All Comments on 'Let Go'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 842 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Excellent story

A few minor points. This author steadfastly employs a superior vocabulary aptly, yet often uses the wrong personal or possessive pronoun! Bit of a head scratcher. However, it barely detracts from the thrust of an intriguing tale. Full marks. Oh...and thanks!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Anonymous points 2 and 4 are my biggies also

Realize your market and your story but like a lot of stories posted here a good editor would cut 20 % off story without ruining narrative actually improve

That's why I love a lot of flash stories

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Loved this story

How one bad decision can change everything for the better.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 5 years ago
Positivity

I like stories with happy endings. So refreshing after reading all the BTB ones on this site. Amazing how nitpicking people get; yes, there are some mistakes here and there, but the happiness and feel-good nature of the story is the key feature to focus on. I have no nits to pick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Idiot

he takes back an emasculating ball buster who has a proven track record of treating him like shit

I'd have run off all the 18 yr olds suitors gotten her in the family way to limit her options and spent the next few years educating the young lass in the pleasures of the flesh

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 5 years ago
She Approached the Reconciliation Like a Business Move and Never Said She Was Sorry

Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What an enjoyable story

When I saw that the story had nine pages I almost called it an end but by then you had me hooked and I wanted to see how hot the fire would be. Then the plot developed into a believable progression of real life movements and a suspension of reality actions which added up to a most enjoyable story.

Yes, there are some mechanical errors with grammar and punctuation and some “reality” problems but who gives a flying rat’s ass. The story opened with this reader waiting to see how Dave would resolve his problems (and hoping for a BTB solution) only to end with a sense of relief that the outcome was so positive.

And, yes, I have to get off my dead butt and create a use account!

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 5 years ago
A fun read

Thank you. A well deserved five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wife was way too stupid to be a CEO

If you're going to deep-six somebody, you make sure all your ducks are in a row; no paper trail? Create one, or have one prepped, just in case, then call in HR, his line manager, give them the phony papertrail, they call him in and shit-can him, they have no choice but to follow their own rules and her hands are tied, she looks like his only ally, and peace reigns, because 'she tried to stop it, but her hands were tied'. If I were a scheming CEO, that's what I'D do, that she didn't shows how basically incompetent she was, firing him off the bat shows how despicable a person she really is, and she deserves to lose her job, now he hates her, takes up with the teenage temptress, and she's left staring at her resume. She's stupid, incompetent, and uncaring, he's better off without her. And she cheated on him with Adler; he at least, kept his hands off other women while he still had a ring on his finger.

jgs1961jgs1961over 4 years ago
Request for writing a similar story-alternate ending on the same direction

Please qhml1, aprove me of writing this excellent story with an slightly different ending, same overall ending but with a variation that i would like. Thanks so much in advance. jgs1961

ewray321ewray321over 4 years ago
Very Good

Enjoyed this immensely. It shows how people can do wrong in a marriage and still make it back with hard work. Too the person that said the wife did not apologize if you really read the story she did. Anyway great story. Thank you for the free story.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
EENY,,MEENY,,,MIGHTY MO

listen to BS and let him go....mistakes were made,,,,while inside the trade....confusion leaves them all aglow, TK U MLJ LV NV

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Hmmmm

Enjoyed it...again. Not sure I'd have ever spoken to her again but it was a well done reconciliation.

Great comments anon wife was way, powersworder and someonetwo three.

Anon mistitled, you should read the story before you comment. Clearly you didn't or perhaps this is not your first language?

I agree the marriage was on life support already. Why was he still there and thanks dear for the kick in the pants to divorce you that I should have done a long time ago.

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Really good

Just reread it (3rd? time) The story took a long plot to encompass all the work that fixing a marriage takes. Good job taking the story all the way there. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too unrealistic

Couldn't get past half-way. Characters didn't act like real humans, situations were poorly drawn.

rick_ohrick_ohover 4 years ago
Well done

In spite of the POV goofs. And, I cringe whe I read the phrase "parental units."

Still, top rating material.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Awesome story

I really hate the loving wives category because most stories end hopeless for somebody, and that depresses the hell out of me. All of yours capture me. I love that he forgave and they grew stronger. I think you built a great thought and emotional process for both main characters.

And frankly, minor errors don’t bother me. I’m not grading a paper. If I quickly see what the author meant, I’m good. I would suggest downloading Grammarly (free) to eliminate obvious ones that are too easy to miss. I know when proofreading my own stuff that I miss obvious stuff because my brain reads what I meant.

Anyway, great story, and thanks.

notredame43notredame43over 4 years ago
sigh sorry q cant say i like this one a bit

Her actions.. forget it shes an arrogant self centered cunt. and that amount of time, nope if it was a guy shed have left and cut bait. And the female character would be right to do so. im curious if someone redoes this one as an alt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry notredame43 but I disagree with you

An author who can take a miserable self aggrandizing almost slut of a wife and transform her to a loving wife, mother and grandmother has a gift for understanding human nature and writing. Not to mention how he took a pathetic somewhat spineless husband to almost heroic heights. I favor btb's most of the time but give credit where it is due - it is a great short story!

jgs1961jgs1961over 4 years ago
Alternate

I would love to write an alternate story to this one, i just need qhml1 permission to publish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Let’s go

Liked the feel good story and all of your work. But there were some parts where the 1st and 3rd person usage was a bit confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WRONG

You have obviously never heard the phrase about a leopard not changing it's spots. Just another pathetic RAAC story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Following in the footsteps of MM and BG33 not a good career move

for an LW author. This one was better than theirs but be careful.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sadly true

This is so much like what happens to a spouse on the high powered career track. They get so caught up in that world they forget what's really important. Well thought out, he had some blame also for not stopping it when it started but most was on the higher powered track. This could have gone either way but I'm glad it went the way it was written. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So, let me get this right

rather than bang the hot 18 yr old looking for a daddy figure he took back an over 35 yr old who treats him like shit and doesn't have time for him?

And jgs1961?

Stop whining and pull the trigger, you dont need permission

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not a critic

All in all , I found it to be a good read. I have had friends in some what similar situations. Their stories didn’t end this way, however a nice diversion from the normal outcome , in a story of this nature

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Happy

I like stories with a happy ending,how ever Beverley doesn't deserve one.

networkgurunetworkguruover 4 years ago
It Happens

Lots of people lose sight of what’s important at times. Beverly realized her errors and corrected things. She does deserve a happy ending.

skruff101skruff101about 4 years ago
Good

Great story nice happy ending.

I’m not really a grammar nazi but several times you switch from third person to first in the same sentence sometimes the same paragraph, this is not conducive to an easy flowing story.

Having said that you do write some compelling stories and errors aside I always look forward to reading them.

More please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoy your writing

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 4 years ago
DON'T REMEMBER IT

don't remember reading this 1. must have because I gave 5 stars .if I could would be at least 10.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
3rd read and still a great story

It's too bad Greece and Crete have become such Shitholes these days. I was there 5 months ago and the corruption is incredible. Although, if you, as Garth Brooks would say, "Got friends in low places", there isn't much you can't obtain or make happen in a corruption filled place like Greece or Mexico. Hell, last year I unwittingly ended up doing business with a Drug Cartel in Mexico and that business had nothing to do with drugs at all. It appears they are venturing out into numerous other revenue avenues including many that are legal ventures.

At any rate, I sure do like this story. Aside from the fact it's a bit slow and redundant in places, has the classic car error that went nowhere in the story and the many grammar errors (which I have found isn't as big of a deal as it used to be for me), it's truly one of the better stories on Lit. Some people complained it should have had an affair with the wife and the A-Hole who tried to professionally hamstring her but that would have changed the entire dynamic of the story and not for the better.

There is another story very similar to this one that is good as well, but this one is far superior to it.

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 4 years ago
SKRUFF101

not 1 single story out of you. after you write some ,then comment on others !!!!!!! clicked on your comment & didn't find a single work much less a story. until you publish shut the UP !!!!!!!

flarebel2327flarebel2327about 4 years ago
CRETE . S F ,L A

LA SF Calif. have also turned into the cesspool along with Crete . no one to blame but the bunch of liberal A$$ hole that run the state.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
poignant comment not pointed comment

A great 5 star story, thanks and more please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A Shame!!

You started out writing an excellent story but then you just had to turn it into another pathetic RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
@flarebel2327

Your comments are a diarrhea of words, and a constipation of ideas. Plus, you don't get to say who may comment and who may not. Just drop off the end of the planet.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 4 years ago
To Southernreb27

Fu*k you bitch, you inbred piece of human Filth, go back and get drunk with your wife/ cousin, and leave the big words to folks that graduated from elementary school. You moonshine guzzling cross dresser.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Loved it flaws and all

The content was fantastic but I’m confused as to the editing. The discontinuity due to POV errors and misuse of personal pronouns and spotty punctuation was distracting. I still gave it a 5 but it really needed a do over.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
For your next story get the facts about women's anatomy

The myth that women can't get pregnant after they reach mid thirties is all bull. My own mother had a baby while she was in her fifties. I have a younger sister who is 22 yrs younger than me and she is the same age as my oldest son. I am now going on 73 yrs young.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A really good plot, story idea and structure...

...but I could only give it 4 stars, instead of the five star rating it could've received.

My comments mirror another recent one, 2 or 3 below this...

The story was very hard to read and follow, in an even flow...because in the latter two thirds of the story, you often changed POV, and even more often did so, in one sentence or para!

I had so much trouble figuring-out who was doing the action or speaking, that I had to stop reading, go back and read the former 2-4 para's, in context, to try and figure-out who was doing what and when.

You even changed from past to present tense, and that, often in the same sentence or para. A lot of it was during dialogue between characters in the story. Usually one lead or the other.

There were even paragraphs where you changed POV and tense, that I had to re-read the para a bunch of times, to figure-out who was speaking/thinking/doing it and when!

Couple of those para's, I still am not sure who was doing, or saying what, and when, or why!

I think you may have even forgot the names of your characters a couple of times, or got them mixed up, or maybe that was just a serious POV, or past or present tense writing error...I don't know for sure, I couldn't even tell for sure, who was speaking, or narrating the story or thought-line in the story at those points...

ALL some very serious and grave writing errors, that went unedited! NOT GOOD!

I really don't know what happened, that led you to post a story here unedited fully.

But, the last two thirds of this story, seems to be the most fucked-up, with a lot of unedited, very serious writing errors. Tons of them!

This is a very good, well thought-out story plot and a real good story...that I still very much liked, by the end! Why I gave it 4 stars!

I like your writing and will keep on looking for and reading your stories, when I find them here! Thank you for writing them! Please don't stop posting new stories for us here!

All the above...just saying...IMO...

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Somewhat interesting but too fake

The story was interesting, but the stilted writing made reading difficult. The dialogue seemed to be written by someone for whom English was a second language and who never actually conversed in English.

I lost count how many times people fainted. Come on - who faints?

I also could not get over the concept of husband working for huis CEO wife. A normal person would have found another job. The constant talk about manufacturing was sad, considering how little we really make in this country.

SoaringCloudsSoaringCloudsabout 4 years ago
Dave wasn't a real person

In this version of this particular story, Dave didn't seem like a real person. He had no flaws, and he was always right. He was even right in areas outside of his expertise. And when would he talk to a Board member about the nitty gritty of the company, and if he did, why would the Board member tell him to talk to his wife about it instead of getting a third party to investigate the details and have that person talk to the wife? Or even directly talk to the wife about the issue or tell her to speak to her husband. Again, Dave was right even above the Board member, here. It was too much.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
Are you CARRTUEN in mufti? Sagas all in a bow!

You're one of my Most Favorite authors on here.

But I'm bumping too hard on this one.

The Heavy Artillery DealBreakers prior to arbitration negated all that followed.

Mating a porcupine and an armadillo who turns into sillyputty at one BBQ?

Nope. As in NO.

Then you made yourself dizzy trying to shape your all-ribbons-in-a-bow conclusion.

Love your usual work. But I don't see this one as fixable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I dunno

It felt like she wasn't trying to get her husband back out of love, but merely treating it like a business transaction. Only wanting him back because she didn't like to lose, and it looked bad for her career. It seemed like she was using the kids as a bargaining chip, knowing that her husband wanted kids. It felt more like a carefully planned merger, than a natural reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A few very odd comments here...

For example, one commenter says that the husband is written as being perfect and, so, isn't a real character. Yeah, if you ignore the drinking and self pity after he was fired and his tolerating the self-absorbed behavior of his wife who fancies herself a "Master of the Universe." Another idiot thinks the husband "sabotaged his wife".

My main criticism of the story, which is technically wonderfully written and has some great character development, has to do with the heart of the plot mechanism. The wife has to fire her husband to get the plot in motion, and then the rest of the story is a long road to reconciliation. I think it doesn't work well because of the particular way the wife is written at the beginning.

The problem is essentially her arrogance and utter incompetence. While many will say that most of the women in senior management got there by affirmative action and really aren't very good, and having had a long career working with major corporations I won't take the other side, what the author needs to write is a character the reader will believe CAN transform in the necessary way to get to a credible reconciliation. I don't see that here.

From the outset the wife is written in a way that indicates arrogance to the point of hubris and utter business incompetence. It begins with a display of her being a lawsuit waiting to happen when she fires her husband that is compounded by the fact that she stupidly makes no effort to find out why her husband, a star performer, has low numbers for one reporting period. Nobody competent, even in middle management, does that. The author compounds the problem by revealing, as the story unfolds, that she hasn't the slightest idea what's happening in her market and that, as a result, she's taking the company off a cliff. The husband, on the other hand, knows what's going on, has superior integrity, and ultimately shows how to save the company.

Someone as old as she is has her personality set. In her case, the drama of the opening shows her personality as being so far out in left field that the subsequent transformation isn't plausible. Moreover, her opening actions are so out of line that it's utterly implausible that a husband would remotely consider taking her back. In this case, it's compounded by the husband having to know that she IS incompetent, along with being arrogant, and doesn't remotely deserve the position she has.

Frankly, I can't see scoring well a plot that is essentially "The wife is a cast-iron, arrogant, incompetent bitch with delusions of grandeur who treats her smarter, more competent husband like shit. He leaves for other opportunities. Then, a miracle occurs, and they live happily ever after.

Apart from this key plot failing, the writing is wonderful. Unfortunately, canapes consisting of Alpo on expensive crackers served on a silver tray, are still Alpo on crackers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well written, but the, oh, the plot...

The criticism of the plot below by ANON is too polite. Here is the unvarnished version: Narcissistic, sociopathic, egoistical, incompetent, affirmative action CEO of a division or a subsidiary fires the best sales and marketing employee (her husband) she has to show how tough she is. Not merely that, but she goes out of her way to humiliate him in the process and renders him virtually unemployable, while at the same time exposing the company to serious liability and fucking up a merger that would save the parent company from having a worthless sub or division in three years. How is she incompetent apart from that? She doesn't have a clue about her market and refuses to listen to someone who not only does, but knows how to save the company from imploding (i.e. her husband). She makes stupid hiring decisions and listens to the advice of her hiring mistake (i.e. Adler). Supposedly goal oriented and "tough", she faints and blubbers in business situations. Implausibly, the board indulges her like a little girl and keeps her on with a warning (plots are supposed to be believable unless they're fantasy).

As a wife, she is self-absorbed, extraordinarily condescending, dismissive of her husband (note the grossly offensive excuse she gave for him not attending business social gatherings with her), and wildly egocentric, even to the point of denying her husband children for the sake of her "career". The firing scene is not something any marriage could recover from (Calling in the 300 lbs enforcer to get the husband out of her office when he's simply trying to educate her on what's going on with the business was an "interesting" touch. Predictably, he's black but "nice", which is a ridiculous and offensive LW cliche).

Now, how in hell can you write a plausible reconciliation from that? The answer is that you can't. "Susan" is something of a deus ex machina to set the reconciliation in motion, even though there's nothing to indicate that Beverly has anything more than a very cordial business relationship with Susan's husband. Moreover, nothing indicates they are close "girlfriends". In real life Saul's wife would NOT risk alienating the most valuable employee Saul has to interfere in Dave's marriage situation.

Susan delivers Beverly to Dave's barbeque without telling him, and the deus ex machina role is picked up by the adorable four year-old girl, another frequently seen LW cliche. Almost immediately, Dave cucks out. Yep, with almost no effort at all the narcissistic bitch is back in the game and miraculously transformed. Then Dave gives his reconciliation speech about parameters, but his status as a stereotypical, feminized, LW male is cemented by his understanding of "marriage": Not "subservient", blah, blah, blah, equal, blah, blah, blah, partners, blah, blah, blah, equal partners, blah, blah, blah. In short, an understanding of marriage, which has NEVER been an "equal partnership" in the sense that feminists have promoted it, in all of recorded history. This simulacrum of an idea is just something that came slithering out of the fetid mental fever swamps of feminism in the 60s, and the vast majority of authors here feel the need to "virtue signal" their feminist bona fides by including this in stories again and again. It's just shallow and boring.

But...there's more! The author isn't done with his feminist virtue signaling because Bev goes on to save the company and successfully merge it with the S. Korean competitor! As a result, she enjoys a reputation as a really, really tough, successful business woman. Of course, this again exposes certain synapses not connecting in the author's head. At no point did the author have Bev demonstrate she could actually solve a business problem. Every business decision she made was purely amateur hour material. Dave is written as knowing what the problem was with the company, knowing what to do, coming up with the idea for the merger with the S. Korean company, and was obviously the one who played the major role in making it happen because HE had the relationship with the company. The authorial plotting right hand needs to pay attention to what it's left hand is doing. In this case, it's the feminized perspective of the author that makes the plot ridiculous if it's examined closely.

I enjoy reconciliation stories, but this is a fail.

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 4 years ago

This is a mashup of two different stories I have read before, elsewhere.......

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Second reading must be better than I originally rated for me to get through this long a story

But agree with anon 5/4 expresses my thoughts pretty close

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Second time

Second time I've read this story and it was just as good this time. The only thing I didn't like was her dalliance with douche bag that took advantage of her when she let her guard down. Even kissing in my book is cheating, but, she realized it and put a stop to it. She should have figured he was up to something when he started talking bad about her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Another Winner

I really enjoyed reading this story. It was truly heartwarming. Well done. 5 stars all thew way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Cannot find mm version

Where

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Anonymous1972

GREAT READ!! GOOD CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. THEY SEEMED REAL.

I STAYED UP TO 3:00 AM TO HAVE A CONTINUOUS READ.

---Anonymous1972

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

So very well done. I couldn't believe she was saying it was only business, I don't know what I would have done. Without a doubt 5 stars.

dpm7242dpm7242almost 4 years ago

Excellent read. Another great storyline.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

It's been a while, so there may be some repeats here.

"[Adler's] been concerned for months, and was very nervous when he brought me the numbers.' =So, Adler's been concerned for MONTHS, yet hasn't said a word to him?

Again, she "wrestled with it" a long time, and never thought to bring her concerns to him?

"I lost friends, relationships I'd had for years, victims to her career." - I wouldn't have lost the friends - I would have visited or had them over without her.

"She had let my ego get the best of her, relied on people who didn't have the company's best interest at heart, and got played like a foolish schoolgirl." - That's too simplistic. That doesn't explain why she never gave him a warning or a chance to explain.

"[Dave] even had some ideas on how to re-channel our efforts to make us more viable in the market." - Too bad she didn't respect him enough to listen to him.

"Won't it look bad, a single older man taking a young woman and child in?" - Who cares how it "looks?" All the people he should care about, know better, and if anyone wants to make trouble, it can be easily handled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Spoiled by bad grammar

I like your writing, some of your stories are amongst my favourites but I could not read this one past page 3 or 4 because you kept flipping from first to third person, sometimes in the same sentence, describing the thoughts of the same person.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
LACK OF PAY, LOWER IN CHAIN OF COMMAND THE RANKS SYMBOLIZE THE STRUCTURE

now who is the leader in the outside conditions,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not only a bullshit RAAC

The author seems to have NO understanding of business at the level he's writing about. The wife is a joke as an executive, and her management is no better. Apart from that, who would take a cunt like that back? Why are the authors incapable of writing something that's at least credible in terms of human behavior and instead write sentimentalized clap trap that can only appeal to low T readers?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Best of the bunch of similar stories.....

But plagued by a couple dozen bizarre POV errors and contradictions, often within paragraphs or even sentences.

I usually hate RAACs but I don’t mind this one.

TreymonTreymonalmost 4 years ago
Not a bad

RAAC. She got carried away with her success and was lucky he gave her a chance.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Good

Dave was far too easy to reconcile after the total disrespect shown by Bev. He should have introduced her to BDSM as a prerequisite to RAAC. Her being the Sub of course!!! At least Bev didn't cheat physically (except kissing)!!!

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 4 years ago
This story is amazing...

This story is AMAZING and a SPLENDID example of just how bad things can, and often also will go, when you spend every waking hour focusing on WORK, bringing your work home with you, on vacations, etc. and don't spend time with your family. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

what happened to the car??

StubbyoneStubbyonealmost 4 years ago
Not a bad story...

although a little hard to believe that she wouldn't have given her own husband a chance to defend himself before firing him. I know it's fiction, but it almost sounds like she was listening to a future lover in anticipation of an affair. Well written, except for the bushel of pronoun and other errors. Did you even use an editor? Very distracting! It squeezed into a 5 because of the good story. I'll try others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

So far the best version of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I do contend that the bigguy33 version is better than it is rated but most of the faults in that story were addressed here. Honestly, anyone who has worked for a living knows there are termination procedures. How these stories seem to ignore that fact is beyond me. That Q realized this earned his high score not to mention his amazing writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story.....but

It was difficult to follow in some places because there were some jarring instances of moving from a first person perspective to a third person perspective, sometimes within the same sentence.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"[Adler]'s been concerned for months," yet hasn't spoken to Dave about his concerns?

She "wrestled with it for a long time." Did it ever occur to her while she was "wrestling" with it, to talk to him about it?

"She waved her hands dismissively, still thinking about her job." - Waves her hands "dismissively" regarding her husband, too worried about HER job.

Sal give hie employees a day and a half off around their anniversary, and PAYS them for the time off? Well, duh! Who gives about UNPAID time off?

"positive that at least, in his world, she was number one." - Too bad that he wasn't HER number one!

"He'd betrayed her husband, her, and the company." - Only with her help! As soon as he came to her with his concerns about Dave, SHE should have asked him if he had spoken to Dave about his concerns.

She says she got bad advice. Who advised her to neglect her marriage over her career. Yes, Adler poisoned her mind against Dave, but that probably wouldn't have worked if her head was on straight.

Bear in mind how her underwear would look under her professional clothes? If anyone can see her underwear, her "professional" clothes AREN'T very professional!

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
A TYPICAL WELL OFF FAMILY D.I.N.K,.NO LOVE

a tragic event turns their lifestyles around, n.k.,sans n. opens up new corridors. TK U MLJ LV NV

nzzynzzyover 3 years ago

all right maybe maybe not

Anonymous91Anonymous91over 3 years ago

The most important thing in a relationship is respect and understanding. It will rock your world. Even your sex life. Ask a professional if you can't come to a conclusion. Don't intervene with a stranger for your family life. Strangers want to advantage from you. But professionals are doing their job. So just don't ask opinions from friends and colleagues about your private life. Even be cautious about what is happening around you. Don't try to drink over if your husband isn't around or don't accept stranger's drinks. If you can, just quit drinking. If you want do it at home.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Thank you

After reading a lot of comments I wonder why authors keep submitting stories just to have them ripped apart by people for reasons I can't begin to fathom. " I would rather you just said 'thank you' and be on your way." Otherwise, pick up a pen and write your own damn story. Sorry, I love Jack Nicholson. I enjoyed the story and as long as the mistakes don't detract from the story I'm very thankful for their effort and hard work. I understand constructive feedback or criticism but some or many (depending on the story) are just abusive. Where else are you going to get this much entertainment for free. Thank you

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Classic LW's tale.

One issue: Bev's conversion from self-centered bitch to all around nice person. Could that really happen? Perhaps.

But as grandma would often say, "Honey, that pie's done baked. "

I've known very solid hard driven business people. And those that ignored thier spouses for work after many years suddenly found themselves heading for divorce court.

Wasn't cheating. It was for ignoring thier spouse.

Why? For the exactly same reason the husband called it quits in this excellent story by qhml1. Their marriages had been nonexistent for years.

That said, 2 things I always enjoy about qhml1's stories are:

(1) solid story driven tales

(2) solid conversion driven tales.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WELL...

AN INTERESTING STORY WITH 1 POSITIVE AND 2 NEGATIVES:

POS: SHE NEVER HAD SEX WITH ANOTHER.

NEG #1: THE AUTHOR HAS A MONSTROUS PRONOUN PROBLEM.

NEG#2: OOPS, I ACTUALLY FORGOT #2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Q almost always writes and develops characters well.

Nevertheless, despite all the "fanboy" comments I see, there is a major problem in the plotting of this story that centers on the wife and her board. As written, she is obviously incompetent in such significant ways that no board would tolerate her behavior. She'd be fired or asked to resign for stupidly creating a massive legal liability, not understanding the company's market, and for bad hiring decisions. This story isn't intended as a satire of affirmative action (such a clearly incompetent woman in a high position immediately brings to mind Mary Cunningham and Carly Fiorina), but it nearly comes off that way. Inadvertently, I believe, the husband was written as being far more capable of being an effective CEO than the wife.

It is refreshing that the plot doesn't center on infidelity, but it would have been much more interesting if when everything came to light within the company that SHE had been fired. As she was written initially, I think that it would have taken that type of shock to cause her to reflect on who she had become and what she had done to her marriage. The reconciliation, then, would have been more interesting a credible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The scoring is too high

Despite the flowing prose, this story founders because of the way the plot is developed. Bev is written as incompetent and almost unbelievably arrogant. In scanning the comments, I see nary a mention of her engaging in domestic violence. She is an egregiously awful, abusive wife, and her position in the company can't be justified. Nevertheless, she keeps her job, which wouldn't happen in the real world - there's just too much stupid there (and her crying in a business meeting?!) - and she gets to keep her husband. With respect to the latter, how? There's a partial personality transplant a few pages in, which isn't plausible, and ultimately the husband continues to be partially subservient to his bitch wife and helps her compensate for her lack of business ability. No man would put up with what she did, and such a delusional, "entitled" woman would not change enough to save the marriage.

As it stands, this is just another RAAC. Could a reconciliation be convincingly written? Yes, but it would take 1. softening her character in the beginning a touch (e.g. the domestic violence doesn't help advance the plot), 2. having her fired, which would create the psychological dynamic that would make a major personality change plausible, and 3. having her grovel a bit and trying to become a part of his world and dreams, instead of being focused as before entirely on her own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just one question about pregnancy....

Where did you learn what you think is accurate about pregnancy? Time for a refresher. Sex at 8 weeks? ANNOUNCING at 8 weeks even? It’s the little things that detract from a good story, and this lack of attention to detail was a detraction.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

4.5* So this is a Btb that turned into a Raac? Excellent story but I question how she could have become CEO if she doesn't understand the company's products and services plus being easily duped by Bob the snake.

BigJim48BigJim48over 3 years ago
Let Go of the proof readers!

I know this was written in 2018 but there were editors/proofreaders on LIT in 2018. The story was good but the switching of tenses and lack of development of some of the paragraphs made this a hard read. Would have assigned a *4 or a *5 had the story been proofed/edited.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

Second Read! Can I give it 5 more stars!? maybe Five Factorial(!) stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your stories always good...but,

This story seemed kinda long and confusing to me in its length.

Couldn't figure what the main male lead character was trying to do in the story...

Definitely wasn't trying to BTB away, which is what the arrogant, choke-hold control freaking, air-headed bitch NEEDED her husband to do for her, every time she opened her brow-beating, condescending, put-down mouth, to her husband, she just fired.

But this hubby...didn't do anything to the fucking useless BITCH, did he, even after she slapped the shit outta him! WTF IS WRONG with this hubby, putting-up with that shit from any woman?

What I couldn't figure is, if this wasn't BTB, in the classic sense, as above...WTF was it?

By this story end...I just...couldn't figure what the story author was trying to do, or say, with this story...

However, the story was well written...maybe just so long, I couldn't figure whether this was BTB in a different form, or RAAC, or somewhere in-between! Nor, if that was even the writers intent with this story.

All the above reasons are why I couldn't give this story over a 3 star vote! IMO then, this story, is a DUD! I guess we all strike-out at least once, when we are at bat...We'll just hope the bases weren't loaded when you struck-out with this story! :)

I will still watch for new stories you've written and posted here author, and read them first!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A very good story, wish there were more stars to give. 5*****

@cumminginher, why do all of your comments start with some unbelievable story about yourself? Are you that self centered? I would have to think that you will never find anyone that loves you as much as you do.

You one man woman you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A nice feel good story

Over the top in my opinion. Also very unrealistic. But hey, it is what it is.

The most unreal part was people as selfish as Bev do not turn around 180 and completely change personality practically overnight. In my experience they get very angry at the other person for daring to ruin their plans and upset their life. And then they blame the other person for everything that went wrong. And it takes years, if at all, to understand that it may have been at least partially their fault.

But as I said , a nice feel good story. Probably a fantasy. But a nice read.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

exceptional story, well written, great pacins and character developments were thoughtful.

this is my all time favourite now

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How life and love should end

It started with sadness and ended with joy. It was a beutifull story and I was moved to tears I can identify with them as we have bean married now for sixty years. Thank you. Love. JOHN xxxxxxxxxx. (John Bridger)

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
What can be said....

Brilliant.

The title, "Let Go", obviously refers to the employee/employer husband/wife on going turmoil.

But it struck me towards the end, it was Beverly who had to 'let go' in her own way to find real success.

Then it struck me, "qhml1, did you do that on purpose? "

The moral of the story within the story reflected in the title?

Anyway, you got your 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Only kinda problem I have with this story

All these keep talking about how smart she is in business. Not one decision she made for most of the story was a good one.

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckerover 3 years ago
Second time reading this one

I admit that I rated it more harshly than I should have the first go around, but there was constant changing from 'him' and 'her' to 'I' and 'we', and that just doesn't jive with what I remember of your other stuff. The story itself was pretty good, but certainly not among the best I've read, either from you or on literotica.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Very original!

This is one of the most original stories here. It's very creative. I can't bring myself to like the wife even at the end, but that's not the definition of a good story.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Wonderful. A true classic.

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 3 years ago
5*. Would give 10 if I could

This is my 3rd read. DAMN you are good. And more tears.....

Please keep up the great writing. Thank you for giving this to us.

Wayne (from FB)

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Good that she learned

I think they loved one another coz both didn't find replacement when there were separated which gave them a chance to get back together

backdoorboogiebackdoorboogieover 3 years ago

Boring. Bland. Gave up reading on page 5. Sorry but nothing sexy covered. 1*.

lbentonlbentonover 3 years ago

I believe you did a wonderful job at this. outstanding even.

great work

lee

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
10 STARS! lol

YOU SIR ARE ONE HELL OF A GOOD AUTHOR. WONDERFUL STORY. THANK YOU!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cracks showing

It's evident that the story was written in the first person and switched at some point. A lot of pronouns got missed (my instead of his, we instead of they etc.) Nothing a little careful editing time won't sort out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

outstanding. great read. well thought out and great plot and your correctors became real and i had a lot of empathy for them.

outstanding job

I don't know why i have to post this as anonymous but they seem to feel the need to monitor my comments if i don't lbenton.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Love it, but...

This is one of my favorite stories. I’ve read it twice now, but the switching of POV even within an individual sentence, is distracting and annoying. Please ask your editor to pay special attention to POV. Choose either first person or 3rd person, but don’t keep switching back and forth.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Great Story

A great story, it left me with a warm glow. It was written with a great imagination and with a warm heart, it's a pity other authors think the cold hearted approach is the best. One big problem, the editor failed to right all the errors.

123456...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8996 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories