bruce on her other side. It was a good thing that nothing combustible was near Becky. I've never seen her as mad as she was that night. She was red hot with anger.

"Hannah, look at me," Bruce began, "On new years day, I asked Jim if there was anything between him and Becky. He gave me his word that there wasn't. I believed him then and I believe him now. The reason why I asked, was because I had fallen in love with Becky, and I want her in my life." Bruce looked at Becky and asked, "Are you sleeping with Jim?"

"No, I'm not sleeping with anyone other than you." Becky took Hannah's hands into hers and said, "Jason lied to get back at me. He's a bastard."

I sucked in a deep long breath and let it out slowly. "Hannah, Jason must have had a reason to tell you this lie."

"You can tell us," Bruce said.

"He said that since you two were doing it, it would be payback time if him and I had sex."

"Why that piece of flaming fuckin' shit!" Becky yelled as she stood.

Bruce jumped up and put his arms around her. "Calm down. Calm down. There's nothing you can do about it."

Becky was fuming mad, and I wasn't so sure Bruce was hugging Becky. I think he most likely was trying to restrain her.

I watched Hannah through out all this. She buried her face in her hands, so I sat back down beside her and put my arm around her waist.

"Everything is fine, just a bump in the road. You believe me now?"

"I ruined everything."

"Naw, you didn't."

Becky calmed down to the point Bruce let her go. She came over to us and said, "This isn't over between Jason and me."

And I knew Jason didn't have a clue what was going to come his way.

Chapter Thirty-six

I wasn't about to let Hannah go back to her apartment. Frankly, I was worried she might try and hurt herself again. For the next few days, she stayed with me at my apartment. By the end of the week, life slowly returned to normal.

Back at the pencil factory everyone was busy as usual. Becky didn't have much to say about that night, and I certainly didn't press her. It was late afternoon on Friday when Becky asked me to meet her at my favorite spot by the corner windows.

"What's going on, Becky?"

"I just got off the phone with Hannah. She said that Jason called and wanted to hook up with her tonight. He was badgering her for sex. Jim, I've got to stop him. He's so slick, and while I don't feel Hannah would fall for his shit, well, there is always a chance she might."

"I hear you. I don't know what to do about it though."

"I've got a plan."

Becky's plan was simple, and if it worked, would be extremely effective. Hannah would agree to meet Jason at a bar. There, while his guard would be down, Becky, Bruce and me would confront him. That she felt would be enough to expose his plans to bed Hannah. I agreed. Simple and effective.

Hannah was on board. Bruce had to work that night, but he said if he wasn't on a call, he'd make sure he'd be close by and come in while on duty. Becky thought it would be a good idea if Hannah wore something a bit risqué for the evening, as sweet bait for Jason.

The plan was put into motion. Becky and I were to be in her car outside the Starlit Lounge. When we saw Hannah and Jason enter, we'd give them ten minutes or so to get settled, and then we'd walk in and confront Jason.

Hannah told us they were to meet for a drink around ten. Becky knew what car Jason drove, and sure enough, at five till the hour, Jason pulled up in his silver BMW. He got out and dashed over to open Hannah's door. Hannah took Becky's word about being a bit naughty for the evening. For when she slipped her legs out, all you could see were legs. Hannah's mini skirt left little to the imagination. Becky gripped the steering wheel with such force I thought she was going to rip it right out of the car. We waited until they were inside, and that had to be longest ten minutes in Becky's life.

"I can't wait any longer," Becky said as she opened her door. She called Bruce on his cell. She was almost at a trot going though the parking lot and I had a time keeping up with her.

It was agreed, that I'd confront him first, and then Becky.

I almost had to chain Becky to the front door, as she wanted to run up and bitch slap Jason. I told her to take some deep breaths, think about what she was going to do first before doing it. She didn't need her boyfriend to file assault charges against her.

* * * * *

You should have seen the look on his face when I walked up to them. His face turned ten different colors of red, and he apparently wasn't able to speak for a minute or so.

"How you doin' Jason?"

"Fine. Fine. Ah um we ah well Hannah asked me to take her out for a drink. She knew you were busy. A drink between friends. That's all."

"Hannah doesn't wear a mini skirt to a dive like this for a drink with the likes of you."

About that time Becky showed up and it was game time! She did in fact bitch slap him. She wailed on him so hard, his ancestors had to feel it.

"You low life cheating motherfucker!"

The place wasn't busy, it was too early, but those that were there certainly turned around and watched the events un-fold that evening.

Jason's hand curled into a fist and he cocked his arm back. "You do what you're thinking, you won't wake up until next week!" He relaxed his arm.

"It was her idea. She wanted me, and you can't blame her for that."

I was about to say something when out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Bruce. Bruce was a big man, but stuff him into his police uniform with all that body armor he wears, God, it makes him look like Godzilla's younger brother.

"Let me put this in words you can comprehend. You tried to destroy Hannah relationship with Jim. You fucked around with Becky, and now you're trying to destroy our relationship. If I so much as see you on the same side of the street as Hannah or Becky... Well I suggest you not find out," Bruce said.

Bruce pointed toward the exit. Jason stood and with his tail between his legs, ran out. We were giving ourselves a few high fives.

"Becky, that worked better than I thought it would have. Hannah, you won't have to worry about Jason for the remainder of your lifetime. Hannah? Hannah?"

We were so busy with Jason, that none of us noticed that Hannah had passed out and was lying face down on the table.

"Jesus Christ! What's wrong?" I tried to shake her awake. I tilted her head back and her eyes rolled back. I only saw the whites of her eyeballs.

Bruce instantly went into cop mode as he spoke into his radio. "Dispatch. Need EMT at Starlit Lounge for unresponsive female approximately twenty-six years of age. Signal one at 22:34 hours."


I couldn't understand what the voice on the other end of his radio said. Bruce told Becky and I to stand clear because the EMT would need room to work.

It was the longest five minutes I ever spent. Bruce held Hannah's head back until the EMTs arrived. They took vital signs and the lack of conversation between the two of them indicated to me something was seriously wrong with Hannah. They put an oxygen mask on her, and inserted an IV. They placed her on a gurney.

"Where are you taking her?" I asked.

One of the EMTs looked over his shoulder. "University Hospital ER."

Bruce pointed at Becky and me and said, "You two ride with me."

* * * * *

Hannah went right into the ER. There was no waiting. Whatever it was, there was no time to waste filling out insurance forms. Becky and I sat in the ER waiting room. Becky had her head on my shoulder and fell asleep.

It was around two in the morning when a doctor approached us. I woke Becky. As she rubbed sleep from her eyes, the doctor said, "Did you two come in with my patient?"

"Yeah we did. How, how's she doing."

"She's going to be fine. It was a bit touch and go for a while, but she going to be okay."

"What the hell happened?" I asked

"Do you two know what Roofies or Whitleys are? Sometimes on the street it's called the forget me pill."

"Those are date rape drugs," Becky said.

"To be specific, it's the date rape drug called Rohypnol. Your friend had three times the amount in her for someone her size. At those levels, Rohypnol begins to shut down respiration. Do you know how she got the drug?"

123456...8