I'm Done

Story Info
A neighbor in need makes a betrayed man question his resolve.
20k words
4.34
18.3k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IJS0904
IJS0904
1,674 Followers

As always, thanks as always to Todger65 for editing and insights.

I'm Done

A neighbor in need makes a betrayed man question his resolve

~~~~~{}~~~~~

My attitude toward women definitely played a part in what happened. For the sake of clarity, it would probably be a good idea if I explained how my attitude took a radical turn from a romantic that worshipped his wife to whatever it was I turned into. I do know this for a fact, Marcy was the turning point.

Marcy and I had been married for three years and I worshipped the ground she walked on. I had scored way above my level and I knew it. I worked at keeping our marriage as fun and sexually gratifying as possible. I didn't just watch porn for inspiration. I studied what science knew on any number of sex related subjects from Tantric sex to light bondage. I knew every inch of Marcy's amazing body and could arouse her in moments.

Marcy was ecstatically joyful in our sex life. She loved to fuck without a doubt and was very adventurous. We didn't just satisfy each other, we left each other excited for the next round. Our sex life was wild, varied, full of fantasy, and between just the two of us. Well, three of us. Marcy's best friend Bella was her confidante. I knew that Marcy shared a lot with Bella, but I didn't find out that she shared everything until it didn't matter anymore anyway.

As I mentioned, Marcy was adventurous and we often talked about swinging, sharing, and so on. Marcy knew well my feelings on either of us fucking someone else. I didn't marry her to share her. I married her to seal the promise I made to be hers and hers alone for all my life. I expected the same fidelity from her. I considered our discussions as a way to understand things like sharing, and as a good way to heat up our fantasies.

Marcy and I were snuggling one evening and just talking. Somehow the subject got onto sharing and swapping. Marcy rolled in my arms so she could look at my face, "You can't say you don't get a bit of a thrill thinking about fucking another woman. I'm not saying you're going to. I'm just saying the thought must have crossed your mind on occasion."

I gave her a smirk, "Duh! I'm a man so of course, I look and sometimes I wonder, but I would never consider it seriously."

She raised an eyebrow, "You never think about a little variety? Fantasize about a little strange with no strings? Ponder picking up some little hottie and having a little fuck for fun?"

What the fuck? "Why would I want any of that? You give me everything I need and I can't imagine some stranger making me feel the tiniest bit as good as you do. So, the answer is 'No', I don't think that way. Do I notice an attractive woman? Of course. Do I wonder what she would look like naked? More often than I care to admit.

"That's fantasy stuff and a million miles from actually screwing another woman."

She gave me a sly look. I knew that look. It was the one she used when she was about to fuck with me, "You would absolutely never do it, without a doubt? What if I said it was all right? What if I wanted you to? What if I found the woman and brought her to you?"

That was an easy set of questions to answer. Way too easy, but I told her the truth anyway, "Nope. Not interested."

That's when she dropped her bomb, "What if it was Bella?"

I'm sure she thought she would stun me with that question. The thing is that Bella hits on me every time she's around me. Never once has she not taken a shot. Never once have I not flirted with her unmercifully. And, never once have I come remotely close to doing anything sexual with her. Bella is gorgeous, single, and a joy to be around. If I had never met Marcy and had met Bella, I have no doubt I would have fallen for her hard. In the world I live in she is my wife's best friend and my friend. The idea of fucking her for pleasure and putting everything I love at risk makes my chest hurt. I could never fuck Bella because the guilt alone would cause incurable shrinkage.

I answered without hesitation, "I don't care what the woman's name is. I'm not interested."

Marcy looked at me puzzled, "Here's what I don't get. You are one of the most open-minded and accepting people I have ever met. Yet, on this subject, you couldn't be more ironclad in your opinion. I'm having trouble understanding what the big deal is if I'm asking you to do it."

I looked at her hard, "Are you asking me to fuck your best friend?"

Her eyes got wide, "No! That's not what I meant you perv. What I meant was if I didn't have a problem with it and welcomed you home with open arms, what would be the harm in you having a little sexy fun?"

I shook my head, "For the sake of argument, let's assume that I don't feel as strongly as I do about our marriage vows. Let's also say you want to set me up with a woman. It can even be Bella if you want. I'm assuming here that what's good for the gander, is also good for the goose. It would seem only fair that you get to fuck the hunk of your choice.

"I would never agree to that. I will not share you with another man for a lot of reasons. We don't just love each other. If that were the case we could have just decided to live together. We love each other so much that we married and we promised to only be with each other. We made a lifetime commitment.

"Now, you talk about it just being a fun little fuck like it would be meaningless. This isn't borrowing the neighbor's car. This is giving your body to another man so he can be as intimate with you as I am. It might be fun at the moment, but I promise it wouldn't be meaningless to me."

"It would crush me. I'd feel like I failed you in some way and you needed another man to give you what I couldn't. I'd wonder why you never came to me and gave me a chance to give you what you need. It would hurt to know that you could easily set aside your love for me to be with another man."

Marcy frowned, "I understand what you're saying, but given that permission was granted, I don't think it would make my love for you any less at all. In fact, I think the fact that you trusted me to have some fun and come home to you, would make you even dearer to me."

I shrugged, "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. But, just for the sake of discussion, let's say we were both fine with it and it happened for both of us. What if he's abusive? What if she gets pregnant? What if either of them has an STD? I'm supposed to send you off to fuck someone either I don't know, or barely know, and trust them to keep you safe?

"What if everything goes perfectly for you and you have the best sex of your life? I know I'm a good lover, but you won't find my name at the top of the list of the best lovers on earth. There are better lovers out there. Me sharing you is like I'm holding you up and daring fate to steal you away. Fuck that. I worry enough about you finding someone better and leaving me. The last thing I'm going to do is help that happen."

Marcy just looked at me for the longest time, "Well, I think you're being darker about it than you need to, but I'm glad we talked about it."

Life went on and a few months passed. Marcy never returned to the swapping or sharing discussion, though we did continue to feed our fantasy life. We went out most Saturday nights and Bella nearly always went with us. The three of us had a great time together and the two women would wear me out on the dance floor. The club we liked to go to wasn't far from our home and we liked the atmosphere. Recently I noted some new faces that were becoming regulars.

The new faces were attached to a group of guys that I discovered played professional football. They varied between four and six in number. They came as a group and left individually, usually with a hot chick on one arm and sometimes both. They tended to hang out in the VIP area which meant they were about as far away from our usual table as they could get and still be in the same building. I was perfectly happy with that arrangement.

I didn't know it when I got up to go to the men's room, but that evening marked the beginning of my attitude change. The wait was only slightly intolerable and I finally felt the relief that is only surpassed by an orgasm, or a good shit. I got myself situated and turned toward the door. Two of the football players were standing just inside the door. Everyone else had disappeared. I knew something wasn't right but didn't have a clue as to why.

I took a step toward the door, but the football players didn't move. These guys were professional athletes and the only way they were moving is if they wanted to. The one on my right tilted his chin up, "Didn't your momma teach you to wash your hands after you take a piss?"

I shrugged, "The guy next to me was pissing all over the sink. Anyway, my dad taught me how not to piss on my hand, so I'm good. You mind letting me out?"

They both held up their hands palms out, "Nah, we're all just gonna hang out here for a while."

What the fuck is going on? "I don't suppose you guys would care to tell me why you won't let me leave?"

They looked at each other and grinned, then the one on the left turned his gaze on me, "You'll find out soon enough."

I pulled out my cell phone and noticed I'd been gone from Marcy and Bella for almost twenty minutes. I started to call her, but a massive paw grabbed my hand, "Put the phone in your pocket and leave it there."

A while later his buddy's phone went off and he looked at a text. He looked up at his teammate and walked out the door. The teammate let go of my wrist and followed him. I walked out right behind them and headed to our table. When I got there Bella was sitting alone, "Bella, where's Marcy?"

Bella looked up at me and the look on her face scared the crap out of me, "She left."

I was completely confused, "She left? Why would she leave?"

Bella grabbed my hand, "Sit down Dan. I have to tell you something."

I sank onto the chair knowing something really bad was coming. Bella looked up at me and a tear ran down her face, "She left with a football player Dan. I'm supposed to tell....

"She left with a football player! Why would she do that? Those fucking football players held me fucking hostage in the restroom."

Bell gripped my hand hard, "Dan! Listen to me! She wants me to tell you that she'll be home soon. She said it's just a little fun and it doesn't mean a thing. She said now you can have some fun too."

The next thing I remember I was outside. I fumbled with my key fob. I couldn't see it and Bella grabbed it from me. The next thing I know she's pulling into my garage. Then, I'm on my couch and Bella is next to me, "Dan, please! Dan, I need to tell you the rest of it."

"Marcy and I go to the club for lunch a couple of times a week. The football players come in for lunch sometimes too. One of them started talking to Marcy and the next thing I know; he was joining us for lunch whenever we go in. Eventually, Marcy started meeting him for lunch alone. Nothing happened between them, but I guess it was building up.

"Marcy decided that she wanted to fuck him, but she knew you would never agree. She thought that if you had your own experience you would understand and everything would be fine. Then she told me that now was my chance.

"Dan I promise you I tried to talk her out of it. I told her she was making a huge mistake, but she wouldn't believe me. She said, "Dan loves me more than anything. He'll understand after you two become lovers."

"Dan, I told her there was no way I was going to do it. I told her that I refuse to let her use me to manipulate you. She told me that if I loved you like she thought I did I would. I called her a selfish cunt and she laughed. She thought I was joking even though I screamed it at her. She's convinced herself that there is nothing wrong with what she's doing. I think that's why she pulled the stunt she did tonight without telling me beforehand. She knew I'd tell you if I found out what she was planning."

My eyes bored into hers, "Why didn't you tell me about this football player? At least I could have fought for her! I could have talked to her and tried to change her mind."

Tears began to fall, "I told her I was going to and she asked me to wait. She said she was going to talk to you about it tonight. Then she pulled this."

I didn't know what I was feeling, so I went with numb, "She expected you to fuck me and change my mind?"

The tears kept coming and Bella choked back a sob, "I'm so sorry Dan, but I told her a long time ago how I felt about you and she used it against me. My so-called best friend used my love for you as bait to get me to go along. It didn't work Dan. I'm not here as your consolation prize. I'm here because I love you and you're my friend."

I wanted to scream at her and blame her, but in my heart, I knew she was just as much a victim as I was, "Your friendship is welcome Bella. As far as the rest of it goes, I can't imagine being less interested in having sex than I am right now. The love of my life is fucking another man and I feel like I'm about to die."

I got up from the couch and fetched the whiskey. Bella and I sat together in silence drinking.

I woke up at ten the next morning with a pounding head and was overwhelmed when the events of the night before landed on me like an anvil. I made myself shower and dress before heading toward the kitchen. I didn't have a plan. All I was doing was putting one foot in front of the other. I went about the business of making coffee before I noticed Bella asleep on the couch.

I was staring off into space when I felt her hand on my shoulder. She rubbed my shoulder for a moment, then poured herself a cup of coffee. She sat down across the table from me, "What do we do now Dan?"

I shrugged, "Her phone's off, and I have no idea where she is. The only thing I can do is wait until she gets home. She said she would always come home. I just never thought she would need to after..."

Bella left a little while later and made me promise to call her as soon as Marcy came home. I told her I would. Marcy didn't come home that day. I was frantic and called the police. Based on a description provided by Bella they quickly determined who the football player was. Then the officer told me what they could do, "We can knock on his door and ask to see your wife. If she is unharmed and is there voluntarily there is nothing else we can do.

Bella was standing next to me an hour later when they came back. The officer gave me a sympathetic look, "We went to the player's home and your wife was there. We asked her to sit in the squad car away from him so she could talk freely. She told us to tell you she is fine and not to worry. She thanked us for coming by and went back into his house."

"Mr. Stephens, I am sorry that this has happened to you, but I have to caution you to control your emotions. Your wife has made it clear that she is there of her own volition. If you confront her, him, or both of them, you will be in the wrong and your life could get much worse."

They left and Bella soon followed. She didn't want to leave, but I didn't want the company. Weeks went by without a word from Marcy. Nearly a month later I was leaving the house when a man wearing a nice suit stopped on the sidewalk and looked at me, "Dan? Dan Stephen's?"

He walked right up to me, "It is Dan Stephen's isn't it? You live here?"

Dumbfounded I studied his face, "Yeh that's me and this is where I live. Do I know you?"

He held up his cell phone as if reading something on it, then reached inside his jacket and pulled out an envelope. He tossed it to me and I caught it, "Hold that up, Dan."

I didn't set out to follow his instructions, but the result was the same. I meant to hand it back to him and as I tried to do so I heard the shutter sound come from his phone. He'd just taken my picture and as my mouth opened to ask him what the fuck he was doing he slipped the phone into his pocket, "Dan Stephen's, you've been served."

He turned and walked away leaving me in total confusion. I walked back into the house and opened the envelope. Inside was a cover letter on the letterhead of some legal firm along with a bundle of legal documents.

I sat at the kitchen island and began reading the letter.

Dan,

I know this letter is confusing coming as it is on my legal counsel's letterhead, but I have been advised that it was the only proper way to do it. They asked me not to write anything, but I felt it was the least I owed you.

I never planned on things happening the way they did. I did plan to be with Joseph and I did plan to come home to you. I thought that after spending time with Bella you would understand and see that it wasn't all that big of a deal. What I never planned on was how Joseph stole my heart. I'm in love with him and he wants to marry me.

Bella has been in love with you for a long time and I know you have feelings for her. I choose to think I did you both a favor by getting out of your way. Now I've found new love, and you have yours.

Joseph and I don't want to make this harder than it has to be. The divorce contract that my lawyers have provided will give you most everything except a few mementos that my counsel will arrange to have picked up.

I don't think it would be good for either of us if we were to see each other again. I didn't set out to hurt you and I hope that Bella will soon make you forget me. There is no reason why we both can't be happy. I think this is the best for both of us.

Sincerely,

Marcy

I think that if I had a gun in my hand at that moment I would have ended it right there. My marriage to the love of my life was dead at my feet and all I had left were tears. Bella came by the house a few hours later and I showed her the letter. Then I sat her down, "Bella, I don't know what your expectations are. I hope that you don't have any because you didn't ask for any of this and I don't want to hurt you. I need you to know that I have valued your friendship and in another world, I would gladly give us a chance. This isn't another world. In this world, the woman I loved more than life left me for another man. In this world every time I see you I think of her. It would never be you and me because Marcy's shadow would constantly be hanging over us. I realize now that I was never intended to be in love with a woman. There is something about me that isn't quite good enough to keep a woman happy.

"I don't know what's going to happen, but I know that I can't see you again. I'm sorry if I've hurt you, but seeing you is almost like seeing her and the pain is too much. You don't want me anyway. I'll never make you happy in the long run. I would fail with you just like I failed with her."

We were both crying and she tried to reach out for me, but I took her hand instead and walked her to the door, "Have a good life, Bella. You are wonderful and you deserve a wonderful guy. Goodbye, I'll miss you."

I closed the door and found the whiskey bottle. The next afternoon I took the divorce contract to our, now my, lawyer. She read the cover letter and contract, then sat back in her chair, "Jesus Christ, what a cruel thing to do. I never dreamed that she could do something like this. I'm sorry Dan, you didn't come here for my personal opinion.

"My advice is that you sign it and do your best to move on. The terms are the most one-sided I've ever seen, and they are all in your favor. You also have to consider the downside if you don't. Her legal team is top-tier. The legal fees those yahoos are charging are at least ten times the value of everything you jointly own.

"That tells me there is serious power behind this. What's lying on my desk is the carrot. Believe me when I say that you don't want to experience the stick. If you don't sign they will make your life a horror show and they'll do it all using the law. They'll tie you up in court until you run out of money. They'll come at you from every direction and before they're done you'll lose your money, your job, and most of your friends. The best legal minds in the country will set out to destroy you and they will succeed.

IJS0904
IJS0904
1,674 Followers