Jewel Quest

Story Info
Eight sisters welcome a handsome stranger...
43.2k words
4.72
4.3k
12
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Karis was a popular populated city for those who were looking to climb in life, singers, writers, musicians, lawyers, big city execs even. The city was known for cultivating new talent even at the expense of one's soul. Despite Karis being a bustling, developing, happening, place to live in, it was mostly seen as a tourist attraction. It was slowly becoming a soul sucking succubus, taking in drugs and sex, pills and pain, pleasure and pity, all in exchange for success.

It was stained that way, but the simple countryside was the exact opposite. The grass was always Kelly green, the birds actually sung when swooping down from the treetops, and the summer breezes were always there. With skies painted baby blue, ivory clouds clung, and the sun was a yellow-white blur flashing down from above.

Besides land nothing really laid outside of the city, except one thing. An alabaster mansion, ten or eleven miles from the city sat completely parallel. It was as you'd expect with its glorious columns, double doors, and countless windows. There weren't any topiaries or even a gate outside.

All the land, at least twenty acres belonged to the famous Stone family. The wealthy patriarch and his wife worked hard over many years to build their fortune, and soon after their retired a tragic boating accident occurred leaving their eight daughters to inherit their fortune and take on their familial duties.

Every woman or man born to the Stone family was born with a magical ability that could only be used by someone deemed pure of heart. It was a fact, though a rumor of Karis.

No one there actually believed it, but rumors spread far and wide until a young man of twenty-seven heard of it. He immediately set off to meet the sisters. Sending a letter ahead, he spoke of how he heard of their collection of rare books and wanted to offer one of his own to complete a series (for a sum of course). And while negotiating terms of the book deal, he'd be staying as their guest.

"Mr. North, we're here." The driver said, he had been parked at the front of the overwhelming mansion for two minutes now, the man in the back of the private car had deep brown waves and gentle Caribbean eyes, he was also in a dark gray suit and tie holding onto a brown briefcase nervously.

Mr. North nodded looking at who stood out front, it was a single maid with dull fawn colored hair and gray eyes. She stood smiling, waiting patiently like a statue. The driver came around to open North's door. Once outside he held this briefcase tighter than before walking towards the maid as the driver retrieved his luggage.

"Silas North?" The maid questioned; the man nodded "A pleasure." She gave a curt bowed and turned towards the double doors "My lady awaits your arrival, I hope you don't mind skipping to business."

Silas shook his head "Not at all, please lead the way Miss-

"Larissa. Let's continue then." Larissa opened the doors and Silas became enamored, there were walls and walls of art, pictures, some family portraits mixed in with world renown pieces.

It was almost hard to see the color of the walls, they were a plain white while the floor was a beige marble and two staircases leading up to the second floor, there was a door here and there, and a splash of color, too much and too little. It was a lot to take in, scrambling from the pictures to the randomness of color, the largeness of the stairs, the vastness of the room, it wasn't to overwhelm he thought, but to intimidate.

Larissa led him from room to room, he saw flashes of green, blue, red, beige, yellow, and pink before settling into a deep maroon. This room was subtle, the floor was cypress, and a long dining table was placed in the center, there was a small bookcase to the right, a potted plant to the left, two transparent doors leading to the back and people. People. Eight to be exact.

"My lady, please allow me to introduce your guest, Silas North." Larissa announced. Silas had to blink a few times for his eyes to adjust, there were eight women sitting at the table, all lovely with different colored hair and eyes in wonderful dresses. The eldest sat at the end table.

"Thank you, Larissa, that is all for now." She smiled lightly as Larissa left and Silas sat down opposite of her. She had deep blue hair in a long straight ponytail and lilac eyes. The woman wore a black dress, no sleeves, flowing down to her feet, accented with small silver jewelry (a heart shaped necklace and stud earrings).

"I'm Sapphire Stone, the one who responded to your letter." She said.

"Ah, well then it's a pleasure meeting you-

"Sapphire will do fine, and these are my younger sisters." Even before she began to speak Silas knew that each daughter was named after a gemstone. "This is Emerald." Sapphire pointed to her left "Next in line after myself." Emerald had dark green hair and ocean blue eyes, she usually wore browns, light and dark browns.

After Emerald came Ruby who had fiery red hair and amber eyes, she wore blue tones. Next was Citrine with pallid orange hair and sun-colored eyes, she wore purple. Opal had hair that was almost luminescent, it changed color due to light, first to Silas' eyes her hair appeared a mint green, then pink, then yellow, at the moment it was a sky blue, and her eyes were a clear magenta. She wore multiple hues.

Then came Rose whose hair was rosy colored like a baby's blush, and seafoam green eyes, she wore light colors, mostly yellow. Ametrine had violet hair with dark canary yellow tips and turquoise eyes, she wore green. The last sister, Selene, was the youngest, she had moonstone-colored eyes, it was the first thing that stopped Silas. They were so mysterious and alluring, her hair was frost colored, ivory mixed with tones of powder blue.

"Lovely to make all of your acquaintances." Silas nodded placing his briefcase onto the table "Shall we begin?"

"Of course, girls, off to what you were doing." Sapphire said, and like snapping a finger each one got up, some waved, some smiled, but when Selene looked at him, Silas felt as if the winds around him had wrapped him in a quick embrace. She blushed, putting her head down and hurrying out with the rest of her sisters.

Sapphire came closer to him "Let's see what I'm purchasing, Mr. North. I hope it's as promised."

Silas opened his briefcase and turned it around, there were three original copies there. He had inherited them from his grandfather and up until now had no point in keeping them.

Sapphire gasped and held a hand to her heart as she pulled one out. She touched the tender cover, then ran a finger down the spine. "It's practically priceless. How can you part with such a...historic wonder?" She said this half out of suspicion.

Silas cleared his throat "I like books, but these don't really draw me in, Sapphire. And as I can see, you love books."

Sapphire grinned slyly "I do, a trait Emerald and I inherited from our mother. I've scoured the ends of the earth for this, and the other two...they'd make a great addition to our library."

"Wonderful, then lets start talking about pr-

"But no one even someone who just likes books would sell something this valuable off to total strangers." Sapphire placed the book down into the case and turned to Silas who felt his plan start to unfurl "Please be honest with me Mr. North-

"Silas will do."

"Silas." She leaned back in the chair and smirked "You didn't come here to sell me books, you came for the rumors didn't you?"

He hesitated, but after thinking it over didn't see the harm in being honest "Yes. I am."

"So you're after a rumor-

"No." Silas closed the briefcase swiftly as if to catch her off guard "I've researched it in all the books that I could find, all the articles on this family-

"So you're stalking us-

"No, but I do believe in magic. Do you?" Sapphire's eyes slowly looked from across the room to Silas.

"Magic."

"Yes, magic. There are few in this world who can do it, but it's fact. It exists."

"Rare forms of magic, yes, remnants of it."

"And your family, your father came from a line of wizards-

"And it's all but dried out of magic-

Silas slammed his hands down on the table "Please! Let me finish!"

Sapphire crossed her arms, but understood that this man wasn't as the others she had dealt with in the past "Please, go on."

"Your family can produce magic. I don't know how or why, but you have abilities to create magical gemstones that obtain massive power. Is that correct?"

"Yes."

"I found in a text, an old one, that there was a gem that only your family could produce. It can heal any wound no matter how bad, take away any sickness, even cure someone of the incurable. The Cosmic Pearl. It is said to have infinite healing abilities."

Sapphire nodded "That is also true, but what are you asking? Are you asking me to produce this pearl for you, just like that?"

Silas took out his phone, unlocking it and sliding it over to her "I don't know how many con men have tried to reap the benefits of this gem magic that you have or why they'd try such an easy con."

Sapphire looked at the phone closing her eyes before opening them again "Hello, Silas?" A voice called out from the screen, she slid it back to him, her hands were trembling.

"Hey." Silas spoke to the screen "I have to call you back okay?"

"Okay.." Then the call had ended.

"Who is he?" Sapphire said looking at the table.

"My older brother, his name is Matthew. He raised me when I was ten and our parents...that all doesn't matt-

"But it does, Silas, it truly does." Sapphire had water filling in her eyes, to think if one of her siblings were in such shape would kill her "What happened?"

Silas began filling in the details, his parents weren't around, his father passed before he was born, then their mother was gone to do whatever she wanted, dying in a car accident coming home. Matthew who was eighteen at the time became his legal guardian, he did everything, taught him everything.

A year ago Matthew was at work typing away when he suddenly fell. After going to the hospital the doctors found something abnormal. It was a disease that was breaking down his body, it had no name, not even a real cause, ever since then Silas searched as fast and as much as he could to find a cure until he came to a magical solution.

"If you don't believe me I can show you, fly you out to the hospital he's in-

"I know liars, Silas, I can tell if someone is conning me." Sapphire knew for a fact due to her small magical ability to sense truth that Silas was telling his.

"Then please, I'll give you these for free if-

Sapphire held a hand out to stop him "No, hold onto them for now. I must speak it over with my sisters."

"Okay...but it's not necessary if you can produce the pearl."

Sapphire laughed shaking her head "It's not as simple as you think. For now let me show you to your room. Larissa will bring you down for lunch where we'll all discuss this. Is that okay with you?"

Silas nodded, it wasn't a flat out no, so he was jumping at that chance "Thank you."

"You're welcome, now come on, this place is a maze if you don't live here." Sapphire then took him through various rooms explaining historical facts about pieces of furniture, art, and her family while leading Silas to his room. It was beige and green with a simple queen's size bed, the comforter was had the image of brown leaves and green leaves. There was a dresser, the door to the bathroom, a rug, and a large window to look out of at night to get a good view of the stars.

After getting settled Silas laid on the bed, shoes on, thinking if they'd say yes, if they'd say no, what to do if it went wrong. He waited for hours until Larissa came to get him. By then he had already thought off his nerves and frustration. Lunch was already served at the dining table which was left of the entry way.

The dining room had gold and ivory tones to it with a light wood table in the center. Silas took his seat opposite of Sapphire again as the women poked at small finger sandwiches on the golden trays, some ate their fettucine, others nibbled on their salads while taking a sip here and there from their glasses.

Silas slowly began eating wondering when time would come for talk. After a few minutes of his delicious meal Sapphire clinked her glass with her fork gaining everyone's attention.

"Silas, I have spoken to my sisters and after a bit of debating we've decided that you are a wonderful candidate for the pearl."

"Candidate? You make it sound like a game." Silas laughed.

Ametrine began to giggle "Did no one tell you about how the pearl is produced? All that you must do to retrieve it?"

Silas squinted "What do you mean?"

Sapphire leaned her chin on her hand sighing "Our magic may be great, greatest in this land even. But it is different than the magic you know. To get to the pearl you must first unlock the pearl key, and to do so you need to acquire the gemstone keys and follow their instructions, and before that you must acquire the seven gemstones to begin with."

"All of that for a single pearl...how-

"Silas." Emerald said in a warm tone "We were all named gemstones for a reason. In our family to produce a gemstone you must enter the highest form of ecstasy to activate that strong a magic. With that much elation one can use that energy that feeling to form a powerful magic, a powerful stone."

Silas gulped for a second looking over the women again "Elation? You mean-

"Yes. It is the only way our family can produce gems, including the males. Energy is magic, and so on and so forth. I've never met someone worthy, someone this forthcoming to actually allow them a chance."

Silas took a sip from his glass "So I would have to...engage with you...seven of you?"

"Yes, and you can't do it half assed either." Sapphire said seriously "We won't produce a thing if you can't get serious. It may be a fantasy for most-

"Most, yes...This is a lot." Silas admitted "And what of the eighth?"

"She." Ruby motioned towards Selene "Is unspoiled, because she hides herself away."

Selene sent her a dirty look "I-

"If she weren't I'm sure the pearl would form easier." Rose admitted "But not everyone's in a rush for life and she's only twenty, Ruby."

"And you're all-

"Yes, we've had love, heartaches, heartbreaks, and losses. I was married twice and divorced happily twice as well." Sapphire smiled "So do you have the stomach for it?"

"Yes. But..what about Selene?" Silas asked quietly. Selene turned to him surprised.

"I agree that her consent should be necessary, but even so our family-

"I-I agree to it." Selene stammered before looking down at her plate.

"Really?" Citrine seemed surprised "It would be your first time."

"It's my body, I agree." Selene told her "Let it be."

Silas looked from Selene to Sapphire "Is this really okay?"

"Yes. Today we get to know you, tomorrow your quest for the pearl begins."

Silas nodded unsure how to just accept it.

"Take it in slowly." Opal patted his hand "It was much for us to hear growing up as well."

"At least until we've settled that is." Ametrine pointed out.

"What happens then?" Silas asked.

"The rules change, any marriage that lasts at least a year means that one gem will be able to be produced by the husband and wife alone."

"So if each of you were to marry-

"One day Selene would be able to produce it with the one she loves. But for now this is what we've been given. The law, the rules binding us here. When we marry and leave it breaks the rule down."

"I sort of understand, Sapphire.." Silas sighed "So how would we go about producing the stones, I approach one of you-

"Or vice versa and let things take their natural course." Sapphire yawned "All the rooms have very thick walls and are very sturdy. Do as you like as much as you like, but don't forget why you're doing this."

"I can't." Silas stated "But even so, I'd like to negotiate the books still. If you won't take them, then that's the least that I could do." Sapphire's eyes practically lit up at hearing this, she rubbed her hands together.

"Agreed, negotiations start again tomorrow as well." She clapped her hands together happily.

That evening Silas began learning about the sisters and their likes. After night came Silas closed his eyes thinking of Matthew, not his suit that he bought on sale, or this bed that was made of magical chinchilla or something over the moon expensive, his brother was the reason. And he'd push on even if it got strange, stranger even. Matthew's life was hanging in the balance, so Silas dreamed of a happy thought, Matthew jumping out of bed hugging him so tight that he could hardly breathe. That gave him peace.

And then morning came. Larissa came and lead him down for breakfast, all the women were in soft colored robes of their favored colors. Silas was in a white button up shirt, black vest and pants.

He wasn't sure about how the day would go, so he engaged in the normalcy of breakfast, Larissa asked him what he preferred and dished it out to him. He has two pieces of french toast that were sliced diagonally next to two slices of bacon and an orange cut beautifully to display on the white china into the shape of a flower. His glass was filled with orange juice like Ruby's. Sapphire had grapefruit juice like Rose and Opal, Ametrine opted for water, Emerald had milk, Citrine had apple juice, and Selene had earl grey in a little teacup.

To each their own, Silas thought. He would watch carefully like a spy and analyze their likes to produce the pearl. He'd do anything to save his brother from his fate, even if it meant jumping through the fires of hell. This didn't seem difficult, just strange and a bit uncomfortable. The only way he could see himself seizing the tension would be to actually be friends and get to know each sister.

"So...I know this is very different for you all, and myself," Silas began "But I don't know that much about any of you, or you about me."

Sapphire took a sip from her glass "Yes, I was the only one who vetted you. But I don't know what you do for a living."

"Well...I'm a writer ironically." Silas gave a nervous smile "I do like to write, create a story, a whole world rather than reading about someone else's. What do you all do?"

"I'm a lawyer with my personal office being upstairs on the second floor for any potential clients. I haven't had any recently, which gives me a small break."

"Sapphire's a shark in court." Ruby tapped her fingers on the table playfully like a child "I couldn't deal with the stress daily, I'm a fashion designer. Locally known only though."

Emerald pulled a book from off her lap and placed it on the table opening it as she ate "I actually agree with you on that, losing focus for an instance could cost you a case."

"Em's a collector too, of books and of art. I don't know if she classifies it as a job, but she enjoys it." Opal laughed "It's almost funny, Em and Rube are so different despite being twins."

"Twins? Really?" Silas looked between the two girls, their appearance did mirror one another almost exactly now that he was looking closely, Emerald held her hair in a braid while Ruby let hers flow freely down her right shoulder. Emerald spoke calmly to inform while Ruby spoke openly with glee.

"I know it's hard to believe sometimes. They were so close when they were younger, but each has found their own path." Sapphire murmured.

"We're still close, we just have our own way of doing things." Ruby told her and then turned to Emerald "Right?"

"Yes." Emerald nodded turning a page in her book "Citrine's an interior decorator, though she's thinking of becoming a home designer, drawing up blueprints. We all surprisingly have good eye for detail."

"Selene especially." Ametrine nudged her little sister who blushed while picking at her sliced peach.