All Comments on 'Let Go'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 842 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lazy as usual

You created a nice, realistic conflict and then wimped out with a convenient situation that would draw them together. Instead of having a Beverly slowly change, you used an overnight Scrooge transformation. It’s your same old trick, and it’s really lazy.

Most readers are distracted by your admittedly lovely writing style, but you and I both know that you’re kind of a one trick pony. If you were Hemingway or Shakespeare or Austen, we would call you a stylist, but you’re not, and this is a site where I read porn for free.

One last thing. Maybe people do cry all the time, whatever, but have you ever seen anybody faint in your life? A man? For fuck’s sake, I know it’s literary license, but just quit it, okay? All of you. It makes me feel like an idiot for reading this juvenile crap.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

The premise really carried the story. Surprised more authors do not use it. These days it's as likely you will be working for another gender mostly female.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really good....

would love to clean up poverties and tenses for you.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Such a great story of love, forgiveness and family. Well written with great characters 5 stars

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
Always be wary

Of a women that changes her spots so quickly. Obviously written by a man

muskyboymuskyboyover 3 years ago

On the very short list of my all time favorites! Thank you!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
Changing Spots

The opening salvo with Bev firing her husband was really cold hearted and down right mean "just business" didn't even apply as of course he won his wrongful termination.

The character development was very good. You built up the 'wake up' call pretty good and also his reaction to the wife more involved in business than her own marriage.

Some of the reactions and a happenings were a bit unrealistic but it is a very feel good story what with the adoption of the kids and making a family.

It did bring a tear to my eye but that's pretty normal these days as I still miss my wife of 40 years. Still your good writer and I keep reading, it keeps my mind occupied and helps me understand feelings I've never understood before. Thank you.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Title could have been “Let It Go“...

...in reference to the Frozen DVD purchased, with the song “Let It Go”. Anyone who’s been around kids, at least in the US, knows how they will watch the same video literally a hundred times in a year (and maybe more). Which is weird because I know my generation didn’t do that as a whole. Though, maybe it’s ‘cause we couldn’t? Not having DVD players, and VCR and video disk players were well north of $1000.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFover 3 years ago

Pay attention to your pronouns and POV. You change from 3rd person he to 1st person me I. The same sentence, many times,

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It pisses me off

When I read comments on a great story that speak to grammar or spelling or whatever. Good erotica is gud know Matter how wurds are spelt this a dam herd storey

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 3 years ago

a marvelous inspirational story.....

i love it

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
There sure are a lot of English teachers commenting here.

5 Stars

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though a touch on the long side.Also if the chairman had spoken with Dave about the need reorganise the department,why did he not check to see if it was happening?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Alberto, you sound like you really know what you are doing so thought I'd check out your stories. Color me surprised when I couldn't find any. Thank you Q, you out did yourself with this story. As always you leave me jealous of your abilities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I suppose.....

....that I like this the best of all similar versions. It’s a big effort and a good story even if it’s a reconciliation.

I’m thinking that Bev indirectly did Dave a favor when she shanked him. He’s a sad Beta in a FLH, miserable and without a defined role, well on his way to cuckville. With help he reinvented himself and restarted his dead end life.

I’ve been fired twice and was told both times that I’d thank them later. What a pile of shit. It’s the economic death penalty and I can sympathize with Dave feeling that not only was he out of a job but also he was capped. It didn’t turn out to be reality but I too had to reinvent myself and lemme tell you it’s not fun.

I would have given a 5* but I think it’s an undeserved RAAC and there are multiple weird POV errors pages 2 and 3. If it were just one or two, eh, but it’s a bunch and really interrupted the story for me.

I really like your other works, big fan.

~Enkidu

icebreadicebreadover 3 years ago
Not happy..

I started this when I came to bed... It is now 0430 so you kept me up half the bloody night with this....Five stars from me.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 3 years ago

I loved that story. How about some about the lesser furtoned .

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

36 is still prime for having kids.

She should have given Dave children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story!

I just finished reading it again, truly moving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

Beautiful romantic, love and wonderful story. Definitely a 5 star rating or more.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 3 years ago
Great story, so well written...

... this is one of those stories that I read every six months or so to remind me why I love this website so much. A true 5 star and, trust me, that's a very rare, if not extinct, commodity these days.

JBinGAJBinGAabout 3 years ago

A re-read for me. I liked it even better than the first time. Kudos for a great read ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story with a few lessons learned without scorching the earth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank you...

for writing such an excellent story! Not enough stories written where a couple is able to reconcile and rebuild a relationship! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story, but you regularly mixed up tense and more importantly perspective. At several points I was sure it was originally from her perspective. Then one page later it was peppered with remnants from his perspective.

Keep up and maybe look into getting an editor. There seem to be geniuses on here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story - fucked up ending

He needs to find someone else that might love him and put him first - NOT her career. I wouldn't let the heartless bitch any where near the kids. A divorce was the only possible ending given her level of betrayal. DAMN!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
excellent story

but in real life. the rich spouse soesn't have enough humility left to beg the other spouse for forgiveness. generally, it ends in divorce.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Wow. If I so choose, I can stop reading Literotica stories now, because I've read the best one on the site. Netflix should hire you, because the people whose stories they choose couldn't even check your work for spelling errors. Five Stars only because I can't give it 50. Ignore the angry people who opine for freely, because most of them couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted them a C and a T!

trianetrianeabout 3 years ago

Why so very many perspective and viewpoint errors? 🤔😲

Not a bad effort otherwise, though a bit droll and predictable. Definitely look into getting / using an editor...

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

You have to quit writing stories like this because I can't read them my eyes keep getting all blurry and my glasses don't work!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 3 years ago

Story was pretty good as a variation on the theme of a female CEO firing her subordinate spouse from his job in the same company. I would have liked better editing as there were lots of typos and other errors that were distracting for this reader. The conflict central to this storyline is not new and exemplifies why many companies forbid workplace relationships. One spouse needs to work for another company and once hubby did that, their relationship got a lot better. Finally, except for rare, very specialized blood tests which can determine gender at 9 weeks of pregnancy, one cannot determine gender until 12-13 weeks of pregnancy using ultrasound. The story implied 8 weeks for gender determination and that’s too early (here’s a reference: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/stages/ultrasound/ultrasound-accuracy-is-it-a-boy-or-a-girl/). The author may wish to make a correction. Appreciate the author’s effort and originality and despite the above, I liked this version.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
She is SO not worth it....

She went on a DATE with the guy that helped ruin his career. This woman belongs with the trash she fraternized with....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
There is one bit character who deserves everything that occurred to him

Yep Adler the creep.

After he was let go he tried to find work at an equivalent level but failed.

After 10 attempts he tried lower positions. Then even lower and lower. When he failed to get an entry level position he hit rock bottom.

When he failed to get work at the local fast food joint he thought enough was enough. He tried to kill himself by hitting a tree at speed but he failed at that as well and lived for several weeks in pain before he passed away.

He did at least leave enough money in insurance for his wife to be clear of debt. But that was all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
Ok. Which one of MM’s 80 stories is like this one?

I looked on SOL and couldn’t find it reading the ‘blurbs’.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
loved most of it...gave it three stars

lots of typos, misplaced pronouns...

author should look up meanings of complimentary vs complementary...not normally interchangeable.

¨join my husband and i¨ means ¨join my husband¨ and ¨join i. you´d never say THAT, would you? you write this all the time

I could care less about the rest means the opposite of what you mean. look it up

I have enjoyed the friendship of he and his wife. the friendship of he??

and so on...

that said, you´re a gifted writer...even though it looks like you grew up with redneck english

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
@aniny 3/14/22 — Redneck

I haven’t looked at the passages you quote, but if they are within quotes, i.e. character dialog, then they could have the most atrocious grammar in the world, but you have to assume that’s the way the author wants them to speak/sound. Sure, misspellings are bad, but grammar and type of speech are part of the character. Imagine a Welsh mechanic written with the proper speech of a prep school and Harvard educated Connecticut American. Doesn’t work, does it?

Now, spelling and grammar of the 3rd person narrator/observer... well, I guess that’s part of the 3rd person’s character, as long as it’s a human true narration. If it’s the third person-God narrating... I’d hope God had perfect grammar, and hold them to a higher standard.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

It's definitely one of my favourite stories in this category just for the feels, even though the firing itself never comes across as totally plausible. Dave's numbers were deliberately low for a reason, the clients are aware of this, the higher-ups already have an inkling as to his long-term plans for their production, but somehow the division head is out of the loop and axes him without due process? I know the story is that Adler manipulated her, but how far can you take that before her competence is seriously called into question? Still, made for a good resurrection story.

BeauReadyBeauReadyabout 3 years ago

Maudelin, trite, boring, fairy tale, fundamentalist orientation, sexless. No place for this drivel in Literotica.

Radmatt0352Radmatt0352about 3 years ago

I really like the story. A few issues with spelling, but that is bound to happen. For some reason I feel it did not end well. You mention Dave's dream about the faceless woman, but do not return to it. Why would he give up that house and land where he has his hobbies? (Just speaking from experience) It is still a good piece of work.

schulz777schulz777about 3 years ago

Love that story. 6 starrs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I so wanted to drop this story like a hot potato , you warned us it would be long and wasn’t full of sex , long - not much sex - no no no ! Problem came when I actually started reading , then I couldn’t put it down ! A real page turner and well written. This story is The Great Gatsby of porn !

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 3 years ago

Would swear I read this before but read it all the way thru and liked it and glad it was on this site even if others don't think so. Good job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The grammar is atrocious (“HE succumbed to MY lawyer's pleas”), and the story is ridiculous (like you know nothing at all about how large companies run).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The bad grammar got to me/my/our/their by the end of page 4. Third grade teachers would be appalled. Hope it ended well. I've gone off to other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story but loses points on the bad grammar, as others have pointed out. And the author mentions that it was edited by someone he considers great. He needs to reconsider that. Short of the original version being much worse than the final product, his “great” editor didn’t even bother reading the story, let alone putting in any effort to edit it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a wonderful story. Only the grammar caused some frustrating reading. Using he and I in the same sentence for the same person needs to be corrected.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A pleasant, heart warming little tale. The writing was a little stilted at times but well worth a read.

LA

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Another great story! Thank-you... was so enjoyable. Another story where I lost some sleep.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I always like reading this story. It proves that not every LW story has to end with BTB.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Again, don’t know why he wanted her in the first place but I bet she never fucks with him again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was really good,but fuck.This shouldn't count as an erotic story,good read anyways

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago

As Was Said Long Ago

Although in a much different context - "So Let It Be Written, So Let It Be Done." As always *****'s Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is at least my third time through and I always love it (and go through a LOT of tissues). For a story with such a short, dull title it is anything but. Thank you for one of the best stories on the site!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Absolutely the best non-revenge revenge story I have read......period. Well thought out and well written. Yes, it has been a few years since the story came out but, gosh, this was the best I have read....period (oh, I already said that).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice story, but I lost track of how many times the tense changed, or his/her got swapped, 'my company'/'his company' was wrong, or even the writer went from third person to first, usually with the wrong he/she or 'my' thrown in. A quick editing pass would make this good story far more compelling to read.

InfiniteXaosInfiniteXaosalmost 3 years ago

Honestly, when Beverly asked to stay at his house he should have said no. It was far too son in reconciliation for that. That night she asked to sleep in his bed and snuggle should have been a hard no. Wayyyyyy too soon for physical intimacy. Then when she was wearing her lingerie she said HE was five months behind on HIS duties...yeah no, she is like three years behind on her wifely duties. He doesn't owe her anything. Then she starts making decisions on his house, not their house, but his. That isn't her house to do so with. Also, I didn't really like Susan. She went behind Daves back in a way when she invited Beverly to his barbeque after promising she would let the situation drop. She seemed a little too on Beverly's side then later got onto Dave about making it too easy? And she advised Beverly to 'hit below the belt' figuratively when Beverly was the one who most definitely was in the wrong and should have been the one on the wrong foot and most definitely doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to the entire situation.

During the counseling sessions, she harbors resentment that he would periodically bring up kids? After she, a bit before this, told Jen she wanted Marsha to eventually call her mom? That is pretty hypocritical. And before that she even thought of adopting a kid. Kind of backwards progress there. He's right about if they both had her desire to move up in position. Why hold resentment for that after the fact, when shes trying to get him back, when that is a major reason why she lost him to begin with? And they were supposed to be in an equal partnership yet she didn't even tell him her suspicions on being pregnant, involve him in the decision to go to the doctor to confirm, or even tell him she was late? That is not very equal nor a good way to start upholding the vows they just renewed. Especially publicly. That should probably have been a discussion in private. Not much was gone over on how they raised their kids, I sure hope she didn't make many unilateral decisions with them. It was a true partnership hopefully?

Now on the good: I love how she handled the Amanda situation. She set her straight before it was too late. I like how she actually committed to working on herself to make it up to Dave and win him back...though she never had to try as hard as she should have, but that is beside the point, the effort was still there. She was great with Marsha and Ari and she had good maternal instincts. I am proud of Dave for not just letting her railroad him when it all began. He stood up for himself, got himself out of the toxic situation, and kept to his guns. Dave handled the situation with the girls very well, he is such a good father figure. The one gripe I have from him at all is that he really made it far too easy for Beverly to get back into his life after she went to the barbeque. That moved far too quickly back into intimacy, both physical and emotional. She never really had to work to get back to where they were before, never had to earn anything back except for some counseling. That said, he was a great character and he got the happiness and family he deserved in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A Great Read THANKS.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
Earlier I mentioned about the car bumper thing.

That there was a whole long paragraph dedicated to it. It was the excuse used to get her to see Dave at his party. Then... nothing.

I remember the term now — Chekhov’s Gun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I dont understand why he put up with all that crap for years before the firing happened. She was a good wife in the end but years of her undermining, backstabbing and no children shouldve been enough to divorce her.

markivunibmarkivunibalmost 3 years ago

How can a board expect and pacify a CEO who cries in meetings, how stupid it sounds, lot of corrections needed in what could have been a great story.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
@anony 5/08/21 — understand.

The first several years were terrific. But as she climbed the corporate ladder and he stagnated in sales, that’s when things declined. The higher she got the worse their home life. That’s why he stuck around. The first few years obviously carried over enough into the bad times to stick around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

excelente

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok. Overall, a good plot. However, it still suffers from not being grounded in reality. First off, both of the new “ daughters” would have been damaged, by having both parents OD, and the grandpa treating them the way he did. Second, I think the husband and wife would have gotten divorced, due to her blatant disrespect. And women like her, do not admit to being wrong. Was never gonna happen. Last... I know some women who are in their early 50’s. The did “ rock” bikinis back in their 29’s, along with skinny jeans, etc. They would not wear now, what Huey wore then. It’s called the aging process. And it affects everyone....

des67des67almost 3 years ago

@Anonymous.. 2 Days ago... I know a few 60 plus-year-olds who rock a bikini, Ari wouldn't remember her birth parents, she was too young, Marsha would've remembered and most likely suppressed the knowledge of her birth parents' deaths... Marriage is hard work, couples grow apart and find their way back again, that's exactly what happened in this story... No need for a divorce, since counseling was taken and they both learned from old bad habits that's what makes a marriage work... Great plot, You need to write your own dam story... I won't hold my breath for that, easy to criticize than to praise...

@Markivunib... My buddy's wife is a CEO of a huge company in Ontario, and the horror stories I've heard make me glad I'm not 1... People have emotions at all levels, She's cried, laughed, and got pissed in 1 meeting, it's not weakness, it shows she's compassionate... Companies want someone who is like that and not some dam robot...

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreeneralmost 3 years ago

Nice twist on a cheating wife. One of my all time favorites

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Incredable story, cheating with a company. You have great talent, you had me in tears several times and im a hard nosed oil field worker and 60. Great details, long story but never slow or boring. Excelent job, dont stop.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

She’s lucky he loved her. Our else she’d be a lonely bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

BITCH DAVE WAS FUCKING PATHETIC FOR MOPING AND LETTING HIMSELF GO AFTER BEING FIRED....NOW WONDERING IF I SHOULD WASTE MY TIME READING THE FULL STORY......BEV IS A BITCH BUT WILL SHE MEET HER COMEUPPANCE...DOES DICK DAVE REMAIN WITHBEV

mrdata9770mrdata9770almost 3 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it was a fine read. Pretty much nothing left to the imagination, except for maybe Bob winding up working at a fast-food restaurant flipping burgers for the rest of his life. 5 stars. And what's with Anonymousy of 3 days ago below, with all the yelling capital letters, and what the hell is he trying to say? So he didn't read the story, then why comment in the end? There is no real sentence structure, but maybe he thinks he can compensate by using a big word like comeuppance. Issues.... issues...issues... Maybe he googled it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a great story. Definitely a 5*+. I was surprised that Beverly thought she was to old to have children when she was only 36.

mletroutmletroutalmost 3 years ago

Good story. I read up to about page six and got what I needed out of it. I have a very hard time seeing a marriage survive the extreme negativity of the business dealings, but not my story. It did detract a bit from my enjoyment, just saying. Super characters get away with anything. I would have given Dave a pond to walk on, personally.

/

Anyway, four stars. There were a bazillion mistakes that should have been caught in a decent proofread. The constant switching between first and third person was horrific. Did I see some second person in there, too? Yes, you did. Thanks for shring.

/

PS — what is the title/author of the original story? I can’t find a “Matt Moreau” anywhere. TIA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too little too late, Dave shouldve gotten rid of Bev a looonnnnnggggg time ago. Bev was a good wife after they reconciled but he shouldve divorced that bitch when he left. Men put up with way too much, its like only cheating will make men file for divorce.

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

I liked it a lot. Did need a good read, the view point change in edits kept slipping through, but --it happens. I appreciate it as a story of two people that let life get in the way. I can relate. Fighting to keep a marriage is sometimes tougher than walking away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The problem for me with this story was the pacing, the first half was great, little step to little step, the problem arose half way through when it was "okay I want my husband back" to "okay now we're back together and have adopted two kids and going to church" in the course of a day. It was like reading two seperate stories smashed together, or you had the ending planned out and just rushed to get there. I honestly skipped the last few pages because it just wasn't enjoyable anymore.

First half was great, second half was totally missable.

BeauReadyBeauReadyalmost 3 years ago
OMG!

I gave up after page three... Pulleaze! Get an editor! Cut this story down in half! Way, way too tedious, and truly - just nattering with inconsequential details!

This actually made me dizzy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I read for the enjoyment of the story. I can't help but believe that many of the comments would be very different if others read for the same enjoyment instead of hunting for petty crap to sling at others. I guess many are so disappointed with their own lives that they try to share their pain. NONE of you with all your "expertise" have dared to write your own stories Pulleaze OMG ( I'm guessing you already were dizzy) !

Thank you Q for a very good story as usual - 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

The hard times the good times. It was great to see the marriage come back but I don't think many would have come back from that situation. At least it wasn't a cheating wife just one with misplaced priorities. Nice ending as ends well. Wouldn't know what to criticizes as I got mostly 'Ds' in English class.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

a great story well told. in a sea of tales of hatred /revenge here's one of love lost and found again. it's a 6 star story but you can only vote 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was a wonderful story, and not far-fetched. Life, sometimes gets away from us and we forget what's truly important. Bev not only disrespected Dave, she did the ultimate betrayal, she almost lost her marriage. A young lady and a beautiful little girl brought her back to reality and love, just in time. Later, her name was not Patterson, it was her married name Waxman and she and her family were proud of it... 25 stars is not enough...

burningloveburninglovealmost 3 years ago

It appears some readers like short stories and don't want to invest the time for a good read. I had to go out with my family between pages 5 and 6. I couldn't wait to come back and finish the story.

As usual with you, Q - well done!

***** stars!!

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am reading this story repeatedly.

Excellent writing about the values of family.

Expect more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
WOW!!

Great stuff! A real tear-jerker!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Read again. Shoulda moved farther away

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

he had, without a doubt, destroyed the woman I was supposed to love and support.""" ?? This needs an editor, in the worst way. DO NOT get who is speaking mixed with the 3rd person. Keep the 1st, 2nd, 3rd person in mind when writing. You would not say' I went to the house, and when I saw who was coming up the drive, you left out the back door as he knocked on the door.' Why not? Well, it makes NO sense!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Couple gripes with this, continuously changes between first and third person, usually mid sentence or thought, it's incredibly jarring but understandable in a big story if it's not edited.

The second gripe for me, is the first half of this story seems to have so much planning put Into it, a decent amount of character development and plot, then the second half just tries to rush the ending. They spend an hour together and decide to adopt two kids even though their marriage is in shambles? Then it just kinda time skips through the next 15 years. First half is a 4 star story, second half is a 2 star.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

3 or 4th time reading this. Great stuff!

jflindersjflindersalmost 3 years ago

Even in my years reading as an Anon, I don't think I ever gave a qmh1 story less than a 3, with 5 fairly common.

To me this was a 2.

Firstly, this couple didn't, to my mind, have any business reconciling. History is history and can poison relationships even if the couple would, without the history, now be perfect together. Perhaps I just have too long a memory.

Secondly, the change of person was disconcerting. There were a few places where I wondered whether the story had originally started as being in first person with the narrator changing from time to time, or in first person with one narrator who had been changed on editing, or in 3rd person changed to 1st person and then back again. I am thankful for the mental exercise of trying to surmise what brought on the change in person which could happen and then reverse itself all in one sentence, but it is sloppy work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'll never get tired of reading this story. Its really just beautiful and wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's actually a really good story. That being said you definitely need a far better editor than the one you have now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story.

marvinedwardmarvinedwardover 2 years ago

Loved it. 3rd read for me. Call me a sap but love happy endings.

mainer42mainer42over 2 years ago

wow, one of your best, no nitpicking here

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with another commenter that they should have divorced. From fire breathing dragon CEO to loving wife? Too far or a stretch. Personalities don't change. I've known a few corporate boss type women. They don't seem the warm fuzzy type. They must have a hard time dating. Also your spouse wouldn't typically work for you, and you certainly wouldn't fire your spouse in any company. I do give the author props for not making it a straight up revenge story, the second half of the story was romantic, I guess.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Very well written and enjoyable story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You ruined a perfectly good story by turning it into just another pathetic RAAC tale.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Read again. Author busted his ass to justify reconciliation and I suppose he did. I’d have missed out on all that because I’d have immediately taken a job out of the country and ghosted her.

Burcham8Burcham8over 2 years ago

One of my favorites!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the few people who comment that I agree with is Legio_P_N. We read stories for the old fashion reason, the joy of reading. Far too many aren't even reading - their only reason to be here is to find fault to bolster their own damaged self worth. They are missing a great gift- free fiction that allows us a few minutes of escape from daily trolls. If you really want to show how a story should be written, please do so, rather than sniping at the work of someone else. Or are you afraid of your fellow snipes tearing apart your work.

Legio, I agree - this is one of the finest stories here though Q, oshaw and Randi have a few others that are really close (A Summer By the Lake, Vagabonds and Grief to name a very few). This site offers so many good stories by so many good writers. Thank you all! BTW, think this is my fifth time through!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Please ignore the negative destructive criticisms. I agree with the previous comment. It is such a gift to have so much FREE literature!!! I live in a poor country with limited options. This site provides so much for FREE. I love keep up the good work and keep the stories coming.

123456...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8995 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories