Living on the Edge Ch. 04

Story Info
Davey meets Melanie, it gets heated!!!
3.5k words
4.43
1.3k
4
0

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**********************************************************

This story is a work of fiction any real people in this are completely coincidental. This story takes place before the covid- 19 outbreak. This is a series meant to be enjoyed with, as well. This is the final edited version, it is also meant for enjoyment purposes. I hope you enjoy the new version of this story, as I have made lots of changes from the other version. So I hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!!! It is the final edited version. This series is meant for enjoyment purposes. I hope you enjoy the new version, as I have made lots of changes from the original version. Happy reading!!!

**********************************************************

It takes a while for Patrick and Davey to wait at the hospital. Patrick does not like going to the hospital's and Davey can see he is getting a bit restless. Neither of them has really talked much in the past half hour. Davey was about to break the silence, that is until Patrick sees Melanie at the hospital. He had forgotten that she was working the late shift tonight. Melanie sees both of them in the waiting room. Seeing Davey beside him. Makes her wonder who this person is sitting with her boyfriend. The minute Melanie sees him Patrick turns away from her and has got nothing to say to her.

Melanie approaches him, as his back is turned away from her. Davey sees her and says, "I don't think it is a good idea to come over here."

"Excuse me, who are you," Melanie rudely says to Davey.

"I'm a friend of his, we went to college together," Davey answered.

Looking at her as Melanie did not know much about his college years, or the people that he knew. Knowing that Davey could be lying to her, Melanie asks, "Were you in his classes together?"

"No, but I fucked him though," Davey answered.

The look on Patrick's face when Davey says this to her is a look of surprise. He has to cover his mouth from laughing. He knows this isn't true, but the way she said it is so worth seeing Melanie's look on her face. Melanie's jaw is dropped to the floor as she looks at Davey and says, "I didn't need to know that."

"I'm kinda glad he called me after he caught you fucking someone else," Davey said.

Melanie now knows that Davey knows what she did. She isn't exactly being quiet about it in her place of work either.

"Could you keep your voice down, I know people here," Melanie tells Davey.

Davey gets up as she walks over to where Patrick is so she can look at him. She leans over a bit as he smirks and says, "You are so bad."

She just smirks and giggles at him as she quietly says, "Play along."

Nodding his head as she says, "Babe I'm going to get a drink from the vending machine, do you want anything."

Smirking at her as he calmly replied, "Sure pumpkin, I wouldn't mind a ginger ale, just to calm my stomach."

Hearing Patrick calling her pumpkin, is what Jordan always calls her. So she does not mind it when he calls her this nickname. it definitely works for her, as she kisses his cheek and says, "I'll be back."

Looking at Melanie, as she walks by her, and heads to the vending machines, but she stops and says to her, "Just so you know, he isn't yours anymore."

Davey walks away from her, as Melanie hears her words. Looking up at Patrick who she approaches after Davey is no longer there. Melanie does not believe what she just heard as she says, "How long?"

"Excuse me," Patrick asked?

"How long have you been fucking her," Melanie answered.

"I beg your pardon, don't try to turn this around. Don't you forget what I walked in on today," Patrick said.

"Well obviously you've been busy in that regard too," Melanie says to him.

"Melanie, I'm just going to calmly say this. We are done, so it doesn't matter what I do or what you do," Patrick said.

"Look, let me explain to you," Melanie says, as he interrupts her and says, "Do you know I was at the apartment for nearly half an hour."

Hearing him say this makes her jaw open and eyes open wide, as she says, "You were?"

"I heard everything, every moan, every squeal you made, it made me fucking sick to my stomach. I couldn't even look at you when the two of you came out of the bedroom, our bedroom," Patrick answered.

"I'm sorry," Melanie tells him as he says, "Don't tell me you're sorry when you aren't."

Looking at her as he says, "So what do you want, why did you come over here."

Davey comes back as Melanie gives her a mean look as Patrick sees this and says, "Don't you dare be rude to Davey. If it wasn't for her, I'd probably be in an accident somewhere right now."

Melanie sees he is upset and says, "Pat not here, this is my place of work."

"So fucking what, did you give a damn about me or my well-being. Why should I fucking care about you," Patrick says to her?

Davey can see that Melanie is just provoking him and making him angry. She comes up to Patrick and says, "Come on, let's go to another hospital."

Melanie sees Patrick's hand, as she says, "He needs to get that looked at."

"Not under your care," Davey says back to her.

Melanie looks at Patrick and asks, "What is going on here?"

"What do you mean," Patrick answered.

"Who is she to you, why is she here with you," Melanie asks demanding an explanation.

"You think you deserve anything from me, after what you did to me. As far as I am concerned I owe you absolutely nothing," Patrick says as he gets up as and follows Davey as he turns around and says, "Oh and just to repeat what I said, we are done."

He makes sure everyone in the lobby hears him say it, as Davey and Patrick leave the hospital together. When Davey got out first, she was actually proud of him for standing up for himself. She did not have the courage to say that to Donnie when she first caught him cheating. It took her two or three days before they actually talked and eventually broke up, after that same conversation. Patrick comes out, as she looks at him and asks, "Did that feel better?"

"Kinda, but it still hurts," Patrick answered.

Kindly she smiles at him as Davey says, "It's going to take you time, but you don't have to go through it alone."

"You are the only person I want around me right now," Patrick says, as she calmly places her hands on his as she kindly asks, "Are you mad about me lying?"

"No, of course not, I was flattered that you stood up for me like that," Patrick answered.

Davey smiles and says, "It kinda felt good to give her a piece of my mind. You know what she did to you. It just didn't affect you, if I wasn't involved that would be different. But I couldn't sit there and not say anything. Especially after watching you cry onto my shoulder, and seeing how to hurt you were."

"This has to do with what happened to you also," Patrick asked?"

Nodding her head as she answered, "Yes, I wish I could have said what I just did to Donnie."

"Hold that thought," Patrick says, as they walk away from the front of the hospital and begin walking back to his car. They get back to his car, as they get in and take a few minutes to relax.

Davey is looking at the steering wheel, as she thinks about the argument she had with Donnie. How it was so one-sided, how he kept telling her that his cheating on her was Davey's fault. He easily twisted it around to make him seem like the victim. So when she saw Melanie about to try and pull the victim card on Patrick. She set something off in Davey. She was a completely different person just now. Patrick places a hand on her thigh, as he gets her attention as she looks at him and says, "Did you say something?"

"No, I didn't but I can tell you were thinking about something," Patrick answered.

Patrick is about to remove his hand from her thigh, as she places her hand on it and says, "No it's okay, I don't mind."

Looking at his wound as she says, "We need to get you to the other hospital, and quickly. Your hand is getting worse."

Melanie comes out looking for them both and sees Patrick's car in the parking lot. She comes up to his car as she sees Davey is sitting on the driver's side. Knocking on the window as Davey rolls the window down.

Patrick looks away from her, as Davey asks, "What is it?"

"I pulled some strings, and I can get you in faster," Melanie says to Patrick, as he looks at her and says, "Fine, but Davey can come in also."

Nodding her head as Melanie says, "Fine, yes, but just let the doctor fix up your hand."

Looking at Melanie as he says, "No games, I mean it."

"Of course, just come in and get your hand looked at," Melanie says to him.

"Give us a couple of minutes, we will be in," Patrick tells her.

Melanie just nods and leaves them be. Looking back at the car as she has the look of anger on her face. This makes her wonder if this has been going on longer than it seems. The both of them looked like a couple by how they were together. And Melanie knows that Patrick doesn't let anyone drive his car. She's never driven it, and she was with him for over a year after he bought it.

It never even occurred to her that Patrick would meet someone else. It never crossed her mind, but she should have known better. Patrick isn't an ugly duckling, he's very handsome. He's got a good job and makes good money. He has everything to offer any girl in this city. Realizing this, she keeps thinking to herself that he was cheating on her. Which is not what is going on at all.

Patrick is wondering to himself if he should maybe end their hangout after they are done being at the hospital. But he doesn't want to just hang out with her in a doctor's office. That isn't any fun, so he kindly offers her this and says, "So since you bought me that beverage this morning. Would you let me take you out to dinner?"

Davey had completely forgotten what happened as she just blushed and said, "Yes we can go because I am getting hungry."

"Me too, that is why I was offering," Patrick said.

"Well maybe after dinner, maybe we could go for a drive up to the cove," Davey asked?"

Hearing her ask this makes him happy, as he looks at the time, and realizes that they might just have enough time to make it.

"You know if we plan it right, we might just make the sunset I was telling you about," Patrick tells her.

Excitedly Davey smiles and says, "That sounds perfect," as they both get out of the car and head back into the hospital.

It does not take them long, as Melanie had arranged for Patrick to go right in to meet with a doctor. While Patrick is in with the doctor to get his hand taken care of. Davey gets a call from Mia, she goes out into the hall just outside the office, as she answers her phone and says, "Hey, there what's up?"

"Where are you," Mia asked?

"Umm, out with a friend, he is at the hospital," Davey answered.

"Oh, well you are late for work," Mia said.

"I'm not coming in," Davey tells her.

"What do you mean you are not coming in, Morris is going to flip out on me," Mia said.

"Look I didn't want to tell you this over the phone like this. I would have rather told you in person. But I don't like working there, I never have," Davey said.

"So are you quitting," Mia asked?"

"Yes, I am, I know I should tell him, but I know what he will say if I tell him. Could you tell him for me," Davey answered?

Mia sighs as she places two hands over her face and says, "I can't believe you are doing this."

"Look Mia I am sorry but, I only worked there because I had to," Davey tells her.

"Well what are you going to do for money, you still have rent to pay every month," Mia tells her.

"You think I don't know that geeze Mia, sometimes I can't tell if you're on my side or against me," Davey says as she annoyingly tells her, "I'm not coming in. So I will talk to you later."

"Wait, where are you, who are you with," Mia asked?"

"I'm hanging out with someone tonight, and I don't know how late I'm going to be coming home," Davey answered.

"We will talk tomorrow then," Mia asked?"

"Yeah, I'll catch you up on things then," Davey answered.

Davey ends the conversation, as Patrick comes out of the doctor's office just as she finishes up with her phone call. She sees the bandages wrapped around his hand, as she is glad to see it had been taken care of. Patrick smiles at her, as he says, "So did you change your mind?"

"About what," Davey asked?"

"Going to dinner," Patrick answered.

"Oh no, I still want to go," Davey said.

Patrick has something on his mind. However, he is hesitant to ask right away. But since they are going to dinner, and plan to go for a drive. It will be easier to bring it up over a delightful conversation, while they eat.

"So where would you like to go eat," Patrick asked?"

"Hang on," Davey says as she checks his pockets, and as she does that she playfully squeezes his ass cheeks as she smiles at him and says, "I was just checking to see if you forgot your wallet again."

Davey could tell that he liked how she playful touched him like that. The both of them laugh and smile together. Patrick felt turned on by how she playfully grabbed him like that. Smiling at her as he says, "You're never going to let that one go, are you?"

"Nope, I'll never forget how adorable you looked when you were struggling," Davey answered as she giggled.

Together they leave the hospital, they were in there longer than they thought it would take. Seeing that they missed their chance to see the sunset at the cove, as the sun had already set. Davey was looking forward to the drive, as she had a look of disappointment on her face. They are about to get into his car, as he stops her and says, "Hang on, I need to talk to you about something."

She looks at him as he knows he has to ask her this properly without scaring her off, as he looks a bit nervous before he tells her what he wants to say. Davey takes hold of his hand and says, "It's ok, tell me what you want to say."

Her calm smile as she looks at him makes it easier for Patrick, as he asks, "The doctor doesn't think I should drive for a few days. However I need to get to different places, so he suggested that I get someone to drive for me."

"I'll do it," Davey responded, without even beating an eyelash."

"You sure, I mean we only just met today. I don't want you to think that you are obligated to," Patrick tells her, as she kindly says, "No, I don't mind, not at all. Plus that also means I get to hang out with you more."

"You like that idea," Patrick asked?"

Davey has to tell him something though, as she kindly says, "But, for now, I want us to get to know each other. You just broke up with your girlfriend, so I understand if you need time."

Patrick takes hold of both of her hands as he looks at her and says, "Whatever we have going on, it's nice. I like your company and I need to know if you are comfortable with doing this."

That was definitely not what she was expecting him to say, as she says, "Of course I am comfortable with you. I can't explain it but even though I just met you today. I've had more fun with you in one day than I've had in months living here."

Patrick smiles as he looks at her clothes, there are blood drops on her clothes, as he kindly says, "I am not taking you to dinner, with my bloodstains on your shirt."

Looking at her clothes as she says, "So why don't we stop by my apartment, it is along the way to a very nice restaurant that is just up the street from my apartment. We could stop in for a bit and I can change."

There is another thing that Patrick wants to discuss but he is afraid that he'd be pushing it. However, she can easily tell that something else is on his mind, as she says, "I get the feeling you want to ask me something else."

"You can see right through me that easily," Patrick asked?

"Yeah, I could kind of tell," Davey said.

"I don't want to go back to my apartment tonight, so I have to find a hotel room or something," Patrick responded.

"Oh, don't bother with that," Davey tells him, as he looks surprised at her response.

"My roommates and I have a futon in the living room, it's yours for as long as you need," Davey said.

"You sure, your roommates will be ok with that, I mean how will we tell them you just met me," Patrick responded.

Stacy did tell Davey that she wouldn't be home either. This means that Mia won't be home during the day as well. Davey knows their routines, both of them are gone most of the time throughout the day and don't get home until around 5:30 in the evening. And now that she is going to be driving Patrick to wherever he needs to go. It will just make things easier if he just stays at her apartment.

"I think it will be easier if you stayed at my place. My roommates are gone most of the day anyways. So it will just be you and me there, and I don't mind the company I'm with," Davey says as she flirts with him, as she sees the twinkle in his eye is back, the one she's been trying to get back since they met at the bookstore.

"You are right it will make things easier, but I don't have any clothes or anything," Patrick tells her.

"I think Stacy's boyfriend has some comfy clothes of his in her room. I am sure she won't mind if I borrow some," Davey said.

This is unlike any experience he's had with meeting a woman. Patrick was not expecting Davey to be so open-minded. It is not easy to say no to this for him. Patrick can tell that Davey is attracted to him. He can tell by how she teases and flirts with him. It is easy to see that, so he smiles and says, "Then how about this, instead of going out for dinner. You and I stay in and I order some Chinese food."

"This day has been one big roller coaster ride," Davey says, as she smiles and tells him, "But I like that, I like that we just go on the fly like this."

"It does make things more spontaneous," Patrick says, as she nods and agrees with him.

The both of them get into Patrick's car, as she is about to start it up. Patrick can see that Davey is beating around the bush about something.

"I get the feeling you have something you need to tell me," Patrick said.

"Yeah I kind of told Stacy, you and I knew each other already," Davey responded

Patrick hears this and smirks and says, "So what did you tell her?"

"I just told her that I knew you from college," Davey answered.

"Oh well that's not a big problem, I'll keep that in mind," Patrick tells her.

"Ok, good because I might forget I said it and slip up," Davey responded.

"I never even asked you much about your graphics arts course, you were taking in college," Patrick said.

"Well I don't talk about it that much," Davey said.

"Do you have a portfolio, if you do I'd like to see it," Patrick asked?"

Davey remembers the card he gave as she answered, "Yeah no problem I can show you it at my place."