All Comments on 'Journey to St. Jeanne Pt. 06'

by Triona_B

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
TREKnRayTREKnRayalmost 3 years ago

I hope this isn't the end of the story. It needs to continue without Terry.

Triona_BTriona_Balmost 3 years agoAuthor

Oh it will, don’t worry! ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love the story overall and it’s got better now that her boyfriend is out of the picture.

However, as an aviation enthusiast, I picked up on one small error — “flight crew” are pilot and co-pilot (and engineer, navigator, etc) on older planes. The people in the back are “cabin crew” and, unless you’re talking about a small short-range plane, flight crew don’t do things like help passengers board.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the next part.

tenyaritenyarialmost 2 years ago

"had the additional worry of her daughter, in her search for adventure and romance, blithely underestimating the real dangers out there. St. Josephine was right next door to St. Colette and that cute island boy with his guitar and seductive accent could very easily be part of a gang looking to snatch up naive Outremer girls. Of course the daughter would scoff at such a suggestion."

- I'm still reading but this strikes me as the potential for another story.

I imagine that the people of the other two islands would have 'Colette' special forces on hand who's only job was to raid St. Josephine and return anyone who had been stolen away to there. And that such kidnappings would be a source of major diplomatic strife, and likely a few past wars. The folks of St. Jeanne wouldn't be able to send their own soldiers - because any caught would be at extreme risk, but they might rely on mercenaries just like they relied on 'Tim' to do employment recruitment.

That could all factor into how/why the Colette island opened up outside diplomacy - as a way to stop kidnappings by bringing in external enforcement.

Hard to figure out a lesbian story angle from that though - but it could make for a 'side paragraph' in some other chapter. A sort of "we were hanging out at the resort on Colette and met a very unusual group of guys with varied accents all being led around by a woman from St. Jeanne. When they told us what they did for a living..."

Triona_BTriona_Balmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comments and yes, I do like the idea of a spinoff story like that. I love that you've considered some of these implications! I have given this a bit of thought and you're correct to note that such kidnaps or rescue operations would have significant diplomatic consequences. So: canonically, any non-Josephine girl who finds her way onto this island is invariably "persuaded" very soon after arrival to renounce any other citizenships and to consent to her enslavement within the Josephine system. In the interest of keeping inter-island diplomacy the other islands recognise the legality of such consents. If they become aware of a woman being taken to St. Josephine, they can intervene and request her release up until the moment she signs the consent. After that their hands are tied, as will hers!

WoodencavWoodencav17 days ago

She is on her way great. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous