All Comments on 'Let Go'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 842 Comments (Page 6)
PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

A little clichéd, but well done all the same. 4 stars, it loses one because of the unrealistic manner in which she fired him initially, in a litigious country like the USA, that firing would have had to have had the HR dept rubber stamp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The Hallmark Movie ending. I don't think he would EVER take her back, no matter the circumstances. Given the way you wrote the story and the character you gave him, RAAC just wasn't a real possibility. Several authors have written this scenario and it would be cool if one of them had the couple splitting up in the end kinda like real life, no happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dave did a great job of building a new life once he moved away. They only thing he forgot to do was divorce Beverly for irreconcilable differences while we was still unemployed and before the settlement with her company. If he had done then the story leading up to Beverly showing up unannounced and uninvited at his new home would have been 5 stars instead of 4.

The reconciliation ruins the first half of the story. Overall all 1 star because of the second half of the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Reverse the roles

If the roles were reversed, and it was an utterly incompetent husband firing his wife, and slapping her, I'd doubt the man hating misandrists of the loving wives section would be jumping up and down for joy, calling it "romantic", like they are for this one. Apparently though, it's ok for a spouse and employer to be an incompetent and massively self entitled abuser if it's a woman and the victim is a man. That's the "modern world" I guess. This is a massively over rated story.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Beautiful und Romantic tale of loss (of connection) and Redemption.

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

*"Let Go" of Dignity*

[Disclaimer- This comment is my opinion and no one needs to be offended, and i know people need to read this kind of Disney tale to have hopes in their lives even if they are the one who took wrong decision.]

.

This was my first read in the "Loving Wifes" category and probably the last one. I stopped reading when she showed up and he reacted calmly and said honey. I wanted to stop before but mustered up until that point i lose my cool. I am a feminist and agree all the most comments about how this is a fine example of "Suck up boy Dont be MCP". I had high hopes when in the beginning beginning these points were mentioned by the ML of how much he have suffered. But if truth would be put out there in market, i guess Disney would go bankrupt.

He got fired by his high nose wife [justified by calling it manipulated by her employee], and got slapped. And afterall that empowerment shit in the beginning i witnessed the dignity of a man getting slaughtered. Is it too much to ask for having some dignity after trying your best reconciliation in last 8¿ years in his ignored married life and literally being human dildo.

I really hope this won't teach young boys that they have to concede in a predicament. No true feminist would tell you to eat up your dignity because you are a male. You got slapped because you said factual suggestions to an egoistic person hell if the roles were reversed this would fall in "Non Consent" and tags Abusive, Manipulation.

1 star just because it helps it to lower the percentage even by a little.

Again its my own opinion which i shared to put some lights on how this ending is the expectations of successful woman in real life. But when became a single in 40s they realise they need that one person who cared for them. And Relation is a 2 way bridge. Love or Hate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Did she ever give him the bumper/bumper cover that she bought off Facebook for his project? Just asking as no mention of it at all after she bought it in the story. Plenty of people complaining about spelling/grammar errors, or BTB, but nothing on the car she bought a part for that he needed? Or did all of these readers miss that nugget?

Personally I thought it was a very well written story with a few plot twists thrown in so it wouldn't totally fit a Hallmark movie. Yes, there was tragedy, pain, hurt, and other things that happen in real life, including getting "Let Go", but it just showed that by picking yourself up, dusting off and getting back in the game you can make something of yourself. I liked it for what it was, a well thought out good story, with some well told wording to make it all come out right. After all, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it. I also liked it for being more of what I would expect for a "Loving Wives" story, rather than what the entire section has become basically a Cheating Wives story forum, or even a Cuckold forum. Shouldn't that be in Fetish? Or will Literotica add a "Cheating Wives" Forum for those stories to go into.

This story and many of Saddle Tramp's stories fall into a similar genre that makes for good reading, and not everyone wants to read about "how to become a Cuckold" or some such story. Maybe there are people on here who like that sort of crap, but there are some of us on here who want to be entertained by a good well thought out story, that's written well.

This was my 2nd time reading this story, and I enjoyed it just as much this time as I did the first time I read it, and I gave it 5 stars.

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

I too noticed that there was no mention about if/when/how the bumper was given. Maybe it was lost in the editing? I also suspect this was first told in 1st person, as there were my/me instead of his/him in a few places. I wouldn't take away stars for those mistakes, however.

What I like about this story is that pride and revenge doesn't get the better of love. Might have been worthwhile to write more about the reconciliation process, as it is probably tougher than the decision to try once more. Too many people, and stories as well, rather turn into hate and take the revenge, even if it is only by getting as much money as possible from the other party.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Overseas job instantly. Well written but hell no I don't want that cunt back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding as a Romance.

Even better as powerful lessons about building a life of love.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

five stars vrey nice ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

very sweet. author should enrol in a writing course. online would work. don't know the name of the problem, but it is obvious. no grammar errors otherwise. congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you again for your wonderful story. I just reread it and I cried even more.

FastreidyFastreidyalmost 2 years ago

I loved it, cried soooooo hard. Love is all that matters.

The ending did seem a bit dragged. And stalking him on FB 20 years ago 🤔

Any truth in it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is the best story in this theme. A well constructed nicely developed plot. 5 stars.

Just a few comments.

I did not like that they reconciled. The mindless damage she did to their relationship over such a long period of time was irreparable, and it was just an indication of something else deeply wrong with her.

I could not understand people pressuring him to take her back when she had clearly never appreciated him. He just did not have what she wanted.

And now she has buyers remorse, so to other people he is the one who has to continue paying. They are enabling her to continue taking and forcing him to still be the only one giving. It shouldn't matter any more what she wants. She is the one who stupidly threw the baby out with the wash water. His friends should be looking at what he wants, not what her whims and fantasies are.

Why on earth would he settle his case out of court? That is so absurd. And his lawyer turning down a chance to make money in a cut and dried case. Never going to happen. The law firm would be out of business in a very short time.

He had already won at the tribunal, he had a clear cut case for victory. All that was left for the judge to do was to name the price. Why didn't he just take up her mantra its only business. He was going to make some money that was rightfully his. She is the one who demanded the separation between business and their relationship. Let her live with the consequences of her own folly.

Still a great read though.

viking_blueviking_bluealmost 2 years ago

This could have been a 5-star piece except for the problem: continuity ones, the feeling that many parts were cut and paste from other stories without any semblance of editing, and the fact that up until the end Be was still running everything.

Hard to believe this was written by someone claiming to be a published author. I almostthought it was written by someone for whom English was a secondary language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Frankly, I thought Dave had actually improved his life with the actions he took after leaving Bev, and was disappointed that he let her back into it. As I see it, although he manned-up for a short while, it was apparently just so she'd see his point, before he caved to her -- again.

So, although q tells the story pretty well, I can't say that I liked it all that much.

The few 1st-3rd person switching present were also a little jarring, especially where they occurred within the same sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Most of LW writers have no clue about how to write a believable reconciliation story. You're not the exception.

When you are planning to write a reconciliation tale you, you don't present us with worst case scenario. As many commenters pointed out, there is not going back from what she did. She is an entitled bitch who disrespected him in the worst possible way and showed little or no remorse at all. Only when she was finally faced with the consequences of her actions, she went into damage control.

Sorry, but I don't see how they could end together again. Forced RAAC= 1 star.

btw, you need an editor asap. Other pointed it out, but your story jumps from 1st person to 3rd person. The commenter who talked about copy and paste made me think. You certainly took a lot from the comments of BG33 story.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Literotica is interesting. When you read a story the first time, many times you will either love it or hate it. I loved this the first time. If you read again, you notice just how inconsistent and unbelievable it all is. Honestly, this isn't that good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 stars and ignore those who only ever want to see BTB endings that leave everyone with collateral damage.

He got his manhood back by regaining his rightful place i.e. equality and she had to face and ditch her ego and become the other half of that equality.

And they managed to bring some happiness to a couple of other lost souls too. Bit fairy-tale maybe but in a world so full of misery such as ours is, why should we allow the haters and the wreckers to demand and get only dark nihilistic outcomes?

Off with the haters and wreckers heads and huray for a good outcome!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story overall. My biggest problem is Bev's reconciliation. It was supposed to be, and should have been, a long and hard fought battle. Instead, it was a bbq and they were back together. It feels as though the author wanted to make that the crux of the story but, when they got to that part, said screw it and moved right on to a fairy tale ending.

ian0452ian0452almost 2 years ago

As usual another excellent story. I really don’t think I have read a bad story by my favourite author .

tarkabukktarkabukkalmost 2 years ago

What a great story

Thank you for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I can't remember how many times I've read this.

But what I can tell you is that, sometime in the future, I'll be back to read it again

And sometime after that, again

Thanks qhml1, for everything :)

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzonealmost 2 years ago

It's a bit long , but a great story overall.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A fairy tale to end all fairy tales...in a good way.

Kudos...and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Had parts I didn't like But 4 stars.

Kept name, separate accounts, she decided no children,etc. BUT he finally got balls back. 36 too old?! good you resolved that issue.

Counseling put off. No needed now not later.

Some are niggling points And so 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Decent read, although there's plenty of faults.

From the way the story is written, Bev isn't supposed to be as bad as Dave thinks and truly loves him. Which is why, she's humble enough to understand her faults. But you didn't make this clear, or never envisioned it to be the case. Would be dissapointed if it's the latter.

The major issue is that the reconciliation happened way too quickly. While the idea was right it should have taken longer for Bev to reverse the damage and prove that she was willing to change. Nobody expects change within a week to be genuine. Especially somebody as shrewd as Dave is depicted to be. He'll wait until he's sure that she isn't just acting.

Also, the girls just felt way too conveniently placed and served no purpose. I personally think the story shouldn't have spanned their entire lives and focused on the reconciliation, because after that the story is irrelevant.

People saying that Bev here was "unforgivable" are the sort of people that won't manage a real relationship. People do have to forgive to maintain one, and Bev certainly hasn't actually been an unloving or abusive partner. She hasn't cheated or tried to purposefully hurt Dave, or emotionally manipulate him for her own gain. She's just being a bit selfish because she hasn't been put in a situation to reflect before. Phases like that are to be expected in the long run. She's a pretty well written character, I have to say. Dave though is a bit too perfect. He should have been slightly incompetent to the very least. Depicting him as being held down didn't fit with how the story was written.

waltdeewaltdeealmost 2 years ago

Well done! Well done! There are some spelling and grammar mistakes to fix but who cares? Your writing had me tearing up at times. This could be repackaged into a short novella or something. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A masterpiece of a story (even when you have us tearing up) but a masterpiece disaster for the rendering. I feel a total lack of respect for the reader, us, because we do NOT always know who is speaking, who is the story teller, etc. Let's see one such example:

"... and spent a lot of the summers TOOLING (should read TOURING) around the U.S.... "

Do NOT publish any new story without rereading it at least 5 times to remove these errors. Or better yet, ask Randi Black to edit your stories as you did with another one of your stories.

5* for the story

1 * for the rendering

BJ

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

5 stars I enjoyed the story. I was waiting at first for her to start cheating or some such thing, but this was a better story. Yeah, she cheated.... with not another man but her job.

For anonymous (BJ), TOOLING around means to travel as in meander, not in a hurry to get someplace, just enjoying the trip.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY! Bev thought she had it all being the big boss at her job. Dave loved her enough to let her think that, until she fired him. When he left, she started to realize her mistake. He bought a home and soon adopted the neighbor kids. That made her complete, after . Through shear luck, Bev met the neighbor kids and it changed her life. She not only wanted to stay married, but realized those children needed a family. She realized, upon taking the kids in, what her priorities she have been, got straightened out and became an actual wife, mother, then grandmother...

Bobcat13Bobcat13almost 2 years ago

This is one of my all time favorites. The only change I would have liked is to have Marsha adopted also since many jurisdictions allow adult adoptions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Trust is like a mirror that can't and never be repaired. Even if you try it will never goes back to same and it will only be worse. There's a quote in between us mens; " A man can be killed but can't be humiliated" there's also one more; " A man isn't a man without dignity." From the beginning to the end, the story self centred Beverly, the fmc and our mc is a man of spineless, without backbone and also with dignity. Fmc never get punished for what she did, she didn't even get one percent sufferings of mc. She fired her husband, insulted him and to the 8 years of their 13 years of marriage,. she didn't attend their wedding anniversaries, and did many things. But when just did what staying away from her everyone blame him and told him he already punish her enough. Seriously of all the 13 years being insulted, used, and inferior to Bev gone like that. Well, its a fictional so I won't complain to author or anything. But in reality it's really impossible. MC took her back, they reconcile. It's bullshit , I don't if mc is beta man or real. But for a man who ever it is its impossible to swallow their dignity. It's literally impossible to take fmc back for mc or their marriage to exist. Because what fmc did and said can't be undo or taken back. Well you know people never change, and I saw it with my own eyes. Just like that things never remains the same no matter how much you regretted your actions or apologized after hurting your loved one. Everytime when mc sees fmc he will remember his past, all the sufferings etc.

And the matter of children, is the alone reason and enough to end their marriage. Everyone mc sees fmc he will realize he can't have children because of her. If everything thing wil be solved just because of adoption, why would women will go through child birth and a adopted can't fullfill the role of your own flesh and blood. Also many womens have their first child after 36, my grandmother is an living example and many other of my distant relatives.

gladventurergladventureralmost 2 years ago

Brilliant. I absolutely loved it. Bev woke up and realized what truly matters in life. Without love, without the people you love success leaves you empty instead of full. People who live for love can change. And forgiveness flows from strength not weakness. Thanks for a great story.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ I liked your story. You need to proofread. The pronoun mistakes are quite jarring. There are also numerous grammar and syntax errors.

That said, I loved your FANTASY where everything turned out so well. But yeah, this is obviously FICTION. Their reconcilliation was so improbable and contrived. No man I've asked would want to get back with such a woman. Even female friends said that woman would already have been fucking someone higher up the ladder. Divorce the CEO. Take her for everything she's worth, just like women do. Destroy her career? Why not? She destroyed him as a man!

Nice Fantasy, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

We old people do still say "tooling around ". A truly epic story full of sadness and elation. Happy and sad tears flowed freely. I feel grateful to have read this. Yes there are flaws in writing, but it was still clear and easy to understand.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I could only give this a 3 star rate because this is “Literotica” so where is the sex? It’s a good story but it does go on and on with so many tears, spoiling it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

“He stood, placing my hand on her shoulder?” One of a number which make no sense. You need a new editor.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

The reconciliation fails basic credibility. “Understand?” “Yeah, I understand you’re still the same bossy bitch. Get the fuck out!”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What an interesting idea for unfaithfulness. Thanks for not making him a cuck to office gangbang and another one that followed by the Koreans gangbanging her. 5/5. Love your work

Nato

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 1 year ago

Thank you for your lovely story. I don’t mind the fantasy of it all. Your male protagonists tend to be men of character, highly competent in their field, with high levels of stoic self-control, indomitable wills and rationality. But I never really feel a sense that your heroes are really in any danger. They will win through. Wouldn’t it be great if we were all like that! Unfortunately, many of us are flawed, and we lose and have to make sense of it all and keep going; so it makes it hard to really empathize with such “heroes,” and so your stories tend to have an otherworldly quality to them (at least to me). And that detracts from what are otherwise interesting premises. What if he were an average individual that his wife had just lost respect for? What if what you saw was what you got? Not an exceptional person but average? I liked MM’s tale, “Ego.” Why? Whether one likes MM’s approach or philosophy or not (and not many do) his tale involved an average guy with a big heart. I guess that there is too much of a facile Ayn Rand quality to the relationships. What if we could all be successful! It not everybody is; not everybody can pull themselves up by their bootstraps. I would be interested in a story where there was a character whose only superpower was the power to endure. And the power of his own integrity. Rather than the usual…

Master_JonesMaster_Jonesover 1 year ago

I gave it 5 stars.

There are many places where the perspective changes from 3rd person to 1st person and that was close to causing me to stop reading. There are some other issues, like what happened to the car she bought to try to help win him back. Adding in the completion of the car and a romantic road trip would have been a nice touch.

as to the haters down voting for lack of sex, ignore it. It is tagged as loving wife, which often doesn't have graphic sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed it, until the end. You suddenly couldn't keep a timeline straight and your writing quality dropped as you tried to wrap everything up in a quick jumble. Also, you changed it from "Sal" to "Sol" part way through. You were consistent once you changed, but it was disruptive the first few times I saw the altered name.

MyInspirationMyInspirationover 1 year ago

Love this story, keep on coming back to it. 10/10

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one of my favorites and have it read now 4 or 5 times. I am all for a good RAAC and like those but now after reading it again I just cannot see how he could forgive her. If it was me I would not. Honestly this would have been better as a BTB or just they go their own way. Also 36 for a woman is not that old to have a child. Yes there can be complications for an older woman but she can still have a child. Where there is the will there is a way. My mother was 41 when I was born. My father's mother was 44 when he was born and she had his brother 2 years later and that was in the 1920's.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[03.08.22]

I don't know if they were intentional buuut I loved the SNL/Coneheads references:

The girls consumed mass quantities.

Both parental Units.

11/10!!!!!

P.S. - I re-read this about every month.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's surely the sequel of another story which I've read number of times but let me tell you, the way you rewrite the story, it's unbelievably loveable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

really loved this story, it seem like the last 2 pages speed everything up to fast. but still a great story..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this, and I am not a reconciliation guy. I was wondering about the abrupt ending. Also, what ever happened to the classic parts car? Did I miss something

ryantrixryantrixover 1 year ago

I have read a plot similar to this in a novel, but it didn't had a shitty starter like firing for no reason, going against company policies and saying its business, no that one had a proper reason, that woman wanted some gray assets but couldn't get them at current discounted rate, so she used her husband's name, who had dealings with military and arms manufacturer, after that she divorce him, basically gaining the assets legally..... sadly they both reconciled as well, BTW this bs of adding Marsha and ari was bad move... in fact the story end around page 5, after that its nonsense.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Where this story was complete BULLSHIT was the fact that the fucking cuckold husband just bends over and takes her back immediately upon her return. Like seriously wtf sort of man would do that and quit with the love crap she forfeited her rights to any type of loving a long long time ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not entirely sure what story xhristianj was reading, but it certainly wasn't this one. Or maybe it was and he/she/whatever just doesn't understand the concepts of forgiveness and reconciliation. Either way, the only BS was the comment.

I disagree with ryantrix -- I actually think Marsha and Ari made their reconciliation easier by giving him an outlet for the paternal instincts that he had earlier been forced to suppress.

And anonymous raises a good point -- the car did kind of vanish into thin air.

CHTechIndustriesCHTechIndustriesover 1 year ago

Wow. As the last few comments pointed out, some plot holes. But, it was amazing, and, @xhr… sounds like a different story, or you misunderstood. When he said “cheated”, he meant she was effectivly married to her job.

Now, as for the story, beutiful. Some plot flaws, but a beutiful story. Frankly, it had me crying, which isnt easy. Amazing work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story but DESPERATELY needed proof reading: spelling switching characters names in the paragraph.

One major complaint. WHY are their never any boy babies that grow into sons and men. Almost all the writers her favor the girl children to 99%. To me this smacks of anti-male feminist negative biasing.

Think on it folks and see if I'm correct.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

5 just because I'm a sentimental player fool and loved the story. But it seriously needs some rework. You almost had it finished but it's apparant that in writing and re-writing you at some point at least once, maybe in the beginning, were trying to write it from the first person perspective, but in the end chose to write it from the third person narrator position. But then missed changing from first person to third person in some places and that was jarring to me, especially the first time I noticed it which I think was in the arbitration scene when somebody referred to "my company" leaving me perplexed about who was telling this story and was it suddenly being written from the owner of the company's perspective when I had no idea that charactor, whoever he or she was, was even there art the hearing. It could use some real editing attention. Something I've wondered about befire: Does Literoticz have permit continued editing once a story has been published? Does the software have that capabilit, even? But still a 5 from me because it's just a good story and I'm not going to take away from that over the editing issues.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read (5 Stars)

This was one of the better stories I have read on the RACC scale of stories.

As always the writing in this story was is some of the HDK best. To me what makes the story is the level of detail in the family building from 2 broken families into one.

Thanks for telling this story in your manner. It was a joy to read.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very good story that should have been a five star effort but fell to 4 stars with an unacceptable ending. He should have gone his separate way from Bev no matter how good you tried to make her seem in the end. Too little, too late.

woodwardwoodwardover 1 year ago

There are too many english majors commenting on stories all over the site. Take the author's offering for what it is and as usual if you can do better do it or can it.

jrphdojrphdoover 1 year ago

Probably your worst story I have read yet. Is there really anyone out there that would stay together after that? Does it really matter that he had some type of personal transformation? I would have taken my share of whatever they had then went and excelled somewhere else. Another reason to never have a husband and wife together at a business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with 'woodward', they obviously were able to read the tale so where is the beef. Some people think that just because they have an ass they need to show it. One of the best stories I have read yet!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lots of pronoun trouble. I mention it because it ruined the flow of the story. As for the story - it’s a fairy tale. Lots of warm fuzzy moments, but completely unbelievable. I’m not saying it’s a bad story, I just like a little more substance.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Again, didn’t move far enough away. Should have dumped her over the kid thing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bev fires Dave because she wants to, Bev doesn't attend any special occasions in their 13 years of marriage included anniversaries because she doesn't have time, they didn't have their own children or pets because Bev doesn't want to, Bev humiliated her husband and then fire him without leaving him any dignity or a chance to explain himself, because she believes another man more than her man, she doesn't listen to Dave in any of the business proposition he gave her because in her eyes he doesn't have any value, when he argue with her or talk back first time in their marriage she slapped him, when Dave left her house Bev wants him back because there's no one to cook food when she comes home late, no one to comfort her, Dave is her light in this world etc etc. THE entire marriage and and THIS entire story revolves around Bev's wants and needs. Bev is a dominant woman who don't have any care and respect for her husband and Dave is a spineless coward who don't have any backbone, who even after all the 13 years of humiliation, insults, used like a miad and dildo, goes back to Bev. The reason of his wimpy behaviour his one sided love. Hah even his own boss's wife takes Bev's side. This marriage can't be any more dead. Saving it means even Dave doesn't respect himself, and Bev is right in all the years of their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The extremely high rating of this story tells you a lot about the people who read these stories. Some of the sillier comments try to defend the story but a good number of them fully explain everything that is wrong with this poorly thought-out story and how nonsensical the reconciliation is. SMH

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This is a story that deserves a rewrite with an actual Male as the Husband. I mean I know this author considers this a romance but really it's nothing short of a Tragedy.

The wife is obviously the biggest fucking bitch ever seen in fiction since the fucking Brothers Grimm. I mean talk about blatant recriminations her shit list is like the white pages.

But even worse is her fucking Wimp, Cuck, Beta Bitch of a Husband. Just horrible story horrible characters and horrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Read this story multiple times looking for any sort of logical reason why he wouldn’t have divorced her the moment she fired him without cause. There were too many lapses of judgement on her part. The firing without just cause only seemed to make him seem like even more of a wimp.

The fact that he accepted her without any changes on her part only made him appear to be even more of a wimp, if that were even possible. Forgiveness is great if; 1. The guilty party asks for it and, 2. Changes are made to assure it never happens again. In this story Beverly does neither. What does she do to prove she is truly sorry for her past actions?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think it’s a great story, totally disagree with the negative comments. Dave and Bev were in love when they married and as things in each of their lives changed gradually, they didn’t make the adjustments they should have made. So the alienation crept up on them gradually enough they just grew accustomed to it. Until Bev made her big business decision to can Dave, which sure did wake him up. Yeah, he hadn’t been content, but until then he was just stewing instead taking positive steps.

I’m going to make a guess that the negative commenters are mostly male, and what they say about “Dave never should have taken her back,” is male pride talking. Whatever.

As for the writing quality, well, there are lapses. Seems to have been very hurriedly written and not edited. I don’t hold that against the author.

CDRLawCDRLawover 1 year ago

I typically don’t care for reconciliation stories but this one’s pretty good. Very original concept. About 5 pages too long though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

3rg reading. Still 5* for the story and 1* for the rendering (too many mistakes, errors, etc.)

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story line is so-n-so but the grammar is some of the worst i've read in a good while.

Why have you not used an editor to correct all the mistakes. You go from First person to Second person to Third person so many times it's hard to figure who's coming or going.

mfbridgesmfbridgesover 1 year ago

I'll be honest, I don't she showed enough remorse for everything she put him through.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

What makes absolutely no sense is that this Man was a willing Beta to his Wife's Alpha role within the Family for literally YEARS. He finally does his own version of the worm has turned gets his self respect back and builds his own successful career completely separate from his Wife.

Yet despite all of the years of denigration, disrespect and abuse (lets be honest it was abuse). The moment she makes a half hearted apology and asks for him to take her back he bends over and says yes please may I have another.

So as a red blooded Male fuck this bullshit story dress it up as love or RAAC but it's a cuck story except it's the Wife doing the cucking and the Husband is the fucking BITCH.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

There's just no coming back from that. Not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bev was a corporate bitch!! He let the bitch back in his life too easily - she didn't suffer enough

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Regardless what others have said, I find this story one of my favorites. If the roles where reversied, where the man was having an affair with his work, then this would just fall into the standard workaholic trop.

A must admint, I'm a succer for endings that result in correcting a wrong.

Thanks for the story.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Too

Too sugary for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'd have hired movers and left with my stuff and then burned the house down at the end of page 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story no cheating just recatching love creating a family, surprised nothing stressful happened after they reunited but it is fiction

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks. Nice story. I loved the wholesomeness and the struggle and the positive priority you placed in the story through the characters and their choices. Good job!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Shoulda' been gone the way she made him feel.

And we should've been over.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

To each their own. I for one liked the story, even if it was kind of strained at the start. Thought it was going to be a bitch slap, revenge and get on with the devoice, but that's not how it turned out. There were some parts where things were repeated, maybe just stated a little differently. Yes, it was a little too sugar coated at times but all in all, a good story with a somewhat drawn out happy ending. Don't understand the need for the move to Crete, seemed kind of out of character for Waxmans.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Excellent first half. Sudden, unwarranted husband's feelings change in the second half.

He resented her, did not speak to her for months. Then he wants to try again, suggests seeing a councilor.

The road from resentment to forgiveness is missing. Took me out of the story.

Other than that, a well-written story.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. I've read it several times. One of my favorites, though I think the part where she kissed Adler didn't fit the tale.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Trying to turn over a new leaf and acknowledge the skill even when I hate a plot choice like the male MC being a pussy.

This is a helluva write. Changed my vote to a four.

Could be the MC deserves what he gets for being a pussy all those years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An unwarranted reconciliation. I had come to expect better from this author. Disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where you are disappointed, most of the rest of us have found a timeless classic. Of the similar tales like this (the two Q mentioned at the start) this would be my favorite. The others are good also but if this was a paperback I would have nearly worn it out! Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Just a couple glitches. You continually shift briefly from third person to first person. Also, the conversations become muddy when you have to study the dialogue to see who is speaking or acting to whom, (Her to her, etc.) You have to sprinkle in some names now ant the. ( Not she said to her, say Bev told Marsha.)

ReddladyReddladyover 1 year ago

I've read this story several times and it never fails! A great romance.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

How about:

“I’m fired? You couldn’t give me a heads up to resign? You are one stone cold ball busting bitch. I didn’t fire you when you didn’t want to have kids….but apparently I should have.”

Then he found an overseas job that paid great and allowed him to disappear.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

And found himself a young Filipina who adored him and gave him five kids

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Très belle histoire avec des rebondissements intéressants.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story to wash your eyes with tears. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written but no matter how many times I come back to this story I just stop reading after the scene where David tells Beverly that there is no chance professionally. Everything after that should be a completely separate story it is not a romance it is just David being a simp and reconciling with a spouse that does not respect him.

David should have pushed through a public lawsuit against the company and sued Beverly for a divorce at the same time. The lawsuit being settled for half a million once Beverly signed the final divorce papers.

sennodensennodenover 1 year ago

On a reread:

It's a good story, and I enjoy it overall. But she immediately starts bossing him around when she comes back into his life. In a house she barely step foot in as well. Marsha has probably spent loads more time in that house than she has, and she feels like it's in her right to tell the actual owner of the house, that a room in it now belongs to a complete third party. That it, to me, a sign of lacking respect. Would it hurt so much to just ask him? If they're on the same wavelength, he'll easily agree anyway.

jbaby1500jbaby1500over 1 year ago

I personally loved this story. For those that read it and felt he was simp I’d say you were mistaken. His whole problem was that she put her job before and him and treated him like he was nothing more than a supporting character, and his feelings and thoughts didn’t matter. He took her back because she did start realizing she was wrong. Also for those of you reading this thinking he should of divorce her think about her fact that even though she did go on an ego trip she didn’t actually cheat on him just lost sight on what is important. Which I personally believe a relationship can come back from if the spouse or spouses are will to make changes.

1...456789
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8996 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories