Langley Circle Beginning Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There'd been another short respite at around eleven, when a woman called Felicity, "Please call me Flick", had bounced in on her three inch heeled sandals, in a cloud of expensive perfume, and had generally been polite and lovely to Megan. "Flick" apparently had an office at the far end of the hall, and was also under Trina's control; it seemed most people on this floor were. She was tall, elegant and beautiful in an understated way. Her clothes clung to her slim frame like they were tailored exclusively for her, and her skin, of which quite a generous amount was on display, was flawlessly smooth and had an enviable light bronze glow about it. Megan had to remind herself to stop gawking at the woman a number of times, not so much out of any kind of sexual attraction, but merely in astonished admiration.

Alas, Flick stayed only a few minutes, bringing with her another tall stack of documents for Megan to copy and file. She cheerily said she'd get right on it, and this had earned such a dazzling smile from Flick, that Megan wanted to giggle with joy.

She had set to work, finishing in short order, but frustratingly she was left with a single document that she couldn't figure out where to file. Flick had said she would be back in an hour, but that had been over two hours ago, and Megan had eaten her lunch at her desk, played Minesweeper for thirty minutes, and counted the bricks for another twenty; enough was enough.

She grabbed the file and stepped purposefully into the corridor, trying to remember if Flick had told her at which end of the hall her office was located.

On a whim she turned to the right, and set off in that direction, arguing that if it was the wrong way at least it would pass the time. She strode purposefully along, her low heels making almost no sound on the plush carpeted floor. As she reached the end of the hall, she spotted an open door to her right and peered in to find a man lounging back behind the desk, eyes closed.

She coughed politely. "Excuse me, I'm looking for Flick."

The man smiled softly, opening his eyes and turning his head sideways to face her. He said nothing for a moment, simply smiling serenely. Eventually he spoke in a slow low drawl, "I'm afraid she is a bit busy at the moment." He briefly lowered his eyes towards the floor behind the desk.

It was only then that Megan heard the soft gurgling noise. Her eyes widened, and her heart began thumping in her ears. She couldn't quite see over the desk, but she did notice a pair of slender bronzed legs wearing elegant heeled sandals poking out from one side of it.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Megan said, blushing as she turned to leave.

"Nonsense. Now, what was it that you wanted, perhaps I can help." The man said calmly as he placed one hand into his lap, moving it up and down a few times out of view below the level of the desktop. A moan and more gurgling, presumably from the owner of the shapely legs accompanied this action.

Megan paused, unsure whether to stay and engage this man in further conversation, or whether to retreat to her office and try and forget she had seen anything.

"Come, come," the man said in a pleasant tone, holding out one hand. "What do you have there?"

Megan hesitantly stepped over to the desk, handing the document to him. As she leaned closer she couldn't resist glancing down at the man's lap, where the top of Flicks head could be seen bobbing up and down enthusiastically.

"I was unsure where to file this, as there didn't seem to be an appropriate section for it in the cabinets," Megan said, desperately trying to keep her eyes on the man's face, and ignore what was going on below the desk.

The man groaned and stared blankly into the middle distance for a moment. "Mm, good girl Flick. Almost there honey." Then he turned his attention to the documents she had handed him as if everything was completely normal.

Megan wrung her hands in her lap nervously as she stood on the other side of the desk, the lurid sounds of an accomplished deep-throater drifting up to her ears and triggering sparks of arousal down between her legs.

"Ah yes, I see. This is the Henderson case. It has a cabinet all of its own. It's..." He paused, his face crumpling into an expression of pleasure. "It's..." He tried once more but again was too distracted, presumably by Flick's fellatio techniques. He grunted and lightly tapped the woman on the head twice, leaning forward slightly. Flick's reaction was instant and utterly surprising. She quickly climbed to her feet, glancing briefly in Megan's direction, a blush of such furious intensity on her make up streaked face; she turned quickly away from the man and bent at the waist, tugged her skirt up and pulled her black silk knickers down at the same time. The man grasped his thick cock and stroked it hard twice, aiming at Flicks exposed backside. Megan gasped and covered her mouth, but couldn't tear her gaze away as long strings of cum shot out to land on Flicks arse, dribbling down into the crack of her bottom. The man groaned with his eyes shut, his hand pumping in time to his powerful ejaculation. Flick turned and looked at her with a strange mixture of mortification and apology, and Megan tried to look sympathetic and equally shocked on her behalf, which wasn't hard under the circumstances.

Finally, the man finished coming and wiped his sticky cock nonchalantly on Flicks pert bottom, and then gave it a resounding slap. "Good girl Flick, that was excellent," He said as he was tucking himself away.

Flick quickly pulled up her underwear and straightened her skirt, fixedly staring at the floor the whole time.

The man stood. "I'll leave Flick to help you with this." He indicated the document. "Nice to meet you. Perhaps we can get better acquainted sometime soon." He grinned broadly, and without so much as another word, sauntered out into the corridor.

Megan went to grab the document.

"I'll deal with it," Flick said in a meek voice.

"Sorry," Megan said, although she wasn't sure what she was apologising for. "Look, are you alright? Was that--"

"All part of the job," Flick said with a shrug, offering Megan a weak smile. "You better get back to your office; Trina will probably be looking for you."

Megan stared in disbelief, but unable to think of anything else to say, simply nodded and retreated out of the office.

When she arrived back at her cupboard, Trina was indeed waiting for her.

"Ah, there you are. Where have you been?" There was more than a hint of frustration in her voice.

"I was just--"

"Well, it doesn't matter." Trina waved a hand dismissively. "You're here now anyway." She faltered for an instant, squinting at Megan. "Are you OK? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Megan hardly knew where to start. It seemed like every time she ventured out of her office, she stumbled on other employees having sex. Either she was extremely unlucky, or lucky depending on how you looked at it, or there was something very strange going on here. "To be honest, I am not sure," Megan said and perched on the edge of a chair.

Trina studied her for a long moment, but when Megan said nothing else, she shrugged. "Well, there's a lot to get through. Sorry to dump all that shit on you this morning, but it needed to be done I'm afraid. I'm sure you are keen to start focussing more on your actual duties."

This was music to Megan's ears; she perked up immediately. "Oh, yes, very much so."

Trina smiled. "Well, I can tell you that your exposure to the senior partners so far has been unexpected but well received. They are very keen to get you up to full ruby status as quickly as possible."

Megan frowned. There it was again. What was this Ruby thing she kept going on about?

"Most of it is standard stuff, I'm sure you've seen it all before. Generally, the partners are very nice, and mostly harmless. We'll have to address a few issues, your outfit for a start."

Megan raised her eyebrows at the woman's bluntness.

"Don't get me wrong, it's very nice, but it's not going to get many cocks hard around here, if you know what I mean."

Megan blinked, a confused smile fixed on her shocked face. Trina hadn't just shamed her dress sense for not being slutty enough, had she?

"There's a budget for this sort of thing of course, and accounts at a few select shops that you can take advantage of. My advice is to play to your strengths; you should go for a few looks including innocent and cute. Your youthful looks and size lend themselves to that sort of thing very well. I can think of a couple of the partners who would appreciate you dressing like their nieces, daughters, babysitters, etc."

"What?"

"Oh don't worry, it's all fairly harmless. Your contract protects you from anything other than basic entry level ruby stuff for the first three months, and by then you'll understand their kinks and know your limits better; you'll be fine."

Enough was enough; it was one thing for Megan to brush the odd weird comment under the carpet, but at this rate there'd be more shit under the carpet than on top of it.

"Trina, what is going on here? I am utterly confused. I have been here two days, and witnessed as many incidents of inappropriate sexual conduct between employees, and people act as if it is normal. It's far from bloody normal if you ask me."

Trina stared at her as if she had grown a second head. "It's just standard--"

"Ruby stuff, yeah. You keep saying that, but I have no idea what that means. It seems like this company is either a stunningly weird place to work, or there is a culture of institutionalised abuse here that is shocking to say the least."

"Abuse?" Trina looked confused for a moment, then her eyes widened in alarm. "You don't know what Ruby means?" she asked in a low voice.

"Nope, no idea."

"Shit!" Trina rose quickly and closed the door, standing with her back to it before continuing in a forced whisper. "I'm a bit confused now too. How on earth did you get this job if you know nothing about the ruby club?"

"The normal way; I applied, interviewed for it, and was offered it. Look, what's this all about?"

"Fuck, fuck, fucky fuck!" Trina became extremely agitated and began pacing back and forth in front of the closed door, a look of extreme concern on her face. She stopped abruptly and turned to Megan. "But, I saw your application; it was clearly marked as ruby fast-track. How would that be the case if you aren't ruby?" She pulled out her phone and began flicking through apps. Megan sat and watched as the woman read something from the device, her eyes twitching from side to side. She glanced over at Megan briefly, and then continued reading.

"OK, yes here It is; ruby fast-track. Keepsake ownership confirmed in form of triple ringed ruby bracelet."

Megan peered down at the bracelet on her wrist and was surprised and confused to note that this was indeed an accurate description of the jewellery.

"You're wearing a ruby keepsake, and one that insinuates a high level of expertise and experience. You're certainly well above my seniority, that's for sure; I've only just got my first ring."

"This is a family heirloom," Megan said, indicating the bracelet. "It was bequeathed to me by my great aunt on her death."

Trina closed her eyes, sighing, her whole body deflating. "Oh my god, this is a terrible mistake. Megan, Miss chambers, I'm so sorry, but there has been a dreadful misunderstanding."

"What has all this got to do with the things that have been going on?" Megan was getting quite annoyed now. Far from shedding light on things, this conversation just seemed to be making things more muddled and confused.

Trina bit her lip and looked nervously at Megan. "I'm not really allowed to say. Oh fuck, this is a total cock-up." She moved to sit next to Megan, keeping her voice low. "Look, the ruby club is an exclusive operation involving select individuals who provide extensive and discreet pleasure fulfilment services to the members in return for extremely generous benefits. But it is exclusive and very secretive, and relies on every one of its members and participants to be bound by strict non-disclosure agreements and operate in ways that will avoid the ruby club ever coming into the public eye."

So many questions filled Megan's head; she wasn't quite sure where to start. "But who -- and what--"

"I expect you have lots of questions Miss Chambers, but I simply can't answer them. To do so would put me in breach of my contract and the NDA, and more than likely get me fired."

Megan blinked open-mouthed at Trina, at a loss for what to say.

"That is of course, unless you choose to remain in the job and begin your Ruby training?" There was a hopeful tone in her voice that surprised Megan.

"I don't think--"

"The benefits are very generous." Trina was obviously keen to try and sway her. "Generally around four to five times as much as your normal salary, not to mention all the perks and fine dining and trips that get lavished upon us."

It sounded like a very glamourous lifestyle, but Megan kept flashing back to the expression on Trina's face yesterday, not to mention Flick's today. They both appeared to be fully consensual, but were they enjoying it, did they feel good about what they were doing? She very much doubted it.

"No, I don't think so. Through no fault of my own, there has been a massive mix up; I think it would be best all-around if we just go our separate ways."

Trina looked at her for a long moment, pondering something. "I understand. I am sure I could arrange for you to receive a compensation payment for your inconvenience, so that there are no hard feelings. Shall we say three months' pay?"

"Well I really don't think--"

Trina's expression flashed to one of panic. "No no, of course not, that's far too low. We understand of course that securing another position will take some time. How about six months? Seeing as you did quit your job to work here."

Megan stared at the woman in disbelief. There was a look of desperation in Trina's eyes. Had she really just offered to pay Megan Half her annual salary not to work there anymore? Megan was not stupid though, she knew this was hush money, to not ask questions and not bring more attention upon the dubious activities of the ruby club and its members. Megan felt a little queasy at the thought of being paid off, but on the other hand, it was money for nothing. She nodded in silence.

Trina seemed to visibly relax a little at this. "Good. I'm glad we understand each other. We will of course supply a reference, stating a reason for non-continuation of work making it entirely our fault, corporate restructuring or something like that."

"I'd appreciate that," Megan said grateful to have a legitimate reason for the non-starter on her CV for future employers. There was still something very weird, even potentially wrong about this whole situation though, but for now, all she really wanted to do was to get out of here.

Trina pursed her lips. "Do you mind if I ask who your Great Aunt was?"

Megan shrugged. "Her name was Ivey."

Trina's eyes narrowed. "Ivey Grange?"

"Yes, how did you know that?"

Trina's eyes widened. "Ivey Grange was a ruby girl in the fifties. The stories about her are the stuff of legends."

"I don't know anything about that," Megan said. "She was a switchboard operator I think. Look, if it's all the same, it's been a pretty shit couple of days, and I'd rather just put this behind me and try and move on."

"Sure, I understand. And you're not going to, you know, tell anyone about the Ruby club?"

Megan had a sudden urge not to answer that question specifically, and there was one of her own she wanted answering. "Can I ask, by any chance was Katie Hopkirk on the shortlist for this job?"

"Umm, I'm not sure. Let me look. Do you know her?" Trina started fiddling with her phone again.

"Yeah, I used to work with her."

"Let's see. Katie, er yes, she is next in line actually. Not ruby fast track, but it says she seems open and willing to progress. I think the intention was to try and stream her over the next few months. There is a note to say that she is aware of the ruby club."

That surprised Megan, but she did her best to hide her reaction. "Well, she'll be pleased I'm not taking the job. OK, thanks."

"No problem, and if you have any concerns at a later date, please be sure to contact me directly." Trina looked at her pointedly. "Let me just organise that reference and the payment, and then I think we will be done." She smiled broadly, but Megan noted the smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

.........

Megan stood in the lift on her way to the ground floor, in somewhat of a state of shock, a cheque for a stupid amount of money burning a hole in her handbag. She smirked as she thought about Katie being up for the job next. Serves the bitch right. Her smirk spread into a grin as she imagine Katie being the one ball gagged, pinned to a desk getting her arsed stretched nine ways to hell.

The lift doors opened and with a growing sense of relief, she rushed from the building. She turned and strode down the street feeling lighter and more relaxed than she had for the last couple of days.

"Excuse me," a soft voice caught her attention and she turned to peer down a service road that led beneath the building.

"Flick? Is that you?"

"Hi, sorry to bother you. I just wanted to apologise for that pig Ronson."

"Not your fault. Did he force himself on you?" Megan asked.

"Not exactly no. I mean it comes with the territory as you know."

"Well, I don't actually, and it's not my business anymore. Kind of a mix up, I won't be joining the company after all."

Flick smiled warmly, and Megan felt sorry for the woman who was obviously not such a mindless and willing participant as Trina seemed to be. "Good for you. Look, Megan isn't it?"

"Yeah."

"Would you perhaps fancy having a drink with me sometime? I don't really have anyone I can talk to, and you seem like a really nice person."

Megan was taken aback, hesitating for a moment. Flick's smile faltered, but Megan acted quickly.

"Sure. I'd like that. Give me your number and I'll call you."

The smile returned to Flicks face, and after swapping numbers, Megan bid her farewell, and made her way to the station. She had to try and work out what she was going to do next. She had six months to secure herself a decent enough job to pay the rent, which reminded her. She changed direction and headed to the bank, keen to deposit the cheque as soon as possible. It wasn't that she didn't trust Ravager & Sunder... No wait, that was exactly it.

As she walked, she got the urge to talk to someone about what had happened, and as was so often the case lately, the first person who came to mind was Beth. She quickened her pace as she pulled out her phone to make the call.

=== === ===

Next time on Langley Circle... Furious at being ignored, Nicky and Bella turn up at Josh's house to find out where the hell he has been for the last couple of days, while Josh, confused after his strange experience with his step-mum Trudy, buries his head further in the sand to avoid the break-up with Nicky that he is convinced is coming.

Thank you so much for reading. All votes and feedback are greatly appreciated.