In Dreams She Came Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How much MDMA?" I asked.

"Well, it wasn't that much," the doctor explained. "Your body gets rid of about half of it in the first eight hours. Since this was last night, I'd estimate it was no more than a single dose of about 80 to 100 milligrams."

"Sorry, Doc," I interrupted. "I don't know anything about what a normal dose is. Is that high or low?"

"Based on my experience, I'd say it is a typical recreational dosage. Everyone handles MDMA differently, but a woman, Jenny's size, should have had moderate effects of the drug, nothing extreme." He excused himself and told us that a nurse would escort us out.

"Doctor?" I called out, catching him at the doorway.

"Yes?"

"Is there any way to test for more obscure chemicals, herbs, and things?" I asked.

"We sent a sample off to a lab to do a thorough screening, but it will take a few days for the results to come back."

I thanked him, then pulled my hands free from my wife. "So, nothing that would have caused you to act the way you did," I said as I stood up.

"I think it was a combination of everything," Jenny argued, trying to defend her actions. "I was out of it."

"Right," I said as I retrieved her clothes. "Get dressed."

"Chris," Jenny protested. "You know I wouldn't act like that in my right mind! They did something to me!"

"You did it twice, Jenny," I reminded her. "The first time was at their party, then again last night. Whatever is happening, you seem to like it."

"It's not like that, at all," she countered. I didn't want to fight, so I just nodded.

"Get dressed," I repeated. "Then I'll take you home so you can rest."

"And you'll stay with me?" she asked.

"We'll see," I replied.

Chapter 17

After we returned home, I ran a hot bath for Jenny, then fixed her dinner in bed. After she ate, I laid down next to her, and she curled up against me, her head nestled on my chest as I stroked her hair and shoulders. I had a lot on my mind as I held her. I loved my wife, but I could not rationalize her behavior, nor could I make sense of everything that had been happening to us.

In the distance, I heard that strange howling again. It seemed to grow louder, and nearer, as the natural light in the room began to fade with the setting of the sun. Jenny shuddered. I held her closer, and the orange glow from the fireplace seemed to caress her cheek.

Fireplace?

I looked at the wall, expecting to see the French doors that opened into our master bath. Instead, the wall had no doors, was made of stone, and held a large hearth, filled with a roaring fire. I could feel the heat from it on my exposed skin.

Looking around the room, I was confused to find that I was no longer in my bedroom at all. It looked more like a log cabin, of a very rustic nature. The bed was hewn from raw wood beams and covered with heavy furs. A wood-framed window allowed the dim light of the fading sky in through heavily frosted glass panels.

The howling came again, much closer than ever before. Something stirred inside me in response. I felt compelled to climb from the comfort of the bed and dress. I found a leather jerkin and roughspun pair of pants hanging over the back of an old chair. Instinctively, I put them on and slipped into a pair of black leather boots. As I wrapped a gray wool cloak over my shoulders, the door to the room burst open, and a man stepped halfway inside. He looked vaguely familiar, with long dark hair, pulled back into a braid and a long, thick dark beard.

"It is time!" the man said to me. I knew what he meant and grabbed a sword belt and fastened it around my hips, then picked up the heavy, double-bladed battle ax that rested near the fireplace. I kissed the sleeping Jenny, then followed the stranger out of my house and into the night.

We ran through the quiet village until we reached the small, stone chapel on the north side of town. There, Father Lucius waited for us. "The beast is coming to rescue its mistress," the priest said as he led us around to the back of the church. He raised the door to what must be a crypt, then the bearded man drew his sword and went down the darkened steps. I pulled my blade free and followed him. Finally, the priest came last and lit an oil lamp, which hung on a peg by the bottom of the stairs.

"This way," he said as he headed deeper into the undercroft. We passed by stone tombs and statues, numerous alcoves, and side passages before coming to a stop in a large open chamber. Torches illuminated the far wall, flickering and sputtering. My breath hung in my throat when I saw her.

Secured with chains on each hand, the torchlight shining off her naked body, hung Desdemona. Talon-like claws extended from each finger and toe. Horns poked through her thick mane of red hair, and a long tail snaked around her hips. She raised her head as we approached. She opened her eyes, and, as her gaze locked with mine, I stared deeply into her green eyes.

She smiled with recognition.

"Hello, Chris," she greeted me, her raspy voice similar, yet distorted, her mouth filled with sharp, pointed teeth and fangs. She shook her head as if scolding me, then continued speaking. "She belongs to us now."

I sat up in bed sharply. Jenny groaned and opened her eyes. "What's wrong, honey?" she asked as she cuddled against me more tightly.

"Nothing," I assured her as I kissed her forehead and pulled her closer. "Go back to sleep, my love. I won't let them have you."

In the distance, the howling grew louder.