All Comments on 'It Took Nothing Away From You'

by ragnarok1

Sort by:
  • 383 Comments
ReadyOneReadyOneabout 3 years ago
I don't want to hear the word "love" from you, Bridget.

Your activities are totally inconsistent with what my understanding of love is. You broke my trust, something that a wife who is really in "love" with me would never do.

Your "love" does not excuse how you hurt me. Your "love" for me does not allow you to give away what you think I won't miss. Your disrespect by sleeping with Greg and your refusal to acknowledge your actions until forced to aren't "love" for me.

You are sorry for the mess you created, but you aren't sorry for having sex with him. Without true remorse, there is no true repentance. Without repentance, I can't forgive.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

Hated it. There is no coming g back from a 3 year affair. Especially with her attitude. She is writen like an autistic person unable to process emotions

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

Funny how important sex becomes to cheating whores when their husbands have it

- 2 stars for the abject stupidity of keeping a cheating whore, and for apologizing for getting sex that she didn't want from someone else

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Very interesting story!

5

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
Good story. 5*****

I'm not sure the ending fits. I get the turnaround and the humor. I just think maybe its out of character for him.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago
as always

its okay when she does it, but he's a cheating asshole when he does. He should've divorced her when he had the chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Genius!

Most stories lack a meaningful ending, not this one. I loved it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I hate RAAC stories

It was good... until the end. I guess I simply don't understand how people can betray the person they love without understanding why that person would have a problem with it. I liked the husband until he did the same damn thing the wife did. Stupid. It's a two star rating for me.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 3 years ago

All because of a promise. I'm sorry, but that is a promise you must break. I didn't like the revenge aspect at the end with football girl, it was wrong just as her affair was wrong. I felt that you may have started this story with that revenge scenario already decided, but since I am not a writer, maybe that is how you guys just do things. I will definitely read more of your work.

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

That was a fun, well written story, but it had some grievous flaws.

.

It was odd that neither the husband nor the therapist pointed out that the wife was far from honest. She was legalistic, and that's a far cry from honest. She was also an idiot. There is no human way that she could have been banging the old boyfriend without knowing it was a tremendous betrayal. When she said that she wasn't sorry that she did it in therapy that should have wrapped up the story. No reasonable man is going to continue in a relationship with a woman like that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The husband is quite the submissive, he is. A whiner, people walk all over him, he whines and they pat him on the head and tell him to go back to sleep. So much wrong with this story: for example, everyone kept pointing out what an HONEST person the wife is. Really? A two year affair behind her husband's back and that's honest???

There can be NO forgiveness without repentance. She was never sorry she did it, she never even pretended to apologize. Yet she demands that he forgive her. The wife strikes me as being cold, pretentious, and supercilious. She's not in love with anybody or anything except herself.

The story was well-written, and, although I found the husband to be lacking in intelligence the story was able to keep me interested to the end. Well done.

mordbrandmordbrandabout 3 years ago
Should have just ditched her

Unless he was sticking around for the kids until he could hoist her by her own petard. Nice revenge though.

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 3 years ago
Took nothing away from you?

Forsaking others wasn’t in the vows?

What a load of horseshit.

And once again, she was seduced and swindled by a lying man. No responsibility, just excuses. Blame someone else and play the victim. She willingly fucked another guy repeatedly and had no regrets or remorse.

Oh, and she got an ex boyfriend a job where she would see him every three months?

How convenient.

Look, I get it people cheat. Its in my own stories. But this refusal to take responsibility for it is hypocritical.

Bottom line, she cheated for community service. Yeah, that's the ticket. She cared.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 3 years ago

I don’t get the idea that you can love someone and excuse cheating through rationalizing it. I could never trust a spouse who did that. Divorced and done.

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_byeabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story! Thanks. Stories that explore the mind and the relationship have far more impact. I find they really help flesh out (all puns intended) the complications of feelings and desires that rage through our days. That is unless you are hear just to rub one out. In that case, perhaps we need a new tag that helps folks sort their reading predilections out earlier in the process.

The closure actually reveals the loophole that Kurt could have used to cover Bridgits "i never said 'to forsake all others' in our vows". She did promise to "Honor" Kurt. Another opportunity?

illjoyilljoyabout 3 years ago
Marriage Counselor

When their main objective is saving a marriage that’s when big red alert fire alarms should be ringing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really enjoyed the story apart from the last page. Up until then I thought this could be a very real life situation dealing with how two people get back from a serious mistake made by one of them.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

The ‘It took nothing away from you’ statement has been used many times in this type of story, it has never worked before, it hasn’t worked here either. Defending the indefensible is an uphill struggle to begin with so this nosedive was inevitable.

And who didn’t see the turnaround at the end coming, the ‘It took nothing away from you’ argument was laid on so thick at the beginning the denouement was a foregone conclusion.

It’s best not to telegraph the punches, try keeping the mystery alive for a while, it takes all the enjoyment out of the reader trying to guess where it will end.

No guesswork needed here, it was predictable mores the pity.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
A LOT OF USELESS COMMUNICATION

which boils down to willpower forever. TK U MLJ LV NV

jasonnhjasonnhabout 3 years ago

Good story, stupid woman. It's seems to be a requirement that the woman has to either be stupid or nasty. Further, after reconciling, as HER needs changed, HE was supposed to simply deal with it. Less sex, deal with it. Can't watch your sports shows a couple times a week, deal with it. Further, her entitled expectation was that he WOULD have to deal with it.

The turnaround was great. He HAD to know that his choice to step out was as wrong as hers was. At least he had a legitimate reason. His wife DID cut him off and almost pushed him out of the house and his friend really was suffering because she had no husband. Rubbing her face in her "It took nothing away from you" mindset was delicious. She never really accepted that she did anything wrong, just that her ex boyfriend mislead her. If it had turned out that the ex really did have a frigid wife, Bridgit would have still felt completely justified.

Bridgit IS untrustworthy. Her concept of fidelity was NOT in sync with his, no matter what their wedding vows said. There is the concept of following not just the letter of the law but also the spirit or intent of the law. Honest people follow the spirit of the law. Cheaters are always looking for loopholes, no matter how flimsy. Kurt simply made use of the same loophole. Of course cheaters don't like it when their own deviousness is turned against them.

The story is left somewhat unresolved. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."? How about a man scorned? A woman is entitled to her fury but a man is not? Maybe he is misinterpreting "till Death do us part" but that is common when you can't trust someone. You always question their motives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
God...that was one cucked hubby...

She says her wedding wives did not include forsaking all others ..so it wa son to do so...

What ha s happened to Ragbarok? Has he started shrinking balls?? Throughout the story the only thing that came to the fore as the innate desire to forgive a cheating whore .....every possible reason was sought to justify her actions ...to avoid a divorce ...to get back as a cuck!!!

Time to place ragnarok on the same drain plug as mattmoreau and his ike

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaabout 3 years ago
Readyone has the right idea... No love.

Bridgit knew having sex with her ex was wrong, even under the pretense of a 'promise '. But it took nothing away from their marriage, or so she says. Then why didn't she tell her loving but unknowing husband the reality of her quarterly reviews in Chicago? Because she knew it was wrong and it would destroy her husband and marriage. If she was so smart, why didn't she try to find out if her lover was telling the whole truth about his marriage? She foolishly believed he wouldn't lie, like her. NOT. If I was Kurt, I would have divorced her anyway. She was cheating for over 2 years. She showed absolutely no respect, or real love for her husband and family. But if course, in the end, it evened out. This was a really good tale of suspicion, infidelity, and reconciliation. 4/5 stars

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago
Was the turnabout ending . . .

. . . a sop to the Burn the Bitch crowd?

After years of working past Bridget's affair, Kurt turns around and does the same thing. Some will see that as appropriate revenge, and Kurt certainly put it that way, as he totaled the number of extramarital fucks had. It does, I suppose, limit the number of 1* fag cuck shit comments.

It could be taken as an indicator that even though Kurt had forgiven Bridget, their marriage was irreparably altered, but somehow, that's not how I read it.

Which old saying is true: "Turnabout is fair play," or "Even Steven never is"? It seems like both apply to this story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Forgiveness - In order to forgive her, she must 1) Agree to not do it again; 2) Admit that what she did was wrong; 3) Say that she is sorry. Simply being "sorry" isn't enough if she's not going to stop.

/

Selflessness isn't just being willing to do something you might not want to do, but NOT doing something that you want to do.

/

"He told me that he and his wife were experiencing intimacy problems and he needed to feel the touch of a woman." - She actually bought that line? Every pussy hound in the world uses that line, or, "My wife just doesn't understand me," or something similar.

/

"The only problem we have is that all he ever wants is a Wham-bam-thank you- ma'am, and he hardly ever wants that!" - Ha! I knew it!

/

Why wait to have Liz call? Do it at the next session, give Bridgit a wake-up call.

/

Was her cheating with Gary that well known, that other guys feel that she's fair game? Sheesh!

/

"I just don't have the desire like I used to." - According to The Cheaters' Handbook, that entitles him to have lovers.

/

I don't care for the revenge affair, despite what I said above, that was intended as sarcasm.

gaforrestgaforrestabout 3 years ago

Always enjoy your writing, but I would have divorced her....

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago
Enjoyable story. Nice twist

I must be losing my marbles. Or experiencing weird sense of "having read this story before." Perhaps about 6-8 years ago??? Anyway, nice read.

To have a wife cheat after 15 years and three children. First emotionally for 3 years with physical cutting in for 2 years... Well, even though "only" 3 days every 3 months. It makes the decision difficult. Divorce or stay together for the children's sake?

Thank you. Cheers.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 3 years ago
What

Absolutely mndless drivel.

1*

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

He was a bit of a wimp. He let the therapist browbeat him into giving up the divorce that his wife needed. Her attitude was absolutely horrid, what a bitch, I took nothing from you, what a load of BS. The therapist backed the wife thru and thru, she was a self important bitch too.

I score this 3/5, it could have been a 5 but just never got there.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 3 years ago

Love it.

Isn't it amazing how one-sided cheating can be?

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

I am dense, but I do not understand the end: "In the morning I woke and looked up at the decoration on the wall. It was a plaque that had a quote from our weddings vows. It read, {To Love, Honor, and Cherish, till Death do us Part.}

I think Monday I am going to cancel my life insurance." What does that mean?

Anyhow, the story is well written, but the plot of a guy in "need" of intimacy is very old, and there was very little new in this story.

There is an internal inconsistency in the the story's acceptance that the wife was honest. The author accepted that banality. But wife was NOT honest. One can lie or commit fraud by failing to tell the truth when the full truth is required. Every time that the wife left for the conference and did not tell her husband that she would be living with another man was a fraud on the marriage. And, if wife said anything about the conference but did not say anything about her adultery, that was a plain lie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Happy he got some at the end

But I don't see how he could get over what she did for 3 years and never was really sorry and if he had not had that call with Gary heard she would still be doing it.

Why is he still staying? He should keep the girlfriend.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 3 years ago

5 stars for a well written story.

Yeah the main character was an ass for cheating on his wife after waiting the 8 or 9 years after his wife's affair. He should have done that early on if he was so inclined.

But I do like him using her own asshole line of not taking anything away from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

so why would he keep the slut after he found out she had been screwing her old boyfriend for two years that was the time to burn the bitch to the ground not keep the whore

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

Up the story is that the issues raised in the marital therapy which were never actually resolved. For example when the wife refused to choose apologize to what she did. A husband is about to have a blow out and the therapist and the session .... But that issue is never talked about when the next therapy session occurs.

Why doesn't the wife think she did nothing wrong ?worse tomorrow why doesn't she value her husband's feelings or his Thing?

The wife Suddenly gain a Close after she hears this guy lie about what happened on the phone call is pointless.

The significance of the wifes pathetic lega6litic argument that she never took a certain type of bow therefore she has the right to Fuck other men is the key stumbling block in this story and the reconciliation

Istory really don't work because that key point is never talked about

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Relationship Rationalization

Nicely written story highlighting the pitfalls of Relationship Rationalization. Thanks for the offering.

Nice twist having Kurt use Bridget's justification "It Took Nothing Away From You" to enable him to balance the relationship scales - "Seems we are now even."

The marriage counseling episodes were predictable in that Bridget was never held accountable for her behavior choices. When a councilor starts from the premise "I'm here to save this marriage" then everything is about rationalizing behavior and forgiveness is an expected outcome. Cheating is rationalized and is categorized as no big deal and similar as overdrawing the checking account. Letting Bridget skate based on "forsaking all others" wasn't specified in their marriage vows is pretty lame. So do we need to actually draw up legal contracts regarding relationship duties and expectations with contractual penalties built in for breach up contract. Just beware the small print, eh?

Of course based on the story Bridget and Kurt never updated their relationship agreement in regards to sexual relations inside and outside the marriage. So, Bridget can't get her panties in a wad because she neglected her wifely duties to provide sexual pleasure and actives to her husband. She failed to live up to her part of the marriage relationship so, he felt entitled to look else for satisfaction. As he said, her certainly didn't take anything away from her and she pretty much encouraged him to seek entertainment else where since her TV shows where more important. Kind makes you wonder why they were so cheap they didn't by an additional TV. Not that Kurt was complaining since it all worked out to his advantage.

Karma's a bitch in this case her name was Terry.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

She could argue it took nothing away from him all she wants to, when he left it took his family away from him whether she likes it or not. Also, while forsaking all others may have been omitted from the vows where is rhe honoring and cherishing in having an affair? Finally if she prides herself on her honesty how could she have an affair without being honest with her husband about it first? Five stars

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago
Great story

loved the twist on page 5. Tied everything up beautifully! Well done.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago
How to rate this story?

Nothing against your writing skills, which are exceptional, but this story line sucks. Once she started explaining why she had an affair, and intended to continue. He should have left her sitting in that office and hit the road. Than at the end for him to keep count of the times he slept with Terry, life is too short move on.

taylorsamtaylorsamabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story very much till the end. It seemed like you didn't finish it. Was that your point?

tvlg71343tvlg71343about 3 years ago

The last line had me laughing hard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I guess....

It is not over until the fat lady sings.

Brilliant, caused one of the most sincere snickers I have had in a long time!

Another masterpiece, high to the right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have read something similar where the wife is a pathological promise keeper.

"We had promised each other that we would always be there for each other," you can absolutely be there for someone without sleeping with them. Add the end of her excuse "whenever possible" if she truly believes that part of being there for someone includes screwing... I mean sharing tenderness, then it ceased to be 'possible' as soon as she agreed to be exclusive to Kurt. All without breaking her promise.

>

"It took nothing away", given all the talk of trust I'm surprised no one picked up the 'elephant in the room' along with the other elephants. It took his trust away, it may not if he had not found out, but he did...

>

I'm surprised Mary took them back, he obviously had not forgiven Brigit, or he would not have started his affair with Terry. Hanging around for 10 years only to do that is a #1 dick move and a waste of a decade for both of them and the kids, who have to live through this.

>

I will admit you had me wondering what the slap was for and even until it was revealed I thought it was just going to be her reacting to the realisation Terry was in fact a she.

>

The writing was fine, the trouble was the characters - a pair of arseholes married to each other, who neither said sorry for what they did (thankfully Mary picked up this) and obviously he's a vindictive wanker seeing an opportunity 10 years later and taking it. The counsellor wasn't great, missing obvious open goals.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

So from what I gather, in the end the cuck is stuck in a sexless marriage once more?

PeelercrabPeelercrababout 3 years ago
If real-is unreal

Once you catch someone you love lying about running around, if it happens again you had better bail out. It only will happen again and you knew the first time proved there would be no real consequences. Sadly how often you know something is wrong before you catch them. It seemed to me she played me like a virtuoso violinist right up until she was playing a kazoo. When I figured it out I walked out the door and never in 50 years ever said good bye. But to this day I wish I had the chance to get even like he did. It is filed somewhere between "What goes around comes around", and "What you sow so shall you reap".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The last page ruined the story.

When his wife goes thru the "change" he needs to decide whether or not to accept the fact that his sex life has "changed" too. Obviously he decided that he hadn't changed at all and it was time to move on. If he's canceling life insurance he needs to cancel his marriage with a divorce. I hate unfinished stories.

2 stars

MapleMilkMapleMilkabout 3 years ago
There is no meaningful ending.

I was trying to decide between 4 and 5 stars. Then I got to the end. Now I'm trying to decide between 3 and 4 stars.

Based on her own reasoning, which she never accepted as wrong during the original counseling sessions, Brigdit has no grounds to object to Kurt's relationship with Terry.

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 3 years ago

Felt like I was reading a dirge on a never ending loop.

I’m not sure there is a proper category for this story on LIT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another incredible portrayal of a cuckolded husband and a cheating wife with a golden heart by ragnarok1. But it's the MC's boss("don't let your "fragile male ego" come in the way to forgive your cheating wife") and the counselor ("I'll try my level best to show that the cheated spouse was equally responsible for the mess and help the cheating spouse get away with it with minimum scars") who really stole the show.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
QUESTION?

So far this is the only story of yours that I have read. Are all of your Male characters such pussies??

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

Even if the ending is funny, it still doesn't make sense. Why would someone want to be with a woman who can easily cheat on them 12 days a year? Even if the talk took place at the counselor's, it doesn't change the fact that she consciously cheated! And then wait 10 years for revenge? That `s not worth it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Terrible

The storyline was ok, but the husband character needs help, seriously. The last page destroyed the whole thing.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago
It's just fiction

This is a very familiar story. I could say a lot of negative things about this story like a lie of omission is still a lie. Such as, how was your meeting? Oh same as always, instead of, "great I fucked my ex-boyfriend twice a day for three days". Or... to forsake all others was not in the vows! Give me a break. Just like when you buy a used car in a private party sale it's an as is sale unless it is stated otherwise. And lets not over look, "It took nothing away from you". Really!!! How about TRUST that this was the first time or it was only sex, it didn't mean anything and I only love you. Well hell, I guess I'm just over reacting.

Folks! It's a story. Fiction. The author can have the characters split, reunite or anything else, because it's his or her story to tell. I know, sometimes I would like to change parts to make it be a bit more harmonious but I'm not the author. So, relax and enjoy the story.

Ragnarok1

Thanks for writing it and keep it up. By the way, I enjoyed him using the same excuses and explanations as her. NICE!

jaythemanjaythemanabout 3 years ago
Reconciliation did not make Sense

Even with counseling, the wife did not understand what she did. She never really apologized, either. Without that, the reconciliation did not make sense. Also, why did the husband wait so long for revenge sex? It should have happened within a year.

Tiger27Tiger27about 3 years ago

I don't buy any of her excuses. It took nothing from him? My ass. Time to do a 50/50 split and move on, in different directions of course.

What I see is a wife who isn't remorseful, nor can she be trusted. Chances are she'll do it again!

Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
TOO FUNNY

just another 1 star WIMP story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
4 pages of cuck bullshit then weak woke-cum at the end

The king of BTB has had his nuts removed and snowflakes sewn into place instead.

What a fucking letdown. The disgust at another author I thoroughly enjoyed specifically for this genre and the excellent writing gone down the tubes, is beyond my ability to describe.

COYSCOYSabout 3 years ago

Good writing, but so much of the story is about the wife’s honesty. How honest is the lie of omission about sleeping with a guy every three months for years. The husband seams a little nutty and the wife is a dishonest creep. Other than that, nice story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Only go to counseling after a cheating spouse is served with divorce papers to get it out of the way. In the session make it clear the only thin you want is to get closure so you can co-parent after the divorce is final.

When the wife goes bark to watch the video of the wedding to confirm if forsaking all others was part of the vows there is nothing left but the lawyers figuring out the custody schedule.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The last line was just stupid. You both suck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
So...

Was she regretful about her extra marital sex because it was a wrong thing to do?

Or was it still a valid option in her mind (if a promise was involved) and she was just sorry because the man she had sex with this time didn't deserve it, in her mind?

Also, the other men working with her is an example of the butterfly effect in her life. She can never know how each thing that she does can affect her life (and her husband's).

In my opinion, the "it took nothing away from you" argument is just BS because one can't say with certainly "it will never take anything away from you".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Punctuating Dialogue

If a paragraph doesn’t begin with a quotation mark, that indicates it’s narrative.

<P>

When one character is speaking and is not uninterrupted by narrative or another character talking, every paragraph starts with a mark, but only the last one has a closing mark.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Sorry.

This didn't work for me.

The most annoying thing here

was talking about love like an on/off switch.

Either you love or don't love.

Really?

What about hate?

Fondness?

Love is an emotion.

Emotions vary.

Who doesn't know that?

1 out of 5 from me.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1about 3 years ago
oh come on voters!

This story deserves better than 3.92, or have you pissed off Florida as well, Rag?

They have young children, so staying together was appropriate.

The wife never accepted what she did was wrong, so he showed her how it felt, turning the tables exactly 100.000%. Maybe the author rushed that bit of it a little and it didn't come across strongly enough. But then, not everyone is a Hemmingway, Wilbur Smith, J K Rowling or Vandemonium1. Yes, the last bit is definitely a joke.

Well done Sir.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 3 years ago
No way...No how

When he found her cheating, she goes out the door. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Sayonara. End of story

MormonJackMormonJackabout 3 years ago

Nice story, thanks for sharing. I accept that this is fiction and you get to write it like you want. Again, thank you!

For my part, I never get this "I took nothing away from you" mindset. It's a rationalization. And a way to help ease the guilt of cheating. I keep wanting to scream, "yes, yes you did take something away." Trust and confidence have been taken away. Her faithfulness was given away. If she had more to give, then she should have given it to her husband.

I also wonder: how could a successful business woman have this personality flaw and be so susceptible that she would fall for the predator's tripe. Truly, I cannot image a person that had this flaw that could manage the rigorous life of a successful business woman. So in the end, she was just lying. Was kinda pleased the guy got his 48 times in to balance things a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A story made from accumulated clichés

You need to try harder

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
What a letdown!

Was a really interesting story until the end, even though it starred yet another in the long line of totally clueless wives that think “it’s only sex, and you didn’t miss out on anything”.

And then you had the husband do the same fucking thing.....without ANY hint that he was predisposed to wanting to do that!

That little gimmick cheapened the tale, and reduced your score from 4**** to 2**.

Pity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This is one...

...fucked up story.

This guy shouldn't be tolerating any of the bullshit the counsellor and his slut wife are shoveling over him!!!

Minus -----1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This may be one of the dumbest, fucking shitpiles I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not worth my time

So she cheats 48 times and he takes her back, then he does it.

Sorry but this story was a waste of time and data usage.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

This story left my head spinning. I may even have a dislocated jaw. Very well written and definitely interesting to read. I guess my two biggest problems is that one Bridgit never admitted nor understand that her cheating was wrong. She was just pissed off that her old boyfriend lied and used her. Then Kurt basically cheats exactly like she did. Just a lose, lose situation and marriage.

Jamborama2Jamborama2about 3 years ago

His list of things he wanted from their relationship didn't even include them not fucking other people!

What other promises has she made? She's supposed to be an honest person who never lies but hiding the affair is lying.

He should have made her promise him fidelity for the rest of their lives. He could have asked to redo the vows or a postnup.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Good story, but I didn't like the ending. She is going to get revenge on him. This marriage is doomed. You shouldn't have ended it there, or it deserves a 2nd chapter.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

This is a great story, and like good conflict-driven fiction it is not bound by the stringent, black-and-white "rules" so many who read and comment here would apply. Or, to paraphrase Mark Twain: when you write fiction, you must adhere to certain precepts of believability, but when writing about non-fiction, there are no such constraints. Ergo, good fiction turns that notion upon its head. Happy endings do not suck!!! Thanks!! 5ive Stars!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Uhm...

what is that life insurance got to do with the story??

I didn't like it much, I didn't like the husband turned into a vindictive person but still a cuck.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

A good enjoyable read. I do like the occasional story where the idiocy spewed by the cheater is spoon fed back to them, especially since its clear they dont care for the taste of it.

Thanks for the chuckle at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Had she slapped me like she did him, I'd have thrown a few straight punches and stepped in with a hook. She'd be worse than a hurting unit. I don't believe any of her bullshit... When you're married you don't do that shit, promise or not...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
hmmm

Okay, she was so very honest but cheated on him, for years?

That doesnt compute.

And 48x over 3 years? Nope, no guy could get past that amount of betrayal.

Also why did you have him cheat, or pretent to do so? Sort of messed up the stories ending.

Well written, but not real believable.

So I would change the story. No way 48x over 3 years could be forgiven, and the ending, well remove him cheating or work it in he was pretending to teach her a lesson. But that should have been right after he found out not years later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not Sure

Not sure but I went from "hate it" to "that was kind of interesting". So settled on 3 stars.

KInd of a long way to go get to turn about. Maybe better score if you could have done in 2 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Typical Fragile Female Ego

She can sleep with another guy and expect her husband to allow it. But if her husband sleeps with some other woman, she gets physically abusive. Typical fragile female ego.

BigJim48BigJim48about 3 years ago
Nothing

That's exactly what she would have gotten after the kids left! She cheated for 3 years! He gets some strange! She hits him @ a company event! Plenty of witnesses for family battery and a lot less money in the ensuing divorce. "I'm out of sight, so having sex with someone other than my spouse doesn't count!" Nope, No, Nein, Het (Net), Non, Méiyǒu, Nei - just about as many ways as I can say NO!

69gman69gmanabout 3 years ago
Just knew the "twist at the end" was coming 5*****

I find it very strange that readers want reality instead of good fiction and humor. Personally, I really enjoyed the story. You did a great good job of creating the tension and hurt Kurt went through, and Mary was a gem great counseling. Of course, the title tells it all "It Took Nothing Away From You" that would certainly chap my ass.

Thanks for making my day, I look forward to your next submission.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago
This had its moments; but it fell short.

It started with the “anonymous” videotape. That is so overdone, overused and simply idiotic. The source of the tape is never disclosed, they never find out what happened after they dropped a grenade into 2 marriages that dont fucking concern them.

So let’s eliminate that because it wouldn’t happen.

Of course, the next 4 pages no longer matter because the affair wasn’t revealed and simply died on its own. Leaving the final revelation. His affair. He cheated and if she’s a piece of shot for cheating, so is he.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

This story sucked! He should've dumped the cheating whore! She was never sorry she did it! He should've got on with his life and left her whoring ass behind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A mentally insane wife...

Doesn't compute. Just silly. Couldn't stay interested enough to finish. You made the wife's behavior and attitude a joke.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
WTF

I'm a civil guy. I would normally never hit or want to hit a woman. In her case, after she smacked me, I would be in jail! Fucking cuckold!!!!

Rob5373Rob5373about 3 years ago
I agree with the rest on this one

Nope, she should have been history. This bullshit, “it took nothing away from us” does not fly. Divorce her.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

How the hell could he forgive a three year affair? He should've divorced the slut for the lack of remorse alone!

Bridgit wasn't honest, she abused legalistic loopholes in their wedding vows to gleefully fuck her ex-boyfriend. If Kurt stayed with her for the sake of the kids, then he should've got her to promise never to have sex with another man, but that never even came up. By her reasoning, they were basically in an open relationship. I wouldn't have blamed Kurt for taking advantage of that every chance he could to get some side action of his own.

I liked him getting his revenge affair and throwing all her justifications back in her face. If she really believed any of the bullshit she spouted about the affair not taking anything from her husband, then Bridgit should've had no problem with him sleeping with Terry.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Was that comment really from HIV or an impostor? Whatever else you might want to say about Harry is that his comments are readable. And aren't there no spaces in Harry's ID?

SikemSikemabout 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing your story. I think you are a good writer.

I am not particularly impressed with the choices you write for the characters. Some felt contrived to drive a strange plot.

Some things seemed silly. Ex. marriage vows not including exclusivity. Are we to beleive that they never promised to be exclusive? See what I mean? Sure for a fun little story, one can push the limits. I think that and other choices you made give the story a grade of 'Meh'.

Entertaining to read. But forgetable.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 3 years ago

Another Ragnarok masterpiece, well done. The interplay between the main characters was keeping in character with what you intended, no Martian Slut Rays involved. And the final line clinched it.

5/5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

You had my heart pounding in the first part as you revealed her affair and sucked us in to his world of pain. Some of the best writing I've seen describing a scorned spouse torn by the pain and love of his children. The wife's excuse and relying on past promises is simply unrealistic or she is truly mentally ill at some level. The rest of the story was solid until the time warp back to the present. Given my statement about the wife, the husband you present through the whole story would not have cheated on his wife like that after what happened years ago. If it did happen, it would be after some discussion between them and an obvious increase of emotional distancing. It would not have been a surprise for Bridgit when she figured it out. I'm a stickler for keeping the characters and story arcs "real" and consistent. As a result, I'm giving this 5* story 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it before it lost energy

The circumstances and emotions felt real, and tugged at my heartstrings. The counseling sessions, and the points they illuminated, were brilliant. But the story ending felt rushed and out of character. It would have been better to maintain the story’s early pace and introspection to reach the same destination. Her ultimate betrayal was that she was willing to abandon her standards to meet the sexual needs of her boyfriend, but years later failed to try to meet the sexual needs of the husband she claimed was her real love. When the story reached that point, I wished he had divorced her early and on. My own wife left me for another man decades ago. While I was crushed in the moment, I never looked for another woman like her. By the following year, I was married to the most wonderful woman I ever met. We’re as in love now as ever. The two wives could not be more different.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

I still don't see what the long ago promise was. Gary lied to her to get in her panties but where was the promise she had to honor? Also, donating some blood to save someone's life is a hell of a lot different than fucking someone for pleasure. That marriage counselor needs a better analogy that that one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

Pretty good story thanks, but I didn’t like the ending very much.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago
Didn't like it

So in the end he is as much a scumbag as Bridget was years ago,justifying fucking around on what she did years ago and actually adding up how many fucks they had. Why did he bother staying together, if he harbored that resentment all those yrs, then he really was fucked up. Blah to both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This one was a tough one to digest

What promise, who is loony tunes enough to cheat on a great marriage over what promise?? This is a real lunatic story line. Really it doesn’t work for me. Just nuts!

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 3 years ago

Consider Hormone Replacement Therapy

My 67yo wife does very well on dermal estrogen and progesterone suppositories. Dermal estrogen is the most natural way to get estrogen into the body.

This is better than oral estrogen, particularly CES, as this gets digested by the liver and turned into quite a few different metabolites, whereas the skin works well.

This is of course with the participation of our doctor.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 3 years ago
No clear direction

I know it's hard to craft a clear story line. This one left me shaking my head wondering what, if anything, you were trying to say.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 3 years ago
At least there was symmetry

So many of these loving wife stories have the absolutely dumbest plot hooks. I am not sure why writers need to use stupidity like her predilection for keeping her promises, which by the way promising to always being there for someone does NOT translate into having sex with them because they have an intimacy problem with their wife, as the plot hook for cheating. Maybe that was the point of this story, that it was a ridiculous reason for cheating. She even went so far as to "review the tape" from their wedding to make sure she didn't break that promise when she started fucking this guy. I am glad that the husband got his own at the end of the story because that was the only part of this that made any sense. I just can't imagine anyone wanting a wife back that did this for the reason that she did. There are so many real reasons to cheat and so few reasons to reconcile that these stories are hard to tell in any meaningful way. Far too many of these stories resort to idiocy on the part of the wife rather than the most common denominators like selfish lust and broken marriages. Then again. hos interesting would those stories be? I will say that I have read some few stories on here about cheating wife's and reconciliation that were good but they are truly few and far between. Give me a good BTB story almost every time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous