Life in a Small New Hampshire Town Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Zack Bradford. He asked me for a date."

"And..."

"And I said that I had to check him out first."

Chris handed me the two beers and I delivered them.

Friday, March 22

Morning

Amy

I called the Sheriff's Department and left a message asking Sheriff Farnsworth to call me. He returned my call a half hour later.

"Hi, Amy. What can I do for you?"

"I have a favor to ask of you."

"Ask away."

"Do you know Zack Bradford?"

"Is there a problem?"

"Just the opposite, actually. He's asked me for a date. He seems nice enough, but I haven't been here long enough to know who's who."

"He's one of the good ones as far as I know. He's never had any interactions with my department. He and his older brother, Michael, run a woodworking shop halfway between Appleton and Greensboro. It seems to be successful. He graduated with my daughter, so that should make him about 27. She had a crush on him in middle school. He played basketball in high school, an above average player, a guard if I recall. I believe that he was a little shy but got decent grades in school. So, to answer your question, no guarantees, but nothing negative that I'm aware of."

"Thanks, Sheriff."

***

Tonight was a normally busy Friday. I saw that Zack was alone at his table during a lull. I sat down.

"Was that your brother, Michael, heading to the men's room?"

"Uh, yeah."

"How's your woodworking business?"

"Okay."

"I understand that you're 27?"

"You've made your point, but how...?"

"Feminine wiles. However, I didn't get a reading on your dancing skills."

"I believe that I'm good enough to ask you, knowing how well you dance."

"Confident, but not arrogant. I like that. What did you have in mind?"

"Mondays and Wednesdays are your days off. I'd like to take you to dinner, followed by dancing next Wednesday."

"Stalking me, are you?"

"Naw. Personal observation. You're not here those days; ergo, they're your days off."

"Where?

"Dinner in Greensboro. Italian, Thai, or Mexican?"

"Mexican. What about the main event, where to go dancing?"

"That's a little problematic. There're really only two places to dance around here that I'm aware of. One's a small place in Greensboro, a bar with a tiny dancefloor and a jukebox. The other is here."

"I'm good with here. It'll be interesting to see The Beat from the other side. Pick me up at 6:00. I'll be waiting over in Olivia's. Dress up like you really want to be with me. I need to get back to work."

I made the rounds of my tables and picked up a couple of food orders and three beer orders. I entered them and was waiting for Chris to pull the drafts.

"How's Zack tonight?"

"Good. I have a hot date next Wednesday. Dinner at the Mexican place in Greensboro and dancing the night away here."

"You go, Girl."

***

Part 6 coming soon.

If you've gotten this far, thanks so much for reading. I sincerely hope you appreciate it for what I intended: A place to relax and escape from the stresses of the modern world to, for a little while. Please accept it as such.

Please vote and comment. Thanks for reading and especially thanks for voting and commenting.

Guy

This is my work and I maintain all international rights. No republishing anywhere without the express written permission from the author.