Jerry and Londy, A Lifelong Bond Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm so sorry you two. Your dad called this morning and said he'd be home late tomorrow afternoon. I was home alone with my thoughts the rest of the day and they got the better of me. I'm sorry if I scared you guys. You two have been so wonderful being with me and preparing for this. I just don't know how I'll ever make it up to you."

"I'll tell you how, Mom," I said. "Don't give up and don't sell Dad short. We all know how he can be with things he doesn't understand or agree with. But, he tries. You've always said that with a little tact and a cool head, you've been able to bring him around. Yes, we know it's a biggie this time, but you've got us by your side. We can do this, Mom. We need to stick to the plan of softening him up and it will, work. I believe Dad is an open-minded person, but his strict upbringing has stifled him. Maybe together we can start a little crack in that facade he's built.

"How did you two get so strong and wise?"

"We've had two wonderful parents to guide us," Londy answered.

Londy helped me put dinner on the table while Mom sat sipping her third glass. Our kitchen had a walk-in cupboard which Mom always kept well stocked. L made an excuse to go in, calling me to come help her.

"Hey, I'm sorry, but I need to postpone our shower to another time if that's okay."

"Of course, anything L."

"It's just that she has beat herself to death with this, and I don't want to leave her alone. I thought maybe after dinner I'd take her upstairs and give her a nice hot bath with some candles and other girlie stuff. You know how she likes it."

"Um yeah, she's not the only girlie girl in this house. You've got our bathroom looking like the wax museum."

"Alright, smart-ass. Bite me."

"No, that's fine L. Do you want me to steer clear for a while?"

"Um, maybe just give us a few minutes alone before you come in. I would like you to be there though. Just knock before you come in. Okay Sweetie?"

"You've got it L, whatever you want to do."

"Hey, if you guys are finished talking about me, I'd like to eat and soak up some of this wine before I get totally shnockered."

We both laughed, re-entering the kitchen, as Mom gave us the ol' stink eye, as we never could fool her much.

"Sorry, Mom. We shouldn't have done that."

"L's right, we're sorry."

"Oh please, I appreciate your concern. I must have appeared quite the lunatic earlier. Again, I'm sorry if I scared you guys."

"It's okay Mom. We can't even imagine the strain you've been under. That's why we insist on helping to bear the load now that it's the three of us," Londy said.

We sat down to eat, and trying to keep Mom talking and not let her settle back into her own thoughts and despair.

"So what is it to be, shackles and chains overnight?"

"That's what I wanted to do, but Jerry seems to think rope should be enough as long as we tie bells around your ankles in case you get loose and wander the halls in the middle of the night."

"Good thinking Jerry. What'd you two say we get this dinner mess cleaned up and go relax for a while before bed?"

"Our thoughts exactly, Mom. That's what we were talking about in the cupboard. I thought maybe you'd like to relax in a hot bath, and we could sit and talk while you soaked."

Lond, I do believe you know the way to your mother's heart. That sounds very nice, Baby. Jerry too?"

"Jerry too. I just thought you'd like a few minutes with just us first."

"Oh no, everybody together, okay. I insist."

"Anything you want Mom, we're in."

The two of them went on upstairs and started the bath while I finished the dishes. I needed a little time alone to think, anyway. I worried that through my mother's fear of losing Dad, she had built this false image of him in her mind that was no where near the man he was. I don't blame her though, fear of losing someone you love can be a powerful thing. Yes, Dad could be gruff, and would balk at things that seemed to go against his ingrained beliefs. I think deep down, he wanted to shed all traces of his family and their lingering oppressive influence.

I ran upstairs to my room and changed into clean shorts and t-shirt before joining the girls for Mom's bath. The bathroom was aglow with apple and cinnamon candles. Londy had opened a window, letting in a soft evening breeze. Flickering candlelight shimmered across the glazed tile walls.

Mom had already stretched out in a steaming bath accented with her favorite oils. Londy sat alongside the tub as they talked, sponging Mom's arms and legs. I sat on a stool at the faucet end of the tub, prompting Mom to prop her feet upon the faucet. She never said, but I was sure it was a hint at wanting a foot rub, and I was more than happy to comply.

"Oh my, you guys are going to put me to sleep. This is absolutely fantastic, you guys. Thank you so much."

"That's the whole idea, Mom. You've been wound so tight of late. We couldn't let Dad see you in that state, he would've known something was up," Londy said.

"On that note, may I point out something I've noticed?"

"Sure, Jerr, what is it?" Mom asked.

"Well it's just that I've noticed something. Not just you Mom, we're all doing it."

"What's that Bear?"

"We've been acting like the day Dad gets home is D-Day or something. As if the minute he walks in the door he'll know everything, but it's nothing at all. Tomorrow is just another day, with Dad returning from another business trip. It's nothing new, and nothing to spaz over. We all need to throttle back on the paranoia a bit."

"Shit, Bear. You're right. I've totally been doing that."

"Me too. I caught myself earlier today trying to prepare mentally, for his arrival tomorrow, and it hit me. It was like, 'what the fuck are you doing dumbass'?"

"That's my baby boy, wiser than his years. It's more than obvious I've been doing it, given my performance earlier. Well, that just put a different light on things, didn't it? I'm so glad you brought that up. Well my loves, this has been amazing, but the water is getting a little chilly, and I've wrinkled enough."

Londy held up a large towel as Mom stepped out, and into her arms. I grabbed another, drying her back and hair, not letting up on the attention we felt she needed.

We let Mom settle into bed before we sneaked into her room, slipping under the covers with her. We laid there a few minutes before she stirred awake, realizing she wasn't alone. She opened her eyes, and started to say something, but just closed them, drifting off again in the middle our three way spoon.

I woke to find myself alone in Mom and Dad's bed. Londy had a half day, it being her last of the semester, and Mom was most likely downstairs busying herself with housework to keep her mind off things. L left me a text to let her know how Mom was doing.

I grabbed a quick shower before going downstairs. Making my way to the kitchen, I could smell coffee and fresh baked cinnamon rolls, reminding me how hungry I was. While I made myself a cup of coffee I called out, concerned that I hadn't seen or heard my mother.

"I'm out back Jerry, come sit with me."

"Be right there, I'm making a score at the moment."

She laughed, knowing I could never resist her cinnamon rolls. I looked out on the deck to see what she was up to. Much to my surprise she was relaxing in her chaise lounge, legs crossed, and sipping a large mug of coffee. She'd dressed in a pair of denim Capris, a sleeveless blouse, and sunglasses at the ready on top of her head. Mom was her usual self again, which she hadn't been for a couple days now. I let out a happy sigh of relief as I joined her on the deck. I set my plate and cup down, then kissed her on the forehead.

"Morning, Mom. You're looking great."

"Morning Hon. I feel good. Much better than I have been. I can't thank you and Lond enough for last night. It did wonders for me. Today's the first day in a while that I didn't get up with the jitters right off the bat."

"That's good, Mom. I'm glad. There's no need to be that way, this will all work out. Londy and I believe that, wholeheartedly."

"I'm pretty sure I do as well, now. Don't forget to message your sister back with your report on me, you know how she gets."

"You know about that?"

"Well, I do now. You just confirmed it."

"Aw, Mom. I'm sorry."

"Relax, it's okay. I'd be disappointed if you guys weren't checking on me. I think knowing that, is what has given me the strength to throw away all the worry and guilt. You two are the best."

"If that's true, it's only because we came from the best."

"So, Mr. College Grad, what are your plans for today?"

"I haven't thought about it much. Probably just hang out and relax. You need me to do anything?"

"Yeah, how would you feel about being grill master for dinner tonight? I bought some steaks, and corn on the cob for your Dad's first night home. I thought we'd eat out here tonight, the weather is gonna to be pretty nice today."

"Yeah, that sounds great, I'd be glad to."

"Great, he messaged me this morning and said he should be pulling in the driveway about four or so. I'll see if Lond will help me with a couple of other dishes and something for dessert when she gets home."

"Sounds nice, Mom. Welcome back."

I bent and gave her a rather extended kiss. Just a brief reminder of how much I loved her. Going inside I grabbed another roll before running up to my room to message L.

"Hey, Mom says she's feels great, and wanted me to thank you for asking. TTYL."

"Shit, Jerry. You told her? What the hell, dude?"

"Chill, she already figured you would. I'm just bustin' your chops. Really, she's doing great. At the moment she is relaxing out on the deck, enjoying the morning, and a mug of coffee. She even made her world famous cinnamon rolls."

All she sent back was about a dozen bright red, heart emojis.

Dinner went without a hitch. Dad seemed to appreciate everyone's effort to welcome him home. Mom was herself, laughing and joking while sitting next to Dad, holding hands. Londy and I couldn't help but smile at each other seeing Mom at peace with our plan. We were now confident she believed it was going to work as much as we did.

"Hey, what are you two up to, you've been all smiles and giggles since dinner. What's up?" Dad asked.

"Nothing Poppo, were just glad you're back home again. We missed you," Londy said.

"Excuse me, Sir, I'll have you know I haven't giggled for almost a year now. I resent the implication," I added.

"My apologies, kind Gentleman. I stand corrected," Dad said.

"Okay, before you two get into a full blown vaudeville act, who wants dessert? Lond made Key Lime pie with tons of whipped cream," Mom asked.

The evening couldn't have been better. Mom and Dad stayed out on the deck long after L and I retreated to our rooms.

Over the following few weeks, we continued showing Dad our appreciation and affection for him, and for one another. Day by day we laid it on thicker. Londy's clothes gradually became shorter and tighter, as did Mom's. The two of them went shopping, knowingly finding tops that were see through, to wear in front of Dad. Londy and I showed more and more affection for each other, as well as her turning on the charm for Dad. Mom and I let ourselves get caught kissing and hugging in a more than a mother-son fashion. We knew Dad would eventually question the goings on, and we were ready for him.

Everything came to a head about four weeks after Dad's Vegas trip. There hadn't been a family night in a couple of weeks so Mom, Londy, and I kept pushing for a family weekend. No shopping trips, no hanging out with friends, nothing. Dad came around thinking it was a great idea as well. Mom shopped through the week for all food and drinks any of us could want. Friday night we ordered pizzas and started our movie fest, with plans of a family barbeque on Saturday.

Being a family of four, not everyone had the same tastes in film, but we all got to choose a movie to watch. We always tried to pick movies that had something for everyone to enjoy.

Mom and Dad sat in their recliner loveseat so they could sit close to tease, tickle, and play footsie with each other. Londy usually sat in the other recliner, but joined me on the couch, sitting right next to me.

To keep things fair, movie order was chosen by picking numbers out of a bowl. We'd done this since my sister and I were old enough to enjoy more mature films, and being just the family we saw no reason to break tradition. Mom's movie was the first to watch.

A few minutes into the opening credits, Dad noticed L sitting next to me with her hand on my leg.

"Lond, the recliner's open, don't you want your usual spot?

"No, I'm good here Daddy. Maybe I'll kick Bear off later and stretch out a little."

Since launching 'The Plan' as it became known, L had reverted to calling him Daddy every chance she got. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Dad motioning something to Mom about us, mouthing his silent objections. I was sure it had something to do with L sitting so close, and or the fact she had her hand on my thigh. Mom appeared to just shrug her shoulders, tossing her hands in the air.

By the midpoint of the movie, I had turned a little, leaning against the arm and back of the couch with Londy leaning on me, my arm behind her on the back of the couch.

"Daddy, can you pause it a minute please? I have to pee," Londy blurted.

"Sure Lond. Do you have to announce it that way?"

"Oh for shit's sake Drew. Are you that big of a prude?" Mom asked.

"Well she could have just said she needed a minute or something."

"Drew, it's just us here, her family. You used to change her goddamned diapers for Pete's sake. Lighten up."

"Why are you jumping on me like this Anne, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong, is this family is changing, and you're a little behind picking up on it, or you've chosen to just ignore it all together."

Dad just quieted, staring at the still frame on the television. Londy returned, asking if anyone needed anything while she was up. Mom said no and Dad just shook his head.

"Yeah, L, I'll take another root beer if you don't mind. Thanks, Babe."

Not looking at him, I could feel Dad's eyes burning holes in my head, trying to figure out why I called my sister, babe. Before Londy returned, I stretched out on the couch, leaning against the back.

"Alright, you big hog, move," she said.

"There's room, jeez, you said you wanted to stretch out, anyway. Just lay down already, everybody's waiting."

Londy laid in front of me, leaning back, resting her head on my pillow and arm. My left arm rested on my side, with my hand on L's hip. About fifteen minutes back into the movie, I leaned my head down and whispered a thanks for the soda, then blew in her ear, which always made Londy giggle.

"Alright, goddamn it! That's enough. What the fuck is going on here?" Dad yelled.

"What Drew, what?"

"This, them. Are you blind, look at your son and daughter. What the hell are they doing?"

"They're laying together, watching a movie. At least trying to, anyway. What's the problem?"

"It's not natural, they shouldn't be, not together like that."

"They've always been like that Drew, you know how they are."

"No, Anne, I don't know how they are. I've never known. Just what does that tired little phrase mean, anyway? How are they Anne, you tell me?"

Being the peacemaker, Londy leapt to Mom's aid, trying to cool Dad's jets.

"Daddy! Dad!, look at me."

"What, Lond?"

"Look at me. How old am I Daddy?"

"You, you just turned twenty-one, why?"

"Do you think I'm intelligent?"

"Of course I do, very. Why are you...?"

"What about Jerry, do you feel the same about him?"

"Yes, London, I do. I'm very proud of the both of you."

"Do you think he would ever hurt me, in any way?"

"NO! I could never even imagine such a thing. Why are you asking me this?"

"Besides you and Mom, Bear is the only other person on this planet that I trust with my life, and my heart. Yes, we go against the paradigm as far as 'normal' brothers and sisters, but, you can't say it's not natural. We've never suffered abuse or a traumatic event to bend our minds. You and Mom certainly did nothing to cause us to be different. Bear and I have a love we can't explain, and don't feel the need to. If you want a better label for what we are, you're shit out of luck, we don't even have one. This will always be our life, Daddy. We're sorry if our touching and open affection bothers you. For us, it's as natural as breathing, and we're not about stop, not in our own home where we should be accepted. If you can't accept who, and how we are, that's your hangup to work out."

Mom and Dad were both teary eyed as Londy once again hit the nail on the head. My beautiful sister always had a gift for laying things out plain and simple. Admittedly, I was a little choked up myself as I listened to her trying to help our father understand.

"Damn, damn, damn. I feel like such a total shit. I want to apologize to everyone for my outburst. I want so much to be as open and affectionate as you all are, but it scares the shit out of me. The things pounded into me that are supposedly wrong, and dirty, still haunt me to this day. If you're all willing to help me, I want to change, I want to be more open, and I can't think of anyone I'd like to learn from more, than the three people I love the most. You guys are my life."

Dad turned to Mom to issue his personal apology to her with a tight hug and a lingering kiss that L and I both enjoyed watching. Londy then gave me a bear hug, slipping me some tongue which I gladly accepted. She and I hadn't had much time to ourselves in recent weeks as we concentrated on Dad.

Upon breaking our embrace, we saw our parents watching us.

"Lesson one Poppo, never take for granted the affection others freely display in front of you. If they're not ashamed to show you, don't be ashamed to appreciate it. They're sharing with you because they love you."

"Oh, I've got so much to learn, and forget. I could use a hug, Baby Girl?"

"Anytime, Daddy! Can I have a kiss?"

"Sure, anytime Lond."

Dad sat on the edge of his recliner as L knelt in front of him. They wrapped their arms around each other, burying their faces in one another's neck, whispering their affections.

After a moment or two, Dad gave Londy a peck on the cheek. L took his face in her hands, stroking his cheeks with her thumbs.

"No, Daddy, I love you. I want, a kiss!"

She put her full lips to his, kissing him more than a daughter should. Dad weathered it well, showing no resistance. Pushing the envelope as L likes to do, she pushed her tongue between his lips, exploring his mouth for the first time. At first, Dad seemed to go with it, then pulled away.

"London, we can't. Your mother is right here, it's not righ..."

"Daddy, in front of Mom is the place we should be able to show our love the most. If not, what good are we as a family? I'm pretty sure Mom and Jerry have no problem with any way we wish to show our affection for each other as long as we share it with them."

Mom touched his cheek with the back of her hand, calming him.

"Drew, your daughter loves you very much, as we all do, it's okay Hon."

Londy pressed her lips to his again, pushing her tongue into his mouth, seeking his to wrestle with. Dad held Londy close, letting her do as she wished in her first attempt to show him what his family's love should be.

As they finished, Dad held Londy's hands to his mouth, kissing each palm in appreciation for her open tenderness.

Getting caught up in the moment, I took Mom in my arms, kissing her, and loving the feel of her body against mine. She brought her hands up, holding me, pushing her tongue into my willing mouth. All at once, Dad and L stood up, wrapping their arms around us in a fantastic, family hug.

1...345678