Isabel, The Beauty Next Door Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm not sure about that, I will put it to her though."

He laughs, "It's not a condition though James, just a thought."

"Okay, well in that case I will be pleased to accept your offer of a job. Obviously, I will need someone to check over the paperwork, but I don't think there will be a problem there."

"That's fantastic James, I look forward to working with you." The call is ended and I can't believe what just happened.

As I get off the train I see Mr. Richards sitting in his SUV waiting for me. I jump in, and he has a huge smile on his face. "I can't believe I received that phone call today. Do you realize how much it was tearing me up to put Isabel through so much pain?"

"I can imagine Harry. So how does it look?"

"Before you called, I did wonder how we were going to do this. Now with your salary on top, I think I have a solution. I will obviously need to talk to Heather about this. How soon do you need to let them know?"

"I got a phone call on the train from Mr. Harris. They have agreed to let Isabel join me in the apartment. So I accepted their offer in principle subject to getting the paperwork checked and signed. I will then find out more details about starting dates later."

"Ok, I have the weekend to go over everything and make sure everything is doable. That should be more than enough time. I will go into work tomorrow and sign the paperwork for a flexible overdraft and loan, but that's already been agreed."

As we drove towards home we discussed the offer and my thoughts on my future employer.

As we turned down the road towards the houses I turned to Mr. Richards, "can you drop me outside the gate. I really should try to avoid Izzy. I run the risk of blurting everything out."

"That might be a wise move, James. If you come over later we will tell her together."

I jump out of the Richards SUV and make my way into the house. My mother was as usual in the kitchen and greeted me with her usual enthusiasm times ten. My dad was also very happy for me, which surprised me a little due to the fact I thought he wanted me to follow in his footsteps. Still, I had text Izzy on the train and was surprised that she hadn't answered. In fact, she still hadn't even read it, and the last time she was on WhatsApp was at one thirty-five. She was fine this morning before the meeting and had a conversation with Sam during my interview. I puzzled over it for a minute but then thought that there must be a rational explanation for it.

My mind was then distracted by my sister who started bombarding me with a lot of questions. I think she was beginning to realize that her second older brother will be going away soon, so I spent a while talking to her explaining what my plans are.

It was a beautiful sunny evening, so with dinner was done I run next door. It was time to come clean and my true love dreams come true.

I knocked on the open back door, at the kitchen table was Mr. and Mrs. Richards are in deep discussion. I presumed it was about Izzy going to Cambridge.

"Where's Izzy?"

"Not sure James. I haven't seen her since I got home. I thought she might have been at yours."

"Nah, not seen or heard from her." Now I was getting a little worried.

Her mother called up the stairs, and Zak shouted down that she was in her room. So I made my way up the stairs to bring her down. This had all the hallmarks of the very first time I approached her closed door, but without a box in my arms. I knocked, and then tried the handle, but it was locked.

"Izzy? Are you awake babes?" There was no answer. "ISABEL."

"Go...away." Came the answer.

"It's me, James," I say a little confused.

It's quiet for a moment, "Isabel baby?"

Then at the top of her voice from just behind the locked door, I hear, "Don't you talk to me ever. I don't want to see you or hear you. I wish I had never met you. I gave you my heart, and you have crushed it under your feet. How dare you show up here as if nothing has happened, I hate you, James Stokes." She is shouting this whilst crying. At that moment I feel a pain spread across my chest. I stagger back like I had taken a blow.

With all the shouting, Mr. and Mrs. Richards came running up the stairs. I turn as they come down the hall. They see the look on my face like I have been shot, and tears running down my face.

"Come on James, in my experience it is best if you leave her to settle down."

"But what have I done wrong?"

"Now's not the time James." Mrs. Richards leads me back downstairs.

"But..."

"James, let her cool down, and then we can see what has upset her so much."

After a while, I walk back out the back door and decide to go for a walk to clear my head. As I walk around the front of Isabel's house and glance up at Izzy's window hoping to get a glimpse of her. The window is empty, with the curtains drawn. I walk out the gate and head down the road. At the bottom of the lane to which our houses are situated is a small stone bridge with a stream running underneath. I reach the bridge and sit on the stone wall. It is a beautiful calm evening, and I can't help think about how it contrasts with what is going on in my life.

I hear a young child laughing coming towards me, but can't see anyone. Then I glance off to my left where a young woman with a pushchair and a young boy are walking around the corner. I smile at them as they approach but then go back to my own thoughts. I become aware of a vehicle engine revving in the distance. I know that straight away that it is coming down the road at quite a speed. I call out to the woman that she should get control of her child and move out of the way into a gateway.

I jump off the wall and make my way to the gateway as well. It doubles as a passing point as well so there is plenty of room for us to allow whatever vehicle to pass safely. As the vehicle gets closer it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I shake my head at the idiot that must be driving at such a speed down a country lane. As I see is a car come into view, the young boy seems to try breaking from his mother's grasp, and run into the road. As the car gets closer her grip slips.

The mother screams the child's name, and everything goes into slow motion. I react to her scream and run out to grab the child just as the car reaches the bridge. I realize that I don't have time to get out of the way. The driver hits his breaks, but it's way too late as he fights to control the car as his tires fail to grip the loose chippings in the road.

There's a screech of metal as the car scraps the stone bridge. There is little time to react and I do the only thing I can think of. I hold the child into my chest and launch myself into the air with my back towards the oncoming car. As my back breaks through the window screen of the car everything goes black as I feel all the air being pushed from my body.

To be continued...

Once again I have left you with a cliffhanger. My apologies for the length of time it has taken to write. I am working full time, so have to fit it in when I can.

Please give me your comments and thoughts. I read each one and thank those who have left kind words of encouragement.

Also, could you be so kind as to leave a score (especially if you really enjoyed the story ;)