Longwood Fifth Hunt

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Wave Dan back and urge pinto faster, if they are bandits they will group on. No like but do see how most fellas think a gal is only good for roll and make vittles. Most bandit do group up to be in front of pinto, spread out a bit so pinto can only back up. Is good spread though only one has rifle, the rest have pistol in holster.

Another fella goes toward Dan. His hand are held out so Dan stop would reckon. The fellas spread out before are dirty and their cloth is worn. Reckon on been poor for a spell, no go elsewhere to find work neither, bad mind on thing.

"Kindly sir, we are only after a bit of monies. Simply hand over your monies and we will be on our way." This from the bandit over in front of Dan.

"Reckon on this whore give out rolls at the drop of a hat, may as well have some of her." One to my left say getting one next to him to snort.

"Heck, if'n we ask the injun likely will follow along giving us all a roll often as we want." Twist to look at Dan.

"Dan, bounty?"

"Hang on Janet." Dan look over all the fella for moment then turn back to one front of him, so turn to look back at what have front of. "That is Cherokee Janet, you fellas have one chance. Turn around and get on your way now." Fella in front of lean forward then snort.

"Like any injun can stand up before a holy warrior of god. Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord."

"Dan." The fella is reaching for his pistol.

"Bounty of dead Janet." Grin then and pull pistols.

Pistols clear leather in moment getting a snort issuing from fella to left, left pistol go toward him and shoot. Right pistol go toward man on right and shoot then track to each target. Two get their pistol out and shoot back, neither shoot me however. Not that aim is perfect, four fella manage to stay life long enough to urge horse about and gallop.

Dan wave on when look so urge pinto into follow. Put pistol back in holster to pull out Winchester. Pinto ear go down when load Winchester then am taking aim on closest fella. Shoot but am foiled by tree so reload and wait for exit from forest. Is thin forest so out in short spell so aim in again and shoot.

Fella stiffen then falls down in saddle. Would ponder perhaps still life just is listing so fella no life or close. Notice town close ahead, must be the hide town on account is rather rough town. Good portion of naught but tents. Some buildings, one looks to be a saloon, has sign saying as such least. Another would reckon is company buying up the hide.

Reckon on that on account there are hide laying out to dry, along with being packed into bags. Have a horse there being loaded down with bags of hide. Then have aimed in on another fella and shoot. This get attention of many at town on account of fella come out of saloon, along with the tents. They are stream into gap between buildings and tents, almost a street.

Course town is not laid out to have street, rather random on but there is a center empty area going through. Shoot another fella so he fall at edge of town. Only have one left now and reload see him almost to other side of town. Bring up rifle and shoot getting a cry out of him then he fall off and tumble as guide pinto to where he fell.

Hopping off pinto notice this fella is the one talking about holy warrior. Also said silly phrase of vengeance. Honest if god is determine of vengeance and what is wrong, he no pay attention. Fella is trying to crawl away when get to him on dirt so move up and kick over then point pistol at.

"Vengeance is Janet." He get wide eye then shoot, not in face.

Seem no shoot good on account he cry out and turn to curl up. Shoot again, then a third time. Would shoot more though pistol no more bullet. So work on reload pistol while look over town, all those fella look back. Then one notice badge so much outcry over that, more when one reads belt. Seem all know of me so perhaps no more bandit.

Course get guide may perhaps be hard. Am reload second pistol when Dan catch up. First Dan does is shoot, so reckon on the second to last shoot was life still. Dan said dead so was not good deputy, though reckon on would be soon no life. No matter, Dan finish and is coming toward when finish reload pistol.

Dan hop off horse and come over to look at then feel at face. Got blood on from shooting fella would reckon cause Dan hand is bloody now.

"Janet did you have to shoot him on the ground?" Nod and smile up at Dan.

"Silly round eye follow god when want and call holy warrior. Seem hide town want." Dan looks around and snort.

"Yes it is, hopefully can get a guide still. I didn't think you would hunt the bounty this far."

"Close forest Dan." Dan chuckle for a bit then look around.

"Do you have an undertaker here?" Some shaken head then man in business suit shove way through fellas.

"Train town has the closest undertaker. First though I want to ask what on earth prompted you to shoot them down in town."

"Bounty." I say getting Dan to chuckle some as business suit man come closer.

"Do you have a paper?" Dan shake head.

"We were coming here to get a guide to go look at the buffalo so Janet can paint one. Met these fellas in the little forest you got right there, demanding monies and Janet simply asked if there was a bounty. When they didn't leave us alone I told Janet there was a bounty." Business suit man look at no life fella and shudder.

"Here's to never having a bounty on me. Don't know this one so new to area. Seems a bit rude to ask but do you have monies to afford undertaker?" Dan nod then have me help him get Balik off Dan then on me.

"There are six of them, two fell in the forest and the rest strung out between the forest and that one. Reckon three dollars be enough for the burial, and another two can go for the fellas tasked with collecting and taking there."

Business suit man nod then turn and wave greenback along with explain what need done. Two fella step forward to get monies and get to work collecting. A third runs off, seem they have horse so will use the dead men horse to carry. Dan collect his horse reign then guide toward saloon, along with most of the fella.

Going in find the saloon is not that wonderful. Bar have no stool and is tall, there are plenty table at least so head for table. Dan follow after short spell on account was tying off pinto and white horse. Course Dan look at then head for bar, bartender just come in, to get drink. Stay there for a bit then head for another fella, speak on thing then both head for table am sitting at.

New fella is older, has grey in hair and beard. Old pistol on belt, look same as one had after could get something aside black powder. Quite long and make hard pull, though had good power to, honest needed both hand to use. Fella sit then Dan sit and set glass of water before.

"Janet this is Ralph, he is going to show us to buffalo that we don't need to shoot." Look at Dan then Ralph and smile.

"Good, why so many here?" Ralph sigh.

"There is a tribe in the area hunting buffalo, lost two hunters to them already so we are sitting in here for a few days so they can get their fill."

"How long been?"

"Lost the first hunter four days ago, and then the second yesterday." Ponder for moment then shake head.

"More than one tribe, heard tell on buffalo. One buffalo enough feed tribe for days and no only have." Ralph looks at Dan who nod.

"Buffalo used to go across the country, most every injun hunted them then."

"Buffalo hard kill so took many take one. With rifle is easy so one man take many with rifle. Buffalo Bill share on buffalo hunt." Ralph snort and shake head.

"Yeah I know Bill, he was a little wasteful on his hunting. So two questions. Not shooting the buffalo, and no need to worry about the injun?" Shake head.

"No wish shoot, have house and hunt for town. Know which injun is here?"

"Sioux is the injun we get."

"Sioux know of Cherokee, all injun know of Cherokee Janet would reckon. No worry. Do leave rifle on horse, they no wish be shot." Ralph just look at moment.

"Why would I shoot an injun unless they were attacking?"

"Old way of buffalo hunt is wear hide, look smell of buffalo."

"So we lost hunters because they shot the injun trying to get a buffalo?" Nod and shrug.

"Would reckon, perhaps shot buffalo hunter decide on." Ralph nod then sigh.

"Reckon they keep doing that if they have a rifle?"

"Yes, rifle better close." Ralph look at Dan.

"Does she always talk like that?" Dan snort and shake head.

"Janet knows English, speaks like she just learned it most of the time. Reckon on likes it better." Shake head.

"Get funny look out of round eye." Both look at moment then chuckle.

"Do you two got everything you need?" Dan nod though shake head so both look at.

"Need meat."

Luck find there is store here so go there with Ralph and Dan. Get chicken on account they are out of buffalo and naught else. Even get cut up chicken so can try fry chicken. Not tried afore, Isaac show how work just not make while learn on account much to learn. Get smile out of clerk on account buy licorice, he have plenty and need sell.

Exiting store make sure feed one to each horse. Ralph horse snort and nuzzle at getting pinto snort and grab arm to pull away. Ralph and Dan are laughing about this while get everything put away in saddlebag. Then we get atop horse and get under way, Ralph leading. Just ride for a spell afore spotting great big beasts, has to be buffalo and excited.

Never seen the majestic beast afore and live up to declaration. Easily taller than Dan no on horse the dark brown fur hangs off the massive body. Each leg look big around as down low where normally thin. Many of them are bigger than pinto so no wish go near. Least Ralph no lead us toward, we take path that lead to side of buffalo that do see, at least until notice one buffalo no look right.

Yell out how will share vittles if no kill yet to get side of odd buffalo open up to show injun. Just look at for a short spell then get wave and odd buffalo head toward where Ralph heading us.

"What did you say?" Look over at Dan and grin.

"Promise vittle if wait kill." Ralph look back at for moment.

"I assume there is a reason for that."

"Let use Winchester so easy kill and can do paint of what like for injun who still rely on buffalo." Ralph look back again and chuckle.

"I guess you do know English." Dan snort.

"Most of the time Janet only says a word or two at a time. Easy enough in Longwood on account of have people around all the time. Does speak more on hunts, reckon on Janet no like being around lots of people."

Find good spot make camp so drop off pinto and get to work on rub down. Dan finish first so set up campfire with Ralph. Give Balik to Dan and get to work on make vittles. Want make split pea on account only enough chicken for one piece each. Only have one pot though and reckon on mashed tater, then Ralph surprise with pot of own.

Is good to have so get can of pea out to open up two then mush flat with bottom of can then add bacon. Water pour in then go over fire with other pot that have water. Need cut up tater still so cut up tater to drop in that pot. All that done can get to work on chicken cover, need do wet on account only have two pan, Ralph no cook aside stew.

Then injun over by us and setting buffalo hide to side afore come closer. Greet in proper fashion then sit and wave over. They come and sit by fire look at what do with big eye when start mix the chicken cover.

"Know round eye?" Get three nod so smile. "Cherokee Janet, Dan, Ralph." Point to each with name.

"Enapay, Hotah, Ichante." Get finger point to each and they smile as name said. "You are Cherokee?" Nod and smile.

"Am Cherokee, last remain of tribe that said as uprise, lead to second long walk." All three frown at that.

"No uprise?" Shake head.

"Man in charge of reservation took from to make wife afore ready, then no give meat. Tribe went to town ask for meat, call in cavalry." All three spit on ground so hold up hand. "Man met rightful end, wife given Apache, house burn with inside, still life." Dan nod getting them to look at.

"I was there, it was a right proper end to a bad man. Also this is Balik, my son with Janet."

Balik no look so happy see other injun but they all smile. One reach over and tickle Balik getting coo then he is happy to see them. Is rather proper on account us injun are mostly rounded up any longer, though many of the west tribe still roam. Notice tater are boiling now so make sure chicken is all cover then set up second pan with oil.

Spend a bit doing happy dance over fire on account the chicken is frying up proper. Taters are looking about ready to get mashed and the split pea is smell good. All make for a right proper vittles with guest.

"Why did you want us to not kill a buffalo yet?"

"Came to paint buffalo on account no many left. Will allow use Winchester then can make paint of round eye hunter get buffalo with injun stand off side." They look at each then nod and smile.

"Have lost buffalo to rifle. May keep Winchester?" Look at Dan who sigh then nod.

"I will give you my Winchester and three boxes of bullets. When you run out you need to buy more." They are all smile at this.

"When kill?"

"Morning after vittles."

"Can we shoot two?" We all look at Ralph who turn red. "Need more meat at the town and then a hide is worth four dollars. Won't need all of the meat so you can take what I don't need." They lean together and talk in Sioux for a short spell then nod.

"Yes, so long as no shoot injun."

"Reckon if I did Janet would shoot me before the bullet hit you." This is funny so we all laugh for a short spell.

Fall quiet now so get to finish up the vittles with no speak on things. Add peas to go with chicken even though have pea soup cook. Will taste different would reckon, aside no sure thing even need soup. Dan has some apple sauce remain in jar so he is feed Balik while get gravy cook. Once all done get to work on adding to plate then pass out.

Vittles are greeted well by all, though the Sioux are unsure on the fork. Also not had mashed tater and gravy afore but like. Just sit and munch on vittles for a spell afore anyone speak on things.

"How close need with Winchester?" Ralph looks up for short spell pondering.

"Fairly close, better to use a buffalo rifle to hunt buffalo. Course a buffalo rifle is too powerful for any other hunting. Have done afore with a Winchester, get close as can without being charged and shoot the head. If it's looking at you aim for the eyes."

"Usually move up beside and stab with spear and knife." Wave hand.

"Shoot middle neck toward head." Everyone just look at a spell then Ralph snort.

"Reckon that would work. Hard head on these, but that is the top and front, back should be weak enough a Winchester works."

"Last hunt Hotah climb up buffalo and use knife there, work."

"May as well let Janet shoot the second buffalo with you Ralph." Look over at Dan though Ralph is nod.

"Reckon that would make it easier to get two. The herd will run at shooting so you three need to wave when you are ready."

Sioux nod and smile so reckon on they will wave. If not most likely manage to down a buffalo afore they get to run. At least hopefully, never hunted a buffalo so no real sure on where good to shoot aside head. Vittles finished get to work on cleaning up, did need the soup on account the Sioux wanted more, once finished cleaning we all bed down, still no roll out of Dan.

Wake the next day early, at least compared to when would wake on train or at hotel. Get fire going and ponder vittles a bit afore deciding on scrambled egg with hash brown. Spend a bit just cutting up the tater small and dropping in pan with oil. Not heated yet, chopping first so it all cook regular.

Get joined at the fire with the sky lighting by the Sioux and Dan. Sioux are smiling which no get until Dan set tracking leather in lap, did not get dressed first. Balik want milk so no get dressed right away either. Get dressed when Ralph is joining at the fire, not because of Ralph coming. Course Ralph tease on it because of him.

Plate get passed out and we sit to enjoy vittles so all is right in land. Especially on account Balik is point at everything and say pa. Am laughing hard at this, with Ralph and the Sioux, more after explain what pa mean. Vittles finished we split up, Sioux are going to get close to herd to pick out their target.

Ralph watches to keep track of which buffalo they go for while clean up plates. Finished with clean up grab up Winchester, make sure have belt and go stand with Ralph. Course then Ralph has us move closer to herd, seem have specific buffalo in mind to shoot. Spot Sioux off to the right going after different buffalo, this one large.

Then there is wave so Ralph bring up rifle, do same aiming on same buffalo he is. Shot ring out along with a hawk cry as Sioux leap out of hide to shoot and use spear on their target. Shoot at chosen buffalo as head come up. Ralph shoot just after would reckon though buffalo no go down so reload and shoot again.

Buffalo fall down now, and realize there is singing so look over. Sioux have down buffalo as well, so we got two buffalo to cut up. Know this on account Sioux are sing and dance, one on top of buffalo. Giggle a bit at this as go with Ralph over to the buffalo we shoot. He pull out knife smaller than Bowie to cut throat on buffalo so poke and pull out big knife.

"Heavens, what on earth do you use that for?" Grin and wink.

"Carry so make round eye nervous. No pull." Ralph snort then take knife and begin cut up the buffalo.

Realize what happen so dash back to camp to get canvas along with charcoal then dash back. Set up canvas on stand over by Ralph and wave to Sioux until come over. They stand where indicate with grin until admonish on be sad. Sketch fast as can the Sioux then wave them off, Hotah come look at as am sketch buffalo with Ralph cut up and like.

No so much like what Ralph is pull out of buffalo, so many big thing of inside. Ichante come over to collect heart, big heart of buffalo, easily big as body. Seem bigger than Balik so much meat to, also collect liver. These are taken over to where Sioux are work on their kill. Look over to find they are already take hide off top side, is fast work but also three.

Am same when come to deer so reckon on just matter of do enough. Get paint sketch done to a happy place pull bowie and go help Ralph. Is odd but buffalo inside rather like pig, though much bigger muscle. Have practically crawled inside body to cut up meat when get surprise. More Sioux are here.

Get two gal to help cut up buffalo so make quick like work of cut up. Ralph had to run and collect bags to stuff meat in. Once the bags are full we pile much on hide and roll up then tie with twine. Still leave what look like enough meat for two fella to match on scale. Ralph call enough though so reckon Sioux eat well for spell from this.

Course also collect some help get the hide back to camp. Ralph no carry alone and am tasked with rifle along with one bag of meat. Dan watch three fella carry the hide and meat back to camp with big eye.

"What on earth are we to do with all that?" Ralph sigh.

"Reckon on best to get you lot to help get this on my horse then will take it back to town." Dan look at moment then shake head.

"Better idea, we will load it on Janet's pinto then we will both ride back to town. Janet can stay here and mind Balik for a short spell." Pinto snort at this so giggle then find licorice and wave it about, he come right on over.

"You will be a pack horse for short spell, when back another licorice, deal?" Pinto nod head to grab licorice so grab mane and walk toward meat.

Dan is chuckling as he collects the things for pinto to wear and we work on get him wearing all of. Takes a bit of work but finally manage to get hide of meat atop pinto and tied in place. Pinto no look so happy but seem fine otherwise. Then Dan go and saddle his horse while Ralph do same and they are off.

emap
emap
237 Followers
1...345678