All Comments on 'Let Go'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 842 Comments (Page 9)
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It was a pretty good story up until the end. I didn't like the fact that Bev really never sacrificed anything in order to be with her husband - like, I remain unconvinced that all of the problems that led to them almost breaking up were really addressed. Also, I didn't like the adoption subplot that much, it was weird and just unnecessary filler. Especially since if I recall correctly, Bev is only 36 - it's a bit on the older side to have kids, but it's still reasonably in the safe zone, especially with genetic screening and IVF - which is something a loaded CEO should absolutely have access to - anyway, they had a child eventually so why did you think they needed to have that adoption subplot first? It was weird. Personally, I think you could have made Bev a lot more sympathetic if starting a family with Dave was seen as her committing to her relationship with him and detaching some from work. She could even had said something sappy like, "Dave, I swear I am going to put our child and you ahead of the entire world." - There you go, Bev instantly becomes a lot more likeable and it makes sense because of the influence of Sol and Susan on their relationship.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker4 months ago

This is the third time I have read this, and I still want to know-what kind of car was he going to restore, what happened to it, and what did he do when the wreck Bev bought showed up ?? Seriously, I have always loved this story. Syrupy sweet and schmaltzy. Thank you again for writing it. The Bear loved it. 6 stars.

The BEAR

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit4 months ago

It is NOT hypercritical for readers to point out typos/glitches/spelling/grammar or other errors to authors so that they can be quickly remedied, in order to make their stories more easily readable and understandable with a lot less effort. It is much better for all concerned if comprehension and the story flow can be improved, without unduly overtaxing readers whatever their own individual gender, birthplace, race, nationality, colour, creed, class, culture, political-persuasion or financial situation.

So it's NOT entirely "Nit-Picking" when readers point out acute errors that can make one wince, eg:-

"He once told Susan she was the smart aunt he'd wished he had when I was growing up."

as such glitches DO interrupt the seamless reading experience, and jolt his/her mind with a "Duh"? dropping them out of their attention trance for the necessary seconds to decipher and translate this! Too much time-out, can, and in some cases WILL, cause a reader here and there, to DROP that particular story altogether OR to downgrade their score of it, so any timely revisions could improve the Author's overall score rankings, and volume of favouriting. Please remember that some of these stories remain active for decades, so updating is always relevant.

I first read this story some years ago, and re-reading it now am STILL of the self-same opinion that this is a very powerful story, pitifully unchecked and grossly unedited, so full of glitches, typos and grammatical errors as to severely reduce it's readability! Potentially ten stars out of five, but in it's current grammatical state, 2.7 out of 5!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Oh, still one of my all-time favorites! It must be only me but when I read, I read over stuff. It doesn't matter! Yes I noticed errors so it still is a 5! DerMtMan

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'ma sucker for happy stories like this. My life of 53 years married is one of them. I've been fortunate, 2 great kids with thier own great families and I would like eveyone to have the same good fortune. No infidelity here just lifes prolems that will be overcome with perserverance and love.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent Story, and didn’t even need to be erotic to keep me reading

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

Was a lovely story at times things get so dark but then You see the light , I enjoyed each page , it was great to see how nice things ended up or everyone

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Still on page two. Generally well written, but the occasional slips into first person are jarring. Needs a final proofreading before resubmission.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I am a bit of a grammar Nazi, so the frequent mixing of pronouns ('They took 'my' time getting there', as opposed to 'their' time), missing words ('He patted dog' not 'the dog'.) and using 'you' as a possessive pronoun ('I'll take you car', not 'your' car'.) frustrate me as I feel like they are letting down your(!) otherwise excellent English. This is a well constructed, totally believable and beautifully crafted, life affirming tale. I have lost track of how many times I have read this story and I enjoy it every time. Thank you for your time, dedication and for sharing your talent with us.

Crater7527

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story, but one weakness is the unclear usage of she and her, never making it clear who was speaking. In stories like this, you have to sprinkles some names in. (eg, she went to see her should be Sally went to see Jill, etc.)

Just a recommendation to help the reader...

JPB

Odess83Odess833 months ago

Отличная история! Правда слишком быстро помирились, на мой взгляд, конечно... И удивляет, что текст просто обрывается

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. great story. Sort of a brutal abrupt way to end the otherwise entertaining story. Still gave it 5 stars

Gadf77Gadf773 months ago

Great story. Although I do agree with Dicksnugfit. Grammatical errors do interrupt the immersion and are irritating. Like writing I and me instead of him or his. It shouldn't take much time to spell check your story imo.

124C41124C413 months ago

One of the best stories I have found on Literotica. While some have pointed out grammatical issues, I found myself so immersed in the story that I failed to notice them. Thus my inability to be a proof reader is shown.

Thor2530Thor25303 months ago

Thank you. A sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I’ve loved all of your stories but this one. There’s no way this would really happen except in fiction. I find it hard to believe that any man would ever get back with a woman who did that to him. Firing him was just the icing on the cake of his life with her. Nuff said. LM

xhristianjxhristianj3 months ago

Seriously this fucking simp offing himself would be a better result than fucking taking this bitch back 😂

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

First YOU are one of my favorite writers .... period!!!

Having said that this "RAAC" story was completely WRONG! Taking her back, no matter how you tried to portray this selfish, egoistical, narcissistic BITCH is NEITHER justified or deserved! This story is literally the definition of "putting lipstick on a PIG!

For the first time one of your stories got what it deserved .... a "1"!!!

Don't do drugs .... they can lead to "brain farts" like this submission.

Better luck next time!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well written, crap story line. The main character started with a backbone and integrity. By the end of the story he had given both of them away. Divorce was the only reasonable answer and he needs to drop Sal's wife as a friend.

vorpal2vorpal22 months ago

I guess I was in the mood for a 'Hallmark' movie, so cried in all the right places - That said, syntax is awful, gender/spelling/'who's commenting, etc. are often a jumble. Clean it up and it will be a sweet, if a bit predictable story, but I'm not really complaining - please consider it encouragement to continue and polish - someone smart said, correctly, 'editing is writing' (or perhaps it was the other way around) remains true. Best wishes. h

AmbulAmbul2 months ago

It is a Hallmark story, and I liked it. I defer to Vorpal2's comments and suggestions.

huronbeachhuronbeach2 months ago

This is an engaging story, and the interplay of hurt, revenge and reconciliation adds to the enjoyment. There are a few typos spread through it and in some segments there is a disconcerting change of voice in some paragraphs.

Thank you for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Loved it

Thanks for making my day brighter!

Schwanze1Schwanze12 months ago

Or:

...by the time she got home he had moved all his shit out to storage except for what he would need short term. Then he pulled everything he could get out of their funds, which turned out to be plenty to live the rest of his life comfortably in Ecuador making babies with two hot little senorita twins he found about six months into his new life. He wanted to choose one but they insisted they shared everything and as it turned out decades later, they did, treating him like a king till the day he passed on with his grandchildren, children and wives around the bed.

SatyrDickSatyrDick2 months ago

[28.02.24]

Que Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked the beginning then it made a weird turn and continued to a story that seems thrown out without any planning of a good ending. If you find your story going off in the wrong direction stop writing. Come back to it after some reflection. This story went off course and stayed there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Please fix the pronoun errors. Things were kind of confusing. Otherwise a good tale.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 months ago

To the anon from 5 days ago: You're an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Asshole husband was too easy on the bitch wife. Fucking WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Old bitch writer wrote Dave like a fucking desperate wimp.

Miguel_TugaMiguel_Tugaabout 2 months ago

Adorei a história. Novamente. Mas uma dúvida subsiste: o que aconteceu às peças do carro que ela lhe ía dar quando o visitou pela primeira vez na casa nova?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Any woman who would dismiss her husband's opinions and desires for years. then callously fire him, is'thoing to north into a sensitive loving wife after a magical reconciliation. and a little counseling. He should have moved out the day she fired him, and inflicted maximum financial and professional damage on her for the wrongful termination, then divorced her ass with the biggest pitbull lawyer he can get, then never speak other again. I've had three female bosses two were incompetent bitches who acted like tough bosses to cover their own insecurities. The third boss was ok, so I'm not saying all women cant be good managers. Beverly acted as a Tough driven CEO, how does she turn that off at home? His firing was his escape hatch, and he blew it. Dumb SOB.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOgabout 1 month ago

My ex pulled something like this, which is one reason I divorced her. At a time when over 70,000 electronics experts had been “downsized” by GE, Toshiba and Panasonic, electronics jobs were not to be had. I was offered a teaching position at a school my wife was principal of. She nixed the job because she wanted me to wait for a higher paying electronics job. She was too stupid to understand there were NO electronics jobs available because so many of us were out of work. So rather than have her husband feel like a man and still bring in a paycheck, she belittled annd humiliated him and made him stay out of work for over 12 months. Ironically, I had turned down the principal job in favor of her so that she could gain the experience since she was the actual teacher.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good premise and story. Way too much crying though. It seemed like the key characters were crying every hour of every day.

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

One thing I have learned of property in Greece (including Crete) is that although you may buy the land, you may not automatically also buy the trees.

If you subsequently buy the trees you may not, automatically, buy any fruits those trees bear.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

This is such a well written story with characters that are so authentic that I would have thought this was something that actually occurred and was being retold by a friend. The problem I had with this was when Beverly was meeting with “The Board”, she started to cry multiple times. How many men do you know who are the CEO and would cry during a meeting with their board members let alone anyone else? They just accept it and give her tissues and time to collect herself which I find to be disgusting since it is clearly acceptable sexism. If it were a man then he would be either fired or told to “suck it up” or to “man up” which is common with most males from the age of about five years old when they are clearly taught that men don’t cry and have that drilled into them their entire lives. It makes the story more authentic since I have seen this happen in real life twice in sales and once in management and it was uncomfortable and even worse when I watched a salesman come back to the office and broke down in tears he was belittled and told to go home with nobody asking him what was the problem. If they had bothered to ask they would have found out that he was given 4 months to live as he had a brain tumor that was inoperable and still growing. I was one of his closest friends and I walked into work the next day and raised hell before I quit but at least I got to tell the CEO what kind of bullshit this was and that my friend was going to sue on grounds of discrimination and sexism. Sadly he blew his head off 2 nights later after thanking me for standing up for him and being the best friend he ever had. I still cry about this and have nightmares thinking about how his life ended and the betrayal he got from a company he worked at for 12 years. 5 stars

Gadf77Gadf7719 days ago

Great story ! I've read it about 4x now and will probably come back to it from time to time.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove7 days ago

The only thing that I feel disquiet about is the grandfather. Yep—I am pretty certain that the story looks different from his perspective; I wonder if he was really drinking? I wonder if he was, did that coincide with the process of the radical absorption of his family into another family that used his grand-daughters to mediate their own dysfunction? There is a dark underbelly to this story—the ruthlessness of competitive business practice turned on others in the service or name of a “higher purpose”?

Schwanze1Schwanze17 days ago

Great writing ability but again, forget that bitch. Never again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 hours ago

Why the changes back and forth from third person to first person, Within the same paragraph even, on pages three and four and so on? If you need to, get an editor or a proofreader or something. It's really distracting. As well as bringing up parts for a car that never went anywhere, and way too rushed of a reconconciliation - made it very unrealistic.

1...456789
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8996 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories