All Comments on 'Let Go'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 842 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well developed story but I don’t understand how there is both arbitration with the state employment commission and a lawsuit against the company. It seems the law would allow for one or the other but not both.

As for Dave and Beverly’s marriage, she should have been served with divorce paper on the way out of the arbitration meeting. Their marriage was long dead and Dave should have been allowed some measure of justice for the destruction of his marriage to go along with the justice he received for the destruction of his professional life.

RePhilRePhilover 2 years ago

I am a longtime fan of your writing and enjoy most all your stories immensely. However you have a quirk in your writing of using both the narrator and person in the same sentence. Always with the narration first. I wouldn’t say it is bad grammar as I can’t write myself out of a wet paper bag but It just doesn’t read properly

These need the context of the situation but are a couple examples;

Once he left the company, though, I no longer considered it binding

My head down in despair, Beverly shook her head no. Dave spoke.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story.

In most stories in Loving Wives, the marriages were destroyed by spouses cheating with another persons. In real life however, most marriages ended not because of infidelities, but the couples no longer pay attentions to each other such as this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some of the hardest lessons are learned when we fail. If we are clever enough to see where we failed and work to fix it. You remember it and never do it again!

To many marriages fail because they lose track and stop really talking. Hug often, listen more and love like tomorrow is not promised.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Most important of all, as a guy, what sort of car was Dave rebuilding? And what happened to it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice premise but badly structured. No board would accept a CEO breaking into tears and opening them up to lawsuits with their behaviour...they would be out the door. No person in my experience changes very quickly from destructive behaviour built up over many years. Still.. why am I complaining about a nice story on a free site. TC Ireland

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story...unusual, but great. Have not read many of your tales, but this story changes that. Thanks. LP

GodianMichaelGodianMichaelover 2 years ago

Amazing Tale....

Love every bit of it!

orestes08orestes08over 2 years ago

While I found the reconciliation at bit hard to buy, I can appreciate it. But the perspective shifts in the middle of sentences were unbelievably jarring. Things like "Beverly had the best counterpart my company had to offer with her" The story is told in the third person, so who is "my"? This happens not infrequently and totally throws me out of the story when it does. This is the sort of thing your editors should catch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Again, didn’t move far enough away.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Good story, and the characters were well developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Good Story

I spent most of the of the story being choked up. I lost my family some years ago and the relationship with my son, who lives in Franklin, TN (I live in Pa.) has been strained, so I haven't seen my granddaughter in years. There are a number of these types of stories on this site and they always bring me to tears. Regrets and longings see to be my life now at 75.

Dapitbull1Dapitbull1over 2 years ago

Still love reading this my 3rd time now

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyover 2 years ago

I really liked it but what about the bumper Bev purchased for the car Dave was restoring?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah. What about the car Dave was restoring? As usual enjoyed another one of qhml1's stories.

Mike the Irishman 🍀

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Still should have moved a lot farther away

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

Seriously what's with this author so many of his 'male' protagonists are complete pussies. He admitted that he basically ate shit for 8 years and then for 2-3 years was completely ignored/emasculated and the moment she turns up takes her back give me a fucking break!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Schon oft gelesen, da sie eine meiner TOP 10 - Geschichten ist. Toller Spannungsbogen, Herz, Schmerz und das glückliche Ende...

Einfach klasse!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why would he not divorce her? He'd get half of everything and screw her in the process. It makes no sense to RAAC them. She illegally fires him, not to mention running roughshod over him for years in their marriage. Time to be rid of her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Close to a masterpiece in my view. Bev was a bitch for much too long and I'm not sure if the punishment inflicted was enough. The pain associated with her wake-up call was certainly deserved. Bev eventually recovered and gave Dave all he had hoped for originally, except for the years where she had a head the size of Alaska (cold and desolate).

BJ

ProxyAccountProxyAccountover 2 years ago

He moves out, sues the company, naming his wife as one of the defendants, and his attorney doesn't file for legal separation or a separation agreement, if not divorce? What universe is this? What kind of idiot does this? She has already dismissed having his biological children, even though they have the financial means for fertility treatments if necessary. My thought is if her mind was set on the _convenient_ path, she was never really going to make up for putting the marriage and him before her career. Of course for the RAAC to work, there are children that _coincidentally_ appear that need saving.

Reconciliation isn't what bugs me, it's RAAC that bugs me. File for divorce. Make her work for it and actually _sacrifice_ for the marriage. If she won't give him what he wants for once in his life--children--even if she has to sacrifice the 25 year old figure that she kept for the benefit of her career, then let him start over with a woman that will. Marriage isn't supposed to be slavery, torture, or an endless grind. If you can't find happiness with someone, divorce and move on. There's no point in tormenting yourself for a Best Martyr award (a.k.a. Super-Jesus trope).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of my favorite stories. I've read it several times and it just gets better. Recognizing she really f*cked up, it was a path they both created. I like that he forged a new path and ultimately allowed her to reconnect. Stories don't always have to be BTB. In this case she lost sight of their marriage, and he indirectly allowed it. That said, she didn't cheat with another person, so there was still a way back. Great story! Wish I could score it more than a 5.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Second time reading this. Even better. There are some nuts and bolts grimmer and tense errors but the goody still shines through

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Really well written; good story

Nice change for this catagory - nobody cuckolded anybody and nobody screwed over the other party. A generally realistic story and a good read. Thanks!

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

One of the best on here. The real act of cheating is the loss of faith in your partner. When you no longer believe in them, you treat them badly, including running around on them and stepping out.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - it is still a RAAC, but at least it flowed well and the 'kids' were a good addition.

However, the wife's emotional betrayal, put downs and total level of disrespect of the husband is probably one of the best of the 'worst' possible examples (without sexual cheating), I've seen on this website.

Having said that, it makes it almost impossible to believe the miraculous way 'the wife' managed to reconnect so quickly with 'the husband' with nary a scratch. After all, she trashed his ego, his respect, his love, her marriage became meaningless and she did this over YEARS & YEARS & YEARS. In a normal environment, it would take years and years to repair the damage - IF EVER. Then there is the final question - would he be better off with her - or without her? I would have to say WITHOUT.

I think this story is a good example where it might just be a better choice to cut his losses and make a fresh start with a new wife and create his own family. It would be with a lot less angst or drama, plus faster and easier.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it but, jeez, after all that good storytelling get the pronouns straight. I am not a grammar Nazi, for good reason, but why do all that work and screw up on something even I can see....5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have loved for this to be 12 pages and had a more fleshed out reconciliation section, I just find it hard to believe that if he went months not talking to her that one day would have her in the house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am surprised this story got such a good rating. A CEO fires her best salesman's ass, who also happens to be her husband in the most humiliating way possible. But she loves him and expects understanding from him?

And the transitions are too abrupt for comfort. The guy gets over years of mistreatment in a few moments. After years of sissying her husband, she misses him once he leaves? Doesn't make sense to me. This story just cant be properly told in a few pages

It would have been believable had the wife really sort of hated her husband and schemed to kick him out of her life and the husband somehow exacts revenge on her, something on those lines

If this were a regular sex story, ppl wouldn't mind the inadequate narrative bc they anyhow come for the actual sex scenes

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very moving and too close to home! It is easy to pour oneself into work, to gather possessions and activity. It is far too easy to let these override personal relationships. They were very lucky to be able to recover and even more lucky to get a ready made family. Far to many people never get that luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a mess. Wife screws up and fires husband, thereby crushing him and his ego. I don't see him EVER taking her back. In fact, I'm surprised he didn't file fir a divorce at the same time he sued the Company. What man would take her back considering what he knew of their history? Bad ending.

NextUnwillingNextUnwillingover 2 years ago

If he had enough pride to walk out on his wife and jeopardize her career but took her back on her first attempt to get him back. A more better course of attempt would have been to slam the door on the first time but allow her in if she didn't go away and persisted.

Lesson learnt - Never work in the same place as your spouse, especially if they are employees and not business owners

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Needs editing

There are quite a number of mistakes that should have been picked up by an editor. Quite often you go from a third person to the first person in the same sentence.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very nice story, 2nd or third reading, this time the type got a little blurry here and there, I think you might need a new ribbon for you typewriter. Great story. This story sort of goes along Re-Claiming My Marriage, another story of guy giving in too much and then finally waking and standing up for himself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A wonderful and amazing story that as I got hooked on reading it, the more it seemed so true to life. A championship 5 I say. Looking forward to reading more of your work. Thank you.

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this short greatly. Unfortunately I'm personally in the problem phase of the marriage. My importance and Input have been minimised. Even my four kids (3 Daughters and one Son - All grown & all gone) don't have time to message, email or even phone me, The old man.

Just one point about about your story, a Truism. A good Author knows when to finish their story - Neither too short or too long (!!) This was too long. You tied off all the treads, then added more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is one of my favorite stories here. I've read it about every six months ever since I first found it about 2 years ago.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

A feel good story, enjoyable to read, but please do stop to do some editing. The simple spelling mistakes were easier to overlook than the numerous places where skipping form third person to first in the same sentence became a distraction. All-in-all an easy story to identify with and characters that were believable with whom the reader could empathize. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Needs to be made into a full length novel with time spent on the troubles of raising a family. More time spent on reconciling the problems between husband and wife, Also, Marsha's success was a little too easy.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Five. Five *****. Thank you for the time and thought you put into it! Your people breathe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another good story. Still need a competent editor.

Anony Mous

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

One of your best!!!

FreakpowerFreakpowerover 2 years ago

Nice story but I agree with some commentators that the switching between third and first person was durcheinander bringend.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Great transformation of the precursor "You're Fired" by BigGuy33. What I particularly enjoyed is how you took a REALLY deficient story focused your attention on the glaring deficits particularly in the Human Resources inattention and transformed these deficits into core attributes of your transformative story. What I particularly hated in "You're Fired" was how the husband/salesman was blamed for everything...and the corporate bitch wife got an absolutely free ride. Your version correctly caught her utter arrogance in firing her husband cold turkey without any due process whatsoever. Then you fold in the correct perspective into your core story and have her almost fired...while the husband pursues restoring his honor through another totally independent position You really have two separate yet linked story threads here: the original blindside actions by the arrogant bitch CEO wife generated by her total contempt for what she views as a passive wimp husband...and the second story of restoration and expansion of a new true family with basal respect.

You have done an outstanding job of in depth portrayal of all characters as well as developing a really immersive and complex story line. Congratulations on one of the more compelling restoration stories on this website!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OLD LION - While you may have a point to a degree, NO two people can agree on anything when it comes to a story - ESPECIALLY the ending. Personally, some writers tell a tale so well one is never ready for it to end. CASE IN POINT!

somewhere east of Omaha

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

very well written, happy story. Just remember, not everyone has their financial resources

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Read again. Better story but I can’t see getting back together with a woman after that. Has anyone written a story where she ends up broke and he ends up well off married to a hot younger woman?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

DOBM,

No shit Sherlock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is so seldom there is enough humanity shown in words.

Both of the main characters were portrait of real believable people where lust and life get in the way.

It is interesting to see role reversal in this one and it would be hard to be able to forgive the total lack of respect shown in a survival relationship. Well written and great life story

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Tis my 2nd time around with this story, I'm consistent in liking it as much as I did back when. This a hell of a wordy story and I wouldn't have done like ole Dave did and get back with "Cruella" but that's up to Dave - and the author. This is a terrific story in any case!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wow just wow glad i found this thank you

Purple_Squirrel19Purple_Squirrel19over 2 years ago

Awesome story.

Only wonder what would have dave thought when he found out that Adler kissed Sue before they met up at the cookout. A kiss is still a cheat.

kei52kei52over 2 years ago

Great story. Well written!

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Great feel good story. Great job

waratahwaratahover 2 years ago

Feel good story.

A few glitches with their, and my, or our mix ups.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story, only wished someone had edited a little better. Glitches in names and trying decipher what was actually being said was annoying. Excellent characters. Thanks for sharing.

Chuck100Chuck100over 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story. The read could have been improved with a proof read. The end seem disjointed jumping time back and forth

CaptainRiverCaptainRiverover 2 years ago

A really fun feel-good read. Great story.

Pronouns and editing badly needed. Still, as a posted story it gets 4.5*.

crunch69crunch69over 2 years ago

I liked the story. Taking in kids that need parenting is something that always warms the heart

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really Good story better than porn

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! It is nice for once, to have a writer treat it’s readers with respect. I normally am selective on what I read. This made it worth the wait.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 2 years ago

Good story line. Badly needs editing though. Chops from third person to first person and back in the same sentence. Happens a lot. Still, I always enjoy a happy ending.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Great LOVE story over Rocky roads. Thanks for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great Job. I was worried about the length, at first, but after completing the reading, it was all needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My only quibble with this is Bob’s little speech when he was fired. It’s probably amongst the most stilted dialogue you’ve written.

No one in his right mind would admit to his full plot aside from a Bond villain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love your writing but this story isn’t one of your finest. He finally got a spine, left her, then she waltzes back into his life and says this:

"This is the girl's room. It belongs to them now. It will be their sanctuary if things go bad. You need to make sure Marsha has keys so she can come over anytime. Understand?"

After the way she emasculated him, would he really have tolerated being spoken to like that? In his own home no less?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a good story but after it was done it just kept going and going. Also it seemed kind of off that they decided they had missed the boat on having a child because she was 36.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

I read this and wondered where it was going? I like the story but would have loved it if it would have been more consistent. One question? What happen to the fornt end of the car?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

with me why wife would have been dead after she fired me

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051about 2 years ago

Dave.......Fainted! hahahahahahahahahaha I fell out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome story! 2nd time read.

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Again one of my favorites

shetweasleshetweasleabout 2 years ago

Great story sadness happiness and love

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The first half is probably a 3 or 4, the second half is a 0 or a 1.

The initial concept makes sense, arrogant succesful way with too much pride and disgruntled husband. The conflict and tension make sense, it's believable. Everything after that flies off into space. If you had introduced vampires and aliens it would have made more sense than when the "reconciliation" started.

They went from 90% chance of divorce to happily married and adopting the neighbors in the span of one party. It belittles the effect of abuse in a relationship to a shocking degree thinking you just get over it instantly.

As far as the technical side, I would highly advise having someone proofread your stories. A ton of rookie mistakes were made, they weren't massive, but they definitely pull you out of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Page 1, wife fires husband, husband files for divorce, end of story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

well done

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Anon page 1,

Would that it were so. Helluva story but no fucking way I could trust that bitch again. I'd have been gone before she got home looking for an overseas job and leaving an asshole lawyer to claw as much money out of her as possible. No counseling since I'd be in another country.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Incredable, well done, creative, loving, hating, but what hapened to the car bumper?

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

The story is very quick. It leaves many important details out and many loose ends. It leaves almost all feelings out and reading it, I felt like reading a summary

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Drifted around and had serious POV issues from beginning to end.

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

The story had many good points but desperately needed a good proofreader. Too much crying and fainting. with a little bit of work, this woulf be worthy of five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

3 stars for the first 3 pages, 0 stars for the rest.

RePhilRePhilabout 2 years ago

One of my favourites!! I noticed a couple times you mixed 1st and 3rd person narration in a single sentence ie:

HE stood, placing MY hand on her shoulder. "Go back to ….

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Read it until the end. Some pleasant passages. Some offputting uses of the wrong pronoun which my eye learned to skip over.

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

5/5

A beautiful story of a woman who became a true LW.

Finding grammatical errors in such a wonderful story is nit picking.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

i dont understand all those errors almost feels like u did it on prepose

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Going back and forth from first person to third person, often in the same paragraph and sometimes even in the same sentence, was really irritating. On the other side, the plot was very, very well done and the character development was really excellent. Those factors far outweighed the technical glitches. Really great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For me, the bottom line is she cheated him out of a family by her career choices, then ended up with what she wanted all the time. What a totally selfish bitch.

On the other hand, he’d known what she was like for a number of years so he should have dumped her earlier and become a proud dad with a more considerate woman and a loving family. The world needs more folks like that.

In respect of spelling, grammar and other errors, well, so what? The guy wrote an entertaining story so well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

lousy grammar.

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

The beginning of the story was so hard to understand how 2 people that loved each other could do this to each other. I will admit that the rebuilding of their lives and loves had me in tears many times. Were there minor grammar and typos? Yeah but they did not distract from the story. I think that some times people forget that the authors here are not professionals. Thank you for taking time to craft this story and sharing it freely with us. Well done 5*

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

Yes the grammar was poor. The constant switching from of perspective was sometimes hard to follow. However this is a truely well thought out story. There are parts that grab you, with sadness and also joy. You are a gifted author, thank you for taking the time and sharing this story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A good story. I just didn't like the happy, RAAC ending. He should have fried Beverly, divorced her and moved on. I just have a hard time rewarding that kind of self indulgent, I'm better than you, bitchy attitude. She deserved to get what was coming to her - a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yep. Her behavior was so over the top it read more like a parody of a bad romcom, yet, somehow, despite her being essentially the Queen Bitch of the Universe he STILL lets her get away with it? Oh, hell no.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not sure why the author of this is so proud of his editors, when there are enough grammar mistakes within to fail Freshman English.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

4 stars second read and this time I tried reading every word instead of my usual skimming.

After such an acrimonious and bitter separation between the MC's that has lasted for 10 weeks, without any attempts to contact whatsoever, the almost ex-wife finally shows up at his house and knocks on the front, only to be graciously invited in without any hesitation at all - NO WAY. Not in this lifetime, at least never have I ever in more than 70 years, seen anything quite like what you depicted here. It's like suddenly things made a 90 degree turn - without the necessary preparation and planning that should have been well documented. She should have been required to do some major ass-kissing, wooing and negotiating to get anywhere near the man she fired, emasculated and literally forced out of HER house, plus (10 missed anniversaries) for several YEARS. So for me, the rest of the story from that point on makes little sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Most of the time I felt like I was watching a Hallmark movie in print. But that's not exactly a bad thing, only predictable. But predictability is not a bad thing either, and this story--plot wise--was good enough to hold my interest. The ready-made family of Marsha and Ari was a little much, but who doesn't love kids...especially well behaved, properly grateful, loving ones.

I would have liked a little more hot and heavy sex between the protagonists, though; but that's only a small bunch of sour grapes. Overall, an enjoyable time in make-believe land....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Definitely a fantasy, but I guess it is a feel-good story. No way would someone with Beverly's personality traits be able to turn on a dime. A real person with her ego would blame the husband for years and never accept that she was at fault. She also wouldn't jump head first into family life.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Nice! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

RePhilRePhilabout 2 years ago

Absolutely great writing but very predictable from the first sentence you knew they were gonna get back together just once it would be nice to see a man maintain his balls through the end of the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

After all the bullshit that she put him through. He takes her back? Works on the marriage, goes to marriage counseling? Too much work. She'll never not be a ball buster. Trade her in for a new younger woman. I know that's harsh and mysogynistic. Good story for optimistic readers.

1...34567...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8996 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories